10. Agony

Agony

The next morning, he went to her house but as usual she already left. So he wait another chance to meet her. While in the other class, her friend keep questioning her about what happened last week.

“Krys, you can’t keep running away,”

“I know but it’s hard,”

“If you doesn’t explain it to him, you’re being unfair and that’s only will make it worse,”

“Easy to be said than do it, Seohyun,”

“But at least you have to try,”

“I know. I’m just…..looking for the right time,”

“You can’t wait or keep running forever,” Seohyun try to resoning with her. Seohyun hold her hand and squeeze it try to give her some strength. She know it was hard for her.

“Try and explain. It’s maybe will not turn up so bad, right.” Seohyun added. She look at Seohyun directly into her eyes and she nodded.  Their conversation ended when their teacher step into the class.

The last bell rang, he standing in front of her class. He waiting for her. Then, he noticed her. She saw him, her heart skip a beat. She try to walk past through him out of the class but he’s more quick. He grab her wrist.

“Look, could we please stop this run away games,” He look at her. She’s only staring down, doesn’t dare enough to seeing his face.

“If there’s anything I’ve said or done that might hurt you. I’m sorry,” He added.

“Please, don’t. It wasn’t your fault,” She turn her face and  plead.

“Then, why?” He said it a little bit demand.

“Let’s go home. I… I’ll explain it to you,” She stuttered. They start walking but she’s still not talking. But this time their silence is a little bit tense, not like usual. The silence keep accompany them till they reach at her house. Both of them stop walking, her back facing him. She turned her face toward  him. Now, they facing each other even she still can’t look at his face. She take a deep breath before she start talking.

“It’s Yongguk,”

“Yongguk?” He ask her. A little bit confuse. Who is this guy? The question popped in his head.

“A couple weeks before our first met, he confessed to me that he likes me but I said no. I thought he’ll  go away but it turn up he didn’t stop. He keep sending me letters and gifts but each time I put it away. At first it was ok…..but then I start to feel strange. I feel…….likes…someone is following me and the day…..when I bumped to you , it was the day I caught him following me. I’m scared…..I was totally afraid,” She’s shivering and try hard to hold her tears.

“So that’s why you want me to pick you up and walking back together?” He ask her and she nodded.

“I don’t know what to do. If only Seohyun was live close to me, I’m not going to bothering you,”

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth?” He ask it a little bit harsh.

“I’ve tried…before. Then you said you’ll wait,”

“But still you should be honest and not avoiding me. I thought I’ve done something wrong that makes you running away from me,” He said it in disappointment tone.

“I know and I’m sorry,” She still can’t look straight at him. He sighed hard. Dissapoint and frustrated clearly can be seen on his face. He doesn’t know why he feels like this. He doesn’t like this feeling.

“I’m going,” He said nonchalantly. Last word he said to her before he walked away. Then she broke down. She doesn’t know why the tears so easily flowing down. She isn’t the type that easily to cry but this time she feel like she hurt him. She saw a glimpse of his face. She saw the dissapoint, the frust, it’s make her feel more guilty. She stand in front of her door and the tears keep flowing. She take a deep breath and step into her house. The dry tears staining on her face.

Meanwhile, when he got home he change his cloth and heading to the convenience store. He doesn’t want to think about anything. He just want to get away. He step into the store and walking straight to the worker’s room. He change into his uniform and start working. Without he noticed it, someone was watching at him.

Hyoyeon feels strange. Amber doesn’t greet her like usual and moreover, she can see his face is emotionless. She know there’s something was wrong  and she’s going to find out. At the same time, his handphone vibrates. He got one new message. He open it.

From : ice princess

R u mad at me?

To : stupid llama

He sigh but he ignore the message and continued his work. Hyoyeon look at him. she needs to find the right time to ask him but of course, before the shift ended. An hour later, his handphone vibrates again. Another message in his inbox.

From : ice princess

I know it was all my fault.

I’m sory.

I mean it.

To : stupid llama

He sigh again but still keep ignoring those message. Hyoyeon take a step closer to him.

“Amber, there’s something wrong?”

“Nothing, noona,”

“You know you’re bad liar. Share with me, Am. Is this about a girl?” She asked. He turn his face and look at her.

“Ice princess?” She added. He look down  and turn back his face toward her. He sigh.

“I never can hide anything from you. Didn’t I, noona?” He grin a little bit.

“Well, you don’t have to,” Then, he tell her everything that happened in this couples of week.

“I don’t know why I feel like that. I feel like…” His word been cut off by Hyoyeon before he could finish it.

“Betrayed, been used,” She said that and he only look at her with a questioning look on his face.

“You like her,” She added. He stunned.

“Noona….please be serious,”

“Look, I don’t think it was easy for her. I’m not going to say she’s not wrong but been stalking, it wasn’t a nice experience. Mostly for the girls,”

“But at least, she should tell me. So that I don’t feel  like a damn stupid thinking that I’ve been wrong to her,” Suddenly, he feels like want to explode. Like everything was his fault.

“I think she want to but like I said before, it wasn’t that easy for her. Give her a chance, Am. People tends to make mistake,” She finish her word and squeeze his shoulder. He only staring down.

After he ended his shift, he went home and he keep thinking what Hyoyeon said to him. He doesn’t know what  to do. Should he just forgive her? His handphone vibrates. One new message.

From : ice princess

Thnks for evrything.

I’ll not bothering u anymre.

Once again, I’m sory.

It’s btter we be,

like hw we used to be

Gd nite, Amber...

To : stupid llama