54. Agony Epilogue

Agony

Throwback to one month before…..

“Ladies and gentlemen, now we’re approaching Seoul where the local time is 09:00. At this stage you should be in your seat with your seatbelt firmly, fastened. Personal television screens, footrests, and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front. Please ensure all electronic devices including laptop computers and computer games are turned off.” A flight attendant was making the announcement when the plane was nearing to land at the Seoul Airport.

Twenty minutes later, a pretty lady was walking out from the airport after landed, the tick tack sound of her high heels could be heard with every move she make. Her silver keys bangle was still dazzling dangling on her slim wrist. She pursed in a self-satisfied smirk while taking off her sunglasses.

“Welcome back, Yoona.” She mumbled to herself. Her hand phone was ringing loudly indicated that there was a call coming in. She looked at the ID caller and then she’s smiling sweetly while answering her phone.

“Hey baby,” She answered the other line.

“Yeah, it’s good to be back,” She replied more.

“Don’t worry baby, I’m one hundred percent ready for the big surprise. Bet they’re not going to expect the humongous blow from us,” She cynically chuckled after finishing her sentence.

Amber didn’t expect anything when he arrived at the photoshoot location. He just doing his job like usual while his mind kept flying back to her beautiful ice princess and his precious miracles at home. He tried his best to quickly finishing his job and rushing back to his princess. Nothing more important than her, not even if Miranda Kerr was standing in front of him doing varies of y pose in her bikini. He kept his stoic face while doing his job but without he realised it, time was passing by quickly. It’s almost the moon was appeared himself on the sky replacing the sun then he realised that he already missed his promised to his ice princess which is he didn’t fond of it even a little bit, luckily for him that after half an hour later, they wrapped up for the day.

Amber packed up his things, getting ready to rushed back home when suddenly a familiar figure passed by him while he walked out of the building. The sound off something dangling was a little bit too familiar to his ears. Curiosity kills the cats. Amber followed the slender figure without that figure noticed it and when that familiar figure stopped at one corner, a little secluded from the public. He watched the scene that been displayed in front of him, he almost one hundred percent sure that it was ‘her’. The dazzling dangling silver keys bangle could prove it.

Suddenly, a guy with a cross gun tattoo on his right arm appeared into the scene. They were arguing, the guy was a little harsh toward her. He pushed her until she was stumbled back on the floor, a scratch could be seen appeared on her white knee while she kept her anger and stoic face but those tears was unstoppable. Amber thought he should help her but the scene looks like that it was a lover fights and he didn’t want to meddle into someone love affairs though he thought if things got worse,  he might took some action. When that guy with the tattoo disappeared, Amber showed himself. She still sat on the floor when she noticed someone was witnessed the scene that she didn’t want anyone to knew about it. She felt embarrassed.

“Yoona?” Amber asked her. That said figure looked at him, a little surprised on her face. Didn’t expected someone that she knew to witnessed those scene. She chuckled a little.

“Didn’t expect to meet you here, Am. At least not in this kind of state, shame on me,” Yoona wiped her tears though it’s clearly could be seen that she was wrecked.

“What happened?” Amber asked her with concern.

“The same thing. The history kept repeating itself. My love story never had a happy ending, didn’t knew where it goes wrong or perhaps I don’t have the right to feel the true love though I already gave him everything that I have. My heart, my love, my soul, my everything that I bet there’s nothing left for me anymore,” She sniffled. A soft sob could be heard. Then, she chuckled while tried to stand up. A little staggering in her steps but luckily Amber managed to catch her before she could fell back down on the floor and getting more scratch than she already had. She chuckled more but with a little smirk on her face though it clearly could be seen that the chuckling and smile wasn’t sincere from her heart, it’s more to a broken one. A sign that she already had enough of cry and tears that’s even the smile also in sadness. But a little whiffed of scent from her that caught him off guard when she kept leaning her body toward him likes there’s no more energy in her, a scent of something sour….whiskey?

“Are you drunk, Yoona?” Amber asked her while tried to keep her body steady between his arms, so close to his body almost like they were hugging tightly.       

“There’s no other better way to forget than getting drunk,” Yoona chuckled with a little slurred in her words.

“This is not you, Yoona. What have you done to yourself?” Amber told her that with full of caring. His heart also break when he saw her, someone that he used to be with when they were still struggling in their study through thin and thick together. A friend that he truly missed when she was gone away.

“I did nothing, Am. I’m just trying to find my own happiness. Something that I couldn’t get it from you,” Yoona cupped his face with both of her hands and looked through his eyes. Amber puzzled. Something in her words that he couldn’t figure it out.

“You really had no idea, didn’t you?” Yoona chuckled a little.

“I….what…?” Amber lost his word. He had no idea what she talking about.

“It’s good actually because that’s mean I’m great at hiding it,” She smirked.

“Four years ago, when you asked me to play pretend in front of her till she heart broke….the kiss, the hug, the affectionate, I was hoping that it was true. You have my heart since before, Am,” Yoona confessed. Amber widened his eyes, he never thought she had that kind of feeling toward him. The guilt was fulfilling his heart.

“Yoona, I didn’t….”Yoona cuts his words before he could finish it.

“Of course you didn’t know. You never noticed me, you never did. Your eyes only could see her. Though I do realised how much you love her, it still broke my heart, Am. Every time you say you love her, you didn’t realise that you had torn my heart to pieces and what broke me more that…..” Yoona took a long breath, those tears was more unstoppable than before.

“I kept pretending. I kept saying that I was fine,” More tears rolling down onto her cheeks. Those heart broke was relapsed and it more hurt than before.

“I’m sorry, Yoona,” Amber’s felt more guilty when he heard her confession, he had no idea she had been kept that feeling since forever and kept hurting.

“No, please don’t say that because I never felt sorry when I was hoping you could replied it and felt the same though I know you belong to her,” She cried more.

“I tried to find the same look that you have when you saw her when I met other guy and hoping that he could love me like how you love her but I never find it, Am. Not even once,”

“Don’t lose hope, Yoona. You will find it, someday,” Amber tried to soothed her while rubbed her back slowly.

“It’s too late Am. My heart already broke too much. It never can be patch back anymore,” Yoona told him while looked at him with her broken tears.

“Trust me, I know you will,” Amber held her tighter, tried to give her some strength from him.

“Then, will you give me something if I asked you too,”

“Anything, you only have to say it, Yoona,”

“Will you kiss me to sooth my pain?” A favour that she asked was something that Amber never thought she will ask it from him.

“I…you…” Amber stuttered. He didn’t know how to answer that. First, his heart was belonged to the  one and only ice princess, no one else could replace it. Second, he felt torn between fulfilled his long, lost friend wish or just said no to a heart broken girl.

“How stupid me. Of course you can’t do that, it will make you feel just like you betrayed her. She must be waiting for you right now,”  Yoona snickered. A little too insincere in her smile.

“Just go, Am,” She started to stumbled, tried to walked away from him. But a force just pulled her back toward him, nearer and closer.

“Wait!” He pulled her and put a long and sweet kiss on her forehead.

Yoona stunned. Speechless, there’s no word that could described how she felt right now. Her long crush just kissed her though only on the forehead, it’s more than enough for her, at least it will put her heart a little bit in ease after been crashed so many times before. She closed her eyes to devour the kiss until it lasted, a kiss that perhaps she would never get it from him ever again after this, at least not from a guy named Amber Liu.

“I’m maybe didn’t love you like the way you love me and I never can return that feeling to you but no matter what, you still hold a special place in my heart, different than the others,” Amber smiled sweetly at her while putting her hand on his heart. Yoona smiled back at him, a better one this time. Sincerely and truly from her heart.

“Thank you,” Yoona cried again in his arm while they’re hugging each other but this time, the tears were for happiness and a calming sensation for her from him.

Unbeknownst to that couple, a little far from them, there’s a couple of eyes were watching how they interact with each other and with everything that happened in front of that familiar eyes, big jewels were rolling down on her pink smooth cheeks. And he did it again, he broke another heart.

Krystal ran and ran, far away from that oblivious couple. When she arrived at the car park, she tried so hard to keep her voice down and kept the hurting heart from feeling of too much pain but it’s failed, it’s failed miserably. She clenched her hand in front of her heart while her sobs was getting too much for her to hold it in. The strong urge to scream was really attempting her right now but no, she didn’t do it, she can’t do that because there’s still a part of her right mind that knew, it’ll only make it worse than better.

But why must it happen again? Why it must be her that had to felt the pain again? Why it must be him that broke her heart again and to make it worse, it was with the same person? Why it must be right now when she already felt the happiness of having a family with him and the blissful feeling when he’s here by her side? Why B, WHY?? Questions that kept puzzled in her mind but no one can give the answers while the person that could give it was too oblivious of the situation right now.

To make it worse, the babies were kicking her miserably and her lower abdominal started to felt a lot of pain though she tried to endured it. It just like the babies were knew that their mother was in a lot of pain right now and tried to make their presence for their mother but it just gotten worse. Krystal felt a lot more pain with the stress that started to push her down. She tried to hold the handle of her car’s door while tried to steady herself before she slowly sat down on the floor. Her right arm was holding her waist from behind while her other hand slowly rubbed her tummy, tried to calm the babies.

“Oh God……please be calm..babies,” Krystal clenched her teeth and tried to take a deep breath throughout the pain. Her body started to shut down on her, no matter how hard she tried to stay awake. Her sight started to see things blurry and before everything turned dark, two black blurry figures were approaching her.

After the whole drama with Yoona, Amber rushed back to his home somewhere that he should be three hours before. His heartbeat was sky rocketed, the exciting to meet the love of his life and his precious after keep missing them for the whole day was something that he didn’t want to felt it again but somehow he had too. The jobs calling were something very important right now. Mostly when he got two babies on the way, just waiting the signal of ‘we’re coming now, papa’. Both of them, Krystal and him can’t wait until the day that they can hold their bundle of joys in their arms, hugging, kissing, and cuddle them. They decided that Krystal’s house would be perfect for their little family since it was bigger and got a lot more room than Amber’s apartment. The twins nursery was already finish, just waiting for their owner to claim them.  

When he arrived in front of the house, there’s some kind of feeling. A weird one but he tried to ignore it. It just like something was not right with the house. He tried to look at his surrounding, her car was gone. He really didn’t felt good about this because Krystal’s rarely driving mostly in her state right now, heavily pregnant with the twins. Though he still tried to be optimists, perhaps Tiffany or Kangin took her car. He went inside, but his guts kept getting this kind of weird and wrong feeling. The house was quiet, too deserted for his liking but perhaps the ice princess was sleeping. He tried to coax his heart. He went to their room and started calling her name.

“Princess…princess… I’m home,”

“Princess, where are you?” He tried again.

The room was in the same situation just like the house, quiet and deserted. The bed was neat and tidy just like how he left in the morning before. His heartbeat was speeding 120 miles per hours, he’s getting the goose bump that something was definitely wrong and he didn’t like this feeling at all. He hates it. He tried to check the nursery but the result was the same. His hands started fidgeted, his mind was running tried to find something, a solution to this. His feet was walking downstairs, don’t know why, it just move on his own. He needs to make a call but before he could he do that, there’s a call coming through. He picked it up.

“Hello,”

“Hey, Am. I was wondering if you’re with Krystal right now? Me and Tiffany bought something good for her,” Taeng said with a little happy tone.        

“She’s not with me, hyung,” Amber’s voice was trembled.

“What do you mean she’s not with you?” Taeng was questioned him again. His guts telling him that something was not right.

“I don’t know. I went to work and when I get back, there’s no one at home. It just like she suddenly vanished?! Oh god, please don’t let anything happened to them,” His world suddenly started crumbling down.

“Amber, listen to me. You need to calm down. Perhaps she only went out for a walk. Did you already try her number? Kangin or Tiffany? Maybe they…..,” Taeng tried to think positive and be calm, someone had too since it looks like Amber was getting a panic attack but before he could finished his word, Amber’s eyes caught something on the wall of the front door. It was unnoticed by him before because it was behind the door when he opened it to enter the house. A piece of paper with some scribble on it.

Someone missing?

Follow this address :-

Suddenly, there’s something inside of him that kept telling him, he knew who did this. He definitely familiar with him.

“Hello…Am…Am…did you hear me?” Taeng was anxious when Amber didn’t replies to him.

“Hyung, I’ll text you soon,”

“What?!...Am….Am…hello?” He hung up on Taeng. He went straight to his car and speed up toward the address only right after he texted Taeng the address, any possibilities could happened and he could only prayed for the best.

Amber parked his car in front of the gate. He was hoping that he get to the right place, he didn’t have the time to make a mistake right now. The lives of his loved ones were on the line at the moment. It looks like a warehouse from the outside, an abandoned one. Bushes were everywhere and the wild leafy trees were surrounding the warehouse. It looks a little creepy and a perfect place for the horror movie shooting but that’s not the point right now. He went inside the warehouse, it was left unlocked. It looks like someone had been waiting for him. He took a couple of steady steps and went a little bit further but there’s still no sign of her. When he tried to open one of the doors, something or someone was knocked him out on his head.

Amber opened his eyes slowly, the ache on his head was felt terrible. He might have some bruise and blood on his head after the fainting spell he got when someone beat him. His eyes were felt awful while he tried so hard to open and adjusted it with the dim light inside the four wall room. There’s nothing inside of that small room, it was bare except an old single sofa at some corner and he tried to remember where he was right now or what happened before and everything suddenly came back to him, the photoshoot, the silver key bangle girl Yoona, the unanswered missed calls, the missing ice princess, and the warehouse. His head ache more than ever. He could felt the blood was flowed down onto his skin. His hands and legs were tied down and it hurt even more when he tried to released himself. Out of sudden, his eyes caught something at the corner not far from him. The body that’s so familiar, the figure that he could recognizes it no matter where or when.

‘Princess?!’ His heart was beating rapidly, his breath suddenly turned to harsh afraid of whatever already happened to her and whatever that going to happen to them though he was hoping so hard that the ending could be better for her even it couldn’t happen the same to him.

The ice princess was sitting on the cold floor while her head bowed down with her eyes closed, her hands and legs also been tied down. His rage was piled up when he saw in what condition she is right now. Krystal must be in so much pain with her position right now with her big belly on the way. His anger was rise up more when he thought about the babies. They didn’t even know how their babies were right now, were they alright or did they already lose them something that he didn’t even want to think about. He called her name while slowly tried to drags his legs toward her.

“Princess….Princess….Princess…” Amber’s throat was so dry that his voice turned a little hoarse. When his body was closer to her, he tried nudged her body a little while kept calling her name.

“Princess, wake up….Princess…” And his effort wasn’t for nothing when the ice princess’s eyes slowly opened up to him.

“B…” Krystal’s voice was so slow and barely could be heard but no matter what, he still could catch it and it bring a little light of hope in his miserable day and place, needless to be said in what condition they were right now.

“Hey Princess, glad you back,” Amber smiled a little. She looked at his face and tried to give him some assurance smile but her eyes caught something else.

“B! Your head,” A little alarmed in her voice when she saw the blood on his forehead and it didn’t look so good.

“Nah, it just a little. I’m more worried about you. I could handle this pain but I don’t think the same about you, how’re you feeling, Princess?,” His eyes were gazed down toward her rounded tummy.

“The babies?!” Krystal was more alarmed than before.

“Calm down, stress isn’t good for you, Princess,” Amber tried to calmed her down tough his heart was rushing, worrying about the twin. 

“I’m scare, B…I didn’t feel so good before and I don’t know right now, it’s kind of numb…I can’t feel them…..what if…what if something….,” Krystal started teared up.  

“I can’t handle that….I can’t lose them, B,” Amber put his body closer to her, she leaned herself toward him.

“Syyh…it’s fine….everything gonna be alright,” Amber tried to soothed her though his eyes also started to welled up with tears.

“They’re our babies…they’re part of the Jung. They will be a fighter. They will survive. I know they can, their mama is so strong,” Amber tried so hard not to think the worse. He can’t even imagine if he loses one of them, he could go berserk if he had to lose the ice princess or the twin.

“What we’re going to do now, B? I’m scared and I don’t even know how did I ended up here after I went to your photoshoot,” Krystal asked him while tried to held up her tears tough her hiccup still could be heard.

“My photoshoot?” Amber questioned her.

“What’re you even doing at there? You know that it’s too dangerous if you go alone, needless to say in your condition right now,” A little high in his voice since Krystal was been so reckless.

“I’m sorry…. I was so worried and it’s also your fault since you didn’t answer my calls, you didn’t even reply my texts. I started to think the worse and what I can do in that situations, I couldn’t even eat nor rest….I couldn’t stop worrying about you. So when someone told me where you are, I couldn’t stop myself from trying to find you,”

“Someone text you?” Amber asked her. A little weird in his tone, something was not right.

“Yeah and then I saw…..you,” A little hesitated in her voice.

“What did you saw, Princess?” Some demanded in his tone.

“You kissed her,” Krystal’s voice toned down a bit.

“What?!” Amber shocked a little.

“Oh no, Princess…..you couldn’t think that I….her,” Amber stuttered a little and he looked through her eyes, genuinely.

“You already thought like that,” Amber make his own assumption.

“Of course I am. It’s the same girl, B. What am I supposed to assume when I saw you kissed her?” Krystal’s teared up more.

“Nothing I can think about other than your heart belongs to her and I can’t have it anymore,” Krystal’s voice toned down a little more, more heart broke.

“Oh god, Princess. There’s no such thing. I love you more than anything else, more than my life. The kiss was nothing,” Amber tried to make her understand that his kiss with that girl was absolutely innocent. It was nothing like love or lust, it’s purely friendly kiss.

“I know I shouldn’t think like that but I can’t help it, it just happened,”

“And I know that I should doubt the sender rather than you,”

“The sender?” Amber questioned more.

“Yeah, it was anonymous. I don’t know who sent me the address,” Suddenly, everything that happened started to make sense. Amber could felt it, it’s always back to him.

“B…B…” Krystal called him when she saw him started to space out.

“It must be him. He already planned this,”

“Who?” Krystal asked him. A little terrified in her voice since she had no idea who was he talking about or what the other had planned for them.

“Me,” Suddenly, before Amber could answer her question another voice already answered it.

Their eyes were following the voice. The owner of that voice was a guy that both of them familiar with, someone that they knew. He was wearing a nice dark maroon Calvin Klein suit and with smug on his face, he walked inside the room and sat on that old single sofa. Amber started to be in his defence mode. He went forward in front of Krystal’s body and covered it with his own.

“Mr. Kim?” Krystal’s was puzzled. There’s no single thing that she could fathom, everything that happened was hard for her to comprehend. While Amber was started to bore a hole through that skull of that guy, his eyes were firing glaze toward him full with anger.

“LET US GO,” Amber demanded him while he gritted his teeth with furious.

“And why should I? Besides this is all your fault, if you just follow everything that I ask of you, nothing of these will happen right now,” With arrogant, he answered him.

“THAT’S BULL! I’ve done everything that you asked me before though I broke the heart of someone that means a lot to me,” Amber raged more but when he said it, his gaze turned soft toward Krystal.

“Oow…what a sweet reunion, don’t you think so, baby?” Jonghyun turned his head and there’s a tick tack of someone high heels or perhaps a stiletto walked toward the room with a dangling sound and there she was, the silver keys bangle girl. Now, it’s Krystal turn to felt furious while Amber was the one puzzled right now.

“Yoona?” Amber couldn’t describe what he felt right at the moment. It’s all messed up.

“Hey, baby,” That girl greeted the other guy with some kisses here and there and it’s look like they were started to eating each other face with half of her body was on his lap if it wasn’t because there’s another thing that they need to handle or rather someone.

“Oh please stop eating each other, I kind of want to throw up right now,” Krystal didn’t look so pleased. Well, you tried pregnant with twin in her 32th week sat on a cold floor with her hands and legs been tied up, it will upsetting you a lot.

“And someone please explain to me what the hell is happening right now,” Krystal was kind of irritated at the moment. A lot of thing were happening and not even a single thing she could understand. If it was in another situation, Amber could laugh with her sassy mood but their situation was far more than they can imagine with this sickly minded guy.

“Well, why don’t we start with your name then?,” Jonghyun smug was getting better while looking directly at Amber who was getting nervous, he didn’t know whether the ice princess could accept the truth or not. His past was something that he didn’t want to remember.

“His name isn’t Amber Liu but Amber Joseph Yiyun Kim,” Sudden silenced fill up the four wall room. Krystal tried to understand. Amber was on edge, nervous. While the other two in the room were getting amused with the current situation.

“My father was also his father. He’s my….” Jonghyun snickered but there some anger in his tone.

“Step brother,” Just like been dump by a whole bottle of cold water direct to her face, the news was a hit to Krystal. Something that she never thought of before, no wonder Amber rarely talked about his father other than his mother. Nope, actually he never mentioned anything about him, not even when she tried to talk to him about it.

“B…it’s that true?” Krystal’s voice more like a whisper when she asked him. Amber looked more tensed than ever.

“It’s not gonna change anything whether it’s true or not,” Amber blankly answered her. His face was nothing but just cold.

“Oh, it certainly had something to do with it. If not, we will never be in this situation right now,” Jonghyun cuts his word.

“Why you never tell me before, B?”  A little sad in Krystal’s tone. It wasn’t anger or mad but more to frustrated and disappointed, it just like she couldn’t be trusted enough to getting know him inside out. How can their relationship be retain if they couldn’t even trust each other and with the twins on the way right now, this relationship…..she didn’t know how much longer it could survive. This wasn’t in her plan. This isn’t what she wants for her twins, an unhealthy relationship between the parents. Amber could see it. Her disappointment was crystal clear could be seen on her pretty face.

“I never get the chance, Princess. I barely know him.  My mother was my only family before I met you,” Amber tried to clarified. He looked straight into her eyes genuinely, tried to make her understand his situation. It wasn’t because he wanted to deny it but it’s the truth. Something always on the way between them. Other than, Amber barely knew they guy that claimed he was his father besides his name and he had another family before his mother and Amber. Since little, he only knew his mother as a parent, one and only. There’s no other family or relatives.     

“Oh, cut the crap! I’m the one who you should pay attention to right now. Not your little twisted life k-drama,” Jonghyun’s voice raised up.

“Hush, baby. No need to pressure yourself. They won’t be getting away from us,” Yoona coaxed him while conceited looking at both of them. Her hands softly rubbed up and down Jonghyun’s shoulder, tried to cool down his tense.

“Yoona, why?” Amber only could ask that, nothing more.

“If only your eyes isn’t looking only at her, perhaps you won’t ended up like this,” Yoona answered him. Her stoic face was emotionless.

“You know how much I love her but that doesn’t mean I don’t care about you. It just different. I never can reply back your feeling toward me but I do hope you understand that I do mean it when I said that you hold a special place in my heart,” Yoona snickered hearing his answer.

“Then, that’s something you should regret since I only hope nothing other than your love for me only,”

“Why don’t we end this right now? I don’t want to waste more time than I already had,” Jonghyun took out the gun that he was hiding it behind his back, tossed it lightly in the air and pulled out the trigger while point it straight toward his target. The ice princess and the stupid llama.

“Damn it, Jonghyun! At least let her go, she had nothing to do with this,” Amber was furious but he was scared of his loved one lives.    

“Nah, she’s one of the main reasons why I have to do this,”

“You took her from me, just like how your mother took my father from me and my mother until she can’t take it anymore and decided to suicide. She took her own life, leaving little Jonghyun behind,” Though Jonghyun’s eyes were a little glossy when he talked about his mother since he never mentioned it to anyone before, but his pent up anger was greater than his sadness so he overcome it.

“Damn you, Jonghyun. My mother never knew anything about you or your mother, she had been deceived. She only knew it when she already had me but then, she left. She didn’t want to be the homewrecker,” Amber tried to distracted Jonnghyun with talking to him. He tried to delays more time.

“So what, she already is. She left but father still going after her and once again, everyone leaves little Jonghyun behind. No one ever care about him. He loses one parent but it suddenly looks like he loses both of them,” Jonghyun’s tone was a bit down though his face still look the same.

“You can’t blame her for that. It wasn’t her fault if he was the one who was chasing after her,” Amber tried more, hoping for any miracle to happen before Jonghyun’s gun come to alive.

“Then who should I blame for that, HUH?! WHO?! I didn’t ask for my  father to be crazy about another woman, I didn’t ask for my mother suicide, I didn’t even ask for my childhood to be severely lonely nothing like other children but still I’m the one who feel  the pain every single time. SHOULD I TAKE THE BLAME FOR THAT?! ANSWER ME!” Jonghyun had gone mad. His pent up anger was gotten all over him. He screamed for the pain that he had to keep since he was little. He pulled the trigger a couple of times and hit the roof. He pushed the old single sofa away from him. Yoona was a little taken aback with Jonghyun rage though she still tried to keep her stoic face. Jonghyun was no one to be messed up with when he was angry, nonetheless to say the mad one.

“And then, when I grow up, I saw someone that I thought that I could keep by myside and become mine so that little Jonghyun before won’t be lonely anymore,” Jonghyun said it while his eyes sternly looked at the ice princess. His stare was giving a goose bump to Krystal and make her move her body a little closer to Amber. No one dare to interrupt Jonghyun’s speech.

“But NO, you had to came and destroy everything. You took her from me. I try everything so that I could make her fall for me but still no, her heart only yearn for you though I try to make you look like such a big jerk head,” It went to pause before he continued it. Jonghyun snickered.

“Include everything that happen with Yoona, and the scene before…….emm… that was quite dramatic, pathetic, and sadly…FAKE,” Jonghyun and Yoona burst into big laugh. Both of Amber and Krystal’s eyes turned wide. Everything that Jonghyun said giving them a big shock.

“You mean, you plan all of this? Everything that happened before, the betrayal, the broke up, the accidents, it’s all because of you?” Krystal’s was in rage right now. The doubt, the guilt, the anger that she felt before shouldn’t be placed toward the stupid llama but the right person was someone that she never expected and that make her felt even worse. She felt like a fool for doubted Amber’s feeling and nothing more she could do to overturn it. It’s already done.

“You’re SICK! You’re insane. How could you?” Krystal’s eyes glistened with tears but her face was furious.

“Surprise..surprise…you couldn’t expect it, don’t you?” Jonghyun chuckled more with smug plastered on his face.

“I hope you rotes in hell!” Krystal spat her words with anger.

“Well, after you,” Jonghyun said while risen up his gun straight toward the ice princess and ready to pull the trigger. Amber never felt more scared than ever in his life than right now. The nervous was getting into his system and he knew that there’s nothing he could do to stop Jonghyun’s madness. He only could pray, so hard so that there’s something a miracle maybe to stop this miserable state instantly. While Krystal was still tried to keep her cold face tough she was trembled inside, she only could ask for forgiveness from her babies since she only could endangered them from day one she knew about them. And of course, her eyes sadly seen the only face that she going to miss forever in her life and someone that she indebted, her one and only stupid llama. If only she could reverse it, how much she wanted to change everything. Her face was cold emotionless but a single tear rolled down onto her face.

Suddenly, unforeseen circumstance happened. Just a minute before Jonghyun’s gun came to alive, just a second before he pull the trigger. While Amber and Krystal was getting ready for the bullet and fear for their loved one lives, the warning sign was came to alive rather than Jonghyun’s gun. The wailing siren could be heard from far away.

“Boss, the cops here!” One of the Jonghyun’s people running coming through the door warned their boss. Yoona ran outside with Jonghyun’s people, tried to secure the place at least for both of them to get away from there. Both Amber and Krystal felt the sudden rush of relief when they heard that, there still hope for them.

“YOU UNGRATEFUL SON OF ! You call the cops?!” Jonghyun was even madder than before. The sound of someone running, screaming, and shooting surrounded the warehouse. The situation was getting chaos outside of the room. 

“You never can get away. The cops already surrounding the area,” Amber spat a little more on the fire that raging through Jonghyun.

“OH NO, YOU DON’T. If I can’t get away from here, then no one can,” Jonghyun was more ready than ever. His hand with the gun arise again.

“Say bye-bye to the world now,” Jonghyun start shooting toward them but there’s another blazing sound of gun coming through. Amber was shielding Krystal with his body. The sound of guns shooting echoed through the four wall room.

Jonghyun fall down with the gun in his hand, missing one bullet. The bullet from the cops succeeded going through his chest, a couple of shot could be seen on his body. He’s bathing in the pool of blood. His eyes turned wide and his face was shock, perhaps didn’t expect his perfect plan collapsed right on his feet. He’s vomiting the blood before his soul leaves the body behind. The looks on Jonghyun’s face just like the scene from the horror movie, an unrequited revenge. But somehow it gave so much relieve to both of the survivor to see the sickly minded criminal fall down. The ice princess and the stupid llama finally can breathe easy.

“AMBER! KRYSTAL! AM!” Someone called for them. Taeng’s body could be seen through the crowded space with the cops clearing the body and cuffed the criminal that joined along with Jonghyun before.

“Hyung!”

“Oh thank god, both of you safe,” Taeng finally met them and there’s nothing could be said other than the gratefulness that both of them were safe and alive.

“Are you ok, Am? You don’t know how scare I am when I thought anything could happen to you. You should wait for the police rather than coming by yourself. That guy is sick you know, he could kill both of you. I don’t want to think about what’s going to happen if I can make it in time,” Taeng was blabbered, something that he always do when he was nervous. Amber only could smile, he never realised how much he going to miss this if something happened to them.

“Hey hyung, thanks…..for everything,” Amber blurted out after Taeng finished untied him.

“You fool! I thought I’m gonna lose my dongsaeng,” Taeng’s eyes glistened with tears but still smiling while his fist bumped Amber’s shoulder. They started untying Krytal’s rope that tied her hands and legs. But there’s something that weird about it, something that felt unsettling in his heart.

“Princess?” Amber asked her.

“Hmmm…” A slow whisper was coming from Krsytal. Her body was leaning heavily toward Amber, her eyes was feeling heavy and weak. Her face was looking so pale than before. Something was not right, Amber could sense it.

“Hey Princess, look at me. How’re you feeling?” Amber cupped her face with his bare hands. Krystal tried to look straight into his eyes though it suddenly felt like it took a lot of her energy just to keep her eyes open. Her breathing was getting hard and heavy.

“B…..feel…not good….” A much slower whisper coming from Krystal’s harsh breathing.

“Am, we better get her out of here,” Taeng’s voiced out his opinion while he looked at the couple. Amber only could nod his head. He pulled up her body toward him and carried her in his arms, Krystal’s lifeless body was against him. Only her breath could be heard, a sign of life.

“Am!” There’s a little alarm in Taeng’s voice. Amber looked at him and then, his eyes went to where Taeng’s eyes were. Amber was astonished by what his eyes just saw. Something that he couldn’t believe and he prayed that his sight was just playing with him.

Krystal’s lower region was living in her own pool of blood. Her white dress was getting another colour, the red blood. Amber could felt through his arm, something wetting his shirt. It looks like it won’t stop and it kept coming out from Krystal’s lower body. No wonder, she looked so pale and weak. There’s something wrong with her body and they needed help as soon as possible. Amber was trembled and suddenly stuck. He can’t think straight. The sudden event turned him to stupor. His head kept telling him, he can’t lose them…he can’t lose them…he can’t lose them…nor her. His mind kept replaying their beautiful memories, a sudden tear fall down from his eyes.

“Am, I already ask them. The ambulance will take for a while to arrive since there’s a heavy traffic jam along the road. I think is better if we drive to the hospital. We can take my car,” Taeng’s told Amber but there’s no response from him.

“Am! Am!” Taeng’s shook him from his stupor.

“Did you hear me?” Taeng asked again with urgency in his voice.

“Yeah..yeah…I think you’re right,” Amber’s slow voice answered him.

“Amber, look at me,” Taeng held his shoulder with both of his hands and squeezed it.

“You need to be strong, she needs you. The babies need you too,” Taeng told him straight through his eyes. Amber nods his head but with another determined thinking that they could survive. He can do this, he can save them.

Amber pulled through from his stupor and carried her into Taeng’s car. Taeng drive the car since Amber was needed to be with the ice princess at the backseat and he was in no condition to drive a car, let alone to recognize the road to find the hospital. His mind was clouded with the ice princess and their precious. Her dress was getting wet with the blood and it hurt Amber’s heart more. He held her closer and hugged her tightly.

“Please Princess, open your eyes. Don’t sleep yet,” Amber’s voice was hoarse and trembles with tears. There’s nothing could stop his tears. He started getting the bad vision of his life without them. His hand cupped her face and gently rubbed her cheeks, tried to make her stay awake.

“B…….” A very slow replied from Krystal. Her eyes were slightly open.

“Yes, Princess. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere,” Amber’s teared more.

“I’m….sorry,” Krystal’s slurred speech could be heard but Amber still could understand it.

“No, Princess. It’s ok, it’s fine. There’s nothing to be sorry about. It isn’t your fault,” Amber tried to talk through his sobs.

“I blame you…….for something that…..you didn’t mean to,” Krystal’s spoke with pause in her words. It getting hard for her to speak while her breath getting heavy.

“Syyh, it’s ok baby. I’m fine with anything as long as you’re with me,” Amber genuinely said it straight from his heart. Krystal smiled a little though it looked likes it took a lot of her strength just to speak with him and smile.

“I’m grateful…..for your love,” Krystal’s soft hand touched his face and held it for her dear life. He held her hand that still on his face. Amber put their forehead together. They closed their eyes and only felt their breath on both of their face while reminiscent their wonderful memories before the miserable event turned their life into the corner of between death and life.

“Tell them…..lied if you had to….tell them their mama love them so much…..she was a good person,” Krystal asked Amber to pass her message to their beloved precious with her shaky breath.

“No, can’t do that. You will tell them by yourself,” Amber stubbornly refuse her request but Krystal only smiled a little and closed her eyes again.

“B…..love you,” Krystal’s slurred speech was getting hard to be heard but Amber still could catch it. Her hand that held his face before was slowly dropping from his face till it lying lifeless at her side.

“No! Princess….Please, open your eyes…NO! Don’t leave me…please, don’t Princess. I beg you,” Amber sobs was getting harder and louder.

“Am, we’re here,” Taeng shook him from his reverie. Taeng only could look at the couple sadly. He tried to help but how much it could help them, he didn’t know. He only could pray for the best. A single tear rolled down onto his cheek, it broke his heart to see someone he care the most in this kind of state. Amber pushed the door and rushed out from the car. He screamed for help. He couldn’t care less what other people thought when they saw a crazy guy screaming while carried a bleeding pregnant person.

“Please! I need help! Somebody help me!” Amber screamed more.

“Sir, please calm down. What happen?” One of the nurses came to him.

“I don’t know. She’s bleeding non-stop. She’s pregnant with twin. Please help me….help them..please,” Amber begged.

“We will try our best but you need to calm down and wait outside sir,” The nurse explained to Amber.

“Get the stretcher and call the doctor,” The other nurse alarmed the other staff and when Amber put Krystal on the stretcher, they started wheeling her into one of the emergency room. Amber only could stand there and watch her been taken away from him. There’s nothing he could do here, only hope that the luck was on their side. The time suddenly stop for Amber, there’s no one else other than him and the glimpse of her that he could see from the window glass of the emergency room. The event suddenly turned a little chaos with the nurses running out and in from the room. The voices of the staff could be heard from the room. A little alarm in their tone.

“Find where the source of her bleeding and get her vital sign,” Ordered the doctor inside the emergency room.

“Her blood pressure was low, doctor. 82/54,” One of the nurse told the doctor.

“Her pulse is getting slower, 48 per minute. Her SPO 2 is dropping, doctor. 80% in room air,” The other nurse told the doctor.

“Doctor, the bleeding won’t stop,”

“Put her on oxygen and iv drip and bring the machine scan to me,” The doctor ordered again, a little high in his tone. One of his patients was in danger, not only the mother but the babies too. He needs to set his mind, there three lives in his hands right now.

The machine scan was brought to him and his hands started to moves the wand around Krystal’s tummy. He was looking at the machine while scanning the whole area, kept searching till his eyes found what needs to be seen.

“It’s an abruptio placenta. Prepare the operation room,” Ordered the doctor, it‘s clear and louder. His voice could be heard throughout the emergency room.

“Take the consent. She needs to get the emergency caesarean right now. Immediately!”

“What about the CTG, doctor?”

“Keep it going till we get the call from the operation room. We need to monitor the foetal hearts,”

“Yes, doctor!”

“Call her guardian. They need to sign the consent,” Another staff’s voice could be heard.

Amber was still waiting outside the emergency room, he can’t stop himself from thinking that he’s about this close to lose them. His feet were stuck onto the floor, he couldn’t move even if he wants to. No matter how hard he wanted to know what happened to them but his mouth was kind of shut up by itself. His body suddenly felt so helpless and it looks like any minute from now, it was going to shut down. His lip trembled while his knee shakes and at that moment, his legs giving up on him. Amber tumbled down.

“AMBER!” It was Taeng’s voice that brought him back to reverie.  Taeng came at the right time to caught Amber’s body before it touched the ground floor. Though Amber’s body was started to pass out on him, Taeng still held it close to him. And something caught his eyes, there’s something drippling from Amber’s right shoulder. Taeng stunned.

“Oh god Am, you’re bleeding!” Taeng’s voiced alarmed.

“Did you get shot? Somebody help me!” Taeng’s high pitched voice could be heard throughout the hospital’s lobby. One of the staff heard Taeng’s alarmed voice and got the stretcher for him.

“Guess Jonghyun’s bullet still got me in the end,” Amber still managed to chuckled. The staff put him on the stretcher though Taeng still held his hand.

“Oh god, it’s hurt so much now,” Amber shrieked in pain. He’s in pain. He didn’t know he was hurting before till right now. Perhaps he was been distracted by Krystal’s injury that he forgot about his own pain.

“Please, somebody help him,” Taeng was crying. He didn’t care about it anymore, there’s so much pain and tears in one day for him.  He needs to let it go. He still kept holding on to Amber’s hand. He was so afraid of losing them, losing him. He was his only family after his parent gone. Amber started to lose his conscious though he still managed to say his last word to Taeng.

“Hyung……please…save them….” Amber’s closed his eyes. His world turned black. He fell into the deepest pitch of his longest dream.     

“No…no…Am, don’t do this to me…AM!” Taeng kept calling his name though no one could answer him.

“Sir, please calm down,” One of the staff tried to calmed him down.

“Please, save him….do something…I beg you,” Taeng pleaded. His tears were rolled down non-stop. He suddenly felt so alone. He didn’t know what happened to Krystal, now Amber was passed out on him. He didn’t know what to do, he couldn’t even think straight right now. The nurses started to wheeling Amber into the emergency room opposite Krystal.

“Get the doctor!” The other nurse called out for the doctor. The chaos started again in the emergency room. The alarmed voices could be heard inside the room. The staffs were getting busy. Both of the emergency room were in war, there’s lives need to be save and it needs to be done quickly.

“Get me the vital sign,” The doctor ordered the nurses.

“His blood pressure dropping, doctor,”

“His pulse getting slower,”

“He’s losing too much blood. Get the OT for him. We need to get the bullet out of him,” Ordered the doctor.

“Yes, doctor,”

“Call the blood bank. We might need some blood transfuse into him,”

 “YES DOCTOR,” The nurses answered him. While the staffs were battled and struggled to saves someone’s precious lives, outside of the emergency room there were family of the said person that they tried to save were wailing for their loved ones to come back. Jessica, Yul, and Tiffany managed to come as soon as they got the news. The most terrible ones was Jessica, she was sobbing hard, hoping for her baby sister to come back in her arms. All of them couldn’t hold the tears for so long. That night was the longest for them, the waiting was so hard. They grieved in pain, their heart were yearning for them.

Five years later………

The chuckles and giggles of the small children were loud enough to be heard from outside the big house. The pitter-patter of their tiny feet brought joy to the elders, it was the sign of life with happiness. They smiled when they saw the little boy and girl playing around in the garden. Their joyous smile brought laughter to anyone who saw it. The little girl was having so much fun while her brother giving her a piggyback ride. The little boy was trying so hard to run with his sister on his back. Though it was hard, he kept smiling.

“Oh gosh, they look so much like Amber and Krystal,” The elder woman who enjoyed watching them were cooed at them.

“Of course, they’re their children,” The other elder man spoke while grinned from ear to ear.

“I know….it just…I wish that….” The elder woman sighed for so long.

“Hush, baby. We’re ok, they will be fine,” The elder man cuts her word, tried to coaxed her.

“Yeah, we will,” She looked at him with eyes full with meaning and genuinely smiled at him with him smiled back the same toward her.

“Aiden! Keysha!” Both of them called the children while opening their arms to caught the hyper children from the run.

“DADDY YUL! MUMMY SICA!” The children called back with their tiny legs running toward the elders waiting arm.

“OOPF..You’re getting bigger now,” Yul cooed at the little girl that sitting safely in his arm.

“I’m big girl now, daddy. I can count to thirty,” Said the little girl with some proud in her tone.

“What about my little prince here, huh?” Jessica asked the little boy in her arm while kissing his cheek.

“I’m bigger now mummy. I can protect daddy Yul, mummy Sica and Keysha from monster,” The little boy answered her.

“Certainly you are, baby. But right now both of you need to get bath and get ready to bed,” Said Jessica toward both of their children.

“Am I smelling no good, daddy?” Asked the twin while pouting their tiny mouth, both of them were not quite fond of bath except the beach. Yul only could chuckles when he heard their choice of word but still managed to look cute with pout on their face. Yul started smelled them with stuffed his nose toward the twin’s body and making a funny face while shrunk his nose, a sign of something smelling bad. He pretended to faint on the floor cause of the smelly body from the twin.

“Oh no, what we’re going to do? Daddy faint because of your smelly body, baby,” Said Jessica to the twin while tried to hold her laugh looking at Yul pretending face. The twin thought for a while and then shrieked in giggles.

“Bath go-go!” Screamed the twin while ran to the bathroom. Both Jessica and Yul only could laugh with the twin antics. They were their pride and joy.

After the bath, the twin changed into their pyjamas. Aiden was wearing his favourite superman pyjamas and Keysha was wearing her princess like pyjamas in pink with both of them clutched their beloved llama plush toy in their hands. Both of them were in their own bed.

“Sweet dream, pumpkin,” Yul tucked them in with a kiss on their cheeks.

“Sleep tight, baby,” Jessica kissed their forehead, poured all her love for the twin.     

“Mummy,” Keysha called for her mummy Sica.

“Yes, baby,”

“When I can meet papa and mama?” Asked the little girl with her eyes genuinely looked at them. Her other twin also seem interested in their conversation. Jessica and Yul looked at each other, they already knew this. They already prepared for this, it wasn’t the first night after all.

“If you sleep early, you can meet them later,” Jessica answered her with fond in her tone.

“Ok. Good night, daddy. Good night, mummy,” Said the twin to both of their Daddy Yul and Mummy Sica.

“Good night, baby,” Jessica and Yul replied them together while closing the door of the twin’s bedroom. They bid their good night and went to their own respectful bedroom.

“Aiden…Aiden…” Keysha called for her twin. Aiden opened his eyes and looked at his twin.

“Can we sleep together?” The little girl asked him. The little boy didn’t answer, only rise up from his own bed and went climbed up the little girl’s bed. It wasn’t the first time anyway. Keysha love to cuddle and tends to afraid of being leaved alone during night. She leaved some space for Aiden and lift up her blanket for him. Both of them drifted off to sleep with silence with their hand linked together and when they opened their eyes again, a big surprise awaiting for them.

“Papa! Mama!” Both of the twins shrieked in happiness with the biggest smile on their face. They ran to their parents awaiting arm. The little family were having their wonderful time during the reunion. Amber was looking dashing in his white suit while Krystal looking likes an angel with her white dress.

“We miss you so much,” Both of the twins told them together while hugging their parent tightly like they didn’t want to let it go.

“We miss you too, baby,” Amber and Krystal replied back their longing to the twins. They held the twins closer likes there was no other day. They were having so much fun together likes there’s no end.

“Will we meet you again, papa?” Aiden asked his papa. Amber and Krystal gave each other a meaningful looks. A genuine smile spread on their face though there was underlying tear in that.

“Only if you sleep early,” Amber answered him while making eskimo kiss with his son and then, his daughter that sat on Krystal’s lap. It leaved the little boy and girl giggles with their parent acts. The joyful were spread out in that small bedroom. The little family reunite with full of blissful feels, hoping for it to last as long as the night can.

 

 

 

Thank you to all Agony's supporters for being with Agony from the start till the end and thanks once again for bear with the poor english in Agony. Last farewell from Agony, good luck and good bye.....

                                                                                                                                                            ~P.S~