51. Agony

Agony

Krystal’s next appointment was still the same, she never allowed Amber to come along with her. And Amber still stalking her after her appointment with Sooyoung though he was the father. Sooyoung still recorded it for Amber to watch and today, they can figure out their babies gender.

“You’re getting both. A boy and a girl,” Sooyoung told him after Krystal left the hospital.

“Woa….really?! They’re fine, right?” Amber sounded so excited and smiling like an idiot but who cares? Certainly not Amber, in his head right now were only the babies. He asked the doctor about their health after she told him the good news that make him felt like he was on the cloud nine.

“Yes, they’re ok. But I want you to take care of her more. Since she’s already in her 24 weeks, it’s going to be more difficult for her, the babies will take a lot more space in her body and it’ll make her feel more and more uncomfortable,”

“Yes doc, I will. Doc, does she know it?”

“I told her but you know how she is right,” Sooyoung only could sigh when she remembered Krystal’s cold face even when she told her about the babies gender, the expressionless was still the same.

“She just need more time, doc,” Amber tried to defended her though he also didn’t know what’s her real feeling but a mother won’t hate her own child that long, right?

“I wish you the best, Amber and I pray both of you will have a happy ending,” Sooyoung gave him a hopeful smile that he replied it with a grateful one.    

Amber went home to her house after he finished his work at the studio. He still working in the studio and taking pictures though he had to stay late until the midnight just to finish his job since during the day time, he’s busy trying to please the certain ice princess even she still ignored him. But tonight was different, something in his inner heart tell him that something was wrong so he went to checked on her after he arrived at her home though it’s already 2 in the morning. Usually he’ll checked on her before he went to bed but tonight as soon as his feet touched the floor of her house, his steps automatically went straight to her room and there, he heard it. Some sniffles and sobs coming from inside of her room. Amber knocked on her door a couple of times while called her name.

“Krys, are you ok?”  His voice sounds so worried and concern.

“GO AWAY!” Krystal yelled at him from inside her room between her sobs though she tried to cover it.

“Krys, please if there anything I can do, please let me help you. I heard your cry,” Amber still tried to persuaded her.

“It’s non of your business, MORON!” Krystal lashed out her anger toward him. Amber shook his head when he heard it. Sometimes Krystal’s stubbornness was too much for him to handle though he tried so hard to be patience with it. Amber didn’t wait anymore, he pushed the door as hard as he could until the door was opened up for him to enter the room. He didn’t care if the knob was broken, he just going to fix it tomorrow after he settle down with the ice princess. When he stepped inside the room, he saw her sitting on her bed. Her eyes were puffy while her nose and cheek were red and her face was stained with the tears. Her left hand clutching onto her back and waist while her right hand held hard onto her legs. He can tell from seeing her that she tried to hold in her pain. Amber quickly come to her side, she flinched a little, a sign that she still didn’t like his presence.

“Krys, are you alright? Where did it hurt?” Amber asked her with full of concern. He tried to touch her but only to be slapped hard by Krystal.

“Don’t touch me, you idiot!” Krystal screamed at his face.

“Krystal please, stops this childish act. I just want to help you,” Amber told her and just ignored all her cold and deathly glare. He went downstairs, rolled up his sleeve, and brought into her room a basin of warm water.

“Your legs, it must be the cramp, right,” Amber told her while his hand moved her legs into the warm water and massaged it slowly. This time Krystal didn’t against it since everything that he’s been doing right now really helped her lessened the pain and the cramp. Then, he wiped her legs till it dry and put it on the bed. He took another pillow and put it under her legs.

“You should put your legs a little high when you’re sleeping, it’ll encourage the venous return and make it less cramp and swollen,” He told her while Krystal only staring down and kept silence. One of her hand still clutching onto her waist and back, trying so hard to ease the pain with her big belly.

“I can help you to massage it,” Amber that feel the needs to help her, tried to move closer toward her. Though Krystal still gave him, her deathly glare but she didn’t push him away when his hand slowly massaging her waist and back. She won’t admit it but it really did helped her to ease the pain and she never going to admit it but the babies seems to calmed down when they heard their fathers voice even though just a while before they were hyperactively kicking her inside out like a punching bag making her in pain and can’t sleep, something that she really hates it. And yes, she already can felt their movements and kicks but never, not even for zillions of money she’s going to tell him that. If Amber wanted to know anything about her or the babies, he needs to figure it out by himself because Krystal wanted nothing to do with him even with the babies, something that she really hates to admit it but the babies still connected them somehow, someway.

“You can lean on me if you want to. It’ll be more comfortable for you,” Amber told her that when he looked at her that looks like going to pass out any moment but she only rolled her eyes at him. Amber knew the babies make it hard for her to have a good sleep at night but he still thankful since Krystal still bear with it and didn’t push him away when he tried to help though at first, she tried to deny it.

Somehow, someway Amber woke up when he felt some movements beside him. Beside him?! Amber’s eyes widely open when he saw with who he was sleeping or in what position they were right now. Their legs were entangled together, his hands were tightly held her body while her hands were clutching onto him. Now, he remembered how he ended up on her bed, it’s not he hates it but if the ice princess saw this, she might freak out but it quite impossible for him to free himself from her since she was holding onto him like her life depended on that. Deep inside Amber’s heart, he never can deny that, he missed this. He missed to cuddle with her. He missed to sleeping with her. He missed how it feels to have her in his arm and every single part of her was so special for Amber. He caressed her cheek softly while admiring every inches of her face that he long since their broken heart argument. During that moment, it brought a lot of fond memories of him and her when they were still ‘us’, not ‘me and you’.

Amber’s train of thought was been interrupted when he saw her stirred a little in her sleep. He stunned, didn’t know what need to be done if she wake up and saw in what position they were right now because there’s certainly no good result going to be out of this if she knew it. However, after a moment he heard her soft whining that mumbled some of incoherent words though he still manage to understand it.

“Please….stop…hurt….please,” Krystal mumbled in her sleep, still oblivious in what situation she is right now while her hand automatically rubbed her big baby bump. Amber saw it and could sense her discomfort and stress, tried to ease it with slowly bringing his hand toward the big baby bump. He touched it and there he felt it, the soft flicks and hard kicks of his babies that keeping Krystal in distress, his one and only miracles. His heart fluttering in happiness, he almost cried when he felt them for the first time. Amber didn’t know that he already can felt them in her 24th weeks, it’s the most precious time and memory in his life after meeting her. He never felt more than grateful for having them in his life and thankful for the ice princess for keeping the babies though she hates it. He caressed her belly gently and tried to talk to the babies.

“Hey babies…it’s me, papa. I know you never heard me before but just want you to know that, I love you…. I love you more than anything, you’re the most precious person in my life besides your mama,” Amber sniffed a little, it too overwhelmed for him to handle.

“Please always be healthy and don’t hurt your mama, she already been through a lot when you’re inside of her,” Some of the tears managed to stream down onto his cheeks.

“Help papa, babies. Don’t be mad or blame your mama if you feel likes she ignoring you, it’s only because she already hurt too much and deeply. If there only one person that you should be mad with……it’s me….it’s all papa faults for making your mama suffers all this time but always remember that, we love you…..really…really love you…our little miracles,” Amber ended his talk with the babies and kissed the big baby bump. Somehow his acts managed to calm down the babies and his voice lull the babies to sleep likes they were understand their father’s distress. Krystal incoherent mumbles also stopped when the babies stopped making their mothers a punching bag inside of her.

Amber kissed her forehead softly while mumbling a ‘goodnight’ to her tough the ice princess was deep in her sleep. He left the room after that without realising that a pair of eyes opened up and watching him in sadness when he closed the door behind him leaving one side of the bed in cold.

 In one way or another, they managed went through their days like usual though the night will be a different story since Krystal didn’t longer denied his helps to ease the cramp and ache, the courtesy of the twin pregnancy. She also no longer freak out when she woke up in the morning with Amber beside her, at least that’s what Amber thought since he was the one who constantly wake up before her but nonetheless, it make him feel happy with their progress though just a little. He knew that he needs a lot of patience with the ice princess to accepting him back into her life. He just needs to bear with it a little longer.

Their peaceful days didn’t last long when one day, Amber saw Kangin came back home with a black and blue mark and swelling on his face.

“What happen to you?!” Amber asked him, full of worried and concern.

“Syyh…low your voice, I don’t want to wake up the ice princess. I bet she’s taking her nap right now,” Amber only nodded to what Kangin said to him.

“It’s nothing ok, I just tried to help a girl when she was been disturbed by some guys at the alley though I don’t know where she’s gone after that. She didn’t even say thank you,” Kangin answered him when he knew that Amber still want an answer to his question earlier with a whimper, tried to hold in his pain.

“You’re a black belt holder in taekwondo, hyung.  How can you get beat by those guys until like this?” Amber asked him again. A little anxious and uncanny in his tone.

“I don’t know. It looks like those guys were quite some boxer too, they know how to fight,” Kangin groan in pain when he tried to touch his bruised cheeks.

“Are you ok, hyung? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?”

“Nah, it’s fine. I’ll put some ice and get some rest, I’ll be better in no time. No need to worry, Am,” Kangin left him with unease feeling and went straight into his room.  Something told Amber that this wasn’t just a usual accident and he almost think that his instinct was right when he got a call from Taeng.

“Hello, hyung,” Amber answered his call.

“Hey, Am. Can you help me?” Taeng asked Amber.

“Help you?”

“Yeah, could you please pick up Tiffany at the company. I kind of got some problem right now,” Taeng told Amber that. Amber’s heart started to race.

“What do you mean by problem, hyung? Where’re you?” Amber kept questioning him.

“Relax Am. I’m at the hospital, got some bandaged hand but will heal soon. I’ll get home after clean up this wound. Don’t get worked up, ok,” Taeng tried to calming Amber that he knew going to panic when he heard about where he is right now.

“How can I, hyung? You’re in hospital! For freaking injury! And I have no idea what happened to you,” Amber’s sounds that he almost freak out.

“Geez, calm the guts down Amber. I’m fine, ok. I was taking some pictures on the hill and suddenly something push me down. I tripped and in a flash, I woke up in the hospital,” Taeng explained his situation to Amber.

“Hyung….”

“Aissh…this brats, stop worrying. I’m 100% alright except my hand of course,” Taeng tried to assured him.

“Fine, if you said so, hyung. And don’t you worry, I’ll pick up Tiffany noona,” Amber sighed a little but at least, he felt a lot better when Taeng said that he was fine.

“Now that’s my dongsaeng. Thanks, Am. Oh, I better go now, the doctor already call for me,” Taeng ended their conversation. Amber’s inner side kept telling him that something was going on here, something that he doesn’t feel really good about it. He kept telling himself that it was just his feeling though it felt hard to believe, two accidents in a day but foremost, it happened to the people that close with him. A sudden fear came upon him, he quickly move his feet toward the familiar room and when he saw that typical figure still nicely taking her nap with her big belly show a little bit more nowadays than usual, Amber felt his heart at ease. He took his car keys and went straight toward the front door to pick up Tiffany but before he could do that, someone knocked on the door. He opened the door and there he saw it.

Tiffany walked into the house half limping after Amber opened the door for her. She thanked one of the workers at the company that kindly willing to send her back home when she was hardly to do it by herself. Amber helped her to sit on one of the couch.

“Noona, what happened?” Amber asked her, voice full of concern.

“I broke my ankle,” Tiffany simply answered him.

“But how?”

“I stuck in the lift when it suddenly broke down on me. And I fell after that,”

“Ooh…noona. Luckily, there’s nothing bad happened to you,” Amber felt a little grateful since at least, Tiffany was here right now than still stay inside the lift.

“Yeah, thank goodness for that. Though the workers at there also felt weird when the lift suddenly stopped while it working perfectly this morning,” What Tiffany just told him, making his inner side kept bugging him that something is happening, something that he didn’t really fond of it. His thought was been stopped by Tiffany’s voice.

“I’m going into my room. A hot shower will help me for a breathing space after all of this,” Tiffany told him.

“Yeah, definitely. You’re going to need it, noona. Take a good rest and don’t worry about anything,” Tiffany only replied to Amber by giving him an assurance smile.

Amber’s hand phone vibrates, one new message.

To : Amber

Hw abt the little gifts that I gve to ur frens?

It’s fun, right.

From : Anonymous