16. Agony

Agony

“WHAT THE HELL  DO YOU WANT!?” She opened the door quite loud. Her face showed that she feel really irritated for disturbing her sleep.

“Krystal, what happened?” He ask her. He look at her up and down. Her face look pale like a corpse. Her eyes wasn’t bright like usual. Her lips certainly white not cherry pink like it used to. She’s wearing sweater with her hoodie covering her head. She look so fragile and vulnerable. He keep staring at her, not very much of his liking with this kind of look. He’s much more prefer that ice princess with icy glares that everyone scared of, her looks more brighter and alive but absolutely not like this, a sick girl. Her cough broke their silence.

“Amber, stop staring. I’m not dead yet…..(cough..cough..)…but I’ll really appreciate if you leave me so I can get on my bed,” She said it while covered , try to not let out more cough at least not in front of him. She know she looks terrible now but she can’t help it since she’s feel really sick. Her arms hug herself  try to keep her body warm. Her voice was worse than last night, becomes more hoarse because a lot of cough.

 She turn her body from him, she really want to get on the bed. She doesn’t feel so good. Her headache is killing her now. But before she could step further, she stumbled, her legs weakling a sign of giving up to walk more . Ok, now my face going to meet the floor, how terrific is that? She thought.

Then, an arm around her waist holding her from falling, kissing the floor. His arm holding her tightly till there’s no space between her back and his chest. He’s afraid she might fall again. He can feel her heating body, showing that she wasn’t in good condition.

“Oh…God! Krys, you’re burning!” The last word that she heard before her eyes closed but she still can feel her body been swaying from her current position. She think she’s been carried by him. Before was piggyback ride, now the bridal style. She feel the soft material hitting her body,it must be the bed. She thought.

He only can shook his head looking up at the mess in her house. Tissues were everywhere, the school uniform and other clothes been piled up at the corner, the leftover dinner was still on the table, her bag was opened, everything inside of it shaterred around on the floor. This isn’t a good environment for a sick person. Her house was not to big but of course, larger than him but still with one bed, kitchen, bathroom, a huge flat television and  a radio next to it, 4 sit couch, a round table. The only thing differ is his house is more neat and clean. He look at her on the bed. He take a closer look, he put his hand on her forehead. It’s feel hot and burning.

“Krys, I’m going to clean this and back to you, ok,” She didn’t reply to him. Only a small hummed can be heard from her. Without wasting more time, he start working, cleaning the house. He message Hyoyeon that he might come to the store a little bit late. While cleaning, he still can hear her coughing, doesn’t sound any better. Then, he finish cleaning, he want to cook something for her but there’s nothing in the cabinet in the kitchen or fridge except at the bottom of the cabinet but he can’t opened it, it’s locked. The kitchen also look more clean than the other part of the house, he think the ice princess and cooking wasn’t a good pair. Looks like he only can reheat the lunch that he maked it this morning. He put the tray with the reheat lunch, Seohyun’s medicine package, a glass of water  on the table beside her bed.

He put the wet towel on her forehead, hopefully it can lower her temperature. He shake her lightly and touch her cheek with his backhand, try to wake her up slowly. He heard her small hummed, she stirred a little.

“Krystal…hey… I reheat the lunch and put it with medicine beside your bed, you can take it after sleep. I’m going to work now but I’ll be back soon,” He look at her full of concern and care. If he can choose, he’ll not leave her but his boss wasn’t someone easy to be pleased or accept any excuse easily though his boss is quite nice, just when it comes to work he’s more strict.

She try to opened  her eyes but her headache wasn’t really helping her now with the light around her. At last, she opened it a bit, more to a peeking actually but still she can see him, just a little blurred than usual.

“You don’t have to…..(cough…cough…)..come  back…(cough).. I’ll be fine…,”

He pull the blanket to her chin. He gave her a small smile. He touch her cheek with his backhand again. She can feel it, it feel nice and good. It’s always feel good to have someone care about us mostly when we were in this condition, sick of course.

“But I want to. I’ll be back ok,” She doesn’t have any energy anymore to fight with him. If he want  to  come back, just let it be. Is not like she doesn’t like it, she just doesn’t want to be a burden for him. But if he insist it, she’s more than welcomed to accept it.

“Am….key…” He heard her small voice.

“I know. I’ll lock the door and bring the key with me,” He only can heard her hummed. He walk to the door and he take a last glance at her before he closed the door.

“Take care, princess.” That’s the last thing she heard before she drifted off to sleep. She doesn’t know whether what she heard right now was real or not but she doesn’t care anymore, not because only she feel extremely tired and weak but because it feels good to hear that maked her feel the tangling sensation  likes Seohyun said even if it only her dream.

When he got  home, he rushed to his neighbour’s house.

“Kim umma…Kim umma..”He called for her.

“Amber! Come in…I’m in the kitchen,” He heard her loud voice. He step into the house and went to the kitchen.

“You just got home, honey?” She ask him looking at the school uniform that he still wearing it. He gave her a dorky smile while rubbed behind his neck.

“Yeah, a little bit late today. Kim umma, can you please give me the recipe for a sick person? You know, the usual you make when I was sick,”

“Sick person?”

“Yes, my friend. She’s sick, a little of fever, cough, flu. Sort of likes that,”

“Oh, it’s she?” She ask him back while raise one of her brows. Then, they heard a loud steps come from behind him.

“It must be the ice princess!” Taeng said while back hugging his mother. Kim umma only pat her son head lightly before back to him.

“Ice princess?” Kim umma look at him. He glares at Taeng for telling that to Kim umma.

“Hyung!”

“It’s his girlfriend, umma,” Taeng said while put one of his arm around Amber shoulder.

“No..no Kim umma. It wasn’t like that. She really…really..just a friend,” He said it a little stuttered and it’s because of Taeng. He keep glaring at Taeng but only been reply back by Taeng with a smirk before he ran up upstair with a bottle of water in his hand.

“Well, I’m fine with any of that, friend or girlfriend,” Kim umma said that to him. He only smiling at her shyly just like a son that just leaked his secret love to his mother.

“How about this, I make the porridge and a little soup so you can bring it to her,”

“But I don’t want to bother you,” He said it, feel reluctant to accept her offer. He really doesn’t want to bothering her even Kim umma is so nice to him. He can make it by himself, only the recipe he needs.

“It won’t be like that, Amber. You help me before, I’m just returning you a favour,”

“But still…..”

“No more buts. I’m going to make it and you’ll bring it to her,” Kim umma determined. He never can win this.

“Well, if you ok with that,”

“Certainly. When are you going to visit her?”

“Tonight, after my jobs done,”

“Ok then I’ll ask Taeng to open the door for you. He’s usually still not sleeping at that time,”

“Thanks Kim umma. You’re so nice,” He said while smiling.

“You’re most welcome, dear.” Kim umma said to him before he step out from the house and closed the door.

When he walked into the convenience store, his eyes met Hyoyeon behind the counter.

“Hi, noona,” He greet her.

“Oh, hey Amber. How’s she?” Hyoyeon ask about  her since she already knew the ice princess is sick  from his message.

“Sick of course but hopefully will get better,” He said in a worried tone. He can’t help it. He really feel anxious leaving her like that alone. His worrying face clearly can be seen. Hyoyeo feel symphatized. This stupid llama…you still doesn’t realised you love her. Hyoyeon thought.

“Hey, don’t worry to much. She’ll be fine,” Hyoyeon said that to him try to lessen his anxious.

“Yeah, I really hope that,” He said it with expressionless but he really hoping she’ll be fine. He’s rather to face her bickering with him than her weak and sick face. He keep looking at his handphone, incase she’ll calling for him or getting any message from her.

He’s still doing his work likes usual but his mind was with her. He can’t stop thinking whether she already awake or not, she already eat or take the medicine or it’s getting worse or better. When his handphone ringing, he quickly pick up the calls without looking at the ID caller. His anxious face can’t be hidden.

“Hello, Krys?” The other line only blabbering with some music background. He hang up the call with a serious face, more to irritated.

“! Stupid Ad,” He cursed because of the advertisement call about a new song or whatsoever is it, he doesn’t pretty much care. He only care about her right now. Hyoyeon only shook her head with grinning on her face because she’s right now witness a side of llama that hardly to be seen except for someone he really care or love.

“Stop cursing, Am. Just go,” He gave her a questioning look.

“I can take care the store, only an hour and a half more. Besides there’s no customer now,” He try to comprehend what Hyoyeon just said and then he smile widely more to relief.

“Noona….”

“I know… I know... I’m the best. The kindest and nicest person in the whole world,” Hyoyeon said it with such a proudly face. He jump on her and gave her a big hug.

“Thanks noona. You always know the best,”

“Aissh…since when you’ve been so touchy.” Hyoyeon push him lightly. He can’t stop smiling but he let her go, grab his bag and heading home.