11. Agony

Agony

In the morning, she wake up likes usual and getting ready to school. She look at her handphone, nothing. No message or calls. Maybe he really doesn’t want have anything to do with me anymore. She mumbled. It’s true she’s the one who sent the message and said it’s better to be like how they used to be, a stranger but at the same time, she hope it will never happened like that. She touch her chest where the heart is, it stings. She doesn’t like this feels. She step out from her house but she can’t believe what her eyes just see. Her heart is beating like crazy.

“You! What’re you doing here?” She ask him. It’s surprised her to seeing him again after he’s ignoring her last night.

“Pick you up. Go to school,” He said it nonchalantly.

“You don’t have to. He’s gone….he already moved to another school,” She only look down after said that to him. She walk pass through him but before she could go further, he grab her wrist.

“But I want to.” He hold her wrist and and start walking. She doesn’t know why but she likes it even she can’t keep herself from wondering why he been doing this or whether he forgive her or not. She just following his steps. Along the way, he still hold her wrist but neither she want him to let it go. The silence still there but this silence is better than yesterday, it’s less tense. He let go of her wrist when it’s near the school. Both of them walked into the school.

 “See you during lunch.” He said to her and start walking to his class leaving her with puzzling mind. Her brain feels hard to comprehend what he just said. She thought  he mad at her but then, why he doing this or maybe this is his way to punish her. Maybe he’ll punch her or slap her when she meet him during the lunchtime or maybe he’ll poisoning her. Just thinking of that makes her feel goosebump.

“Krys…Krys…KRYSTAL!”

“Huh? What?” She ask Seohyun.

“You’ve been spacing out since this morning. Something wrong?”

“No…nothing. Erm…I have to go. See you after lunch,” She walked out from her class leaving Seohyun dumbfounded.

When she arrived at the big tree behind the school, she saw him already  been there. He turn his face toward her.

“Oh, you here. Sit,” He said that to her while she only look at him. But still, she sit beside him.

“You want this?” He give her the lunchbox. She take the lunchbox and open it.

“Gimbap!” She said it a little bit excited. He chuckles.

“You like it?” He ask her. She only smiles at him and nodded. Suddenly, what she just thought in the class come across her mind. It can’t be true, right? She ask herself. She’s staring at the gimbap.

“Don’t worry. I didn’t put cucumber in there,” He said that to her but he see that she still keep staring at the gimbap.

“You don’t think I put poison in that, don’t you?” He ask her again.

“Huh?!” She turn her face and shook her head rapidly.

“You really thought like that,” He chuckles more. She only look down and pouting. She think she just embarassing herself.

“Can I ask you something?” Now, it’s her turn to asking him. He turn his face to her.

“Why?” She ask him again. He looks confused and try to understand her question.

“Because I can’t finish that alone,” He answer it while pointing at the gimbap that look more than enough for two people. She take a look at the gimbap  and now she’s the one who looks confused. Is he really don’t understand or he just pretend? She ask  herself.

“No, I mean…..I thought you mad at me since you just walk away yesterday and you didn’t even reply my texts,”

“Yeah, I did mad at you because I feel like I’ve been used but after I think about it thoroughly, I think you didn’t mean it. You just doesn’t have any choice,”

“So…that’s mean you forgive me?”

“Only if we stay like this,” She look at him after he said that. She try to understand what he just said but still looks confused.

“Friends?” He said while extended his hand toward her. Now, she understand. She smiles at him and shake his hand while nodded her head. They finish the gimbap and back to class when the bells rang.

The last bell rang and just like before, he wait for her at the school’s gate. They walking home together but only halfway more, she ask him to piggyback ride her with the same excuse ‘my legs hurt’ and of course, he did complain and protest a little even he know he didn’t really mean it and at the end, he still gave her piggyback ride. She smiles widely. He only grinning till they reach at her house. He put her down.

“See you tomorrow,” He said to her before he start walking. Then, he heard it.

“Take care, erm...Amber,” He turn his face after she said that. She smiles shyly. He smiles back at her.

“You too…Krystal,” He bid her goodbye. Both of them can’t stop smiling because only after that, they realize that's the first time they called themselves by names.  

 When he got home, he change his cloth and heading to the store.The smiles still plastered on his face even when he step into the store.

“Hi! Noona,” He greet Hyoyeon a little bit excited than usual.

“Hi,to you too, Amber,” Hyoyeon replied back to him.

“Looks like someone had already make a peace with his ice princess,”

“Noona….stop teasing me,” He said it while rubbing behind his neck, shyly.

“What? I’m just stating the truth,” Hyoyeon laugh at him.

“But I’m happy for you. It’s better to see your stupid smile than your dark frowning face,”

“Yah! Noona, I’m not that ugly,” She only keep laughing at him.

“No, you’re not but admit it you’re looking stupid,”

“Yah! Noona!” He said it toward her a little bit loud  but she only laugh. At the end, he laugh too since he know she likes teasing him and he just tagged along.

 As more days passed,more times they spent together and more closer they got. They didn’t pretty care about it but people around them noticed it. The ice princess and the stupid llama are together. That’s what people think even they denied it.

“Krys, are you coming lunch with me?”Ask Seohyun.

“Oh Seohyun-ah, sorry. I’ve got….” Her words been cut off by Seohyun.

“Meet Amber?” Seohyun raised her left brow. She only smiles shyly at her.

“Seriously, both of you should start dating,”

“Yah! We weren’t like that. We’re just friends,”

“Friends? The hold school already start rumours and shipper for both of you,”

“Rumours? Shipper?”

“Yeah, that both of you’re dating and Kryber is true even there were haters too,”

“Haters?”

“Your fans Krystal,”

“Fans? I didn’t know that I’ve got a fans,” She make an innocent face, faking like she don’t know anything about it.

“If it weren’t fans, how can you explain those love letters in your locker every single day,”

“Well, sorry. I didn’t read it. I thought it were just a bunch of trash so I throw it away,”

“You’re so mean, Krystal,”

“Yah! Are you my friend or what?”

“Of course I am but seriously, Krys don’t you have any feeling to him?”

“Who? Amber?” She ask Seohyun back. She nodded.

"Yeah,who else. You spent more time with him than me now. Is not that i'm not happy but if you like him, admit it and confess,"

“Well, I do like him. He’s one of my good friends besides you,”

“I didn’t mean like that. I mean any tangling sensation , flying butterfly….you know that kind of strange feeling, when you with him,”

“Tangling? Butterfly? What do you mean? Don’t be ridiculous, Seohyun-ah,” She laugh at her since she thought that’s totally absurd. Me and that stupid llama? She laugh more.

“Yeah, right. I’m the one who’s been ridiculous. But don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you,” Seohyun leave her dumbfounded. She try to ignore it but what Seohyun just said really can be chase off from her head. Is she really have feeling for that certain llama? Her mind keep puzzling.