22. Agony

Agony

The bathroom door opened. She saw him standing, didn’t move like a statue more to been frozen actually. She look at him strangely. What’s wrong with him? She standing in front of him, waving her  hand and raising her brow like asking him what’s wrong. He’s too stunned to answering her question. He just showing a sign using his eyes that move to his right ear. She looked at it, it’s her handphone then, she heard mumbling sound from the other line and only one person can be this loud without the speaker on.

She took her handphone from him and she looked at the ID caller and she’s right. She gave him a look that showed a sign you-stupid-why-did-you-answer-that. He’s shrugged his shoulder while giving her a look how-supposed-I-know-that’s-the-snow-queen. She rolled her eyes toward him, turned her back to him and answered the call, far from him. She doesn’t wish for him to listened her conversation. He only pout, just like he want to hear that but deep down he want to know what kind of conversation the ice princess and the snow queen had.

“Hello….unni,” The other line was freaking out hearing her voice.

“Babysis, where’re you? Why you didn’t answered my call? Is there something wrong? Who is that? Why he’s answering your phone? Why’s he with you?,”  The other line bombarded her with questions. If she didn’t cut it off, it could be longer.

“Unni, calm down. Seriously, unni calm down,”

“Calm down? How can I? You’re with someone that I don’t know and plus, that’s a guy. Tell me, how can I calm down for seriously? I’m still waiting the answer why you didn’t answer my call? And where’re the hell are you? ” The other line more freaking out. Oh god, this’s going to be much longer. She mumbled while shook her head.

“JESSICA!” Finally, she spoke out louder.

“Yes!” Oh, thank goodness. Her sister get a hold of herself again.

“Unni, you need to calm down. You’ve got a panic attack. Take a llooonnggg deep  breath, ” Next, she heard her sister taking a deep breath.

“Unni, you’re ok now?” She asked Jessica.

“Ok, I’m cool. You know that you’re the reason I got a panic attack and now answered my question before I’m freaking out again,”

“I know and I’m sorry for making you got a panic attack. I’m sorry I didn’t answer your call and I’m sorry for every troubles that I’ve got you into but I have a reason. I’m sick,”

“Oh, ok. Wait, what?! YOU’RE SICK?!” Oh, no! She’s facepalmed herself How can she forgot that her sister always can get a panic attack when it’s got something to do with her and telling Jessica that she was sick certainly going to make her sister freaking out again.

“Unni, please before you get another panic attack, breath in…breath out…breath in…breath out…relax,”

“Ok, I’m good. Please no more surprised baby. I’ll get a real heart attack if you do it again,”

“Oh, unni you’re just overreact. I’ll tell  you everything but you really..really..really need to relax,”

“Just spit it out, Krystal,” Jessica sound so eagerly want to know. Her snow queen mode turn on.

“I’ve got a fever but I’m ok now and before you questioning me more, I’m going to answer it all since I’m already know what the question is,”

“Pfft….fine, answer it,” Jessica sound a little bit dissatisfaction.

“You doesn’t have to worry about me and no, you doesn’t have to come here. I’m fine, there’s certain llama taking care of me and yes, he is if you know what I mean. And unni, don’t tell mom and dad. They doesn’t need to care about this which I feel a little doubt about that,”

“Krys baby, they always care about us. You just didn’t realised about it yet,”

“Yeah..yeah, you’re right. But still they doesn’t have to know. It’s just a fever unni, nothing serious,” She answered it with emotionless. Sorry, I lie to you unni. She mumbled to no one. She really can’t tell her sister that she’s got an infected wound that almost killed her and been hospitalized right now. Jessica might get a real heart attack if she know it.

“Ok but I want to know, why him? I thought you already settle down with your feelings,”

“I did, maybe….but we’re still friends. It just a friend taking care of another that is sick. Nothing more,”

“I doubt about that, Krys,”

“You don’t have to. He just a stupid llama, he can’t do anything to me. Besides he lives nearby than Seohyun if not I’ll asked Seohyun’s help not him,”

“Oh, really?” Jessica only heard her hummed.

“Speaking about Seohyun, I did called her this morning,”

“You did?” Now, she’s the one who going to freaking out. Please not, her lies might blowing out now if her sister really called Seohyun.

“Yeah, but no one answered so I didn’t get a chance to talk with her,”  Phew…what a relief. She’s safe.

“Unni, you didn’t have to bother her,”

“I don’t have to if my certain baby sister answer my call,”Jessica mocked her.

“Unni…”

“You could at least text me. Just a simple one likes ‘Fever. Can’t answer now’ so at least I’ll not get a panic attack. You know that I’m almost buy a ticket to Seoul the earliest,” She smiled listened to her sister right now. She never can get another sister like her. Jessica can be over possessive and protective but Jessica care and love her and she’s feel more than thankful for that.

“I know and I’m sorry once again. But really, I’m fine now,”

“Ok, if you said so but I would like to talk with him,”

“Unni…..why?”

“Nothing, I’m just wanna say hi since I greeted him a little harsh earlier,” She doubt about that.

“Unni….”

“Just give it to him, Krys. He’s not going to get killed by speaking with me over the phone. At least, not yet,” She give her handphone to him. She know her sister will keep insist it till she get what she want. He’s startled and rapidly shook his head when she shoved her handphone toward him and he showed a ‘no’ sign. She’s glaring at him and give him a look just-answer-it-stupid  and he replied back with a terrified look NO!-that’s-the-snow-queen. She’s narrowed her eyes, raised one of her brow with a look that’s-why-you-have-to-answer-it. Strange, how they just can communicate with each other only by expression. She thought. After the struggling look they had, he finally took the handphone from  her.

“Hello,” Jessica greet him.

“Hel..hello,” He’s stuttered. She only can giggles when she look at him speaking with her sister.

“Are you the stupid llama?” Jessica asked him. He feel a little irritated since he know who told Jessica about that while narrowing his eyes at her, of course that certain ice princess. She only gave him an innocent look.

“My name’s Amber,” He answered her.

“Oh, ok whatever. I’m just wanna tell you that since you’re taking care of my baby sister. You must make sure that she’s happy and healthy again if you doesn’t want half of your body at the North Pole and half of it were still here. You get that, don’t you?” Jessica said it nonchalantly. A sudden cold freeze his nerve out.

“Ye..yes.. I understand,” He’s stuttered. The Jung’s really know how to manipulate people.

“Good, thanks Amber. Now, give the phone back to my baby,” He quickly give it to her.

“Unni, what did you told him?”

“Nothing, just some tips how to taking care of you,”

“Seriously, unni?”

“Yeah, why would I lie to you. Ok, Krys baby, I need to hang up now but I’ll call you next time and please…do please answer it,”

“Yes, unni I will. Bye.” They ended the call. She’s back to her bed and he sit on the chair beside her bed.

“You didn’t tell her that you’ve been hospitalized?” He asked her.

“She doesn’t have to know,”

“Why? She’s your family, right. She deserve to know,”

“Yes, she is. It just that my sister’s a little protective when it comes to me,”

“I don’t think little can describe that. I’m almost got an ear problem after she screamed at me when I’m answered her first,” She only can laughed hearing him said that.

“Ha..ha..very funny,” He said it while looking at her but deep in his heart, he missed this. Her laugh that can make his day brighter.

“Wait, why’re you still here? You don’t have to work today?” She asked him. Puzzling was all over her face.

“No, I take a leave,” He said it nonchalantly.

“Really? Schools too?” He only nodded. More questions comes to her mind.

“Why?” She asked him. He’s flustered. He doesn’t know how to answered that. He only look at her.

“You know that I’ve been hospitalized and there’s a lot of white witches that can take care of me,” She added.

“But still….,”

“You want to. Fine, I don’t want to argue with you anymore,” She pull her blanket over her chin and turn her back to him. Unknowing by him, she’s smiling widely knowing that he willing to skipped the school and work just to be with her even she doesn’t know the real reason is. Just let her think that is the reason for now. With that blissful feels she fall to a beautiful dreamland.

He look at her while she sleeping. She look more peaceful in her sleep now, better than the other night meaning she’s getting better and he feel more than glad to know it. He’s going to stay here tonight, he didn’t think that he want to leave her even he still have to go to school tomorrow. Thankfully, Taeng already messaged him that he brought everything that he needed. He her cheek gently, and interwined their finger. She won’t realised it, right. He thought. ‘Sleep well, princess’ he mumbled before he also fall asleep.