24. Agony

Agony

Just like the other days, they walked home from school together. Silence accompany them till she broke it.

“Hey, did you noticed that we almost the end of this year?” She asked him. He thought for a while before he answered her.

“Yeah, you’re right. In couple months from now we’ll celebrating new year. But why did you ask?” He asked her back.

“Nothing, just suddenly thought of it when I saw the advertisement for the year end show at the school,”

“You mean at the bulletin board?” She only nodded.

“Why? You want to join them?” He asked her again.

“Emm…kind of. I’m quite interested with the drama,”

“I thought you love singing,”

“I’m but this year I want to try the drama,”

“Well, I wish you good luck then. Hopefully, they’ll accept you because of your talent not because they afraid of the ice princess,” He scoffed at her while smirking.

“YAH!! I’m not that bad,” She glared at him.

“Yeah..yeah..you’re not bad, you’re just the ice princess,” He chuckles. She rolled her eyes at him and walked faster leaving him behind but he managed to catch up with her.

“Oh, come on Krys. I’m just kidding,” He said with his dorky smile. She look at him for a while and can’t hold her smile anymore when he make the stupid face try to cheered her up.  

“What about you?” She asked him when they walked together at the same pace again.

“Neh, I don’t have that kind of talent. Besides I have to take the pictures,”

“Pictures?”

“Yep, for the school’s magazine. The teacher asked me to,”

“Awesome! That’s mean you can take a lot of my pictures while I’m doing  the drama,”

“Nope, can’t do,”

“Why?” She pouted.

“Because it would be a waste,” He said it nonchalantly.

“What?!!” She gave him, her icy glares. He’s smiled dorkily while slowly expedite his pace and start to ran from her.

“Yah! You stupid llama! Don’t you dare to run away!!” She screamed at him before start to chased after him.

That night, after he got home from work. He look at his calendar, it’s almost the end of the year. Then, something clicked in his head. That’s mean, it’s almost a year since the first day he met the ice princess. Woa!...so unbelievable. If there’s anyone asked him about the ice princess a year ago, he only will shrugged his shoulder showing no interest and knowing nothing about her but now, everything is differed. It can be said that almost half of his time was circled around her. He’s smiled when he remembered everything that happened between them, a lot of memories and emotions. He doesn’t know if she was thinking the same. Maybe it won’t mean anything to her. He thought. But, he still want to make it special, make a lot more beautiful memories with her so he took his handphone and called the familiar number.

“Hello,” The other line greeted him.

“Hey, Krys. Are you asleep?”

“Not yet. Just laying down. What about you?” She asked him.

“Just got home after work,” He only heard her hummed.

“Erm…Krys, do you have any plan this weekend?”

“Emm…this weekend?.......nope, not yet. Why?”

“Wanna go….somewhere fun?” He asked her, a little hesistate, afraid that she might reject it.

“Fun? Where?”

“Amusement park,”

“Oh, ok,” She answered it nonchalantly.

“Really?!” He asked her. A little excited in his tone.

“Yeah, why not,”

“Well, I see you in the weekend,” Then, she hang up the call. That night, he slept with a beautiful dream with a certain princess at the amusement park. He’s already fall for her but as dense as he can be, that stupid llama still didn’t realised it yet.

During the weekend, they went to the amusement park. When they reached there, a smile keep plastered on her face likes a child that just got a toy. He grinning looking at her happy face.

“Woa! This is so much fun,” She’s smiling widely looking at all the ride, food, and peoples. Her pace start to accelerated. He’s catching up with her, sometimes try to keep a hold on her when she got too excited, afraid to lose her in this crowd.

“Careful Krys, don’t go to far,” His tone full of concern. She stick out her tongue and smiles again. He only can shook his head and contently smiled.

“I want that,” She keep saying this and that. He tagged along, as long as the ice princess happy.

“I wanna go there,”

“I wanna ride that,”

“I wanna eat there,”  

He chuckles looking at her childish behaviour. She’s smiling non stop while her feet  jumping giddily while he keep taking pictures, making more and more memories. Without they noticed it, their pace becomes more further.

“Krys, do you want ice cream?” He asked her when his eyes caught one of the ice cream stall. He turned at his right but nothing, she’s not there. He's looking around him but still nothing, no signs of her.

“Krys…Krystal..” His eyes start to wandering around looking for a familiar figure. ! Where’s she? He mumbled to no one. His heart speedily racing, a lot of speculations hovering over in his head. This isn’t what he planned before, to lose her at the amusement park in this crowd. He took out his handphone, try to called her but again he cursed. Damn it! His handphone run out of battery. Now, how can he find her? He groaned while ruffled his hair in frust but still walking, looking for her.

Meanwhile, she’s been wandering around, unknowing by her that she already lost from his sight. When she noticed it, he wasn’t there. She’s standing there alone. She doesn’t like this.

“Amm….Amber…” She tried to called his name, but nothing. She look around her, a lot of unknown face, unfamiliar place. She really hate to be leave alone like this mostly  in this crowded place. She try to call him but the number wasn’t available. Her mind start making assumptions. Did he left her? Did he know that she lost? Did he care that she was alone in here? She’s on the verge of tears now.

A sudden grip on her wrist shocking her to death. She turned her body. She feel more than grateful looking at that face.

“Which word of ‘don’t go to far’ that you don’t get it?!!” He looking sternly at her.

“I… I’m sorry,” She’s stuttered. The feels of glad and terrified mixed up in her chest. A single drop try to escaped but she quickly wipe it try not to look weak, she only looks down. He look at her face. He let out a heavy sigh. A sudden hug from him, startled her.

“Don’t do like that again. I thought I lost you,” He said to her softly. Her body that stiffened before, willingly hugged him back. She only nodded. 

After the lost and found session, they back to the excitement of the amusement park. Her smiles back to her face after a cone of mango ice cream.

“Can we ride that?” She asked him while showing at the big rounded wheel, the ferris wheel.

“Errr…Krys,” There's hesistant in his tone.

“Please…please, it won’t take long. Come on,” She’s plead. Before he could say anything, she already  grab his wrist to the ferris wheel. The next minute, they already on that ride, take a sit facing each other. They start moving upwards. His body stiffened in that ride, his palm felt cold and clammy, he tightened his grip on that metal holder of that ride. She take a look at him and giggles.

“Don’t tell me that you’re afraid of height?” She mocking at him.

“I…I’m not..just not really fond with this kind of thing,” He try to said it smoothly but still sound like he’s stuttering. She’s chuckles and take a sit beside him. She hold his hand.

“Don’t look down. Let’s talk,” She said while smiling at him. He look at her back.

“Do you still remember when we first met?”

“Yes, I still remember,”

“It’s almost a year,”

“Huh?” He look at her while furrowed his brows.

“Since the first day we met until now, it’s almost a year. I’m happy,” She gave him, her most sweet smile he had ever seen. He’s stunned for a while, a good distraction from the ride.

“Me too.” He smiling back at her but his eyes never left her. The butterfly in his stomach flapping happily knowing that she remembered their first encountered plus she’s happy with him. This feeling is blissful.

On their way back home, it starts to rain. The rain wasn’t that heavy but still can make them soaking in wet mostly when they got nothing to put on their head. They stopped at a shelter, waiting for the rain to stopped before continue their way back home. She look at the rain that falling down, she extended her hand and feel the dropping rains on her fingers. She smiling of the coldness that wetting her hand. Her eyes caught of something across the street, a park. She make her steps to the park.

“Krys, wait!” He called for her. She turn at him and waved her hand.

“Krys, you can get sick. It’s raining!” He told her with concern. She’s only giggles looking at him while opening her arm feeling the rain that pouring down. He sigh. That ice princess certainly love to play, like a kid. Aissh…now I’ve to get her. He mumbled. He walked to her till they facing each other.

She’s grinning widely at him. Now, both of them drenched in the rain. She hold both of his hand and swaying side to side. He narrowed his eyes toward her and shook his head. She only smile while raising her brows. Then, both of them laughing and snickered, turning around and around leaving all those thought behind. Only here, this time, this space and only them that stay right now, dancing in the rain.