31. Agony

Agony

3. He’s sick

There’s one time when he got a fever and as a nice girlfriend as she want to be, she want to take a good care of him since he’s always with her when she fall sick. So, she went to his house after she got his message that he can’t  pick her up because of the fever. She sent a message to Seohyun to borrowed her notes since she’ll skip the school today because the stupid llama had a fever. She met Taeng when she wanted to entered the house.

“Hi, Krys,” Taeng greet her.

“Hi, oppa,” She greet him back.

“What’re you doing here? Don’t you have school today?” Taeng asked her.

“Yeah but Amber is sick so I thought I want to be with him today,”

“Oh, yeah right. He told me last night when I went to his house but actually, you don’t have to worry too much,” Taeng told her. She make a questioning face.

“Amber is a sleeper. When he’s sick, he sleep for the whole day  and only get up when he need to take the medicine. He’s easy to be care. Besides umma can take a look at him,” Taeng explained to her.  

 “Oh, really. It’s ok. I can take care of him today,”

“Well, ok then. I’m going to school now, bye Krys,” Taeng waved his hand. She only smiled at him.

She opened the door and put the porridge and medicine that she bought earlier on the tray. She brought it to his bed. He’s still sleeping, so she wake him up. She shake him lightly. He stirred a bit and slowly opened his eyes.

“Princess? What’re you doing here?” He asked her like seeing her right now is a weird thing. His voice sounds weak and hoarse the cause of the fever.

“I’m taking care of you,”

“Princess, you don’t have to. The schools are more important. Besides, I’m only got a fever, I sleep and then, I’ll be better,” He tried to reasoning with her.

“But I still want to take care of you. I can’t leave you just like that,” She said to him. He gave up, he doesn’t have any energy to fight with her, this fever had weakened his body.

“Fine, but only for today,” He said to her while lying back on his bed. He really wanna do nothing except sleep. But before he could do that, she hold him.

“B, don’t you want to take the medicine first?”

“I already take it,” He said that, then went straight to sleep. She looked at him. Looks like what Taeng said is  true. She covered the porridge and put it on the table. She wet the towel and put it on his forehead. She looked at him again. Did he really  going to sleep for the whole day? She sigh. This is going to be a long day. She staring at the window, ceiling, wall and floor. She looked at the time, it’s only 2 hour since she got here. She tried to play the games in her hand phone but it get boring after 1 hour and a half fighting with the red angry bird.

And now, she’s  back to staring again. Oh gosh, she got nothing to do.The house chores? His house is much more clean than her. She sigh again. Aissh…that stupid llama, does he need that much of sleep? She starts to complained. But he’s sick, of course he’ll be sleeping. The truth is, she want to take care of him just like he take care of her since she knew that she such a fussy when she sick. She want him to cling on her, depend on her or whining that it’s hurt but that stupid llama wasn’t like that. He can take care of himself very well actually. He’s so independent.

Finally, she take a place beside him. She doesn’t know when she fall asleep. Later then, he woke up. It’s already dark outside the house. He look at the time, it’s 7.00 p.m. He had been asleep for the whole day, his body still burning but his headache was lessen after taking the sleep. He want to get up and take a shower but he stopped when he saw a figure that holding his arm tightly.  He shook his head and grin. And you said, you want to take care of me, princess. He muttered. He wonder who’s actually sick right now. He pull his arm slowly, not to disturb the sleeping ice princess.

Half an hour later, she woke up. She saw someone walking in the kitchen.

“B, what’re you doing? You’re sick remember,” She said to him. Her face full of concern and care.

“It just a fever. I’m still capable. I cooked some porridge, I bet you didn’t eat anything yet, right,” She only looking down.

“Princess, if you want to take care of sick person, make sure that you’re healthy and that’s mean don’t skip your meal,” He told her. Those word sounds familiar, he thought. His voice still sound weak and hoarse. On his forehead, there’s a cold patch. She looked at him again when she heard his small cough. She quickly take a glass of water and brought it to him

“I’m sorry. I should be the one who’s cooking, not you,” She’s still staring down, feeling guilty and helpless.

“It’s ok. Besides that  kitchen still need to be use for a long time so no, you don’t have to cook,” He said it nonchalantly with no other meaning but without he noticed it, that word was making a small hole in her heart. She don’t want to take it to her heart but she can’t help it, it stings a little. Her face was crestfallen.

“Yeah, right. I know,” She said it in low tone.

“Princess, you better eat it while it still hot,” He said to her.

“What about you?”

“I’m already ate. I’m just gonna take the medicine,” Then, he take a glass of water and swallow the medicine just like a piece of cake. Later, he went to his bed and lying down. His body still feel weak and hot even the headache had lessen. He hates of feeling sick and weak, let alone to be a burden for someone else. That’s why no matter how sick he is, he still want to do everything by his own. He drifted off to sleep faster than usual even he already been sleeping for the whole day.

She looked at him that already sleep soundly. She sighs. Maybe he really doesn’t need her to take care of him. So, she decided to just went home after leaving a note saying that she’s going home. She didn’t even touch the porridge that he make it for her. She just left.

The next morning, he woke up with nothing in his arm. It doesn’t feel right. Then, he saw the note on his table and the porridge that didn’t look like been touch at all. Everything that happened last night, comes across his mind like a rolling film. Uggh…he think, he’s mess up. He groaned. He should at least show some appreciation to her since she sincerely wanted to take care of him. He doesn’t mean it actually, he just be like how he used to be. He sigh. He take a shower and get ready to school. He feels better now even there’s still some cough and his body still a little bit hot.

She opened her door and she’s shocked.

“B! What’re you doing here?” Her voice a little high this morning.

“Calm down, princess. I’m just picking you up,”

“But you’re still sick,” Her face softened.

“I’m fine. Just a little cough,” She didn’t believe what he said so she put her hand on his forehead.

“Your body still hot,” She said while he looking at her, blinking his eyes couple of times. Knowing that she might said it wrong and he might misinterpret it. She quickly explained it but she can feel that her cheek is burning right now.

“I mean…your body temperature,” He grin a little looking at her flustered face.

“It’s ok. I can endure it till the schools end. Besides I already take the medicine,” He said to her. He grab her hand and start walking before she could protests more.

During the lunchtime, they bought the lunch since he doesn’t feel to cook this morning and sit at their usual place. The weather is fine today, not too hot or cold so, it just nice to sit under the big tree. He still not 100% healthy and been cope inside the class with the noise, smells, and the teachers blabbering really wasn’t helping at all.

“Princess, can I borrow your lap?” He really need to sleep before he back to his class and torturing himself till the schools end..

“Huh?” She look at him but before she could answered it properly, he already lying down with his head on her lap and his face was facing her clothed waist. She’s flabbergasted but she quickly back to her sense.

“B, are you ok?” She asked him.

“Yeah, just need a little sleep,” She didn’t say anything more. She just let him be.

“Princess, I’m sorry,” He said in low voice. Eyes still closed while his face still facing her clothed waist.

“For what, B?”

“For not being a good patient for you,”

“You’re just fine, B. Actually, you’re being too good as a patient. I bet if you had been hospitalized, the nurse would be happy to taking care of you, you doing everything by yourself,”

“But isn’t good for you, right. I’m sorry, princess. I’m just used to it, not to rely on other people,” He said to her.

“It’s ok, I understand. It just I want you to know that, you can rely on me sometimes mostly when you’re sick,” She told him while his hair gently. He feel so comfortable now, that pointy fingers were moving slowly making the butterfly inside of him fluttered. He took one of her hands and giving a peck on it making her blood running to her face and that tangling becomes more and more explicit.

“Thank you, princess. I hold your words, maybe I’ll use it some other times,” He intertwined their fingers.

“And I’ll be more than happy to served you,” She said it sincerely. She means every single words. She keep his hair gently. He push himself closer to her, almost there’s no space  between his face and her clothed waist.

“You smells so good, princess. I like it.” He said it nonchalantly. She doesn’t said anything. She just feels too flutter and overwhelmed. She’s dumbstruck but for a good reason.