21. Agony

Agony

Knock! Knock!

The sound of the door been cracked opened a little, revealing a young man.

“Err…can I come in?” The young man stuttered a little, afraid maybe the patient doesn’t want any company right now. She opened her cover and wipe her staining tears on her cheek. She look at the young man up and down.

“Who’re  you?” She asked him, sound a little hoarse after crying. He smiled at her.

“I’m Taeng. Amber’s friend and also his neighbour. You maybe doesn’t know me but I heard a lot about you from him,” He extended his hand for a shake. She look at it for a while before accepted it. Then, she remembered this Taeng guy.

“Oh, hello Taeng-sshi. He told me about you before but not much,” She smiled at him.

“Oh, please drop the formality. I feel akward. You’re Amber friend, right?” Taeng ask her and she only gave him a bitter smiled. Doesn’t know what to say since after that fight, she doesn’t know whether she’s still his friend or not.

“Amber’s friend is my friends too. You can call me Taeng or Taeng oppa since I’m older than you  even just 1 years older,” Taeng said to him. She smiled at him. This guy is quite interesting. She thought.

“Yes, I’m an interesting  guy. Better than that llama,” He said to her after take a look on how she’s looking at him now. She’s flustered. She's furrowed her brows. Did he read my mind? She mumbled. Taeng only grin. She’s cute, no wonder that llama fall for this ice princess. Taeng thought.

“But Amber wasn’t here,” She told him.

“I know but I’m here to visit a patient and I guess that person is you,” She chuckles a little hearing that from Taeng and nodded.

“I brought some fruits and porridge, also his bag. You can eat it with him. I bet he isn’t going to leave you since he’s been taking care of you from the first day he know you fall sick,”

“Well, I don’t  know now…we just been in a quite unpleasant condition,” She told him. Taeng look at her.

“I saw it Krys and kind of heard about it too,” Said Taeng since he saw Amber came out from the room. He heard it enough to understand and he’s watching it from far but close enough.

“Ooh..” She gave him a bitter smile.

“Please, don’t take it to your heart, Krystal. I don’t think he mean it,” Taeng try to reasoning with her.

“Really, oppa? He look totally furious and mad at me. It doesn’t look like he’s joking at that time,”

“Trust me. I know him since we’re a kid. He really care about you, Krystal,”

“Then, why he suddenly mad at me? I did even know what I’ve done wrong to him,”

“He’s not mad at you. He’s mad of himself,”

“What? Why? I don’t think he’s doing anything wrong,”

“I don’t know the real reason is, only he does. But I know that kind of face of him. The last time I saw it was when his mother’s die,”

“What do you mean?” A lot of question come across her mind.

“His mother die because of leukemia. When he knew about it, it’s already too late. Amber keep blaming himself, he thought if he more aware of his mother condition and brought her to the hospital. She could be saved. Though his mother already told him, it wasn’t his fault and she already knew about it earlier. But till now, that guilt were still there and maybe that’s why he been behaving like that,” Taeng explained to her.

“But it wasn’t his fault,”

“True. It’s just that how he is,” Taeng said while shrugged his shoulder.

“Thanks for telling me this,”

“Hey, it’s ok. It’s nothing actually. Just make up with him, ok. This is just a misunderstanding,” She only smiley nodded at Taeng.

“I’m better get going now. Send my regards to him and get well soon, Krys,” Taeng added.

“Thanks once again Taeng oppa,” She thanked him. Taeng smile at her and bid her goodbye. Now, she’s alone again. Her mind still lingering what Taeng just said to her. She doesn’t know if he’ll come back or not but she still want to meet him. She want to talk. She want to say sorry. This is not what she want for both of them even she already settle down with her feeling.

A few moment later, the door was opened. He look at her and so does she, silence fill up the room.

“I’m sorry,” They said it at the same time. Both of them smile shyly.

“You don’t have to, Amber. It wasn’t your fault,” She said to him.

“But I yelled at you,” He still feel guilty.

“Oh yeah, except for that,” She said it with that innocent face again.

“Yah, you yelled at me too,” She look at him after he said that. She put her index finger on her chin and tapped it lightly likes she’s thinking right now. He only smiled watching at her.

“Emm…you’re right. So, we’re even then,” She said it with a smiley face.

“But I still….” His words been cut off.

“Amber, no one is guilty of me been here. If you want to put the blame, put it on me. I’m the one who hating the stupid med and white witch so much and I’m still hating it,” He chuckles hearing that from the ice princess.

“But I should at least persuade you or force you to be treated,” 

“Yah, I’m the ice princess.The most hard headed girl. How can you force me?” She told him while smirking.

“Oh, now you admit that you’re the ice princess,”

“And you’re stupid. The most stupid llama,”

“See..you’re saying it because you want to cover that. You just admit it, don’t you..don’t you,” He said it with sneaky smile on his face, teasing her.

“Shut up! Stupid llama,” She said to him and try to cover her reddened cheek. She can feel it that she’s blushing right now. She need to get rid of it so she get up from her bed but he hold her wrist.

“Where’re you going?”

“Bathroom. Why? You wanna come?” She glaring at him while saying that sarcastically.

“Can I?” He smile toward her with his most flirty smirk. She’s widen her eyes but still glaring at him. This  stupid llama definitely ask for a hit.

“Dream on!” She smacked on his head. He yelp in pain while rubbed his head.

“Yah! You doesn’t have to hit that hard,” But his voice already been prevented with a loud bang from her that closing the bathroom. He’s back to his seat. Damn it! It’s hurt like hell, that ice princess certainly have a  hand made of metal. He mumbled to no one.

Afterwards, a ringing sound comes from his pocket. This isn’t his ringtone. He thought. He took it out from his pocket. Now, he remembered he brought that ice princess handphone just in case anything happened and keep it in his pocket till now. It’s still ringing. He feel torn whether want to answer it or not but it could be important. Finally, he answered it but before he could say hello, the other line already bombarded him with questions and loudly even he didn’t turn the speaker on.

“YAH! Why you didn’t answer the phone?!!” How terrific the way of the other line greeted him. He thought. 

“Don’t you know how worried am I?!!” Questioning but more to screaming, he think.

“ You really want me to knock on your head, didn’t you?!!” The other line was still screaming at him until he think that he might get an ear problem later.

“Err…hello, this…” Before he could finish it, the other line already cut it off.

“Wait, who’re you?! AND . WHERE . IS . MY . BABY SISTER?!!” More louder this time. Suddenly, it’s dumb brick. He think he can guess who is the other line. The sudden low temperature like he was in North Pole only one person can do that besides the ice princess. The other Jung’s. Jessica, her sister  the snow queen. I’m so in trouble. He thought.