38. Agony

Agony

A month has passed after their first encountered, everything seems back to normal but deep down only they know. Since that, neither him or her care to know about each other but it could be just feigning though no one even dare to ask or care more, just ignore it. The photo shoot for the D’va magazine's cover that became the reason for their first encountered already published and became one of the bestseller for the whole month. Victoria more than pleased for their magazine sales and the profit that they got from the buyers. A lot of people praising how aesthetic the model looks for their cover but of course, no one could deny Krystal’s beauty with her ice princess aura. And a lot more offers for her to become the magazine cover, brands ambassador, advertising models and more upcoming offers.

They just got home from one of the Krystal’s television program recording. It’s almost midnight but they still talked about the next day schedule. Basically, it just Tiffany and Krystal since Kangin already bow out himself to bedroom after the whole day pulling the van everywhere they need to be.

“Krys, you still remember about the next project that I told you before?” Tiffany asked Krystal while her hand moving on her ipad 5 browsing on something.

“Which one?” Krystal asked her back whilst her brain tried tracking some of her memories about what Tiffany just asked her.

“The offer from HeeNim Jewel. They want you to become the ambassador for their new design jewel,” Tiffany reminded her.

“Oh, yeah that one. I’ve told you to accept it, didn’t I?” Krystal looked at her. She took a sit on the couch and massaged slowly her sore feet after wearing the high heel for the whole day.

“Yes, you did. It just that we need to arrange some time to meet them and discuss about the documents, the launch date, and more,” Tiffany explained to her.

“Do you even need to ask me, unni? You handle this better than me,” Krystal said it nonchalantly. Unintended to offend anyone feeling, it just that’s how she usually spoke with them. It could be sounded a little harsh for someone else but for Tiffany that already used to Krystal conducts, doesn’t seems to felt displeased at all.

“Ok, if you said so then I’ll call them tomorrow and set the time,” Tiffany told Krystal. Her hand still on her ipad 5, checking their schedule to find a suitable date for their meeting with the HeeNim Jewel before Krystal’s question stopped her moves.

“Unni, is there any other offer from overseas?” Krystal asked her.

“Again? Krys, we just got back from German a couple days ago,” Tiffany tried to reasoning with her. It wasn’t she hate it if Krystal got some offer or invitation from outside Korea but it just that a couple days ago they came back from German for Krystal’s fan meeting, she just recovered from her jet lag yesterday. Since a few weeks ago, Krystal kept accepting the overseas offers and declined, if it’s mean she need to be in Seoul except if it’s inevitable, it doesn’t matter from any country the offer come from as long as it’s outside Korea. Yes, they used to it but before Krystal will make some range between days before she accepted another offer from other country other than she couldn’t avoided it and certainly, it’s rare for her to reject any offer from Seoul that close with her home. And this isn’t going unaware by Tiffany, she knew something was bothering her.

“I know. I just feel need to be outside for a while,” Krystal told Tiffany.

“Can you please tell me why? I know you didn’t doing this just for sightseeing, Krys,” Tiffany said that to her, sounds suspicious in her tone. Krystal grinned a little when she heard what Tiffany just said, still not answering Tiffany’s question.

“Is this about him?” Finally Tiffany said it, her instinct kept saying that’s the reason.

“You know me too much, unni,” Krystal sighed.

“Krys, you know…..” Krystal cuts Tiffany’s words.

“I know that I can’t forever run away but somehow….here….it’s suffocate,” Krystal let out a heavy sigh. It just like she almost choked in her own words, trying so hard to keep her breath steady. She took a long deep breath before walked upstairs to her bedroom leaving Tiffany alone on the couch. Tiffany put aside her ipad 5 and rubbed her temple. How she wished that all this thing could ended.

While for Amber and Taeng, it just like a windfall or manna from the heaven since after the photo shoot, they got a lot of job. Most of the people kept complimented how artistic the D’va magazine cover looks like, it just like another Picasso was born. The different is only that it was an amazing photo being taken rather than drawing, so many people asking who’s the photographer and that’s how Amber’s name known by peoples.

Just like the other day, they arranged their things after they used it. They just got back to their studio after taking pictures of Jin Kang Suk’s daughter wedding, the CEO of the biggest shipping company. It could also be called as wedding of the year.

“Aah…finally I can sit properly,” Taeng took a sit on the couch while his legs sprawling widely. He heaved a relief.

“Come on, hyung. Isn’t like you didn’t used to it,” Amber snickered at him when he looked at Taeng that completely looks dead-tired.

“You tell me then. I’ve been standing and taking pictures non-stop for almost 3 hours, that silk-stocking daughters keep asking me to take their picture just like that is their wedding,” Taeng huffed in annoyance.

“Well, it’s not like we can say no to them. One wrong move, we might get kicked out from the wedding or worst we might not get any jobs anymore,” Amber told him while his hands busy cleaning his camera.

“Pfft…that rich bastard, always think that money is everything but sadly that’s how world works,” Taeng felt annoyed. Amber only grinned.

“Oh, yes before I forget. We got another job yesterday. They called and I answered them and I already said yes,” Taeng told him.

“You didn’t even bother to ask me first, hyung?” Amber looked at him, quite sharp.

“Err…sorry but the offer is great. It’s from a big company,” Taeng said that to him while smiling sheepishly, half guilt.

“Oh, come on Am. They just want us to take the pictures of their new product. I don’t think there’s going to be any model if that is what you worry about,” Taeng added.

“I doubt that,” Amber glared at him sharply. Taeng pouted and looked down, sulking. The next minute, Amber sighed in defeat. Sometimes he wondered who’s the elders.

“What kind of company?” Amber asked him, a little softened in his tone. Doesn’t want to offended the elder anymore. Taeng quickly looked up at him, a little bright in his eyes.

“They sold jewelry. It’s Hongka…Hijin…Henan..aah, I forgot the company’s name but it’s something like that. They’ll call us to set the date for the first meeting. You know, to discuss about the pay, date, pictures and more,” Taeng told him while scrunching his brows tried remembering something about that company. Amber sighed and shook his head. He knew it, it’s always like this. He already used to it, Taeng is a forgetful. Taeng took a call and when he told him about it, there’s must be something that he forgot like right now, he forgot the company’s name. Fortunately, Taeng always jot down when he got a call, a habit that obviously useful for him.

“I bet you’re going to be senile before 50,” Amber snickered at him.

“Hey, how dare you talk to your hyung like that. It’s not like I’m doing it on purpose. I just forgot. Anyone else can be like that too,” Taeng told him, a little annoyed. Amber chuckles at him.

“Yeah..yeah..hyung but since you answered the call. You deal with them,”

“Yah! Not fair. It’s our job. You just annoyed because I didn’t ask you first before I accept their offer,” Taeng half yelled at him. Amber chuckles more. He really liked to tease his hyung.

“There’s nothing is fair in love and war,” Amber glanced at him for the last time before he stepped out from the studio. Taeng still can heard his laughs outside the studio. Taeng huff his cheek while muttered something under his breath. He really not a very fond of dealing with the big company  mostly when it’s about document and payment. He rather just take the pictures, get his pay and leave. ‘Aissh…that little punk. How dare he ask me to do this and what’s love and war got something to do with this’. Taeng’s perplexed.

The following day, Krystal went to her company, Kim Entertainment. She went straight to the studio to discuss with the composer about her new song. Tiffany stayed at the corner outside the studio on one of the wooden chairs, browsing her ipad 5, checking, arranging and scheduling while she can. Then, Tiffany heard some steps coming, she looked up from her ipad 5. She quickly got up from her seat and bow a little toward a guy in front of her.

“Good morning, Mr.Kim,” Tiffany said politely to him.

“Oh, good morning to you too, Tiffany,” The guy that nicely wrapped in his grey Calvin Klein suit greeted her back.

“It’s been a long time since the last time I met you, Mr. CEO,” Tiffany grinned while saying that to him. Yes, the guy in front of him right now was none other than Kim Jong Hyun, the CEO of Kim Entertainment.

“Yeah, I finally back to Seoul last night. Got some deal needs to be done. Luckily, I’ve Key to handle some things here,” Jong Hyun told her and how grateful he is to have a capable PA like Key.

“And I guess you got the deal,” Tiffany said that to him.

“Well, no one could resist my charm,” Tiffany tittered a little after hearing what Jong Hyun just said. She likes his personality that friendly, easy-going, and decent with everyone even with his workers. It’s hard to get that such kind of CEO that isn’t snobbish and bragged about his money or power. They can be considered lucky to have Jong Hyun as their CEO.

 “What about you? What’re you doing here?” He asked her.

“I’m waiting for Krystal. We stop by here for a while before we go for our next schedule,” Tiffany explained to him.

“Oh, she’s here too? You must been busy nowadays,” Jong Hyun replied her back.

“Yeah, she’s in the studio. Just like you Mr. Kim, no one also can resist our ice princess aura,” Tiffany told her. He’s grinned at her.

“I can guarantee that. I’m going to say hi to her. It’s nice to meet you, Tiffany,” Jong Hyun told her before his back was invisible from Tiffany’s eyes. Tiffany back to her ipad 5 continued her work.   

Whilst in the studio, Krystal was talking with the composer before the composer excused himself to get some water. Then, she heard someone knocked on the door. She turned her face and smiling, greeting him.

“I heard it, nice song,” He complimented.

“Well, it’s still need to be fix a little bit here and there and I still need to practice more to make it better,” Krystal told him.

“I’m sure that it’s going to be one of the hits song of the year,” He still complimented while smiling genuinely at her.

“I hope so too, Mr. Kim,” She said that to him while smiling back to him.

“You know I much more prefer if you call me just by my name,” He told her while looking directly at her face. Krystal bit her lower lip. She didn’t expect this, she thought he already forgot it because it’s already been 2 years since he confessed his feeling toward her.

“Mr. Kim, I’m sorry once again but my answer still the same and I hope….” Krystal said apologetically but Jong Hyun cuts Krystal before she could finish her words.

“I know…I know…you want to keep our relationship in a professional and I respect it but that doesn’t mean I’m going to give up. I’m hard headed man, you know,” Jong Hyun told her. He’s faking a serious face while raised one of his brows. Krystal chuckle a little. She thought it was funny.

“Looks like I can’t stop you if you insist it,” Krystal sighed but still kept smiling.

“Nope, you never can. Besides who knows, I might melt the heart of the ice princess if I keep trying,” Jong Hyun told her with full of determination. This time he was serious, Krystal clearly can see that. Krystal looked down, she doesn’t know how to replied to this other than keep avoided it.

“I…I better get going. Got another schedule to attend,” She told him to excuse herself. Krystal turned her body from him but before she could step further, he grabbed her wrist gently though his grip was quite strong. Krystal looked at him and his hand that still held her wrist suspiciously, if she wasn’t thinking that the guy in front of her is her CEO, she might slap him now for touching her without her consent. Jong Hyun grinned when he looked at Krystal’s serious face, it’s intimidating. No wonder she got the ice princess title. He thought.

“Don’t worry. I won’t do anything, I just want to give you this,” Jong Hyun told her while he took out something from his pocket. A simple gold bracelet with a single small Eiffel tower hanging on it. He let go of her wrist when he’s done put it on her wrist. Krystal was speechless, her lips slightly opened, doesn’t know what to say. She’s half surprised and half glad, didn’t expected to get this. She gave him a genuine smile.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9uzY-z_3l6B0CiVsNVz2 : Picture credit to the owner.

“You know, you don’t have to give me this,” She told him after sighed a little.

“But still, I insist it and I’ll not take it back. I bought it specially for you so it’s yours whether you want to wear it or throw it away,” Jong Hyun said that to her.  

“Thanks. It’s beautiful but why Eiffel tower?” Krystal looked at him strangely after she looked at the bracelet closely.

“Yeah, I just got back from there so I thought it would be a nice gift for you,” Jong Hyun explained to her.

“It is, I appreciate it. Thanks once again,”

“Glad you like it,” Jong Hyun smiling at her, a little relief that she like the present.

“I have to go now. See you soon,” Krystal bid him a goodbye with a smile on her face before she stepped out from the studio.

“Yeah, you too, Krys,” He told her while grinning. ‘I’ll never give up. You’ll be mine soon, Krytsal’. He mumbled to himself.

Krystal and Tiffany went directly to the van, where Kangin was waiting for them. They stepped inside the van and Kangin started the engine but before they started moving, Kangin turned his back from them and his eyes caught something shining with a little orange and yellow in colour. Then, he grinned.

“Looks like someone got a gift today,” Kangin told them. Both of the girls looked at him, confused. Kangin only make an eye sign toward Krystal’s hand. Tiffany looked at it.

“Omo! Krys, it’s so pretty. When you got this?” Tiffany asked her while her eyes still locked on the bracelet that Krystal’s wearing.

“Errm…before we got here,” Krystal stuttered a little.

“Actually, I think the real question is who not when,” Kangin looked at her suspiciously. His gaze wasn’t leaving her face.

“Yeah, who give this to you, Krys? I mean you can’t possibly bought it when you’re still in the studio, right,” Now, Tiffany was questioning her. Krystal sighed, there’s no point of lie since it’s clearly can be told that someone gave it to her.

“Mr. Kim gave it to me. And no, it’s nothing ok. It just a gift that he bought when he went abroad,” Krystal  explained to them though there’s a slight lie in that but she couldn’t care more.

“Oh, yes, I’m certainly sure that’s nothing when he bought you silk after he went to China or when he bought you a purse after he went to Europe or when he bought you a pair of stiletto after he went to London and now this, a gold bracelet. It’s absolutely nothing, Krys,” Kangin told her sarcastically.

“Oppaa….” Krystal looked at him, giving him a look that showed don’t-say-anything-ridiculous. Kangin only shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, when Kangin oppa said that, it looks like Mr. Kim is quite fond of you, Krys,” Tiffany told her.

“Fond? It’s obviously clear that he likes her,” Kangin said it quite loud this time.

“Oppa, still there’s absolutely nothing between me and Mr. Kim,” Krystal told them as a matter of fact.

“Krys, if it’s true, don’t you think that maybe….even just a slightest that….you can move on? I think he’s a nice guy,” Tiffany asked her gently, tried not to offend her feeling while held Krystal’s hand. Krystal looked at her, deeply in eyes.

“I agree with Tiffany, I mean maybe he could help you to get over the past. Besides, you didn’t lose anything if you try, he got looks, money, and power. Everything that a girl wants from a guy,” Kangin added. Krystal looked at both of them. She knew they meant good and only want the best for her. She gave them her honest-to-goodness smile, there’s no word to be said. They took it as a cue that maybe she’ll give it a thought. Kangin started driving the van and Tiffany back to her ipad 5. Krystal looked outside the van while her hands caress the gift on her wrist. ‘Should she give him a chance?’ a question that kept playing inside her mind but then, her eyes caught on something familiar. They just pass by an amusement park. Without she realized it, her hand moved itself to where her heart is. ‘But what if she get hurt again?’ another question popped out inside her mind. It kept puzzling her.   

A week after that, Tiffany went to the HeeNim Jewel to discuss about their new project together. She went to the CEO office after the secretary let her in. She knocked on the door and a guy that sit behind the big mahogany table, get up and smiled at her. He asked her to come in. Tiffany looked at the hot looking guy in front of her that wearing a nice Kenneth Cole suit and smiled back at him. ‘Why must all of the CEO have a nice looks?” She thought for a while.

“Tiffany-shi, right?” He asked her and extended his hand. She shook his hand while nodded.

“I’m Kim Hee Chul. Krystal didn’t come with you?” He asked her.

“I’m sorry Hee Chul-shi but she got another schedule that she can’t avoid it at the last minute. So, I’ll be representing her and she already told me that she’ll agree everything that we decide on this,” Tiffany told him apologetically for Krystal absent.

“Well, there’s nothing we can do about that, isn’t it. So, let’s get start it,” He told her. Later, they started discuss about the agreement, launch date, place, concept and many more.

 “I think it’s a win-win situation. We can use this concept to launch my new products which is the Greek Myth while Krystal got a chance to publicize her new song,” He told her.

“Yeah, I think so too,” She said that, agreeing with him.

“That’s mean we already agree to use this concept. Let’s proceed to the agreement now,” He told her. She nodded and tagged along since it’s a good cooperation and benefited for both of them.

While inside the other office, there’s a guy was discussing something with the general manager of the company.

“We want you to take our new product pictures that we called the Greek Myth to be put in our own HeeNim Jewel’s magazine and also our website. It doesn’t matter how you’re going to take it as long as it looks good,” The general manager explained to him. He only nodded, showing that he understand what he just said.

“We’ll transfer the advance payment into your account and the balance after the jobs done. We’ll give you a call after we set the date for the launch event. Any other question?,” The general manager asked him.

“No, I think you already explain enough. We’ll be waiting for your call,” He told him while got up from his seat. The other guy did the same.

“Ok then. It’s nice to work with you, Taeng-shi,” The general manager said to him while shook his hand.

“You too, Hangeng-shi. I’ll take my leave now,” Taeng excused himself and stepped out from the big office. He walked out from the building but suddenly his eyes caught a familiar figure, a few steps in front of him. He called her.

“Fany!” Tiffany turned toward the voice then she smiled when she looked at the person that been calling her name.

“What’re you doing here?” He asked her.

“Got a new project for Krystal with this company,” Tiffany told him while gestured her hand toward the building behind them. Taeng only make an ‘o’ sound. Tiffany tittered.

“What about you?” Tiffany asked him back.

“I met the general manager. They want us to be their photographer for their next new product launch event,” Taeng told her while smiling. Tiffany’s face suddenly change.

“Don’t tell me that’s the Greek Myth?” Tiffany looked at him directly.

“Yeah but how did you know about that?” Taeng looked at her strangely. Tiffany sighed and face palm herself.

“Because Krystal is their new brands ambassador for the Greek Myth. She’s going to be the model for the new product,” Tiffany told him. Now, Taeng was the one in shocked.

“Woa…that’s so abysmal,” Taeng blurred that out.

“Tell me about it,” Tiffany sighed again.

“That’s mean they’re going to meet each other again,” Taeng told her as a matter of fact.

“Precisely,” Tiffany said that to him without hesitant.

“Oh, my….what we’re gonna do now,” Taeng asked her, anxious filing up inside of him.

“Nothing, there’s no turning back now. I already accept the agreement. We can’t cancel it,”

“Yeah, so do we. They already paid the advance,” Taeng replied back to her.

“But I think it’s better if we tell them. At least, they can prepare themselves for anything. Don’t you think so?” Tiffany looked at him.

“Yeah, I think you’re right. That’s the least that we can do,” Taeng agreed with her before both of them bid a goodbye and back on their own way.

When Taeng got back to studio, he kept thinking on how he going to tell Amber about that. He certainly going to be dead meat since he already told him before that there’s no model involved. His train of thought been cut off when he heard Amber stepped inside the studio.

“Hi, hyung. How’s the deal?” Amber greeted him.

“Emm…good, I think,” He answered him half hearted. His eyes wandering around.

“Hyung, are you ok? Your face doesn’t look so good,” Amber asked him.

“Am, do you still remember that I told you there’s no model in our new job?” Taeng asked him back. Amber only replied to him by hummed.

“Well, there’s model,”

“I told you before, right. But wait, is this the reason why your face looks awful?” Amber asked him, suspiciously. Taeng only nodded. He took a deep breath and shut his eyes while saying it quickly.

“OneofthemodelisKrystal,” That’s it, he finally said it. He doesn’t know whether Amber understand it or not. He even doesn’t know what’s his expression since he still didn’t open his eyes after he said that. He kept waiting for Amber to say anything but only silence and after a while he heard the studio’s door been open and closed. He opened his eyes and looked around, there’s no sign of Amber. Meaning Amber already went out when he heard the studio’s door been open. Perhaps another walk again, he thought. Taeng sighed and ruffled his hair. He thought he messed it up this time.

At the same time, Tiffany just got home after she bumped to Taeng at the HeeNim Jewel’s company. She’s in the kitchen with Kangin.

“So, you mean that he’s going to be at there too?” Kangin asked her after she told him everything that happened at the HeeNim Jewel’s company.

“Yes,oppa. It looks like that since he’s been paid by the company to be their personal photographer for their new product,” Kangin only can nodded when he heard what she just said.

“I think I want to tell her about this but I don’t know how. It seems hard, oppa,” Tiffany told him.

“But it’s better if she know about it now,” Kangin tried to reasoning with her.

“Yes, oppa, I know. It just that I think I need to find a good time and nice word to tell her that Amber going to be there. So, at least I hope maybe she’ll not hurt that much,” Tiffany told him. Their conversation been interrupted by Krystal. She’s been standing behind the wall near the kitchen and heard everything that they talked about.

“You don’t have too, unni. I’ll be fine even if you tell me right now,” Krystal told them. Both of them, Kangin and Tiffany were surprised and looked at each other, speechless. Krystal opened the fridge and stopped for a while.

“I guess I have to get used to it. Somehow our path will cross each other eventually,” She didn’t look at them when she said that. Krystal just took one of the can of juice, closed the fridge and went upstairs leaving those two in the kitchen.

“It looks like she took it pretty well,” Kangin broke the silence. Tiffany only sighed and lean her body at the wall behind her. She only hope that everything going to be fine or leastways, less hurt.