14. Agony

Agony

The next morning, she went to school early than usual. She didn’t wait for him. It’s not she want to avoid him, she just want a little space from him. Only that, space.

During the lunchtime, he went to her class. He wait for her since he didn’t have a chance to meet her this morning. He also want to ask her why she didn’t wait for him and walk to school together. He try to take a peek in her class from the door, looking for a familiar figure but nothing, he can’t see her anywhere.

“Amber,” A soft voice calling for him. He turn toward the voice.

“Oh, hi Seohyun,” He greet her while rubbing his neck.

“Are you looking for Krystal?”

“Yeah. Do you know where is she?”

“She went to the washroom. She will be back  in a moment,”

“Oh, thanks Seohyun. Hey how’s your foot?” He ask Seohyun since she told him about Seohyun hurt her foot.

“My foot?” Seohyun looking confused.

“Yeah, Krystal said that……..” Before he can finish his words, there’s a loud voice calling for her name.

“Seohyun-ah!!” She came rushed to both of them. She pull Seohyun facing her and grab her shoulder.

“Krystal?” Seohyun ask her because how’s she behaved right now is a little bit weird.

“You said, you want to go to library. Didn’t you?”

“Library?” Now, Seohyun is more confused than ever. As long as she can remember, she never said that to her, not today at least. But looking from Krystal face, she look likes she want to give her some signal or something like that. Seohyun look at her and him.    

“Yeah,library. I think. I better go now, see you,” Seohyun waved and leaving both of them alone. She heaved a sigh of relief. Oh, that was so close. She mumbled.

“Krystal?”

“Oh, hey Amber. What’re you doing here?”

“Why? Can’t I come to your class? Are you cheating on me?” He said while narrowing his eyes.

“Huh?” She looking confused. What did he mean by that? She asking herself. He pat her shoulder.

“Hey, don’t be too shocked. I’m just joking,” He chuckles looking at her shocking face. She only can grin a little but still dumbfounded.

“Besides, if you want to cheat, you’ll cheating on your boyfriend not me,” He added, still chuckling at her. Without knowing that someone might hurt.

“Yeah, that’s right. I won’t cheat on you,” She try to act cool. Oh, Amber….why did you have to raise about that matter? She sigh.

“I came because I’m worried. You didn’t wait for me this morning. Is there another stalker?” He ask her with concern.

“No..no such thing. It’s just I have something to do early this morning. Sorry, I forgot to tell you,”

“Oh, that’s ok then. Did you eat yet?” He ask her since it’s lunchtime. She shook her head.

“So, shall we?” He ask her to follow him. She nodded. Both of them having their lunch together, likes usual, nothing happened. Even the truth is she’s the only one who pretend nothing happened, the other doesn’t have any clues at all.

After lunch, they back to their own class. Seohyun sit beside her.

“Care to explain?” Seohyun ask her.

“About?” She ask her back, try to understand Seohyun’s question.

“About what happened during lunch?”

“Oh…yeah about that. I’m sorry,” Now she understand.

“For what?” Seohyun puzzling since she said sorry to her.

“I used your name as an excuse to ask Amber to come with me for a movie,” She answer her.

“But why? I need the whole story, Krystal. The teacher won’t come in, they got a big meeting so you’ll have my full attention,” Seohyun said a little demand. She want to know why Krystal been doing this. The next minute she know , she already told her everything that happened last night. It feels good to share with someone, just like a big rock has been lifted from her shoulder.

“Ooh…Krystal…” Seohyun pull her into a big hug. She reply back to her hug. This is what she needs now. Seohyun sympathized her. A sudden guilt fill in Seohyun’s heart.

“I’m so sorry, Krys. I should never ask you do that. Maybe this thing wouldn’t happened if I didn’t ask you to do it. I thought he feel the same. I’m so sorry,” Seohyun plead to her. She felt guilty.

“Hey, it’s ok. It wasn’t your fault, no need to say sorry. Stop blaming yourself,” She try to coax Seohyun.

“But it’s hurt isn’t it?” Seohyun ask her, they facing each other. Her eyes showing that she’s the one who should be blame for everything that happened.

“It would be a lie if I say no but I’m ok now. Don’t worry. Please stop feeling guilty Seohyun-ah. I know you’re blaming yourself now,” She look at her eyes, try to coaxing Seohyun.

“But…”

“Told you, it’s ok. Besides, is better now than before I fallen too hard for him,” She sigh. Seohyun look at her deeply and hold her hand tight try to give some strength to her.

“At least, I still have my friendship with him. It’s enough for me,” She look at her back. She smiles at her, try to assured her that she’s fine.

Before the last bell rang, she send a message to him. Just a simple message.

To : stupid llama

Dn’t wait for  me.

Got somethng to do.

From : ice princess

She doesn’t even wait for his replied before she put her handphone  into her blazer’s pocket. She doesn’t want him to wait for her. She want to be alone. Alone from him for a while. She take her handphone when she feel the vibrate, one new message.

To : ice princess

Ok, be careful.

Dn’t get home too late.

Take care, Krystal.

From : stupid llama

Why did you have to be so nice? Why did you care to much? You're not making this thing easy for me, llama. Friend? She sighed hard. Yes, that’s the answer. She’s his friend. Without wasting more time, she start walking. She want to take a long walk today, she’ll take the long route from school to her house than the usual route. She keep walking till she sit on one of the bench at the park. She watch the passers-by, the trees, the playground. She take a deep breath, try to clear her mind, calming her heart. At this moment, she really miss her sister. Jessica always know how to sedate her. Jessica know her better. She share so many things with her. Even they live far away from each other, they still keep in touch just lately, she barely had time to talk with her but she know, her sister is busy with studying, exam, assignment. Been in boarding school, wasn’t easy. Every single day is a competition to be the best.   

She unlocked her handphone. She look for her sister’s number. She staring at the number. She felt torn whether want to call her or not. Yes, she miss her, she want to talk with her but she doesn’t want to disturb her or bothering her because of a stupid matters like this. That’s what she thought. Suddenly her handphone rang. She look at the ID caller. She shocked. She pick up the call.

“Hello, Krys?” The other line greet her.

“Unni…” She call her but she can feel that she’s trembling now.

“Krys, babysis are you ok?” Just like she predict, Jessica always know like she can feel that her sister is needing her now.

“Unni…I miss you…miss you a lot…too…much..” Her trembling voice can’t be hide anymore. She’s shaking. Her tears flowing hard like a pouring rain.

“Hey, it’s ok….syyh..it’s ok, baby. I miss you too. You can  tell me everything,” Listen to her sister right now makes her sobbing more. She didn’t know that she hurt this much. Before, she thought she’ll be fine. A mixture of feeling been rejected and longing for her sister really take a toll on her.

“Syyh…it’s ok. Take your time,” Jessica added. She can hear her cries, sobbing. She want to hug her, want to give her as much as comfort that her sister need right now but the distance, it’s too far.

“But still you need to tell me everything. I know something just happened before I take the first flight to Seoul and knock on your head tomorrow,” Jessica try to cheer up their conversation but still  serious, she’ll do that if her sister really hiding something from her. She chuckles listened to what Jessica just said.

“Oooh…uunnii.. I don’t want you missed the school,”

“School can wait but not you, you’re my baby sister. What if something bad happened likes hurricane hit the Seoul? A big flood crush on your house? And that’s why you’re crying now,” Jessica been serious. She laugh at her sister, what she just said is totally absurd.

“Unni..you’ve  exaggerated again and I’m not baby anymore,”

“At least, you’re smiling right now. Am I right? And you always will be my baby sister, no matter what,”

“Yes, thanks unni. I’m ok now,”

“Nope, you’re not until you tell me the reason why you’re crying. I don’t think it’s only because you’re miss me,” She’s right. Jessica know her better.

“Arasso… I’ll tell you but it’s nothing much, really. It just a small matter,”

“Small or big, if it’s had something to do with you. It’s a matter to me,” Jessica told her in much calmer tone. She told her the whole story from the first day she met him till she been rejected.

“Unni, I’m stupid. Didn’t I? Crying hard just because been rejected,” She ask her after she told her everything. She kind of feel like that since she cry for a something so simple. That’s what she thought.

“Krys, baby it’s stupid. But we’re still too young, that’s what we do. Teens always do stupid thing. At the same time, that’s how we learn. We learn from our stupid mistake,” She stunned for a while after she heard what her sister just said.

“Woa…unni..you really didn’t go to school for nothing,”

“What can I say? I’m genius since born,”

“You’re so full of yourself, unni,” She mocking at her sister.

“And you’re the ice princess,” Jessica mocked her back.

“You’re the snow queen,” She said to Jessica sarcastically.

“Don’t care. We’re the Jung’s sister.” Both of them laugh. No one going to denied that. Afterwards, that conversation makes her feel better. A lot better for tomorrrow.