48. Agony

Agony

 “Tell me Tiffany-shi. What pregnant and what baby that you talked about?” Amber demanded answer from them. Tiffany and Taeng looked at each other, nervousness all over their face.

“Answer me!” Amber patience was on the edge when neither both of them saying anything to him. Taeng held Tiffany’s hand, tried to give her some calmness.

“He already heard it, Fany,” Taeng told her while giving her a look that there’s no point of hide it anymore. Tiffany sighed. This wasn’t how she wanted Amber to know about this but looks like there’s no turning back either.

“Krystal pregnant. It’s yours,” Tiffant told Amber the truth that had been kept from him from the first day of Krystal’s pregnancy. Amber stumbled back. He just got a bolt from the blue. The news was a big shock for him to comprehend.

“Are you sure?” Amber asked her.

“Amber, I know every single man that had enter her life and you’re the only one that had gone that far. Besides, she's the one who confirmed it. She full aware of who's impregnated her,” Tiffany answered him.

“Then why no one ever think to tell me about it?” Amber looked at them. Disappointed and angered was clearly can be seen on his face.

“Amber, you know how she feel about you, how she loathe you. Do you really think that she want you to know about this?” Tiffany said that to him. She didn’t mean to hurt his feeling, she only want to state the truth.

“But I’m the father. I deserve to know,” Amber protested it.

“I know but Krystal didn’t think like that. She doesn’t even want to keep it at first but now, she had to,” Tiffany spat out another truth toward him. Taeng only be the observant, watching both of them continued their tense conversation.

“You mean she want to abort it?” Amber questioned her, surprised and upset was clearly can be seen on his face. Tiffany sighed and turned her gaze from Amber.

“And what do you mean she have to keep it?” Amber added.

“I think it’s better if you know the whole story from her. I’m in no position to tell you that. I already blurted out to you the biggest secret, Amber,” Tiffany told him.

“You’re the one who told me that she loathed me, Tiffany-shi. What make you think that she’ll tell me everything? I bet if I didn’t accidentally hear it before, I’ll never know anything about this pregnancy,” Amber gritted his teeth tried to suppress his anger. He hates it when everyone still trying to kept him in dark. Tiffany sigh, she doesn’t know what to say anymore. The felt of sorry, pity, and guilt were mixed in her now.

“Am…” Taeng called him, tried to talk with him and calmed him down.

“No, hyung. Don’t,” Amber stated to him. Taeng stopped his trial.

“I need to be alone,” Amber told them and walked out from Taeng’s ward leaving the other two behind. Tiffany slumped down on the chair beside Taeng’s bed. She sighed again.

“I hope everything will be better,” Tiffany told Taeng. Taeng smiled at her.

“’Don’t worry, it’ll be. Maybe this is what they need,” Taeng assured her.

“Huh?” Tiffany looked at him puzzling.

“Who knows maybe this pregnancy thing will help them get back together again,” Taeng told her, likes giving an answer to her puzzling look.

“You wish them to get back together?” Tiffany asked him.

“Fany-ah, both of us knew how much they have to suffer when they break up. It’ll be better if they make up,” Taeng said that to her and Tiffany hardly can find any reason to denied it.

“I hope so, Tae,” Only that Tiffany could say.

After Amber left Seoul Hospital, he drove to no one know where is. The only thing he knew right now is that he needs time and space to think about what just happened earlier. He needs to clarify some of the things to clear up this messed up occurrence. He just kept driving until he pulled the brake and stepped out from his car. He took a couple steps forward and stopped his track in front of a bar. He walked into the bar and ordered the gin but his mind wasn’t in the bar, it kept floating around on what he’s going to do about this. The gin still kept untouched. Amber only spacing out.

“Got some trouble, sir?” A friendly voice asked Amber. He looked at the bartender with a nametag ‘Donghae’ on his chest.

“Yeah, sort of,” Amber smiled bitterly at the bartender.

“Money? Work? Love?” The bartender asked him.

“Love, maybe. I don’t know. It just complicated,” Amber told the bartender. He doesn’t know why he told a stranger about that but maybe he just need to let it out a bit.

“Care to share, sir?” The bartender asked him again. Amber looked at him suspiciously.

“I used to meet different people with tons of problem every day. Every single day, there always at least one person that looks like you, sitting in the bar alone and spacing out. Don’t misunderstand me sir, I’m just try to be a listener. People say that it could lessen your stress if you share your problem,” The bartender explained to him with a smile on his face. Amber thought for a while.

“Donghae, right?” Amber asked the bartender.

“Yes, sir,”

“Just call me Amber. Can I ask you a question?” Amber asked him and the bartender only nodded.

“What will you do if you have to leave your girl if you want to keep her sound and safe?” Amber doesn’t know why he asked the bartender that kind of question but he thought, it would be nice if he got other opinion.

“What about you? What will you do?” Donghae, the bartender asked him back.

“I love her, too much actually. I couldn’t take the risk. I rather to lose her from my arm than lose her for eternally,” Amber answered him. His face showed that he was hurt and in so much pain. The bartender felt sympathised toward the guy in front of him. He can see from his eyes that this guy was longing for his beloved one.

“But is it worth it?” The bartender asked him but Amber only looked at him.

“After you left her, are you happy?” Donghae asked him again. Amber shook his head. If happy is another word for agony then the answer is yes, he is happy but if it’s not then he only could say that he just continued his life without light, in the dark though the sun always rise up everyday.

“What about her, is she happy?”

“I don’t know. Her life seems well but when I met her last time, her eyes wasn’t bright likes before. It just blank and cold,” Amber told him.

“Amber, for me relationship is always consist of two people, two life, and two heart. Any decision that need to be make, needs both of concurrence. What you decide on, maybe she doesn’t agree with it and what she decided on, maybe you didn’t like it. Just like what you did before, I’m not saying that it’s wrong because from what I can see that you’re a good guy and you willing to sacrifice anything for her but it could be better. Maybe if you talk to her, you didn’t have to leave her. Perhaps you still will be happy together with her now and neither both of you needs to suffer. Yes, it’s risky but hey, we never will learn to get up if we didn’t fall first, right?” The bartender explained to him. It makes Amber giving it a long and deep thought.     

“You right, she’ll live in a good life but what’s the point if neither of you are happy. It’ll only be pointless and meaningless. I’m just giving out my opinion. This is your life we talking about, only you can decide what you’re gonna do with it, don’t let anyone make the decision for you,” Donghae added. Everything that Donghae said was makes sense. Something that Amber should considered it way long before but nothing could change now, what’s done already done. But maybe he could do something different now, maybe he could mend the broken heart, maybe he could clear up this mess up circumstance. And maybe, just maybe only for this time he’ll do anything that his heart wanted to. While Amber was in his train of thought, his hand phone rang. Taeng had called him.

“Hello, hyung,” Amber pick up the call.

“Hey, Am. I just wanna tell you that I can go home today. You don’t have to pick me up, I’ll ask Tiffany to send me home,” Taeng told him.

“No, you don’t have to. I’ll come and pick you up, hyung,”

“It’s fine, Am. I know you need time for yourself,” Taeng assured him.

“I want to, hyung and I’m sorry for what happened earlier. I shouldn’t behave like that, neither of you are guilty. Besides, I need to talk to Tiffany. Is she still there with you?” Amber asked Taeng.

“If you said so then, I’m fine with it. Yes, Tiffany still here with me. You can meet her if you want to,” Taeng said that to him before he hung up the call. Amber back to the bartender after he put back his hand phone into his pocket.

“Hey, Donghae. Thanks for the nice talk. It’s really makes me realise of something that I should do way long before,” Amber thanked him for willing to share his thought with him.

“Well, I’m more than glad to help you,”

“Are you sure you’re just a bartender? The way you talk just like a therapist or psychologist. It’s seriously a nice one,” Amber complimented him. Donghae chuckled.

“I’m 100% sure about that. What I told you before were just from my own experience and some of it were from this bar’s customer that willing to share a part of their life story with me,”

“I’m glad that I share it with you. Well, I need to take my leave now. Thanks once again, Donghae,” Amber bid him a goodbye.

“Anytime, Amber,” The last word from the bartender toward him before he leaved the bar.

Amber really gave a nice thought from what Donghae, the bartender told him. He really needs to change this and for the first time in these four years, he doesn’t care what’s going to happened next. He just wanted to follow his heart. He will take the risk. Amber drove his car back to the Seoul Hospital and went straight to Taeng’s ward.

“Err…hey,” Amber entered Taeng’s ward. He greeted both of them and they smiled back at him.

“I’ll get change and start packing,” Taeng told both of them before he went to the washroom to change from his patient gown to his usual clothing. Now, it’s only Tiffany and Amber in the ward. The air that surrounding them a little awkward after their tense conversation earlier.

“Ermm…I want to say sorry about this morning. I shouldn’t behave like that. It wasn’t your fault,” Amber apologised to her. Tiffany smiled at him.

“It’s ok. I understand, it’s a big shock for you,” Tiffany accepted his apology. Amber flashed his apologetic smile at her.

“Tiffany-shi…”

“Drop the formality, Amber. You can call my name or noona since I’m the same age with Taeng,” Tiffany said that to him tried to lessen the awkwardness between them. Amber smile sheepishly at her while rubbed behind his neck.

“Emm…ok, noona. I want to know how is she?” Amber asked her. Tiffany already can guess who Amber mean is.

“She’s ok and the baby too though it’s already two times she had been to hospitalised and almost lose it,” Tiffany answered him.

“Two times? Why?” Amber’s face change to anxious and worried.

“Everything that happened already took a toll in her body. It’s stress her out. And the morning sickness isn’t helping at all,”

“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. She shouldn’t face this,” Amber’s face turned to crestfallen. Guilt crept up all over his chest and it started to suffocate him.

“Well, I won’t deny that a part of it was your fault since you also involve in making the baby,” Tiffany tried to cheer up the situation a bit. Amber grinned a little.

“But don’t worry, the baby is a fighter. Even the doctor said so. Though two times she almost had miscarriage, the baby still with her,” Tiffany assured him. There some tangling sensation in his stomach when Tiffany mentioned about the baby, a small version of him and her. Amber didn’t know why or what kind of feeling was that but it does feel good.

“Noona, I want to make it right. I want to take care of her and the baby,” Amber looked at her with full of determination. Tiffany smiled widely after she heard what he told her.

“I’m happy that you decided to do this and be responsible for them but you know, you have to overcome how she feels about you first. It’s not going to be easy Amber, her hatred toward you are tremendously big,”

“I know. I won’t blame her,” Amber sighed after he said that.

“She already been through a lot, Am. I hope you really meant it this time and please, don’t broke her heart anymore,” Tiffany half plead at him. She really hoped their relationship will work this time.

“I won’t, noona. I promise. But I need your help. I don’t know how to start it,” Amber let out his worry on how to clear up the mess that already four years tangled up in his life.

“You can start with cooking food for her and we’ll take it slow from there,” Tiffany told him. Amber furrowed his brows at her, looking puzzled with what she just said. Tiffany chuckled when she looked at his expression.

“Krystal’s morning sickness didn’t allow her to take any food except your cooking,” Tiffany told her.

“Really? But how?” Amber looked at her, confusion clearly can be seen.

“I took it from Taeng,”

“So that’s why hyung had asked me to cook more,” Something clicked in his head when he remembered Taeng had asked him to cook more than usual. Amber did felt strange when Taeng asked that but Taeng only brushed it off by saying that he ate a lot recently.

“Yeah, looks like the baby knew his/her father cooking,” What Tiffany told him making Amber grinned widely, feeling proud.

The next day, Sooyoung decided to do the last check-up before she could discharge Krystal from her ward. Today they’re going to do the first ultrasound to check on the baby inside her though Krystal didn’t show any expression or felt excited about the ultrasound. Krystal only felt more than happy to going home. She already felt so boring been coped up in this four white wall. The only thing that could make her happy was she can eat nowadays without the urge to throwing up as long as the food was from the shop that Tiffany usually bought.

“Krystal, I want you to lie on the bed,” Sooyoung asked her and Krystal only followed her order. Tiffany was also there to accompany Krystal. Sooyoung prepared the machine. She lifted up a bit Krystal’s patient gown.

“Your baby bump quite visible for 8 weeks,” Sooyoung told her and Krystal couldn’t deny more since she also can see that her tummy was quite rounded than the last time. Sooyoung put some gel on Krystal’s stomach.

“Let’s see how the baby going in there,” Sooyoung move the probe on her stomach until the image was visible on the screen.

“Oh, I see. No wonder,” Sooyoung grinned widely when she saw the image on the screen.

“Is there something wrong, doctor?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung after been quietly sat on the chair since she entered the room.

“No, nothing wrong. It just you see this two globe,” Sooyoung showed it to them at the screen. Tiffany took a closer look and nodded. Krystal didn’t care much about it.

“It means two babies in there. You got twin, Krystal,” Sooyoung told them.

“Really?! Aww…that’s cute,” Tiffany squeal happily.

“Great. Now I got two little to carry. How terrific is that!” Krystal scoffed at them with full of sarcasm.

“You can’t even pretend to like it, don’t you? Do you have to show your hatred likes that?” Sooyoung snapped at her.

“Nope, never. Deal with it. It’s not going to change,” Krystal said it sarcastically while rolled her eyes at Sooyoung. The obstetrician pinched her nose showed how much Krystal annoyed her. Sooyoung really need a lot of patience handling a patient like Krystal. She took a deep breath tried to subside her anger.

“Well, the babies look fine. I’ll print the sonogram for you,” Sooyoung wiped the gel on Krystal’s stomach after she said that.

“Whatever. Just do whatever you want to do with it. I don’t care,” Krystal got up from the bed and just went out from the room back to her ward without waiting for Sooyoung to finish her words or the sonogram. Tiffany tried to call her but failed.

“I’m sorry, doctor. You know how Krystal is,” Tiffany apologised to the obstetrician.

“It’s fine. I already used to it since the first time I handled her case,” Sooyoung assured her.

“So, Krystal and the babies are ok?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung.

“Yes, all three of them in a good condition. I’ll get the paper done for her discharge today,” Sooyoung answered her.

“Thank you, doctor,” Tiffany thanked her and got up from her seat.

“Tiffany-shi, can you keep it for Krystal?” Sooyoung handed her the sonogram. Tiffany took it and stared at it for a while.

“I thought that it would be nice if someone close to her keep it for her until she realise how lucky she is,” Sooyoung told her that.

“I would love to, doc. This is precious. I hope she’ll come to her sense soon,” Tiffany bid her goodbye after she said that to Sooyoung.

Tiffany walked out from the room but her eyes still locked on the sonogram. She never can understand how Krystal can say something like that toward something so precious and miracle like this but nevertheless, she knew that Krystal was hurt. She only can hope that things would be better in the future. While she’s still admiring the sonogram, she thought of someone. Tiffany took a picture of the sonogram and sent it to a certain number.

“What’re you doing?” A deep voice startled her from behind.

“Oh geez…oppa! Could you please warn me first. Don’t surprise me like that,” Tiffany rubbed her chest while narrowed her eyes at Kangin.

“You’re the one that didn’t realise of me. I already standing behind your back for 10 minutes,” Kangin smirked at her. Tiffany rolled her eyes at Kangin, still felt annoyed.

“But what’re you doing here? I thought Krystal already finish her ultrasound. I just saw her in her ward,”

“Nothing, oppa. I’m just look at this sonogram,” Tiffany answered him.

“Don’t lie to me, Tiff. I saw you took a picture of this sonogram. Why?” Kangin eyeing her suspiciously.

“I…I did not. I just look at it, nothing more,” Tiffany stuttered a bit.

“You’re acting strangely nowadays, Tiff. You brought the food for Krystal from a shop that I don’t know where it is. You even didn’t allow me to follow you buying the food,”

“It’s nothing, oppa. I’m serious,” Tiffany tried to assured him but Kangin didn’t buy it.

“You better tell me the truth, Tiff or I’ll tell Krystal that you didn’t bought the food from a shop,” Kangin didn’t mean to threatened Tiffany, he just wanted to know the truth since Tiffany was acting strangely recently. Tiffany sighed after she heard what Kangin told her. She knew that sooner or later Kangin will ask her about that. It maybe oblivious to Krystal but toward Kangin, it’s too obvious that she hiding something from them. Besides, if she wanted to make this right, she needs Kangin help too. Tiffany decided that it maybe the time that she told him the truth.

“Ok, fine I’ll tell you the truth but promise me that you won’t say anything to Krystal,” Tiffany warned him. Kangin only nodded.

“I told Amber about Krystal, about the whole thing that happened,” Kangin eyes wide open when he heard that. He’s totally surprise, that for sure. He didn’t expect Tiffany to tell their secret to Amber.

“Tiff, you know that if Krystal knew about this, the fourth world war will erupt,”

“I’m full aware of that, oppa but it was an accident. Besides, I thought that maybe things could be better if I tell him,” Tiffany tried to reasoning with him.

“What do you mean?” Kangin questioned her.

“Amber wanted to take the responsibility. He wanted to take care of her and the babies,” Kangin let out a heavy sigh after what Tiffany said to him.

“I don’t know, Tiff. You know how hard headed Krystal is. When she said A, there’s nothing could change it to B,”

“And how he going to do it?” Kangin added.

“We still try to figure it out since we didn’t want to put Krystal in more pressure but for the time being, he’ll cook for her the food that she only could consume without puking,”

“You mean the food that you bought, he cook it?” Kangin asked her, half unbelievable.

“Yep, and it taste good. You should try it oppa,” Tiffany suggested it.

“Yeah, if that ice princess allow me too,” Kangin scoffed at her suggestion.

“Oo..don’t worry oppa. I’ll keep some for you,”

“But I’m still not sure about this, Tiff. What if…”  Tiffany cuts Kangin words.

“We try, oppa. I’m only want the best for her,” Tiffany assured him. Kangin had nothing to say more since he also want the same for Krystal and perhaps Tiffany was right, this was the best for her.

Amber and Taeng were in the studio, arranged some things since Amber will took over the photo shoot that Taeng left behind. Taeng still in healing process though he felt healthy enough. But what make Taeng felt curious and suspicious was when he saw Amber was grinned widely while staring at his hand phone.

“Hey Am, are you fine?” Taeng asked him.

“Yeah, why did you ask me that?”

“You’re smiling while looking at your phone and it’s look weird,” Taeng told him.

“I was looking at this, hyung,” Amber showed it to Taeng. Taeng looked at his hand phone, a message with a picture from Tiffany.

To : Amber

Congrats, dad!

You got twin.

twins-ultrasound-8-weeks-21269834.jpg

picture credit to the owner

From : Tiffany

Now, Taeng knew why, the reason behind his smile and definitely Amber deserved to felt happy.

“I’m proud of you. My boy already grown up..isk…isk..” Taeng said that to Amber while faking wiping tears.

“Oww, stop it, hyung. You look ugly when you did that,” Amber teased Taeng but his heart certainly swelled in happiness. The thought of having a child never crossed his mind before though he used to dreamed it when he still with her. But when he was been giving a chance to have such a miracle likes that with his beloved person, it makes him felt like he own the world and nothing else matters anymore other than his ice princess and the twin.

“Yah! This brat, how dare you say like that to your hyung,” Amber only smirked at him. Their conversation had been interrupted when Amber’s hand phone rang. He looked at the number, it’s private. Amber excused himself from Taeng to answer the call. He went out from the studio and picked up the call.

“I thought I already warn you. I want you to extinct,” The other line harshly voice clearly can be heard.

“No, I won’t leave Korea,” Amber sternly said that. The other line laugh cynically at him.

“Thought so,”

“What do you mean by that?” Amber asked the other line.

“Sounds like you already got the big news from her,” Though Amber can’t see it but he can felt it that the other line was smirked at him.

“You knew about that?! About her and the babies?”

“Oh, Amber. Everything that happened, just wrapped around my fingers. There’s nothing that could went unnoticed by me,”

“Good. Then, you know that I never going to leave her again. Not even for another million years,” Amber stated it harshly.

“Well, don’t tell me that I didn’t warn you,” The other line said it with full of sarcasm.

“What warn? Don’t you dare to hurt her!” Amber sounds anxious though he tried to cover it.

“Ouch…you broke my heart, Amber. How could you say like that to me. I’m not that cruel. I won’t hurt her. Not even a single strands hair,” The other line mocked him.

“You’re BASTARD!” Amber lashed out his anger. The other line only laughed at him before he hung up the call. Worried and anxious were piled up in his chest. Amber afraid of what going to happen next but he determined that he would do anything to protect them and this time, he promised that he won’t let go of her anymore.