23. Agony

Agony

It’s been almost a week since the ice princess been hospitalized and he keep coming back and forth from school, work and hospital. Even she already told him, he doesn’t have to do that but he keep insisted it. Sometimes he doesn’t give any excuse when she asked him why he been doing this, sometimes he said because he want to and the other time he just said that the snow queen asked him to. Lastly, she gave up, she doesn’t bother anymore. She just let him be if that what he want to.

The others also visited her and that’s how she know those three in his class, Taeng’s family and Hyoyeon noona. Looks like he told all of them about the ice princess. Isn’t she wasn’t happy with that but she’s getting more and more comfortable with him and too familiar with his presence. Sometimes she thinks what if those feeling come back but she quickly chase it off. She doesn’t want to think about it yet, at least not now.  

Just like the other day, the door of her room opened, revealing a widely dorky smile from the stupid llama. She smiled back at him.

“I’ve brought your sushi,” Her eyes lighten up hearing the word sushi. She take the container from his hand and opened it.

“Ooo….my sushi,” She quickly shoved it into , savouring every little taste of it. She’s smiling widely and he only can chuckles looking at her eating the sushi.

“You’re messy, princess,” He said it unnoticed when he saw a rice on her face. She turn her face toward him. He’s startled when he realised what he just said. Hopefully she didn’t hear it.

“I..I mean Krystal. There’s something left  here,” He quickly wiped . She only smiled at him, just realised that how messy she is while eating. Phew…luckily she’s too absorbed with the sushi to heard what he just called her. How can he slip his mouth like that? Aissh….he mumbled.

“You’re eating like you didn’t eat for ages,”He said to her when he look how she was eating the sushi.

“It’s all  your fault. You banned me from my favourites,” She’s talking while chewing her sushi. Such a messy ice princess. He thought.

“It’s for your own good, Krys. You need to eat a healthy meal not all those junk foods,”

“You don’t know, how tasteless the food here is. I don’t even can think how they eating that,”

“Well, I can guarantee those foods are good for patients mostly for someone who lack of nutrition likes you,” She pouted after hearing what he said.

Suddenly, someone opened the door. They quickly hide the sushi and she wiped cleanly to hide the evidence.

“Oh, you’re here too, Amber,” Dr. Park greeted and smiled at them.

“Yes, about half an hour ago,”  They smiled back at him and bowed to the doctor.

“Well, I  just want to checked on this,” Dr. Park took the patient’s chart.

“Emm…everything looks better. Your vital sign also looking good,” Dr. Park said to them. They only nodded.

“So, can I go home now?” She asked the doctor, her eyes full of hope.

“Well, I need to checked on you first and make some test to make sure that you’re fully recovered. Then, we’ll decide whether you can go home or still need to be here,” She pouted more when the doctor said that. He nudge her to stopped her from making faces. She only  narrowed  her eyes at him. The doctor only can grinned looking at them.

“I’ll take my leave now but I’ll come back to checked on you,” Dr. Park said that to them but before he could stepped further. He turn back to them.

“What’s wrong, doctor?” He asked Dr. Park when he saw the doctor turn back to them.

“Nothing, I’m just…I thought I smelled something,”  Hearing that, she quickly covered with her blanket. Both of them flustered. The hospital quite strict when it comes to their patients healthiness so no outside food allowed in here.

“It’s me, maybe. I just ate sushi before I came here,” He told the doctor. Hopefully, the doctor can accepted that.

“Yes, maybe. Have a good rest, Krystal,” She only nodded and waved him with a smile till he closed the door.  Phew….both of them heaved a sigh of relief.

“I better keep this here,” He put the sushi in the drawer.

“Yeah, I better wash my mouth too,” She get up from her bed and went to the bathroom.

A few moment later, Dr. Park come back with a nurse and something in the tray that the nurse was holding it. Something that can make her feel really terrified. The test tube and of course, the needle. The long scary and sharp needle. Her expression on her face doesn’t look so good. He noticed it.

“Krystal, I’m going to take some blood sample from you,” Dr. Park said  to them.

“Do we have to?”She asked the doctor while trying to hide herself using her blanket.

“If you wanna go home, we have to take it. The blood result will come out tomorrow and you can go home only if the result is good,”

“It’s mean that I still have to do it,” The doctor nodded.

“Ooo….. I really hate this,” She said it but still extended her hand. He hold her other hand and she holding him tightly. He can feel that she’s shaking. She keep taking glances when the needle going to through her body. He think he need to do this.

“Hey, look at me,” He turn her face toward him while her cheek gently. They’re now facing each other. He can see in  her eyes that she’s scared now.

“You’ll be fine. I’m here. There’s nothing to afraid about. It just for a while,” He keep saying those soothing words while his thumb her cheek. Then, time stopped for both of them and silence filling up the room, nothing more. Without they knowing it, the doctor and nurse already finish their job. They too absorbed in looking at each other, admiring every single feature. The doctor and nurse only smiled looking at them and leave them alone.  

In  the morning, she got the result. Thankfully, everything were fine. She can discharged from the hospital today. She can’t wait to tell him.

To : stupid llama

Guess wht?

I can go hme tday! ^_^

From : ice princess

His handphone vibrates. He’s in the class, one hour before the last bell rang. He smiled when he read the message.

To : ice princess

Glad to hear tht! :-D

I’ll pick u up aftr school.

From : stupid llama

He replied her back. After a while, he got another message.

To : stupid llama

Really?

U knw, u dnt hve to pick me up.

I can go hme by myself.

From : ice princess

She doesn’t want to burdened him. He sent another message to her.

To : ice princess

But still, I wnt too.

Wait 4 me.

From : stupid llama

She only can smiled when she got the message. And yes, she’ll wait for him.

When she got home, she finally can breath freely. The fresh air definitely different from inside the hospital. But suddenly she feel something missing, something change, something differed. She look around inside her house, she saw it. Every corner of the house, there he is. Oh no, not again. This’s what she afraid of, too accustomed with his presence, her heart start to pounding rapidly, her stomach feels like a butterfly flipping inside of it. What I’m supposed to do now? She can’t turn back. Her handphone vibrates.

To : ice princess

I left dinner in the fridge.

Reheat it.

Rest well.

From : stupid llama

She look at the message and then, she smiled. She know what to do now, she’s going to enjoy this. If what she feels for him want to stay there, let it be till that time comes, till the time that she know she had to retreat. Let the time decide what’s going to happened next.

The next day after school, they walked home together. She’s walking happily,  jumping and feeling so light-headed. After a week been hospitalized and been coped inside the four walls, walking down on the street, feel the gentle breeze, hear the bird chirping certainly making her feels so blissful.

“Oh, this’s feel so much better,” She said it while smiling widely.

“I don’t know that you love school that much,” He said to her sarcastically.

“No,I don’t but it’s certainly better than the hospital,”

“You really hate it don’t you,”

“Pfft…..who’s going to like been surrounding by the white witches,” She narrowed eyes. He only can chuckles at her.

“Besides, I miss this more,” She stopped her track. Suddenly he can’t feel  her presence  beside him. Before he could turn his back, he feel a sudden weight jumped on his back. 

“OH GOSH, KRYS! Can you warn me first, I could drop you,” He said to her with his serious face. Luckily, he’s fast enough to hold her when she jumped on his back and piggyback ride her.

“Neh, you won’t,” She said it nonchalantly.

“And why is that?”

“Because if that’s happened, you’ll catch me,” Unaware of her, what she said to him bringing some feeling that hard for him to describe. A feeling of he’s been wanted, wanted by her. The euphoric filling up inside him leaving no space for others feeling.

‘Yes, I won’t. I’ll never let you fall, princess’ But only he know that.