12. Agony

Agony

She can’t seeing him anywhere when she arrived at the back of the school even near the big tree. Maybe he’s late. She thought. But that’s rare, usually he’s the one who’s waiting for her. Later, her eyes caught off something. Something that seems so familiar.

“Oh, really?!” The younger girl ask him in exciting tone. He only smiles and nodded.

“Oo..thank you! Thank you, oppa!” She squeak happily while hugging him. He feel a little bit surprised of the unexpected hug but he thought maybe that younger girl just feel so happy to have someone helping her in her project so he just let it be.

“It’s a small matter, Sulli. Besides it’s better I give it to you for your project than just keeping it,”

“But still I feel so grateful. You’re the best Amber oppa!” She gave him her biggest gummy smile.

“You don’t know I was feeling so down after the pictures that we worked on, ruined. A big mess up for us,” She added.

“Hey, enough of that. Told you, it’s a small matter. I’ll bring the album tomorrow and you can choose any of the pictures that you want to use,”

“Ok, oppa. Thanks once again.” She left him after she said that. He walking down to the big tree still didn’t noticed a  couple of eyes that had been try throwing daggers at him. But he does feel the air was a little bit chilling than usual. He rubbed his arm to keep him warm.

She’s standing near the big tree, staring at him almost can bearing a hole onto it. No wonder he’s late, to busy flirting with that little big gummy. Oh yeah, she just give that girl a name, little big gummy since she doesn’t know  her name and that girl have a big gums mostly when she’s smiling. Really not so cute. She muttered. She doesn’t like it what she feels right now. It feel so hot like a boiling water, only the different is, she’s the one who is boiling right now. He saw her and gave her his dorky smile while  she try to be as calm as she could be. Try to ignore her burning sensation now.

“You’re late,” She said it nonchalantly while crossing her arm on her chest.

“Yeah, Sulli ask for my help in her project,”

“So, her name is Sulli,” Now, she know that little big gummy names.

“Oh, you saw us?”

“Yeah, sort of,” She answer it uninterested. Her eyes wandering around. She doesn’t feel like want to look at him right now. Meanwhile, he doesn’t know why the situation feel a little bit tense, so he try to change the subject.

“You want to eat?” He ask her.

“No, I’m not hungry,” Once again, she anwer it nonchalantly. Still not looking at him. ‘Weird’ that’s the word that can  describe the situation right now since she never say no to his cooking.

“Well,  that’s bad since I make a lllooottt of SUSHI today,” He said it quite loud try to attract her attention. Her eyes suddeny shoot up widely open hearing the word SUSHI. OMO! Sushi! Aaa…I want sushi. Aissh…that stupid llama. He really know how to distract me. She muttered it to herself. She turn her body toward him and grab the lunchbox from him.

“I take back my words,” She said that to him and start eating the sushi happily. Her smiles back thanks to the sushi. He only can chuckles and shook his head while looking at her. That little big gummy had been forgotten for a while.

That night, he call her just want to ask her about the sushi since that’s his first attempt to make sushi.

“You like the sushi?” He ask her.

“Yep, it taste good. Just don’t you dare to put cucumber or apple. It’ll be totally disaster,”

“Krys, I don’t think it going to be that bad. You said it because you hate cucumber and Krystal, I never heard anyone put an apple in sushi,”

“What do you know about cucumber? It  taste so…..yuck! And Amber, I’m grateful that no one put apple in sushi but if there’s someone who try to put it, I’m so going to kill that person for making a disaster to  my sushi,” He laugh after he heard what she just said. He totally think that’s hilarious.

“Oh, Krystal you’ve been exaggerated again. It wasn’t that bad. I’ve been eating it since kid,”

“Yah! Are you trying to say that I’m overreact,”

“Oops, sorry,”  He laugh more after said sorry to her. This stupid llama, seriously asking for a hit. How dare he laughing at me and how could he said cucumber doesn’t taste that bad? I even can’t imagine myself eating those freaking long greenish thing. She muttered in most disgusting face. Then, a beep sound disturbing their conversation.

“What’s that?” She ask him.

“Oh, sorry Krys. I’ve got another call,”

“Who’s it?”

“I don’t know….wait,” Later, she heard him pushing some button on his handphone. She waited for him.

“It’s from Sulli. Must be had something to do with her project,”

“Oh, really..” Her tone sounds a little bit down.

“Krys, I’m gonna hang up now and answer her. Maybe she needs my help. Good night, Krystal,”

“Good……” Before she could finish her words, he already hang up the call. What a big emergency that little big gummy have!? Does she have a save the world project!? Uurgh….She groan while buried her face in the pillow. That little big gummy….I really want to firing frozen laser to her now. Not to forget, that stupid llama….how dare he hang up to me?! Can’t he wait till I finish?! He really asking for a bat beating. Aarrghh….she grunt hard. Now, how can she sleep? She feel so resentful. But, on a second thought, why she feeling like this and then, suddenly what Seohyun just said to her comes ringing in her ears. OH….MY….GOD…..Did she really fall for that llama? Seohyun-ah….. I’m so dead meat. She keep muttering it until she fall asleep.

Seohyun can’t stop laughing at her when she told her what happened. Seohyun pitying her but at the same time, she feel it’s hilarious since what she just said, it’s happening now.

“Yah, how could you laughing right now while your so called friend is in depression,” She feel a little bit irritate. She cupped her face with her palms on the desk.

“I’m sorry Krys. It’s just that I didn’t think it’ll happen this fast. But what about this morning, did you walk with him?”

“Yeah. Just like usual, likes nothing happened,”

“You didn’t say anything?”

“Say what?”

“I don’t know. Admit it. Confess to him,”

“Confess? What confess?” Confusion totally can be seen on her face.

“Oh, Krystal. Don’t tell me that stupidity of llama had infected you,”

“Yah! I’m not stupid,”

“Then, don’t act like one,”

“How? I didn’t even know what I feel. I’m just…..suddenly feel like burning, like a boiling water mostly when that little big gummy disturbing us….uurrgh. You know what, I’m seriously want to freeze her into ice and hit it hard until it shaterred to pieces,” She groan.

“Krystal, you never can do that except you’re Elsa in Frozen,”

“Tch….I really wish I have that kind of power,” She’s pouting her lips.

“Krystal, you just feel jealous,”

“Jealous?” Her brain full of question marks. She try to comprehend what Seohyun said to her.

“Yes, you feel like he care more about her,  you afraid she will have his full attention. You like him or more love him. Krystal, accept it,”

“Well, erm….I….Are you sure that’s what I feel? Maybe I’m just scare she will take my friends  away. Not that really kind of feeling you just said,”  

“Look, Krystal you can denied as long as you want to but only you know your true feelings. Just don’t regret it when you missed the chance,” Their conversation ended when  their teacher comes. The lesson start but her mind was somewhere else. She can’t help it. She keep thinking what Seohyun said to her. Even if it’s true, how can she confessed it to him?