8. Agony

Agony

Before he could press the send button, his handphone vibrate. He just got a new message. He open  it.

From : ice princess

Are u asleep?

To : stupid llama

He reply it without hesistant.

From : stupid llama

No. Juz got hme aftr working. Y?

To : ice princess

He wait for her reply. Then, his handphone ringing. He answer it.

“Hello,”

“Hello…am I disturbing you now?”

“No. Hey, something wrong?” He heard her voice. It sound strange.

“No…it just….ermm..” She stuttering.

“Just what?” He want to know.

“Errmm….Don’t you want to know?”

“About?” He ask her back. His mind keep questioning what exactly the ice princess want to tell him. Without he know it, the other line feels frustrated. Aissh….this stupid llama. How can he be this stupid? Doesn’t he want to know why I’ve been doing this? Doesn’t he feels curious? She talks to herself. 

“You know,the reason,”

“Reason?”

“Yeah for everything that’s happening right now,”

“And….what just happened?” He keep asking her. While she keep feels frustrated. Can’t he notice it what I’m try to say? Stupid llama…she mumbled it.

“Aissh…forget it.” She hang up. She gave up. This stupid llama is so dense. Doesn’t he know how hard is it to tell him this? She needs a lot of courage just want to make this call but because of that clueless llama, she feels so hopeless. She really want to tell him everything, explains everything. She doesn’t want he know it from someone else. She afraid he’ll misunderstand, she afraid he’ll think that she’s been using him even a part of it, that’s the truth. But it was unintentionally, it’s just happened. Argghh….she groan on her bed. That’s it, she doesn’t want to think about it anymore. She’ll tell him when the time it’s come.

After she hang up, he feels confuse. He wonder what she want to tell him. He keep questioning himself but of course,only her know the answer. He keep thinking why she’s sound likes she’s mad, frust. Is that so hard the thing that she want to tell him? Maybe she need time. He thought. Then, he  send a message.

From : stupid llama

I’ll wait until u’re ready to tell me.

To : ice princess

She smiles after she read the message. Now, she think that stupid llama wasn’t that stupid. She reply.

From : ice princess

Thank you.

To : stupid llama

He only can smiles after received that message. That’s how the night end for both of them.

The next morning, he pick her up and they walk to school together. No one say anything, just silence. Only the sound of their steps that can be heard until they separate to their own way.

In the class, Seohyun keep asking her.

“Did you tell him?”  

“No,” She shook her head.

“Why? He deserve to know, Krys,”

“I know but he told me, he’ll wait,”

“You mean you already told him?”

“Not already but I try,”

“So, he still doesn’t know why,”

“Yep but it’s ok I’ll tell him sooner or later,”

“You better be, Krys. I don’t want any misunderstanding. It wasn’t his fault neither you,” Seohyun said it in concern and worried. She doesn’t want anyone get hurt.

“I know. I hope so too,”

At the same time, in other class. As soon as he step into his class, he been surrounded by those three and questioning him non stop about what happened yesterday.

“Spill it,” Key ask him.

“What?” He ask him back even he know what they want to know. He just want to tease them a little bit.

“Come on, Am. Stop pulling around,” Onew ask him to be honest.

“You better tell us everything, Amber,” Taemin speak up.

“Or we tell everyone that you’re dating the ice princess,” Key threatened him while smirking at him.

“Yah! It wasn’t like that,”

“So tell  us what’s it like,” Three of them say it at the same time.

“And don’t leave any single piece of it,” Key warned him.

The next thing he know, three of them dumbfounded after he told them the hold story. Confusion clearly can be seen on their face. Seriously, why the ice princess want to be accompany by this stupid? They doesn’t mean that in physically but Amber sometimes could be so dense and clueless even for everything around him, mostly for something like this.

“But why?” Taemin ask him. He only shrugged his shoulder showing the sign that he doesn’t know why.

“You didn’t ask her?” Then, Onew ask him. He only shook his head.

“You’re so stupid you know. Why didn’t you ask her?” It’s Key turn to questioning him.

“Why is everyone keep pushing me to ask her? And seriously, why is everyone calling me stupid?” He feel a little bit irritated after being called stupid.

“Because you are,” Taemin said it nonchalantly.

“Yeah, who will keep following orders without knowing the reason,” Onew try to reasoning with him.

“Just like a fool,” Said Key.

“Maybe because I’m just try to be a nice guy that give her time until she ready to tell me everything. Got it now.” He try to make them understand. He doesn’t like it when everyone keep pushing him. If she want time, he’ll give it. It wasn’t so bad, right. Their conversation stopped when their teacher step into the class and start the lesson.

The bell ring for the lunch time. Each students make their own way. Some of it to the library, washroom, field but of course most of it, the cafetaria and the same goes to her and Seohyun. When she step out from the class, she feel strange. It’s some kind of feeling that tell her, something itsn’t right. She stop her track at the class’s door. She take a glimpse at her right and left and there is it. Now she know why. Aissh…. seriously, lunch time too now?

“Krys, why did you stop?” Seohyun ask her. She give her a kind of look that is you-know-why.

“It can’t be…” Before Seohyun can finish her words. She already been cut off by her friend.

“Yes,it is.”

“This is ridiculous. What are you going to do now?” Seohyun sighed. She try to think of something then it’s just click in her head, this is maybe her only way out.

“I think of something,” She said to Seohyun. Before she can leave her, Seohyun catch her wrist. Her face full of concern and worried.

“Will you be alright?”

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry, ok. Just go get your lunch,”  She squeeze Seohyun’s hand to assure her, everything will be alright. Then she left her. Seohyun only watch her back going futher. She care about her.

She walk until she reach at the back of the school. The same place she had a lunch with him. Her eyes wandering around try to looking for something then she smiles. She found it.

“Found you!” She said it a little bit loud.

“Geez….you scared me,” He said it while massage his chest. Reaction after got a little bit shock.

“What do you want? Don’t tell me that you forget to bring your purse again?” He ask her.

“I want that,” She take a sit and point her finger at the sandwich. He shook his head. He handed her the sandwich, doesn’t want to ask anymore. He just lazy to ask again and just let her be. She take the sandwich but still try to take a look inside the sandwich.

“Don’t worry. There’s no cucumber. Just like you want it,” He said it nonchalantly.

“Huh? You make it just like I ask you too,” She look at him. He flustered. His eyes wandering around, doesn’t want to look at her. He feel his cheek is reddened. Aissh….stupid cheek. He mumbled while rubbing his cheeck to lessen the reddened. She’s grinning toward him. She take a glimpse of something that coming out from his bag.

“Oh, what’s this?” She take it out from his bag.

“Camera? It’s so pretty. You just bought it?”

“Yah! Careful. I work for it,” He feel a little bit shocked when he saw her playing with his precious camera. She only stick out her tongue at him.

“You likes taking picture?”

“Yeah, I used to have one that I brought anywhere but it’s broke. So this is new one,”

“Oh… turn your face,”

“Huh?” He turn his face.

“Say cheese,” She snap their picture. She chuckles.

“Yah! I’m not ready,”

“It’s ok. I look pretty in this,” She smiled satisfied with the picture. He only can shook his head but without he noticed it, he smiles seeing this ice princess keep playing with the camera. Taking various of pictures but mostly her picture,of course. That’s how their lunch end.