34. Agony

Agony

A couple days after that, she noticed that something was definitely not right but she quickly rub it off thinking that it maybe just her feeling. But it wasn’t helping at all when her calls and messages getting no answer from him, except one simple message telling her that he was busy. She realised that because she‘s also feeling the hectic when her schedule were full with training but she still managed to send a message, was that so hard for him to replied her. Just like the day before, she tried called him after all of her 13 messages weren’t been replied by him but her calls also went to his voicemail.

Meanwhile, at the studio he keep ignoring his hand phone and turn it to silent mode. He let out a heavy sighs for the…..uggh…he groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration. He doesn’t know how many time he already sighed. And this isn’t went unnoticed by his colleague, Yoona. She went to his side and tap his shoulder. He turned to her.

“Come, let go somewhere,” Yoona said to him while holding his hand and dragged him.

“But what about the studio?” He asked her. Her silver keys bangle on her wrist making some sound when she move her hand along with their step. He looked at their hands that locked with each other but he doesn’t feel the need to broke it. Besides he feel the warmness, something that he thought he needs right now.

“I already locked it,” Yoona still holding his hand and he just following her step, doesn’t have the urge to say anything or protest. They stopped when they reached the rooftop. He look at the night scenery here, he stunned. He can’t keep his eyes from seeing the blinking stars at the sky and the dim light from the varies building in the city. The breeze tonight also nice, it’s not too cold. Yoona only smiling at him before she left him for a while.

“Wo…I didn’t know that the night here were so pretty,” He said to her when he feel her presence beside him. They were sitting on the floor facing the night view the city of Seoul.

“You look like you need this,” Yoona said to him when she gave him a bottle of beer. He took it from her and drink it without hesitant.

“Sometimes our boss, Sung-shi used this rooftop view for the background,” Yoona told him but she just want to broke the silence and maybe awkwardness. The truth is, Yoona want to asked him why he been behaved like this but when she look at him, she decided to wait. As far as she knew him though not too long, he wasn’t the type who’ll drinking like this, every gulp he take were big just like he wanted to swallowed the whole thing. She doesn’t know what kind of thing but what she knew, that thing was bothering him. He only nodded listening to what she just said and take another big gulp from the beer.

Yeah, maybe Yoona’s right. Maybe this is what he needs. Feeling a little tipsy after finish the whole bottle, he take another one. He thought it could help him keep away his restless and fidgety that had been lingered in his heart. The feels had been a line that didn’t allow him to across it. Stopping all his move, feels and emotions but mostly keeping him from her.

“Am, you’re getting drunk,” Yoona told him when she saw him taking another bottle.

“I know but let me be. At least, for tonight,” He said that to her. Yoona only sigh, doesn’t know what to say anymore. She only looked at him taking another gulp after another. His hand phone vibrates again. He took it out from his pocket and put it behind him, ignoring the messages or anyone that calling him right now.

“Am, I think you need to stop,” Yoona tried to take the bottle from him but he push her hand with a little grunt. Then, she noticed his hand phone behind him that keep blinking. She took it and look at the ID caller, my ice princess. Yoona feel torn between want to answered it or not. She doesn’t want to be called as an intruder in someone else business but what if the call was important and seeing how much consciousness that he have right now, she doesn’t think he’s going to answer it. So, she picked up the call.

“Hello,” Yoona greet the other line.

“Emm…hello. Is this Amber’s phone?” She answered it a little hesitant since the other line sounds like a girl and asking a question that she feel a little strange because she pretty sure that she didn’t call the wrong number. She can heard the rumbling sounds from the other line and this making her wondering, where’s he? What’s he doing now?

“Yes, it is. He’s currently…..Am! Don’t sleep on…….my lap! Uggh…forget it,” She heard the other line was sighing hard. And what she’s heard right now making her heart beating rapidly in uncountable rate and just out of sudden her chest feeling burn and boiling. More and more questions come through her mind. Who’s she? Why’s he with her? What the hell is he sleeping on her lap?!

“Hello, are you still there?” The other line asked her.

“Ye..yeah,” She tried to calm herself.

“Well, I don’t think you can speak with him right now. He’s sleeping and quite drunk. I think is better if you call him back later,”

“Oh, ok then, thanks.”  The other line hang up. What else she can say, right? But drunk? Why? It kept puzzling her. She knew he wasn’t the type who’s like to get drunk and why must be with that girl. Can’t he talk to her? She’s more than willing to lend her ears and shoulder even her lap if he want to sleep on it or if he want some comfort. He used to promise not to have secret between each other but what about now? She can feel her head throbbing while her brain nerves working hard making assumptions and speculations that she knew most of it were abysmal. No! She quickly shook her head. She need to put her trust in him. Maybe he just stressed. Maybe he’s drunk just wanna get over it. Maybe she’s just one of his friend. Maybe he’ll tell her later what’s happening. Maybe he still keep the promise. Yeah, that is, maybe just that.

At the same time, he was sleeping soundly on Yoona’s lap with his face facing her clothed waist while incoherently mumbling. Yoona only can caught a couple of words from his mouth.

“Why?.....Why me?.....” He mumbled. He’s sniffing. She looked at him.

“Am?” But what she saw next was unexpected, a clear liquid rolled on his cheek. He’s crying. She’s dumbfounded for a while, doesn’t know what to do. Then, she slowly brought her hand to his cheek and wiped his tears while his hair gently. He back to sleep, looks like she managed to comfort him.

This is the first time, Yoona take a closer look on his face. Her fingers feel itching wanted to tracing this creature feature in front of her. It won’t hurt, right? She touch his eyes, nose, cheek and slowly his lips where the dorky smile always appeared. She’s smiling. He’s cute even sometimes quite dense. She thought. Her heart skipped a beat, she touch her chest. What’s happening? She looked at his face and again her heart racing furiously. What you’ve done to me, Am?

Yoona can’t keep her eyes off his face while her hand still busy his hair gently. A sudden grip caught her hand making her to stopped her moves. She startled. A couple of eyes that she been staring at before, now staring back at her. They looked at each other eyes sharply and deeply. Both of them were too immersed in their own gaze.

The next day, she decided to pay a visit to his flat. She’s determined this time. She’ll face him and asking the questions that had been playing in her mind. She’s lucky enough to finish her practice quite early today and started making her way to her destination. She finally reached his flat half an hour later. She knocked on the door but after a couple of trial, no one answered it. She thought maybe he wasn’t at home yet. She want to opened it by herself but she forgot to bring the keys today. Yes, she have the key of his flat, he’s the one who giving it to her. She wanted to called him but then she thought maybe he’s busy, so she cancelled that. Lastly, she decided to sit on the stairs a couple steps from his flat, just close enough to watch if someone coming in front of his door and she waited for him there

After 2 hours of waiting, her body almost freeze to death. The night was too cold today and sitting on this cold and hard floor wasn’t helping at all. She rubbed her arms, tried to keep it warm. Then, she heard someone walking, her heart feels giddily happy. She thought it was him. She take a peek behind the stairs, it was him…….with a girl behind him. She quickly turned her face and take a deep breath, tried to stay calm. She take another peek wanna have a look at that girl’s face but this time that girl back was facing her. That was fine but what making her almost lost her balance and fainted, that girl was putting her hand with a silver keys bangle on her wrist on his nape and kiss his cheek. It feels just like someone was stabbing behind her back with a big and hard strike directly toward her. That girl leaves and he went straight into his flat.

 She pull away her eyes from looking at them. She doesn’t feel she can’t face him right now. Her confident earlier already fading away. She need to calm her heart and clear her mind. Maybe it just an accident. Maybe it just a misunderstanding. Maybe it wasn’t that bad likes what she saw. Yes, maybe..maybe…she keep muttered it. She trying so hard to be optimist and keep the bad thought away. She keep walking and just follow her feet.

But what if it’s true and what if she’s been afraid all this time was going to happened. The promise will he still keep it or he already broke it. A sudden images of her memento with him comes across her mind alternating with what she just saw before, that girl with him. A single drop of tears manage to escape and rolled down on her cheek. She tried to keep holding it in. Till a voice calling for her.

“Krystal!!”