29. Agony

Agony

Little facts about the new item, the stupid llama with the ice princess :-

1.  The promise

She was shaking under her blanket. She’s been covering herself with her blanket and been hiding behind it. She never going to get used with the heavy rain, thunder and storm including the lightning that keep shocking her without notice no matter how hard she tried since she was a little kid. Another loud thunderstorms striking and terrifying her to death but this time it’s worst. She can’t see anything, everything had went to black and dark. She bet the thunderstorms had been the cause for the blackout. She can feel her body trembling more than ever. Call her chicken but she certainly wasn’t a person who can handle darkness so good mostly in this kind of weather. For heaven sake,  she been sleeping with the lights on since forever. She’s fumbling looking for her hand phone, luckily she put it close to her before the blackout. She call for a certain number.

“Hel…hello,” She stuttered.

“Hello,princess. Hey what’s wrong?” He asked her. His voice sounds a little hoarse the cause of sleeping.

“It’s..no.. nothing,” She feel torn whether want to tell the truth or not. She doesn’t want to bother him. She want to handle it by herself.

“Come on, princess. You can’t be calling me at 1 in the morning just to say nothing,” He keep wondering.

“Erm…I’m just…kind a hard to sleep,” So, she lied a little. It won’t hurt, right. Besides, she really can’t sleep in this dark with the bad weather.

“You can’t sleep?” He asked her for confirmation. He heard her hummed.

“Ok, why not I accompany you then,”

“Really? It’s ok? You know, you can back to sleep if you want to. I don’t want to disturb your sleep,”

“You already makes me full awake now, princess,”

“Ehm…sorry. I didn’t mean too,” She feel guilty for waking him up.

“It’s fine, princess. Now, why don’t you tell your story to me? Maybe it could help you to sleep,” He said to her. 

“My story?” She asked him.

“Yeah, like what happened today when you’re not with me, when you’re in your class,  when you’re with Seohyun or anything that you wanna share with me. I’ll give my full ears on you,” He said try to give her some comfort.

“Erm…ok,” She said to him and start telling him, her story. Even sometimes she flinched a little when the thunder strike again or when she’s stuttering every time the lightning came, his calming voice always can make her feel better again. After about 15 minute, she keep talking to him till she heard some knocks on her door.

“B, wait for a seconds. There’s someone knocking on the door,” Later, she walked to the door. Watching her steps carefully, try not to hit on something because of the dark and the only lights was her hand phone. She opened the door and she almost scream  when she saw a figure  in front of her looking so scary mostly in the dark and the bad weather but before she could opened , a familiar voice comes running into her ears.

“Princess, it’s me,” He said to her when he saw her terrifying face. When, she realised that it was him,  her special person. A single drop of tears rolled down on her cheek. Feels of glad, worried and frightened were mixed up inside of her now.

“Stupid! Why did you come? You could get kill in this weather,” She said to him while sniffing. He rubbed behind his neck while smiling at her.

“Can’t help it when I heard your shaking voice over the phone and seen this weather, it all makes sense. You’re scared, don’t you?” He asked her. She only nodded, there’s nothing to hide anymore since everything he said was true.

“Let’s get inside. I need to put this raincoat away,” He said to her while grab her hands into the house. She just following him.

“Do you have candle?” He asked her.

“I think I have it but I don’t remember where I put it,”

“Well, let start finding then. Luckily, that I brought the torchlight with me,” He still holding her hand tightly while squeeze it lightly sometimes to assure that she’s going to be fine. After searching in a couple of drawers, they finally found it.

“Princess, you need to let go of my hand so I can light up the candles,” He said to her when he try to let go of her hand. She rapidly shook her head, the fear is still there. There’s no way she going to let it go after she feels the comfort of holding on to someone. He sighs.

“Please, princess. If not we’re going to stay in the dark for the whole night. I won’t go anywhere,” She thought for a while after hearing what he said. Dark wasn’t her best companion so she slowly let go of his hand. He start to light up the candles around the house and she keeps following him like a lost puppy. He only can grin looking at her in the dim light not only because the way she following him but also because she keep holding on his shirt just like a child. It’s kind a cute. He thought.

Then, they finally made up to her bed. The candles giving a little light in the house so it wasn’t that dark anymore. He want to tucked her in bed and take place on the couch but they ended up cuddling on her bed instead, since the ice princess still scare and doesn’t want to let go of his shirt. His arm was holding tightly on her waist and so is she while rubbing her arm gently with his hand. Her head was on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. He pull the blanket over themselves to keep the warmth. The quietness accompany them till he broke it.

“Princess,” He called her. She only replied with a hummed.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked her. He can feel her slowly nodded with a movement on his chest.

“Why did you hate promise?” It’s been a long time he wanted to ask her this question since the first day she said she hate promise. He can feel her body stiffened a bit. Suddenly he feel maybe he shouldn’t asking this question mostly at the times like this but before he could say it’s ok if she doesn’t want to answer it, she speak up.

“Because without promise, the pain would be less,” He looked at her when she said that just like giving a sign she can continue when she’s ready. She heaved a sigh.

“Pain of endless wait, pain of crushing hope,” She heaved a heavy sigh before she continued.

“I shouldn’t feel like this anymore. It’s already long gone,”

“It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me. I understand, I’ll not push you,” He tried to assured her that it’s fine if she doesn’t want to talk about it.

“No, it’s better if you know now. Besides you’re deserved to know it,” He hold her tighter, try giving her some comfort.

“When I was a little, I’m always been left alone at home or with the babysitter. My parents, they always busy with their firm and cases. Every day running back and forth to court. They always giving me promises, promise to come back home early, promise to have a dinner together, promise to celebrate my birthday, promise to watch my first singing contest but each time….they broke it. Until I feel that I don’t want to tell them anything so they’ll stop promising and the disappointment would be less with the less of hopes. At that time, it still ok, I have Jessica. She always be there when they can’t and she always said that they love us, it just that sometimes it’s inevitable so I try to understand. Then, she’s gone because they said it was the best, for her future and that’s the time I decided to come back to Seoul,” She explained to him.

“What about now?” He asked her. She look up at him likes questioning him back, what did he mean. Just like he understand it, he asked her again.

“I mean, between you and your parents now? How’s it?”

“Better, I think. I can’t avoid them forever. They’re still my parent after all and I love them. It just the pain was still lingered here, it’s hard to go or maybe it won’t go at all,” She answered him.

“But princess not all the promise can’t be keep. There’s still some of it, can be trusted and keep it,”

“It’s a common sense, B. Promise meant to be broken,” She still doesn’t want to believe it.

“Princess, if your parents can’t keep it, it doesn’t mean everyone else can’t keep it too,”

“I’m not saying that no one can keep it. It just me, the trust already long gone,”

“And what makes you feel like that?” He asked her.

“B, when you make a promise, you tend to keep it but when you can’t, that’s when the first lie been make as an excuse no one will get hurt. Then, another promise will be make and the same thing will happened when you can’t keep it. More promises, more lies. Soon enough, the lies can’t cover it anymore and those promises, just another word that comes out from the mouth,”

“Princess, do you believe me?” He hold up her chin with his hand. She only looked at him.

“If you believe it, then believe that my promise wasn’t just a word but a guarantee. My promise was never meant to be broken, no matter what,” He said it with full of determination and confident. She looking deeply into his eyes, tried to find some flaws but nothing, only love, care and her with more of her. Eyes can not deceive. That’s what she knew. He leans closer and giving her a kiss on her cherry lips, long enough to give her more assurance. That’s the moment, she thought that the trust could come back at least for him.

“Don’t make me regret,” She said to him.

“I won’t. I promise.” He hold her tighter. That’s their first promise, his first promise to her. She snuggling closer to him. He feels her breath becomes more steady and calm. He gave her the last kiss for tonight on her forehead and gently whispering to her ears.

“Sweet dream, princess,” Next, he also settle down want to enter the dreamland but he heard a very slow mumble.

“B…..,” Is she still awake? He asked to himself but she’s not moving.

“Love you….” Another talk under one’s breath he heard it from her. Cute and sweet. He thought that when the ice princess talked when she’s asleep.