52. Agony

Agony

“THAT ING BASTARD!!” Amber threw his hand phone in anger. It broke into two when it clash with the hard white wall. Amber knew it, now he totally should believe his instinct that kept telling him something was wrong when 3 accidents happened in a day wasn’t a normal thing. He was right, someone was planning on something but he didn’t expect that person was going to attack his friends. Now, he needed to be more cautious, that person was unpredictable. Amber ruffled his hair in frustration and groan a little till he didn’t realised that someone was watching him.

“Stress?” A soft voice interrupted Amber. He startled a little when he saw the owner of the voice, didn’t expected her to be inside of his room, nevertheless to speak up with him.

“Stop!”  Amber’s voice a little bit high when he saw her come closer to him. She flinched and makes a sudden stop in her steps, looking at him a little terrified. A sudden guilt flushed inside Amber’s heart when he saw her scared face.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scream at you,” Amber tried to talk with her but she took a little steps behind.

“I’m just…I don’t want you to get hurt,” Krystal looked at him intensely, like she was trying to understand what Amber just told her.

“I’m kind a mad…..it’s about work but I lost my temper and…yeah..I broke my hand phone,” Amber told her a white lie while showed her his broken hand phone that already turned into pieces on the floor.

“I don’t want you to step on that and get hurt,” Amber told her. Krystal’s face calmed a little.

“But why’re you still awake, it’s already late?” Amber questioned her while he looked at the clock on the wall that showed 12 midnight sharp.

“I…I’m just…eem…” Krystal startled. suddenly shut, didn’t know what to say. She really can’t tell him that she can’t sleep because she already accustomed to his presence while she was sleeping. His magical hand that could lessen her pain and cramp, his masculine body that could keep her warm through the night, his hoarse voice but soft tone that could calm the babies when they’re frantically kicked her from inside. Something that she would never admit it but deep inside her heart, she can’t deny it that she started to fall again, fall for him. It just too much for her to tossed aside her high pride. And just like Amber can understand her, he just predicted that she needs his help for her pain and backache.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Just give me a minute to clean up the floor a bit and then, I’ll get back to you,” Amber told her while rolled up his sleeves, started to clean up his room but suddenly stop when he heard her voice.

“No, it’s ok if you don’t want to,”

“And why is that?” Amber asked her while looking at her face weirdly.

“Well, you’re stress with your work and I thought maybe tonight you want to be alone,” Krystal answered him while her eyes looking down onto the floor, didn’t know why but she can’t face him directly through the eyes just like a school girl that just met her crush. Amber chuckled a little when he heard her answer.

“Don’t be silly. I rather be with you for the whole night than stay in this room alone thinking about all those things that mess up my brain,” Amber told Krystal while flashing his sweetest smile. Krystal hardly could predict what happened to her hard and cold heart but those words, when she heard what Amber just told her, Krystal’s heart felt something. It felt different than usual, she didn’t think it’s bad but it felt otherwise, nice and warm. The ice princess had fall for the stupid llama again, right? Krystal had no answer for that.

“Oh, okay. If you said so then….I’ll be in my room,” Krystal leaved the room after she said that to Amber.

Everything went by just like usual though it could be seen that the ice princess already make a tiny space in her life for the stupid llama but Amber felt more than happy for that change. At least everything that he had done for was worth for it and it didn’t go waste for nothing. When Krystal reached her 29th week, everything was just fine except that peaceful morning turned to a little bit chaos with another world war had erupted inside the house. Sound of someone knocking on the door started everything and Kangin was the one opened it. 

“Morning, people,” Said the girl cynically with unreadable expression on her face but still it’s good enough to scared of someone bigger like Kangin.

“Err…hey, Jess,” Oh yes, the answer was here. The snow queen had arrived.

“Do you know how worried I am?! Where the hell have you guys been?!” Jessica’s voice clearly could be heard through the big house. Kangin looked terrified, he tried to get some help from Yul, Jessica’s fiancé that stand behind her but the other guy could only shrug his shoulder, didn’t look less scared than Kangin. Nevertheless could say who dare enough to face the furious snow queen, certainly not them. An angry ice princess, Kangin still could handle that but a mad and furious snow queen was another story. It could lead him to a death sentenced.

“Jess, please calm down,” Tiffany interrupted them, tried to lessened the tensed air. She heard the scream from inside her room and immediately, she already could guessed who’s the owner of the voice.

“Don’t you ing damn dare tell me to calm down!! This is all your fault, Stephanie Young Hwang!” Jessica glared at her. She pronounce Tiffany full name loud and clear. This is only mean that Jessica was really..really..really mad because not even a single time Tiffany ever heard Jessica called her that since the first day she knew her. Tiffany flinched and stunned, she lost her word and only could stared back at Jessica.

“I trust you with every single thing that I had. I trust you with her, my one and only baby sister but how could you do this to me? Huh, how could you? Answer me, Stephanie Young Hwang. Don’t you just stand there like a stupid freaking statue,” Jessica gritted her teeth, trying so hard to suppressed her anger but Tiffany could sense it, her voice sounds broken and hurt this time not just the rage.

“I’m sorry, Jess…”

“Sorry isn’t the word that I want to hear right now,” Jessica cuts Tiffany words.

“I try to call you and tell everything but things got complicated and hard. It got me carried away, Jess and when I realised it, it’s already to late and I’m just waiting the right time and right words to explain everything to you,” Tiffany tried to coax her.

“Don’t you dare give me excuses, TIFFANY. I already give you enough time. For weeks, I wait until you tell me what’s really happening here, what’s happening to her. I don’t care what others say, I didn’t even believe what the news or the internet tell me. And you want to know why? Because I trust you. I believe that if anything goes wrong, if something happened you’ll call me and I kept waiting till I had enough of it,” Jessica sternly looked at Tiffany and Kangin.

“But you know what, as soon as I landed here, I heard that she’s on leave for a very loonngg time. She’s on HIATUS and me, as her own sister had no ing idea about that. Now, tell me Tiffany how should I feel about that?” Jessica glared at her. Tiffany only look down, she didn’t dare to look at Jessica. It wasn’t only because she terrified of her but also because a part of it was her fault. The guilt started to filling up in her. Suddenly, the front door opened up, revealed a familiar silhouette.

“Hey guys, I brought some food,” Said the person when he entered the house, still oblivious about the current situation.

“Oh geez, why is so freaking cold?” Said the person again. While the others only could pray for his safety.

“WHY IS THAT ING JERK IS HERE?!” Jessica screamed to every single person in the house. A sudden rush of adrenaline ran through his vein when he heard that so not unfamiliar voice. He snapped toward the voice and there, he saw her. Stood proudly, glaring her deathly cold glare straight toward him. He gulped his saliva in fear, his adam apple was going up and down. The courtesy of the almighty snow queen.

‘Damn it! No wonder it’s a dumb brick,’ Amber mumbled to himself.

“ANSWER ME! YOU DAMN PEOPLE!” The snow queen blown up but no one was dares enough to face the snow queen. Amber took every single courage that he had and try to save the day though he trembled a lot. Yeah….way to go Am.    

But before he could go further, a soft voice coming from the stairs startled everyone.

“Un….ni?” Jessica’s ears immediately recognize the voice. Her eyes widely open when she saw that familiar silhouette wasn’t the same like the last time she saw her and by the way she said it, she means like there’s a really big different, a huge one. She stared at her a little bit longer and it doesn’t take another minute for her to put two things together. The stupid llama was here and also the ice princess, the hiatus, the so not longer S-line waist and definitely not because of the overly fat intake. That bump on her middle line was way too obvious.

“YOU ING JERK!” The snow queen attacked the stupid llama off guard. She kept slapping, punching, and kicking him whenever and wherever she can. It didn’t take longer for the bruise to form and the blood came out. Amber shrieked in pain. The snow queen certainly know how to fight, no doubt about that. But Jessica still didn’t satisfy, she was in full blast anger and hatred. She took the broom that stand around the corner and beat him with it. While the others was stunned and fear for the poor llama soul but couldn’t do anything, the snow queen wasn’t someone who easily could be handled.

“UNNI STOP! You’re going to kill him,” Krystal stood up for him. She can’t watch the stupid llama be beaten up like that though she hates to admit it but it hurt her too when Amber was hurting. Jessica stopped her raven act. She sighed.

“Do you even know what that’s mean? Do you even understand what did you just call me right now? Because I seriously didn’t feel like I belong here and certainly not with you,” Jessica asked the ice princess, looking at her with the glistened eyes. But now her voice wasn’t full of anger and hatred, it full with sadness, frustrated, and disappointed. It’s sounded so broken. Krystal only could cast her glanced down, she hate to hear that kind of tone from her sister though she full aware that the only reason her sister sounds like that was because of her. Her solely fault.

“Do you ever have the slightest thought, who am I to you? Because if you did then you should know that I care and deserve to know every single thing that happened here,” Jessica stared at her sister with undescribed feeling but happy and pleased wasn’t one of it.

“Unni….”Jessica cut her words with her hands.

“No, just don’t…because everything that you said right now…it sounds like…it feels like..nothing. I’m nothing to you,” Her voice sounds so tremble and fragile.

“Does that years freaking suffered means nothing to you?! Didn’t you learn from it? That until you need to ed up your life with….this..ungrateful thing. I don’t even think that I could understand what kind of ‘thing’ happened here,” Jessica gritted her teeth while pointed her finger toward him with her disgusting expressionless face.     

“Don’t exaggerate, unni,” Krystal answered her with blank face. She really didn’t want to pick a fight with her sister and certainly not pick on her bad side but her hormone had taken the control of her now. Everything that she said wasn’t coming from her right mind, she blamed it on her hormone.

“Oh, now I’m the one who’s too much? Thanks, JUNG SOOJUNG. I do really know where I stand right now,” Jessica looked at her with her glistened eyes that threatened to flow down. The others could say nothing, only the sisters could settle it though it could be easy to say than be done by right now.

“Let’s go, seobang,” Jessica turned her face from her, a single tear manage to streamed down her cheek but she quickly wipe it away and put back her stoic face. Though it still didn’t slips away unnoticed by Krystal but she could do nothing to stop her. She just didn’t have that courage. That’s the first time she felt like she really failed her sister, broke her heart into pieces, disappointed her until she turned speechless and turned away from her. Jessica walked out from her baby sister that she used to love and care so much.  

Krystal gripped her hand onto the stairs, tried to stable her body while shaken up with everything that just happened but still, she stumbled down slowly onto her feet. Her legs giving up on her to stood any longer. The ice princess was hurting too, so much that until her body felt numb. Her face still expressionless, only the tears heavily streamed down on her cheek like non-stop. Her eyes still stuck on the familiar silhouette that kept going further away without turning back until it vanished from her sight.

‘I need you, unni,’ But the words stuck in , unheard.

No one say anything, only the small sniffles manage to come out once a while from the ice princess. Everyone knew that the ice princess was hurting but still there’s nothing much they could do. Both the sisters were too hard headed to listen to others. Amber tried to bite up his pain and wanted to comforts her but before he could do anything, Krystal manage to mutter the word that stuck into his head and stabbed through his heart.

“Leave,” It soft but it killing him slowly, Amber’s hand limply back to his side. His face showed that he’s crestfallen because the ice princess that he saw right now was more broken and fragile than ever. The others also flabbergasted by the ice princess’s word because they thought both of them already in good term though she still rejected him sometime. But what happened today brought the agony back to her and it hurt more than before. She never felt so lonely until today because she just chased away another person that care for her.

The stupid llama really did leave.

The small sniffled turns into hard sobs that choking her inside, leaving her gasping for air.