28. Agony

Agony

Later on, they spend their time together. Walking, chatting, and eating, nothing special or something like a fancy dinner just enjoying the time that they had together. Their hands never let go of each other. Finally, they ready to call it a day. They walked home together, enjoying each other presence.

“Krys,” He called her. She look at him and only hummed.

“I’m sorry,” He said to her.

“For?” She asked him while furrowed her brows feeling strange for the sudden apologize.

“For being such a stupid not to realised my feeling for you earlier,” She chuckles a little when she heard that.

“Well, I couldn’t agree more,” She said to him. He’s smiling dorkily while rubbing behind his neck.

“Just, next time don’t take too much time. I don’t think I can wait any longer,” She added.

“Yes, madam!” He gave her a salute and both of them laugh together.

“Am, can I ask  you something?” She asked him. He only nodded.

“How did you find out? I mean your feelings,”She asked him again. Her inner side eagerly want to know how did he realised about his feeling after all this time.

“Thanks to Taeng hyung. He knocked on some sense into me and thanks to all of them I manage to give that surprise to you,”

“Them? Don’t tell me that  Seohyun also involve in this,” She narrowed her eyes at him.

“Well, she playing the biggest role in this plan. She need to bring you there,”

“You mean the ‘I kind a lock in here’ was fake?” She imitate the way Seohyun’s voice sound when she called her earlier.

“Need to find an excuse to bring you there, right,”

“And I was almost freaking out hearing that she trapped inside the studio,” She shook her head in disbelieve.

“Sorry. We just don’t know how to make you come to school. It leaves us only with that choice,” A sudden guilt feels inside him. She look at him while crossing her arm on her chest then she grab a hold in his hand and squeeze it.

“It’s ok since the surprised was good,”  She smiling sweetly at him.

“Krys, what about the ring?” He asked her the question that keep lingering in his head since their last phone call.   

“Ring? What ring?” She asked him back. Confusion was on her face but still she can see a sudden gloom on his face.

“The ring that the drummer bought,” He said to her. She try to comprehend what he just said and then, she remembered.

“Oh, you mean Minhyuk?” She look at him and he nodded.

“Yeah, he bought it but why?” She can sense his darkened face when she said that. She doesn’t understand why.

“Well, I thought….emm..nothing,” He want to ask more but suddenly he feel does it necessary. He don’t know. His inner feeling mixed up. If he really bought it, does he give it to her? If he gave it, does she accept it? If she accept it then what about them? What’s the meaning of all this? The questions keep coming to him. His curiosity feels so itchy demand an answer. But what if nothing happened and he just make a false assumption, she’s going to feel disappointed with him for accusing her. And maybe she’ll broke up with him. Oh, no! He doesn’t want that. They just start it. Their relationship didn’t even reach a day yet. He let out a heavy sigh. She noticed it.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked him, feel worried of his sudden change.

“Krys, you wouldn’t leave me, won’t you?”

“No, silly. Why would I do that?” She feel the question was totally absurd.

“But he bought you the ring,”

“Ring? Wait, is this about Minhyuk again?” He only look down.

“You seriously doesn’t know what kind of ring he bought, don’t you?”

“Couple ring?” He look at her. She heard it and burst in laugh. She feel that is the most hilarious thing she ever heard at least for tonight. He look at her with confusion and questions all over his face. He feel like a fool right now. Did he said something funny because as long as he can remembered, he’s on edge of mental breakdown right now thinking that some drummer might steal the ice princess, his princess. He look at her sternly. She still laughing.

“Ok…ok…I’ll stop. Oh, come on Am, don’t be mad,” She said to him, panting because of laughing so hard.

“I’ll  tell  you the whole story, ok,” She added while he only give her a look that showed  I-demand-an-explaination.

“Ok, first I’m 100% sure that the ring had nothing to do with the couple ring,”

“Huh?” He look at her, still confused.

“Because the ring that he bought is a movie, The Lord Of The Ring,” She said it while grinning widely.

“What? You mean the ring is just a movie, The Lord Of The Ring?” He asked her for more confirmation with a hard to believe looks.

“Yep, he bought it for his girlfriend. She’s a fan of the movie,” She's explained it more.

“Emm..woh…I feel like a….” He’s flabbergasted, doesn’t know what to say. He feel likes a completely idiot for making assumptions, speculations and emotions that is absolutely for nothing.

“Stupid? I won’t deny it,” She giggles.

“Yaahh…” He feel really embarrassed right now, just like want to dig a hole and put his head in there.

“It’s ok. You’re my stupid,”  She lean to him and said it gently. He look at her with amusement looks.

“Shoul I be happy for that?” He asked her while smirking.

“Of course, certainly. Is not that easy to be the ice princess’s stupid. It’s so special, only for a certain llama,” She said it while blushing but still try to keep a straight face. He’s grin a little listening to what she just said.

“Then, I’ll be more than glad to accept it,” He leans closer to her and said it softly to her ears. She turn her face to hide her reddened cheek, she can feel that her face is turning to a red tomato or more. Aissh….that stupid llama, how can he make me blushing like this. She mumbled.

They walked till they reach her house. Suddenly, they feel the time passes quickly without they noticed it, they already in front of her door. The feel of reluctant and hesitant filling up inside of them but they know they still will meet each other tomorrow. This is just for a while, a brief of parting.

“So, we’re here now,” He said to her.

“Yeah, thanks for everything,” She feels grateful for him, for everything that he had done for her.

“Thanks for not rejecting me,” He thanked her back and he really meant it. She gave him a sweetest smile before she turn away but before she could do that, he pull her back and cupped her cheek with both of his hands. She startled a little but didn’t push back. He leans closer and closer till they can feel each other hot breath, their nose brushes, and the lips connected. No other things involve, just the lips on each other and longer than before.

“Good night, princess.” He gently said to her after they apart and start walking back home.

A couple of weeks after that, the whole school already aware of their official as an item. There’s some of it accepted it well, actually too well. They even got their own couples name and fans likes Kryber and Amstal. It’s kind a weird at first since they not some kind of idol or stuff even sometimes  he blame it on the ice princess’s popularity and in return, she just said ‘can’t help it if they love me’ but they just let it be since the people likes it. But not to forget, they also got the haters. Like people always said, forget the haters because haters gonna hate.

Some things change between them too even the routines were still the same. It’s just how they walk, talk and more…more attach with each other. And how her home become his second home also the otherwise. The times also becomes more short every time they with each other. A tiny change on how he call her princess and she call him B (till now she didn’t tell him the real means behind of that name, giving the excuse he’ll know it when it’s the time) and how the stupid llama becomes my stupid llama in her hand phone and the ice princess becomes my ice princess in his hand phone.

Soon, the drama will be on stage even there’s still some arguments and jealousy of the stupid llama with that certain drummer though how many times she explained to him, it just an act. The night before the stage, he still try to convince her on how to take a safety precaution while doing the kiss scene.      

“Do you have to do it?” He asked her for the 13th time. She giving him a look that showed you’re-still-not-get-over-it.

“Yes, I do…I do…I do…and I have to. It’s in the script,” She’s emphasized her tone, feel a little irritated after been questioning with the same question for the 13th time.

“But can’t you change it? You know like holding hands, friendly hug or…..or you can change it to a kiss on cheek or forehead. It’s more safe,” He said with confident and a little demand. He’s still not willing someone kiss his princess mostly on the lips. She gave him an unbelievable looks and people still say women are more jealous than men. She holded his face with both of her hands and looking deeply into his eyes. He’s now looking back at her.

“Now, listen carefully because there’s no repetition,” Later, he nodded, giving his full ears on her.

“With him, it’s just an act. With him it’s only for the drama. With him it’s only a brief of seconds. Get it?” He nodded again.

“While with you, it’s real. With you it means everything. With you it means forever,” Then, he smiling like a fool listening to her sincere confession. It’s not like every day you can see the ice princess making a love confession so this is certainly 100% bona fide. He see her reddened cheek even she tried to cover it. He gave her a peck on her cherry lips and tightly hugging her like there’s no tomorrow and lowly whisper, enough for her to heard it.

“Thanks, princess. You’re always know the best even I’m still got some issue with that drummer.” She only can rolled her eyes and heaved a sigh but still smiling because sometimes jealousy means love and care. And a jealous llama is cute. She thought.

The night ends and the sun rise again. The school were busy for the last preparation of the year end show. Everyone trying to give the best even it got some hectic over here and there. So do the ice princess and her drama teams and him with his camera. But he still manage to meet her for the last minute before she get on the stage.

“Hey, are you ok?” He said to her.

“Yeah, just nervous,” She said while trying to calm her nerves down. Taking more  and more deep breath.

“You’ll be fine. You’ll always will,” He squeeze her hands, try giving her some strength.

“Hope so, everyone already giving their best. I don’t want to make a mistake and let them down,” Her anxious and unease can’t be hide.

“Don’t worry too much. The drama will be great. I bet it’ll be the best than the other show even I’m still got some issue with the hero,”

“Ooo….B..” She gave him a look are-you-seriously.

“Hey, can’t help it. The insecure were still there even how many times I told myself he just an actor that acting with you,” He said it before he pull her into a hug and keep saying the soothing words.

“I know you’ll be alright. You already give all of your effort, let them decide the rest of it, ok,” He broke the hug and looking at her. She’s only nodded while smiling.

“Now, go and kiss your hero.” He before the last call for the drama teams. He gave her a ‘fighting’ cheers for the last time before her back disappear behind the curtain and he back to his work, taking the pictures for the school’s magazine.

The school’s year end shows ended with enormous applause and compliment from the audience. She comes running to him as soon as the shows ended.

“How is it?” She asked him. Eyes sparkling full of anticipation. Even everyone said that the drama is the best show this year but he still want to hear it from him, her special person.

“It’s magnificent just like how I predict it,”

“Thank you,” She smiling happily.

“But princess, don’t you think you have something to told me?” He look at her while raising one of  his brows. She look at him back try to understand his question.

“Emm….what?” She asked him back.

“Why didn’t you tell me that the kiss scene was just on the forehead?” He’s looking suspiciously at her. He only knew it when he saw it on the stage. For all this time, he thought it’s going to be on the lips that’s why he been so fussy about that. But if he knew it’s only a peck on the forehead, he’ll be fine…….maybe. At least, that’s what he thought…..for now.

“I didn’t? Oh, I thought I did. My bad.” She said with such an innocent face. He gave her a look are-you-seriously. She only shrugged her shoulder and walk away while grinning widely behind him