1. Agony

Agony

Traffic jam was not an exception for any highway all around the world and Seoul highway definitely one of it. It could be less sometimes but most of the time, the driver must hit the brakes after the car move 10 metres ahead.

“Oppa, can we move faster?” ask Tiffany to Kangin, the driver.

“No, we can’t, Tiff. Why?! Because there was a car infront, behind and besides us and for your further information we are trap in TRAFFIC JAM if you are not aware  of it yet,” answer Kangin in irritate tone. Kangin is a good driver but of course any traffic jam can annoyed the driver.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. It’s just that I don’t want to face the D’va editor. That Victoria seriously sharp in time and late wasn’t in her dictionary,”

“Well, she have to understand that we just get off from the plane about couple hours ago. It’s not that we doing it purposely. Why don’t you call and tell them that we are going to be late,” said Kangin more calmer.

“Already called but Sunny, her assistant answered it.”

“So, it’s done then. Stop worrying Tiff, you might get more wrinkles than my grandma. You can handle this. It wasn’t your first time facing those grumpy and annoying editor.”Tiffany chuckles hearing that from Kangin.

“Oppa, she is not grumpy. She’s just strict.”

“Still, soo serious.”

“But at least one of us can have a rest while we trap in this traffic,”said Tiffany smiling after looking at the backseat.

“Krystal is sleeping?”ask Kangin.

“Yep. She must be tired running from an event to another.”

“Let her be. It’s not always that she can get a sleep,”

 

After half an hour struggling, they finally arrived at the red painted building, The D’va. Kangin stop the black van at the back door to avoid the crazy fans of Krystal or any unnecessary people to handle when they got a photoshoot to errand now.

“Krys…Krys…wake up,”Tiffany try waking up Krystal while patting her shoulder. Krystal move a little and open her eyes slowy, try to adjusting the light. Krystal stretching her arm try to not fall back asleep.

“Tired?”ask Tiffany.

“Are we not?” said Krystal coldly. Without waiting for an answer, she step off from the van and start walking  leaving Tiffany behind.

“Grumpy?”ask Kangin. Tiffany just shrugged her shoulders and smile.

“Don’t worry. That mean she’s okay. Call me when you are done.”

“Ok, oppa,”then, Tiffany start walking too try catching up with Krystal. Krystal surely walking faster for someone who just waking up, mumbled Tiffany to no one.

Krystal walking  to the studio as fast as she can. She seriously want to  get this done and back to her sleep. When she arrived at the photoshoot location, the staffs still busy with their own job. Some adjusting the set, the light, the dress, everything must be perfect for  the photoshoot, at least in the eyes of the D’va editor. That’s what Krystal thought.

“Oh, Krystal-sshi. You’re here?”ask Sunny, the D’va editor assistant when she saw Krystal at the set. Krystal only smiling back at her. Then, Sunny shouting at someone at the back of the crowd of her staffs, try to alerting everyone else that the model is here already.

“Amber-sshi! She’s here!!” Krystal looked a little bit shocked when she heard a name that coming from Sunny mouth. It’s already been 4 years she doesn’t heard that name. Krystal’s mind start to make assumptions.

Krystal’s POV

That name. It can’t be him, right? A lot of people can have the same name with him. Then, I heard someone shouted back to Sunny.

“OK! I’ll be ready!!” Sunny heard it and walked past me to get everything ready for the photoshoot. I'm stumbled back hearing the voice that keep ringing in my ears.

That voice. It’s impossible, right? Maybe I misheard it, likes always. Then I try to take a peek at the voice owner. I can see the back of that person, my legs start to feel weak for unknown reason.

That back. I could be wrong, right? It could be someone else. Then that certain person turn over and smiling at one of the staff at there but he can’t see me. Of course, how can he see me? I've been hiding behind the door, behind all the crowd . And now I clearly can see the dorky smile, the face that I keep dreaming every night. That certain person I've been longing for, after all these years.

My mind really want to screaming out. My heart is beating crazily. My legs start to giving up, I try to keep a hold at the wall. Try not to fall down. I make a couples step back. Time basically stopping for me right now. I even can’t think straight at the moment.

NO! NO! NO! it can’t be him. It’s impossible. I’m must be wrong. I’m must have mistaken him for someone else. Like always but deep down in my heart, I know that I'm in denied right now. Let it be. At least for this moment, let me be hypocrite, let me denying everything. I don't want to  face it right now. I can’t. I'm not ready. I really want to run, leaving everything. Screwed up photoshoot, screwed up D’va, screwed up everyone, everything. I don't care anymore.

I take more steps backwards. My mind, my heart only want one thing and that is for sure, RUN. Leaving all of this. Leave before I'm breaking down. Leave before the tears that I keep holding right now, falling down. Leave before someone else know  it. But I'm taken aback when I bumped to someone while taking steps backward. I don't know who is it but I know I don't want this. I don't want anyone seeing me like this. Not now, please. I'm plead. And when I start to run, that person catch my wrist. Make me stop and turn my face.