5. Agony

Agony

“You’re late,” Said a girl behind the counter when he open the convenience store’s door. He smile to the girl that older than him, one of his colleagues at his part time job.

“Oh, hi Hyo noona,” Then, he look at the big clock at the wall in the store. She chuckles at him.

“Hey I’m not late. I’m just sharp,” He added while looking sharp at her.

“I know, just kidding Amber. But you usually 10 minutes early so what’s the reason of being sharp today?”

“Nothing, just something came up,”

“Was it good or bad?”

“What do you think? Bumped an ice princess that knocked you hard on the ground but you still giving her piggyback ride because she said her legs hurt that turn out she can walk properly and without saying sorry or thanks, she just walk away,”

“Well, apart of it must be good,”

“And the reason is?”

“Because you said she’s an ice princess, we usually call a girl as a princess because she’s pretty,”

“Well, she’s not approriately can be call ugly,” It’s come across his mind a silky black long hair, milky white soft skin and pink lips even with icy glares. What the hell that I’m thinking about now? He quickly shook his head  to get off that image from his brain.

“So, she’s pretty then,”

“Urrgh…whatever noona. Meeting her is the most unfortunate thing that could  happen on earth,”

“We’ll see,”

“Oh, no. You don’t have to.” Their conversation been cut off by the sound of the opening door. A customer just walking in looking for something. They continued their own work. As time passes, more customers walk  into their store.

In the last hour before the clock strike at 10 pm, he continued to rearrange the things on the shelves. Then, his handphone ringing. He look at the screen, an unknown number. He pick it up with the thought that the other line maybe had something important to tell since he’s been called at this time.

“Hello,” He greet the other line.

“Hel…hello,” The other line answer him but more like a whisper. Before he can ask that other line to speak louder so he can hear it clearly, his colleague calling for him from the counter.

“Amber!!” She came  to Amber. He only raising his brows, a sign of why she been calling for him but she retreat and giving a hand gesture that he can continue talking when she saw him was talking to his handphone.  While the other line also heard it, now she know his name, Amber.

“Hello,” He’s back to his handphone.

“Amber?”

“Yes, who’s this?”

“You’re really forgetful, don’t you?” The other line chuckles. He try to remember then something just click in his head.

“Wait! I know this voice. You’re the girl from this evening, the ice princess!” He said it quite loud.

“What?! Ice princess!!? The name is Krystal. Don’t you dare to…,” Before she can finish her words, he cut it. Now he know her name, Krystal.

“Oh, I just did. Ice princess suits you better,” He said it sarcastically.

“Oh really? You know what, STUPID LLAMA is a better name for you, Much Better,” She  mocking him back.

“Stupid llama?!! You better don’t….,” This time the girl cut his words back.

“Oh, I just did,” She smiling cynically even the other line can see it while he ruffled his hair in groan.

“Urrgh….you’re totally…..impossible,”  He grasp his fist firmly try to calming himself.

“Don’t care. I’m just calling you to tell you to pick me up before going to school tomorrow,”

“What?! Why did I have to pick you up?”

“Stop asking so many question. Just do it, will you,”  She hang up without waiting for him to say anything more. He only look at his handphone with a shock and unbelievable face. Then, he save her number and without hesitation he saved it on the name of ice princess.

“Looks like someone going to meet the ice princess. Should I buy you a charms, you know to get rid the bad luck,” She said it while giggles toward him.

“Seriously, Hyoyeon noona. Are you try to put an oil over fire?”

“Oh, come on Amber. Don’t be so serious,”

“Not in this matter noona,”

“It can’t be that bad, right,”

“Tell me, noona. Tell me,” He said it while his head hung low.

“I would really love to meet her soon. She’s kind a interesting. Oh, by the way  it’s already 10 pm you can go home now, I can close the store,”

“Really? Thanks noona,”

“Small matter, Am.” After that, he change his uniform and put it in his small locker in the worker’s room. He grab his bag and jacket and start walking out from the store. He take the subway toward his home. It’s only take 20 minutes from his house. When he arrive at his home, he take a shower and lie down on his bed.

Then, his handphone vibrate, a sign that he got a new message. He open it and his face turn to frown immidiately.

To : stupid llama

If u ddn’t pick me up tmrrw.

YOU’RE DEAD!!!

U dn’t want tht, dn’t u.. <_<

From : ice princess

Can this day be any longer? He sigh hard. Is not that he afraid of her but he’s the type of guy who will avoid any trouble as much as he can and this ice princess is one of that. Who knows what will this ice princess do if he really didn’t pick her up tomorrow. That’s remind him of some event at his school a couple months ago.

This ice princess or Krystal is quite famous in his school. He bet everyone know her, not because she’s pretty even with her smug and icy glares (that’s what the others said), daughter of lawyers (yes, both of her parents are lawyers) and active in club activities with quite good in academics but she also famous with if you don’t want to screw up your day at school, don’t mess up with the ice princess. A couple months ago, he saw that this boy are cutting line while buying lunch at the cafetaria and at the same time, it was the line that the ice princess was queue. Here comes trouble.

The last minute he saw it, that boy already drenched with mango juice thanks to this ice princess. She rolled her eyes while giving that boy her icy glares likes a warning that you  better don’t do it again or die and walk away with her lunch. He doesn’t know whether to pity that boy or angry at him but one thing for sure he know that’s never ever dare to mess up with the ice princess. Now, he’s pitying his life because he can’t run but also involving his life with this ice princess. He take his blanket and cover it up to his head, try to get some sleep without dreaming that certain princess.