3. Agony

Agony

One hour later, Kangin start to feel this house is totally empty even there is 3 people staying together. Krystal, Tiffany and himselves. This house is super big with a large living room, 6 bedrooms complete with bathroom and 1 bathroom downstairs for the guest, 1 party room with bar that they used to hang out or for small event but thanks to Krystal, her payment is more than enough to bought this house.

 So, here they are living together with Krystal even both Kangin and Tiffany have their own home but most of the time, they’re here. It’s much more easier likes this since Krystal schedule always tight and uncertain whether the time or place. Sometimes they only coming home at dawn. In the morning they’re somewhere in Seoul and in the evening they already grab a plane to Tokyo, Perth or anywhere in the world that want Krystal be there. Krystal doesn’t like a lot of hands touch her things so that’s why once a week there’s an ahjumma clean the house, not a fulltime maid.

Then the door bell rang, Kangin stir in his sleep. Try  to ignore it but the door bell didn’t stop, Kangin grunt while walking to the door to open it.

“Oh, Tiffany. You’re here,”

“Sorry oppa, I forgot the house keys. Did I disturb your sleep?”

“Nah, it’s ok. I just fall asleep while watching the tv,” said Kangin. Half yawning and stretching his arm.

“Did you have dinner yet?”

“Dinner? What time is it now?” ask Kangin to Tiffany, looking confuse. Tiffany grin.

“It’s 7 pm, oppa,”

“Really? Wow, time surely flying fast. Just this morning, we come back from Thailand and now it’s  almost night again,”

“Well,  that’s how our job, oppa. I’m going to check on Krystal,”

“Ok, I’ll call the take out. Any specific,Tiff?”

“Anything, oppa and the usual for Krys,”

“Arasso,” Kangin take out his handphone and calling the same restaurant that they usually order their food. While Tiffany put her handbag and walking upstairs.

BAM!  PANG!

Both of them look at each other and look up. Tiffany and Kangin run upstairs. The loud noise coming from upstairs.

“KRYS! What are you doing!!?” Tiffany yell when she reach upstairs and saw Krystal in the party room with hammer in her hands. The doorknob and the glasses scattered on the floor. Clearly can be seen that she knocked up the party’s room door and the bar locked glass cabinet that stock up varities of alcoholic beverages from wine, vodka, beer. Just name it. It’s usually been used for any occasions and guests. But because of some circumstances, this room been locked by Tiffany.

“Getting drunk,” finally Krystal answered it. While she open one of the wine and drink it from the bottle.

“You could ask for the key, Krys,”

“Will you give it?”Krystal ask Tiffany. Her face emotionless.

“You know,I can’t. We already make a deal for this,” said Tiffany try to reasoning with Krystal. She’s almost  breaking, her heart feels hurt looking at Krystal become like this again. But  Krystal only smirk. The alcohol already take a toll on her.

“Deal? Go to hell with that. I don’t give a damn care,”

“Krystal, you need to stop. You already recover from this drinking stuff,” Kangin interrupt after being an observers. He knows any minute from now, Tiffany will start sobbing and Krystal will become more  and more ignorant likes now. Cares about no one, nothing.

“You...shut up! Both of you.. OFF!!” Krystal yell,the hold house can hear it. It wasn’t the first time but it’s the first time after 2 years of Krystal’s convalescence. Krystal walking out from the room, she push Tiffany away when Tiffany try to stop her and try to grab the other two bottles of wine from Krystal hands. Krystal grunt hard. Tiffany fall on the floor. And that’s it Tiffany eyes that welling with tears start falling down. Whether Krystal is so strong right now or Tiffany is so weak at this moment. Either one, Kangin only knows one thing Krystal is unstoppable now. Only wait until she sobered up enough. He rushes to Tiffany and help  her getting up. Krystal  already in her room, locking herselves in there . Kangin bring Tiffany downstairs and try to calm her.

“Here. Drink this,” Kangin give Tiffany a glass of water and  the tissue box. Tiffany take it.

“Thanks oppa,” She wiped her tears. There’s nothing to be crying for but seeing Krystal likes that, broken again always give her heartache. She take a sip of water.

“Are you ok now?” Kangin ask Tiffany. He put his hand on Tiffany’s hand and squeeze it. Basically, Kangin doesn’t know how to coax people. He just let that person take it’s time. But he know Tiffany is a strong woman.

“I can’t say that I’m ok now but yeah,  it’s fine,”Tiffany take a deep breath. She try to hold the tears that start to welling up again. Kangin look at Tiffany, she looks  fragile.

“Tiff….”

“I’m scare oppa….so scare..’’ Tiffany can’t hold it anymore. The tears is coming down likes a pouring rain. Kangin pull Tiffany into a hug, embrace her and rub her shoulder. He can feel that his shirt is soaked with Tiffany’s tears but he just let it be.

“Ssh…ssh..it’s ok Tiff. Cry if you want to, just let it go,”

“What if….what if….Krystal turn to the old Krystal. I can’t take it oppa. It’s to painful,”She stuttering. Tiffany look at Kangin,try to find some strength.

“That’s why we’re here, to help her. I know you’re strong, you’ve been through this once. Besides, I’m here. All of us here. We can do this together,”That’s word give Tiffany a little bit of strength, something that she needs right now.

“Thank you, oppa. I don’t know what I’m gonna do if I was alone here,”

“Hey, you’re not the only one who love Krystal even she is hard headed, stubborn, and grumpy. She’s the ice princess after all. I love her too,” Tiffany chuckles.

“Ooppa….”

“What? I’m just stating the truth,”Tiffany only smiles and he smiling back to her.

“At least you’re smiling now. Better?,”added Kangin. Tiffany only nodded.

“Well, if that so, I’m going to cancel the order, I don’t think anyone have any appetite and take shower. I don’t know what kind of smell’s coming from this shirt after being soaked with sweats and thanks to someone, tears too,”

“Ahh…oppa. Sorry,” Tiffany smiles shyly because she know who that someone is. Kangin only smiles back. He walking to his room but after a couple of steps, he turn back.

“Tiff…”Tiffany look at him.

“She’s going to be fine. She’s our Krystal,”

“I hope so, oppa,” Tiffany smiles. Kangin walk into his room, leaving Tiffany alone. Soon, Tiffany switch off the light in the living room leaving only the main light and walk into her room. She close the door and take a hot shower. Today is a long day for her. The only thing she wants now is sleep on her comfy bed until the alarm ringing in her ears.

Krystal POV

I step out from the van and run into my room. Locked me inside it. I don’t care about how Kangin is looking at me right now. I know a lot of things playing in his mind wondering the reason behind my behaviour. No matter how much I want to tell him, I just can’t. At least not now but he will understand. I know he will, likes Tiffany. They always understands me better than anyone else other than my sister. Sometimes I think how they can even tolerate with my antics but I only can feel more than grateful to have them besides me. And now I’m staring blankly at the floor.

Don’t know what to think, do, see, feel, hear or even smell. Everything just blank. Everything that just happened at The D’va is hard for me to take, to comprehend. His name, face, back and smile, not even a single thing I ever can forget no matter how hard I tried, how many times I tried. It keeps coming back to me just likes now. It just that now is even more clear since it was happened infront of my eyes, not just a memories. More memories coming back to me just like rolling a film except is not in the cinema or television  is inside of me, inside my heart, my mind.

Suddenly something just knock my head, that certain memories. The memories of that day. The day when he betrayed me, he broke the promise, he shattered my heart into pieces. Now I know what I’m feels right now. Hurt, pain, frust. NO…NO..NO.. I don’t want to feel that. I want to run. I want to forget. My chest start to feel so tight, hard to breathe. In a flash, the air that I breathe is no longer just an oxygen but a toxic gas that try to kill me. I can take it anymore. I need something. I need ‘it’.

I take the hammer from the drawer. I knock on the doorknob the party’s room. I smash the glasses cabinet. I don’t care if anyone heard the loud noise that I maked. Then I heard someone running upstairs.

“KRYS! What are you doing!!?” Tiffany yell at me. I didn’t look at her. I’m just keep doing what I want to.  

“Getting drunk,” I answered her but still doesn’t look at her. I take the wine, open it and take a big gulp direct from the bottle. This is what I need.

“You could ask for the key, Krys,” I’m still not looking at Tiffany. I keep drinking and take another bottle, just in case I need more. I take another gulp and turn to her.

“Will you give it?” I ask Tiffany. My  face, voice are flat and emotionless.

“You know,I can’t. We already make a deal for this,” I know she try to coax me. I can see that she hold herself to not breaking down but I’m only smirk at her. I don’t know whether the alcohol or the emotion that controlling me now. One thing for sure, I can’t think straight in my current state.

“Deal? Go to hell with that. I don’t give a damn care,” I curse. Even I know exactly what the deal is. The deal that had been make to stop me from drinking after I’ve been diagnosed a chronic alcoholics. I only can smirk when think about it.

No one going to believe a famous hallyu idol, Krystal was an alcoholic. Thanks to Tiffany she cover it perfectly, keep it from the public even when I’m going to rehab. I start to recover but today the deal already long fogotten.

“Krystal, you need to stop. You already recover from this drinking stuff,” Kangin interrupt. I directly glaring at him.

“You...shut up! Both of you.. OFF!!” I yelling at them,the hold house can hear it but I don’t care. It wasn’t the first time but it’s the first time after 2 years of my convalescence. I start walking out from the room, I push Tiffany away when she try to stop me and grab my wines. I snorted hard. I can heard that she start to sobbing but I didn’t turn back. I just walk away.

I locking myself in the room. I keep drinking. After a bottle, I take another one. But the memories still keep coming back. I touch my chest, it feel hurt, pain that is grievous. My tears are welling, rolling down to my cheek. And I start to sobbing, can’t stop now. I hit my chest try to make the pain go away but it didn’t, just hurt more. I wanna scream, yell asking why I’m the one who needs to feel the pain but my voice betray me, it didn’t come out nevertheless I know it’s not necessary. Why? Because  no one going to hear it, no one going to answer it. The answer that I want…..wasn’t here. He’s not here. I pull my knee up to my chest. I’m sobbing hard. Heartache, it’s hurt so much. I drunk myself to sleep. The same dream in this 4 years comes again just likes the other night. It starts happily and I’m smiling in my sleep.

End of Krystal’s POV