50. Agony

Agony

Krystal was still the same, she still cold toward Amber although almost every single thing that had to do with Krystal, he took care of it. It basically like Amber was stay there though she hated the idea. Kangin and Tiffany could see it but not Krystal, she close her heart for Amber. He cook for her though she threw it away a couple of times before she ate it with a lot of begging from him, he tried to massaged her feet when she got the cramp in the middle of night but she only gave him some harsh words and coldly glare though she was in pain, he tried to help her but she kept pushed him away.  Some other times, Kangin and Tiffany also got the through fall in Krystal outrage when her hormone was getting all over her mostly when they tried to give Krystal and Amber some alone time. Nowadays, Kangin and Tiffany rarely been seen in the house, they usually stay at their own home since Amber was there to take care of her and Krystal was on hiatus.

It’s broken his heart each time when it’s the time for her to meet the doctor for her next appointment because each time she didn’t allowed him to be there or come along with her and Kangin was the one who always stuck in the middle between let Amber drove her to the doctor or just followed Krystal’s order and that’s mean no Amber during the appointment. He’s hurt of course but he knew better not to anger her more.

“Please, Krystal. Could you please let me be there?” Amber pleaded to her. It was her another next appointment and today was going to be the first time they going to hear the babies heartbeat. Amber didn’t want to miss it but like always she’ll push him away and denied his right that he was the father.

“NO! I don’t want seeing you there, idiot. It’s enough that I have to see your face in this house for 24 hours straight,” Krystal sent her deathly cold glare to him before she leaved the house with Kangin to meet her doctor. Krystal’s appointment always during the night time to kept her pregnancy from other people and Sooyoung, her doctor already aware of it.

“But…” Amber still trying.

“Choose whether you stay here and I’ll be there or I’m not going there at all,” Krystal threatened him and certainly that choice will shut him up. It’s better she’d going there alone but still took the treatment rather than she ignored about it at all.

When they reached the hospital, Krystal went straight to her doctor room, she knocked and entered it.

“Oh, hey Krystal,” Sooyoung greeted her.

“Hey,” Krystal replied it flatly and still cold, something that Sooyoung already used to it. Just like usual, Sooyoung took the vital signs and asked Krystal lied on the bed to do the ultrasound.

“Are you excited for today?” Sooyoung asked her, tried to talk with her.

“Do I have to?” Krystal only replied it coldly. Sooyoung only could shook her head unbelievable, though it’s already been for 22 weeks, Krystal still didn’t show any of her liking toward the babies. Sooyoung moving the probe on Krystal’s visible baby bump after she put the gel. On the screen, the  babies were more visible than the last time and then, the heartbeat could be heard through the room.  Sooyoung grinned widely each time she heard the heartbeats of her patients baby though she only her doctor because the fine sound of the heartbeats means that they’re healthy and she been doing a great job as their doctor. But it’s different with Krystal, there’s not a slightest of pleased feeling when she saw or heard it. She only kept with her expressionless face without emotion.

“Done?” Krystal asked Sooyoung after she wiped the gel on Krystal’s stomach.

“Yes, I’ll give you the date for your next appointment and you can get your medication from the nurse,” Sooyoung told her.

“Ok, thanks,” Krystal left the room after thanked Sooyoung. Sooyoung kept her things that she used for Krystal and when she wanted to left the room, she saw a shadow outside the room that trying to peek on something inside the room between the slightly open door.

“You know, I can report you to the police for intruding my patient privacy,” Sooyoung smirked at the unknown shadow when she opened the door widely but the unknown shadow only gave her a shy smile, felt embarrassed for the action like a stalker.

“I already record it for you. Come inside,” Sooyoung told him.

“Thanks, doc,” Amber thanked her. He followed her inside the room. Sooyoung played the recorded Krystal’s ultrasound earlier for him and this already been a routine for her since Krystal didn’t allowed Amber to come along during the appointment. Amber felt more than grateful for Sooyoung willingness to help him still involved in Krystal’s pregnancy though it’s secretly without Krystal acknowledged it.

When Sooyoung played it, he was caught in awe to seeing his beautiful miracles on the screen and it’s clearer than the last time.

“It’s…”

“Your babies,” Sooyoung told him while Amber’s eyes still on the screen.

“Yes, they’re. They’re mine. My beautiful miracles,” Amber was smiling widely and proudly.

“Now, are you ready for the next surprise?” Sooyoung asked him though he didn’t answer it but his eyes and face shown clear enough that he felt more than excited to hear it. Sooyoung the volume and sound of his babies heartbeats echoed through the room.

For Amber, it was the most beautiful sound that he ever heard since he started to breath. It’s too blissful and magical for him. Amber felt so overwhelmed until he could cry for that if it wasn’t because he remembered that he’s a guy and it didn’t look so cool to cry though his eyes already glistening with tears. Sooyoung felt happy, at least one of the parents were grateful for this beautiful gift.

“Do you want to a copy of it?” Sooyoung asked him.

“Yes, please,” Amber smiled at her. She gave him a copy of the recorded ultrasound and Amber accepted it with a smile on his face.

Amber went straight to Krystal’s house after he met Sooyoung but unfortunately for him, he got another surprise when he got there, a very unpleasant one or more to a person this time. Amber saw someone was happily chatting with Krystal and even dare try to touch her baby bump but what more surprised him that she just allowed it though Amber, himself, the father of the babies never touch it, not even once (when Krystal was awake of course). Amber fake a cough, tried to attract their attention to him. Krystal only rolled her eyes at him though that someone got up from the seat and greeted him.

“Oh, you must be Amber, right? That guy,” The person in front of him asked him though he still can detects some kind of jeer toward him. And for seriously, Amber need to hold himself from asking that person what ‘that guy’ means but he knew that it’ll caused Krystal to felt mad at him more if he tried to interfere her life though it really hurt him to saw how too friendly were them. So, he just nodded toward that person.

“Krys, I need to take my leave now,”

“So soon?” Krystal asked.

“Yeah, there’s still some business that I left at Paris. I just came by to visit you,”

“That’s so nice of you. Thanks Mr.Kim. You’re really a good boss,” Krystal complimented him.

“Anything for my ice princess,” Jonghyun smiled sweetly at her. Amber that just being an observant for all this time was fumed in anger and tried really hard to hold it in. It should be his ice princess, not that filthy rich guy ice princess. When Jonghyun left the house, leaving both of them alone. Amber faced her.

“Do you have to do that?” Amber sternly asked her.

“What?” Krystal asked him back flatly.

“Being too friendly and touchy with him,”

“Don’t be ridiculous. He’s my boss, of course I need to be nice to him,”

“Yeah, except it was way too much nice. You allowed him, a stranger to touch the babies rather than me, their own father,” Amber snickered at her.

“It’s still in my womb, so I have every single right who I allow to touch it and who I loathed to touch it,” Krystal glared at him.

“But why?”

“Because you’re a jerk, a bastard that I despised more than any other thing on this earth,” Krystal turned her back to him and went straight to her room after she said that. Amber’s face was crestfallen. Krystal still hated him, no matter what he tried to do to please her.

The sound of her silver keys bangle could be heard along with her steps when she opened the door for her beloved guy that nicely wrapped in dark brown Calvin Klein suits. A luggage was being pulled behind him when he entered the penthouse, a sign that he went straight here after he got off from the plane while that girl smiling sweetly at him and linked her arm with him. Now, they were standing in front of the glass window while holding each other, outside of the window stands proudly the magnificent Eiffel Tower.

“Hey, I miss you,” The silver keys bangle girl said to the guy in front of her while she hold his neck and caress it lovingly.

“Me too,” The Calvin Klein guy answered her while giving her a sweet peck on her lips making the girl smiling widely.

“Baby…” The guy called her.

“Emm…” She only hummed.

“I want you to prepare for your comeback,” The guy told her.

“Not a problem,” The girl agreed while kissed his lips. A sweet kiss turned to a more deep and passionate kiss that heated the air of the cold night with a beautiful blinking lights from the Eiffel Tower behind them outside the window.