13. Agony

Agony

Thereafter, in the weekend, she asked him to accompany her for a movie. They already reach the cinema, just waiting in the line to enter for the movie. The movie is quite famous since there are so many people in the cinema or maybe because it’s the weekend. Either one of it could be the reason. He thought. He doesn’t even know what kind of movie they’ll be watching and didn’t bother to ask her since he’s here because she plead him to accompany her. Of course, he could said no but deep down in his heart, he like to spending time with her. So, here he is.

“Why me?” He ask her while they waiting the movie to get start.

“Because Seohyun can’t come,”

“Why?”

“She hurt her foot,”

“How?” He ask her again.

“Why do you have so many question?”

“Because I can get double payment by doing double shift than sitting here with you watching a movie that I don’t even know the title is,”

“It’s Cry_Wolf. That’s the title,” She said and look at him. She know he want to ask more but before he can do that, she put her point  finger on his lip to shut him up.

“Syyh…the movie is starting,” She said it nonchalantly and turn to watch the movie. It’s surprised him a little by the finger that touching his lip but he can’t say anything more since he doesn’t want other people to mad at him for disturbing their focus on the movie.

It’s start well but then, more blood, more scarier things appeared on the screen. Oh, it was a horror movie. He thought. The cinema were fill with scream when those creepy things appeared on the screen. Scaring the guts of the spectators. He’s not fond of horror movie so he doesn’t care much about it. It wasn’t because he’s scared but he’s not pretty much like a movie that full of blood, murderer, loud shocking unamused sound effect and dark creepy things. So, there he is staring blankly on the screen. He try to sleep but it’s too loud in that cinema. He can’t open his handphone to play some games or texting his friends since he doesn’t want to angered the others for bothering them with the light from his handphone. He take a glance of the person beside him. He saw her covering her face with her palm when she got scared.

He wonder why she want to watch this movie if she’s that scared. He keep  looking at her, thankfully the light from the movie was good enough for him to see her face. Then, a scary screaming sounds loudly in the movie make the others in the cinema screaming too. He feel something pulling him  and using his shoulder to hide.

“Hey, are you ok?” He ask her in a low voice. She only nodded but still hiding behind his shoulder.

“It is gone?” She ask him back, almost a whisper.

“Well, pretty much like that,” He told her. She’s slowly shifted her body back to the screen but a couple minutes later, it got scarier and she’s back hiding behind him, holding his shirt tightly, her palms sweaty cold. He can feel it, her hands that grasping his shirt and he can feel that she’s shivering. He doesn’t feel pretty good about this.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” He ask her in much concern tone. But no answer. So he try to take a closer look at her. He feel something wetting his finger when he try to turn her face toward him. Is she crying? He wondered. Then, he heard a light sobs from her, he can see her shoulder is moving up and down likes she trying to hold the tears. He really doesn’t  like this.

“Ok, that’s enough. We’re out from here.” He said it sternly but only loud enough for her to hear it. He hold her hands tightly and led her out from the cinema. A lot of whining and complains from the others for disturbing their focus but they only could say sorry and bowed apologetically till they  step out from the cinema.

They sit on the bench outside the cinema. He give her tissue and a bottle of water that he bought it before they enter the cinema. She take it from him and say thank you.

“Better?” He ask her. She only nodded, try to calming herself. She’s not crying anymore only a small of hiccup because of the cries and scared.

“You know, it’s quite stupid for someone who can’t handle scary movies bought a ticket for horror movies and watch it in cinema,” He said sarcastically at her. He feel worried and concern about her when she turn up like this but in  the meantime, he feel angry because she’s being so careless to watch a scary movie when she can’t handle it well.

“I don’t know it was a scary movie,” She told him while looking down.

“But  you’re the one who bought it,” Confusion appeared on his face.

“I thought it’s just a story about the wolf likes the title,” She told him, still looking down. She feel like an idiot. He grinned and only can shook his head.

“Well, looks like the wolf turn to something else. But at least you save me,”

“Huh?” She’s confused.

“I’m almost dying of boredom in there. Horror movie wasn’t my type,”

“But you didn’t look like you’re scared?”

“I’m not. It’s just I’m not pretty much like it,” She only nodded after he said that.

“Come, let’s go home,” He said to her and stand up from his sit.

“Home? But I….I….,” She stuttered. Doesn’t know what to say. She doesn’t want it end here or like this. She want an answer. She been planning this just to get her answer. She’s curious. She desperately want to know it.

“Krystal, do you have something else to do? Can’t it wait?”

“Ermmm…I..,” She doesn’t have enough courage. If only she can ask him but no, she’s too nervous.

“Krys, it’s late and we got school tomorrow. It’s better we go home now,” He try to reasoning with her.

“Fine. Let’s go home.” She said that but she still think she can give a try on their way home. She just need to find her courageous. Why is this so hard? It just one question. She keep asking that to herself.

On their way home, she still can’t find any way to asking him. It keep puzzling her. Their way home only been accompany  by silence till they reach her house.

“Will you be alright?” He ask her concerning what happened earlier in the cinema.

“I’m fine. Don’t  worry. It’s just the movie creepy me out. Like you said I’m not good in handling that kind of movie,”

“Well, if you said so then good night, Krystal,” He  bid her goodbye and start walking.

“Amber! Wait…!” She calling him back. He turn toward her. She grab her fist in a firm hold. Okay, it’s now or never. She keep muttering that to herself. She’ll give it a shot.

“Krystal?” He call her.

“Do you like me?” Here we go, she finally ask him that question. Then, she heard him chuckles. She feel embarassed and only can look down.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I like you,” He said  that to her. Later, she look up at him, her eyes giving a look of a little hope.

“You’re my friend. Even with all those ice princess antics but still, I like you. You’re one of my good friends,” He said it with a sweet smile on his face and he pat on her head lightly.

“Friend?” She said it but her eyes suddenly fall down. He nodded.

“Yeah, that’s right. We’re friend,” She said it with a small grin on her face. At least, that’s what she can do now. It feels sting in her heart but is better now than before she already fall hard on him.

“It’s late. I better get inside now. Good night, Amber,” She turn and step into the house quickly before he can reply back to her. She closed the door. He only can watch her back till it covered by the door. He start walking back to  his house. Behind the door, she still standing in front of it. She touch her chest, it still sting. The tears start to welling up but she wipe it before it comes more. She take a deep breath and keep saying to herself, ‘it’s ok, at least I didn’t lose a friend’. She smile a little but a single drop of her tears manage to escape and rolled down on her cheek.