43. Agony

Agony

Krystal got home about half an hour later after Siwon hang up the call. She saw him already waiting for them in front of their door. When they stepped out from the van, Tiffany was the first one greeted the young doctor. While Krystal looks like she’s in her own world and was thinking a lot.

“Oh, Siwon hi. What’re you doing here?” Tiffany asked him.

“I come to tell you about the result,” Siwon told them after Kangin opened the door and they asked him to entered the house.

“Siwon, you know you can just call us and we’ll come get it. You don’t have to trouble yourself to come here and give us the result,” Tiffany told him.

“It’s ok. I already finish my shift and I just around the corner, so I thought why not I give it to you by myself,” Siwon said that to them.

“Well if you say so then, thank you,” Tiffany thanked him.

“Krys..” Siwon called Krystal. She flinched a little on her seat when she heard Siwon called her name. All of them were gathering in the living room, each one of them took a seat on the long couch in front of the coffee table. Krystal turned her face toward Siwon.

“I think you want to read it first,” Siwon told her while handed her the result. Krystal took the result from him. Her hands shaking a little, her heart beating faster than ever, and she took a deep breath before she opened the brown envelope that contained her blood result that recently taken by Siwon. Tiffany and Kangin waited for Krystal to open it. Siwon only looked at her. Krystal opened it slowly and her eyes caught that word, only two words that would be needed to crush down her world, her dream, her life, and her career. Everything that she has right now was shattered into pieces, nothing left more. A single tear dropped from her eyes, the result slipped down from her hand onto the floor. Her face showing a lot of expressions but sometimes it just blank, hardly to think what needs to be done. Tiffany and Kangin looking strangely at Krystal and Siwon back and forth while Siwon only could sigh, something that he already expected from the start when he knew about the result.

“Krys, what it say?” Tiffany asked Krystal while shaking her shoulder lightly but Krystal still staring blankly, didn’t responded to her. Tiffany finally took the result from the floor and read it. Her eyes wide open when she knew the reason why Krystal was reacting like that.

“Positive? Pregnant?” Tiffany read it loud enough for all of them to heard it. She looked at Siwon intensely.

“What’s this, Siwon? This is not something that you can joke about,” Tiffany asked him, still can’t believe what she just read.

“I hope it was only a joke but no, it’s not. It’s the truth, Tiff,” Siwon told her. Tiffany’s face change, a crestfallen expression. She let out a heavy sighs, a lot of thing came through her mind. Suddenly, she felt some rock that weighing a ton had been put on her shoulder, very big and so heavy. She rubbed her temple, too much stress and a lot of feeling and emotion that she felt right now. Kangin was open-mouthed but speechless. He doesn’t know what to say till he regained a little courage to asked the young doctor for more confirmation.

“So, you mean Krystal…there..there’s another life in her?” Kangin asked him and Siwon nodded his head. Kangin sigh, now he really felt helpless and hopeless. He had no idea how to settle this, it wasn’t like any other Krystal’s gossips that he could make some call and covered it. It wasn’t anything like that or near to it.

“But how?” Kangin asked him again.

“I’m not the one who has the answer,” Siwon answered him.

“From all of your reactions, I bet this is unexpected and unplanned but I do really hope that before you decide on anything, please ask the expert and get the second opinion,” Siwon added, it seems like he tried to help them.

“What do you mean, doc?” Kangin asked him. Looks like he’s the only one who can thinking rationally right now, while the others still in their own world.

“She needs another doctor,” Siwon told Kangin.

“Siwon, you knew that you’re Krystal’s doctor and the only one that we could trust with Krystal’s life circumstances,” Kangin said that to him as a matter of fact.

“I know but the situation has changed now. She needs someone who knows about pregnancy, an obstetrician,” Siwon explained to him.

“But you’re also a doctor,” Kangin still hardly to accept of finding another doctor. It wasn’t easy for them to find a doctor that could understand their situation but mostly, someone that they could trust to kept it from the world.

“Yes, I am but pregnancy wasn’t my scope of work and I don’t want to risk anything of giving the wrong opinion,” Siwon told him. Kangin only looked down. What more he can say in this? He’s totally in dead end.

“But I can recommend a cousin of mine. She’s an obstetrician. She work around here in her father’s private practice and I can explain to her the whole situation. You can trust her to keep the secret,” Siwon tried to help, the least that he could do for them. Kangin’s face light up a little, at least there’s a small hope in their mess up state.

“Thanks, Siwon. That’s really helpful,” Kangin thanked him.

“No big deal. Besides, that’s the least that I can do right now,” Siwon told him while looking at the others two that still not in their most normal act. He sighed once again.

“I think I better take my leave now. It’s getting late,” Siwon added and get up from his seat. Kangin walked him to the front door.

“Thank you for everything,” Kangin thanked him once again.

“You’re welcome. Please, if anything happened or if you guys need my help, feel free to text or call me. I’ll try my best to help you,” Siwon assured him. Kangin grinned a little. It’s always felt good to have someone dependable and to rely on.

“We will. Don’t worry, doc,” Kangin told him and locked on the door when the young doctor vanished from his sight. He’s back to the living room and looked at the two young lady. Kangin doesn’t know what to do or to say in this kind of situation. It’s like there’s no right words to describe it. Krystal abruptly get up from her seat and tried to walk away but before she could go further, Tiffany finally broke the silence.

“I believe I deserve an explanation, Krystal,” Tiffany’s tone was strict and sounds emphasized in her words though her eyes weren’t looking at her. Krystal’s stopped her steps near the way to upstairs.

“What more that you need to know. Everything was clear,” Krystal told her. Her face was emotionless while she only staring down on the stairs.

“It’s from after the Greek Myth, right? You weren’t stay at your friend’s house and that’s why you cried the next day when you came home,” Tiffany stood up and looked at her while saying that to Krystal. Krystal snickered after she heard it, something that unexpected by Tiffany and Kangin coming from her.

“See, that’s why I told you what more that you need to know. You already knew it,” Krystal still snickered, a little bit louder than earlier.

“Krystal, this is serious, not something that you can laugh about,” Tiffany’s face became really tensed after she looked at Krystal that looks like didn’t take this as serious as she is. Kangin saw that Tiffany was trying so hard to hold her anger. Something that not usually can be seen since among them, Tiffany was the most rational and calm when something happened but maybe this time, everything were too much to be handle even for Tiffany.

“I really wish that. I really wish that this is something that I can laugh, just a mere stupid joke but no, it isn’t anything like that. It’s the truth that ruining my life,” Krystal was tearing up though her face still the same as before, expressionless.

“Then, why did you do it, Krystal?! Why?! I knew that you’re reckless sometimes but not this stupid, sleeping around and get pregnant,” Tiffany’s tone a little high this time. Her anger slowly showing up.

“Do you think I like it?! Do you think I’ll do it if I’m aware of it?! You know me better than that. I know that I’m a severe alcoholic and I’m not denying that fact but I’m not a cheap that having one night stand here and there!” Now, both of them using the high pitch in their words.

“So, tell me then what kind of girl that got drunk, slept with a guy that I didn’t know who’s it, and having his child right now because maybe my brain was too stupid to understand what’s that!” Tiffany told her while glaring her eyes at Krystal.

“A desperate, hurt, and in pain girl that getting herself drunk was the only way that could ease the pain and don’t you ever dare to say that you understand it because you don’t ing know how hurt is that and you’ll never know!” Krystal intensely glaring back at her. Kangin knew that he had to step in before the argument become worse and can’t be turned back.

“Ladies, please this argument will bring us no where. We don’t need this right now. I know that we’re still in shock but we need to calm down, all of us need it and we have to find a solution for this outcome,” Kangin tried his best to cool down the tense up situation and reasoning with both of the lady in the house.

“What solution, oppa? I don’t even know where to start,” Tiffany told him but this time, her tone was low not like the previous. Her voice sounds more like disappoint, frustrated and in dead end person, not like a mad girl that she showed before. Kangin thought she’s maybe already calmed down a bit.

“I’m going to abort it,” Krystal blurted it out. Tiffany and Kangin looked at Krystal intensely, hardly to believe what she just said or even to comprehend it. Both of them were surprised and taken aback.

“What? You didn’t expect for me to keep it, don’t you,” Krystal smirked at them, like what she just said was the most right thing to do.

“Krystal, we’re talking about another life that living inside you right now,” Kangin told her sternly but still tried to low his tone. Yes, he admit that he’s the one that said they need to find a solution but not this kind of solution, at least not with taking some others life. Silently, Tiffany also agreed with Kangin. She might be mad with Krystal but abortion was the last solution that she’ll thought.

“And this is my life that will ing wrecking down NOW! Don’t you get it! I’ll lose everything, every single damn thing that I’ve been working hard for. All of it!”  Krystal staring at them, her chest was heave up and down. Her cold stare was full with anger and vexation. Kangin was speechless and could only sigh.

“Who’s the father?” Suddenly, Tiffany asked her that and looked at her with no emotion on her face. Krystal only staring her down.

“At least, we deserve to know who’s the guy, Krystal,” Tiffany added, still looking at her. Kangin also looking at Krystal now. They forgot about the most crucial information till Tiffany asked that question, the person behind all of this mess up circumstance. Krystal’s lips curved up a bit forming a smile that totally unpleasant and cynical.

“It’s him. The one and only,” Krystal told them and let out a mocking snicker.

“He hurt me and ditched me before and still doing it but now he left something behind, that little of him inside me. And if I know that know about this thing, as soon as I heard it that’s going to be the last time you see me in this world. Both of you know it better that I can and I’ll do it,” Krystal warned them and moved upstairs, leaving behind Kangin and Tiffany stupefied in the living room. Tiffany abruptly sat down on the couch and cupped her face in her palm, her head flooded with every single thing that could happen after this but none of it, showing any solution. While Kangin only can sigh for umpteen times and shook his head. Both of them already lost it, they’re deadlocked.

Krystal walked up to her room and locked herself inside it. When she closed the door behind her, her legs abruptly giving up of standing and plopped down on the floor. Her face devoid of feeling though her tears streaming down on her cheek non- stop. Like a shot, the memoirs of him came back, all of it even that night, the night that destroyed her life now and only that be needed to burst out her anger. She screamed her lung out, letting the pain spreading through her body and soul, tears pouring down staining her face. She pulled the curtain and bed sheet onto the floor. She pushed every single thing that her hands could grab down to the floor. In a flash, the room turned into a place that just being hit by a tornado. She letting out all of her fit of rage but still it’s not enough.

Krystal plopped herself down on the floor. She cried herself out, sobbing so hard till she’s choking within her tears. Why it always her that need to felt the pain? Why the fate was always merciless and ruthless toward her? Why she’s always the one who need to be hurt? WHY? WHY? The same question kept repeating in her mind but not even once it ever gave an answer. The agonizing and harrowing pain kept been added on her bleeding scar though the wound still not completely healed. Slowly she felt the demon that she had buried down in the deepest sea of mind rising up and showing itself. This time she can’t drown them anymore because they know how to swim but she felt like she’s the one who’s drowning right now and no one can helped her. She wanted to put an end to this. She doesn’t want to felt the same thing anymore.

Finally, Krystal took the bottle with tradozone label on it in her drawer. She swallowed the pills not once maybe twice, no make it double or triple. She couldn’t care more. She absolutely didn’t care about her life anymore or giving any second thought the other life inside of her. Step by step, the darkness claimed Krystal’s world. Her limb became weak and she fell down. Her eyes rolled back and slowly her eyelid closing in, covered up everything. Her hand dropped down the bottle. The leftover tradozone that can be count by finger than before she took it, shattered on the floor.