Phuket

Th13teen

 

 

I wasn't allowed to get up yet. I couldn't see him yet. Luhan just looked at me straight in the eye when he said I couldn't go anywhere. I could only nod. I knew he meant just for the moment, because I wasn't well.

 

The boys waited until papa and mama got back to tell them they were going to visit Jungkook. Papa nodded in agreement and told my brothers that they should go in two or three groups. Twelve people in one hospital room wouldn't be good for someone who just woke up from a two-day coma.

 

In the end, the first to go were the younger boys; Sehun, Tao, Kai, Kyungie and Chanyeol. Baekhyun, Chen, Lay and Xiumin went next. Luhan, Kris and Suho went last. Luhan and Kris kept glancing at me before they went to see Jungkook. I pretended I wasn't paying attention.

 

As soon as the boys were out, papa went to sit by my bedside. He took a really deep breath before asking how I was.

 

Papa: How are you, Xiao Yi?

Me: I'm...okay...I guess?

Papa: That's good to know.

Me: Pa...

Papa: Yes?

Me: When can I go and see Jungkook?

Papa: Hmm...

Me: Can I go see him?

Papa: Not now, Xiao Yi. Maybe in a few days time.

Me: I feel better now.

Papa: Yinzi.

Me: Okay.

Papa: Don't strain yourself. Don't talk too much. Go back to sleep.

 

I just had to nod at that.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The next few weeks went by in a blur. Yes, I was able to recuperate quickly. I was able to visit Jungkook as well. He looked okay, but there was a big scar on his arm...a memento from when he fell on the ground as Siwon's car hit him. The doctor had said that the scar would heal in a few months. I still sported some black and blue bruises on my arms and legs, and the wound on the side of my head was already healing.

 

It took a week before I was discharged from the hospital, so was Jungkook.

 

Taeyong had been rescued. Mr. Soo Kui wasted no time in sending him back to London and to be treated there, what with the trauma he had been in. He was main witness, but it was reported that he'd not be appearing in court during the preliminary hearings. I only heard that he had submitted a sworn statement regarding the kidnapping.

 

Choi Siwon was caught by unsuspecting gradeschool children somewhere in the border of Guangdong. It was reported that Choi Siwon had left his car in a field and unbeknownst to him, some gradeschool kids who were playing in the field saw him and stealthily followed him. They discovered that he and his men had a captive, which was Taeyong, and he hid him in a rundown farmhouse just a little way off from the field where he left the car. It looked like it wasn't their last stop, because he had originally planned to take Taeyong to Vietnam, as he confessed after he had been caught. They were just using the farmhouse for the night, he had said.

 

The gradeschool kids apparently ran back to their home and informed their parents, who in turn informed the police.

 

His right-hand guy, Kim Heechul was on the run from the authorities as well. Siwon was not able to erase tracks of his dealings with him, so the interpol was on the alert for the whereabouts of him.

 

Dong Hua Chen, as she was of legal age, has also been taken into custody. She and her father had both been taken into custody.

 

I wasn't allowed to appear in court, either. Nor was Jungkook. We were considered minors and needed the approval of a psychologist before we were allowed to sit on the witness box. Jungkook's mom was one of the lawyers handling the case, and she had hired a psychologist to assess mine and Jungkook's mental and emotional states before we could testify against Choi Siwon.

 

Taeyong had not been allowed to attend the court hearings because of his condition. He still hasn't been back to his normal cocky self. He didn't wanna talk to other people. He didn't even reply to my messages or emails. I was patient. I could only hope and pray that he got better.

 

The case against Choi Siwon was concluded with him behind bars.

 

25 years for his kidnapping attempt on Luhan.

 

Another 25 years for kidnapping Taeyong.

 

And 1 year for serious physical injuries.

 

Choi Siwon would rot in jail.

 

The Dong brothers each got 15 years for being accessories to the crime.

 

As for Hua Chen, she got about 5 years jail time.

 

Kim Heechul would be getting about 10 - 15 years, as he was Siwon's right hand and a main accessory to the crime. Just like the Dong brothers.

 

 

 


 

 

This was how the other days went by quickly.

 

Xiumin's birthday.

 

As the oldest Wu kid, he decided to use his birthday fund in investing in the Phuket resort. Papa approved of it. He was to help papa with the Phuket resort as soon as he graduates from college.

 

Sehun's birthday.

 

We had Japanese style buffet and no one complained, because it was his day. No one had the right to complain when Wu Shi Xun wants to have Japanese food on his birthday. The happy kid didn't mind the oldies, even if they kept teasing him he'd become a sumo wrestler soon.

 

Luhan's birthday.

 

Like Xiumin oppa, he used his birthday fund to invest in the Beijing business. Papa appointed him to manage it as soon as he graduates.

 

The Beijing business was the restaurant partnered with the Kims and Mins. "FUSIN" as Baek had suggested. The letter "O" was replaced with the Korean word for "Wu" which was "" and because the restaurant would be a fusion of Chinese and Korean cuisine. It was actually like a resto-cafe themed business.

 

Tao's and Baek's birthday were celebrated jointly. In Phuket. As the villas and resort were officially opened for business. The Kim and Min families were invited. Papa also invited Mr. Soo Kui, even if he already formally submitted his resignation to the boss. Mr. Soo Kui didn't take it against papa that he wanted to severe ties with him. With the case against Siwon still in progress, it was the only other ties papa had with Mr. Soo Kui.

 

Baek wanted to hold a mini skateboard competition in Phuket and asked papa if he could. Papa agreed and he went to plan the competition with Tao. They were found talking in hushed tones in the media room upstairs. They had asked J to come over and help them. J's birthday was a catastrophe because of the kidnapping situation, so Baek thought about letting him join in the mini competition to be held in Phuket. I heard them push each other outside papa's office downstairs to ask him if he could possibly post a sort of advertisement in the Phuket resort for anyone who would want to join the competition. It was one of Baek's perfect ideas to promote the resort on its opening day.

 

After school, the house was filled with blabber about the competition they will be holding. If the boys were not in the media room, they would be found in the family area just off the hall, going to the formal dining room. Sometimes, they would sit themselves on the floor of the receiving area. Papa had that whole area carpeted with the Wu Chinese character insignia in the middle.

 

I wasn't really allowed to stay and linger around when they discussed "stuff" because I was a girl. I just rolled my eyes at that. It wasn't as if I hadn't been listening to them talk loudly about it upstairs.

 

Actually, I think the main reason why they didn't want me to linger was the fact that Jungkook was also part of the planning most of the time. Whenever J came over to talk to Baek and Tao, he'd usually have Jimin and Jungkook tag along. Because Jimin tagged along, Taehyung was also found within the Wu residence after school hours.

 

I resorted to staying in my room and chatting with my friends online or on the phone. Sometimes, I get tempted to peek on the older brothers just to get a glimpse of Jungkook.

 

I know.

 

Kinda pathetic.

 

Right?

 

The only interaction I had with him whenever he came over was bumping into him on my way downstairs, or when I go to the kitchen to rummage the fridge for something to eat or drink. I usually end up closing the fridge abruptly after seeing him behind the fridge door, smiling. The only conversation we got to have was only along these lines:

 

Me: Oh...it's you.

JK: Yeah..

Me: Well...

JK: Uhm..hi?

Me: Hello.

JK: Nice day, huh?

Me: Yep.

 

And then I have to slowly move away from him, because it's either Chanyeol, Kris or Luhan who would appear in the kitchen. I just had to wave back at him and proceed back to my room, hoping I'd get another glimpse of him before he went back home.

 

The scar on his arm was healing; it was barely visible if you were at a good distance from him. But if you were within a few feet from him, you'd still be able to see it. The scar on the side of my head had also healed, and you won't actually be able to see it, since it's covered with my hair.

 

Before he'd leave for home, I'd receive a text message from him, "I'm going home now. Thanks for being a good host. Again. Haha :)"

 

And that would leave me breathless for a few minutes. If I was still attached to the heart monitor, it would probably be busted now for beeping so erratically and loudly.

 

 

 


 

Tao and Baek didn't really celebrate their birthdays on the day itself while we were still in Beijing. They did wait for the celebration when we were in Phuket.

 

Papa, mama and all 13 of us flew to Phuket, Thailand on May 8 for the opening of the resort. The opening was set for Saturday, May 9, so we went there a day before.

 

Papa had Xiumin Luhan and Kris go with him to the Phuket resort office probably to show them how the business would work. Xiumin oppa would be the one to help papa here, as soon as he graduates. Kris was not decided whether he'd be here or help Luhan in Beijing. Jin and Yoongi were not expected to help run the FUSIN business just yet, as they still had one more year to go in highschool.

 

If May 9 was the opening, the mini skateboard competion was to be held on Sunday, May 10.

 

Each of the guest families, Kim and Min, were ushered to their villas within the resort. We arrived in Phuket around midday and we had lunch outside, by the pool.

 

I finally saw the stairs going down to the beach. I couldn't wait to explore the resort.

 

I sat outside the porch with some of the boys after lunch.

 

Sehun: And here I was wanting to hide in the car before, just to be able to come with papa that time.

Chen: What if you had?

Sehun: I would probably be somewhere else now.

Chen: Where?

Sehun: Shipped to a mountain-school, I think. Or worse, the military.

Chanyeol: Hahaha. That would have been epic, Sehun-ah.

Sehun: I'd have written a petition letter to papa to have him enroll you in military school, too.

Chanyeol: I was just joking.

Kyungie: I wouldn't mind military school. They teach discipline and proper manners.

Sehun: Remind me to tell papa you are interested in enlisting for military school.

Chen: I have set an alarm for that. Later, during dinner. Kyungie, be ready with your goodbye speech.

Kyungie: WHAT?

Chen: You heard me.

Kyungie: I swear I'd skin you alive, Jongdae.

Chen: That's "Jongdae hyung" to you, Kyungie.

Kyungie: If I ever will enroll in military school, I'd learn how to be a really good sniper, so I would just have to shoot you from afar when I arrive back home. I don't have to come near you.

Chen: Violence.

Suho: What's with this talk of violence?

 

Kyungie just shrugged and stood up from his chair. He glared at Chen before he walked away to sit by Lay, who was seated on the grass just off the porch. Lay looked like he was in a trance. He hung his head back and had his eyes closed, while smiling. His dimples showed as he smiled to himself.

 

Tao and Baek were exploring the grounds. They had already picked a venue for the competition, though, so they were just checking out the whole place.

 

Kai had stepped out into the porch from inside the villa where we were billeted. He spotted Lay and Kyungie on the grass.

 

Kai: Oh. Lay hyung's daydreaming of his girl?

Me: Who?

Kai: His girlfriend.

Me: He has a girlfriend?

Chen: Yep.

Me: Who? Why didn't he tel me?

Chanyeol: Because she just exists in his mind, mei baobei. Hahahah.

Chen: Hahahahah.

Kai: He's got her all drawn up, though. He asked me to draw her as he described what she would look like.

Me: And?

Kai: She's pretty.

Sehun: Or you just made her appear pretty in your drawing?

Chanyeol: Who knows, she might exist in real life and Lay hyung's just giving us subtle hints on who she is.

Kai: Beats me.

Me: Does she have a name?

Kai: Who?

Me: Lay-ge's girl...?

Kai: Oh. Yeah. He told me that her name would be "Summer."

Me: Hmmm...

Chen: "Xia"

Chanyeol: Yeah.

Me: Nice name.

Chanyeol: My girl would be called "winter" then. Hahaha.

Chen: Because you like her to freeze when she sees you smile?

Chanyeol: Exactly.

Sehun: Ewww...

Me: Yeah. Ewww...

Chanyeol: Buzz killers.

 

I met Sehun's eyes and we both laughed. Chanyeol just made a face at us and poked me and Sehun with his long fingers.

 

 


 

 

Around late afternoon, I made my way to sit at the couch on the porch.

 

The parents were touring some guests around the resort. Even if papa had quit the Soo Kui & Associates company, the boss was here, invited. He had come with his new officers. Kim Jaejoong had quit his job as well. Min Kyung-hoon was still head of the Hong Kong office, though.

 

The boys had decided to go swimming in the pool. The Kim and Min kids were also there. Except Jungkook.

 

He was with me on the porch.

 

We were seated on the couch, facing the pool. Jungkook had complained earlier in the day that he wasn't feeling well. I found him following me all over the villa and resort, though. so, when I came

up here on the porch, I wasn't surprised to see him follow me.

 

The couch was a three-seater, but Jungkook wisely piled the square cushions on one side and he casually leaned on them. So he was between me and the piled up cushions. I leaned back to rest my head on the backrest of the couch.

 

Outside, I could see my brothers and the Min and Kim kids having a diving contest in the pool. Luhan was leading the Wu kids. He had taken off his shirt and flung it on the ground before he jumped in the pool. Baekhyun followed suit and made sure he made a big splash. Chen and Kyungie who were just lounging by the pool under a big umbrella, were drenched when Baek jumped in. Kyungie picked up Luhan's shirt and threw it at Baek.

 

I saw Min Yoongi on the other side of the piil with his sunglasses on, looking swag. He was applying sunscreen, I guessed, for he had slathered something onto his arms and rubbed them all over his exposed skin. Hahah. I was enjoying myself watching them. Taehyung was beside him, squatting on the tiled floor, and clapping at the theatrics my brothers were doing in the pool. Namjoon was nowhere to be found, though. He probably was with J circling the villa or the whole resort.

 

Kim Seokjin and Jimin were in the pool, enjoying the water. Jimin was flexing his arm muscles and went to get out of the water, just to jump back in with a big splash. I saw Jin almost choke when he was able to drink water from Jimin's splash. He flicked Jimin's head and pinched his muscled arm.

 

Yue was going to die if she saw this. Jimin and his heavenly arms.

 

LOL.

 

Anyway, the only Wu kids who were not in the pool were me, Suho and Lay. I didn't know where Suho was, but Lay was in the villa kitchens. The rest of the Wu kids were happiliy splashing in the pool, laughing and being dorks.

 

Jungkook shifted in his seat. I shifted at the same time. I was conscious of his every move. As I shifted, I used my hands to support my weight, and he did the same. Synchronized, huh? I felt his fingers brushed over mine. I froze for a second, and subtly, I felt his hand over mine and finvers locked with mine.

 

I sideglanced at him and saw his face sllightly turned the other way, But I saw his mouth formed a smile. I quickly averted my gaze and fixed my eyes forward, at the swimming boys. I was too conscious for him to catch me looking at him.

 

I felt his hand tighten a little on mine and heard him faintly clear his throat. My heart fluttered a bit. I slowly leaned back again and sideglanced at him. He was looking straight ahead and drumming the fingers of his other hand on the square cushions on the other side.

 

So, yeah, we held hands silently, unknown to the oldies who were enjoying the pool outside.

 

I fell asleep and unconsciously leaned on his shoulder, still holding his hand.

 

I was woken up when someone clearing his throat loudly.

 

Suho passed by, and subtly cleared his throat as if to warn Jungkook.

 

Jungkook had to let go of my hand.

 

I excused myself from him and went back inside.

 

Jungkook also excused himself and went the other way. He proceeded to their villa.

 

Suho stood in front of the couch and watched me and Jungkook go our separate ways. I turned my head around to see him with a hand on his waist, shaking his head and then beating his left chest with his other hand.

 

"They should not be allowed to be in the same room. Alone."

 

That's what I heard him say.

 

Why not?

 

Then I just realized why.

 

*screams deep inside, blushing*

 

 

 

 



 

I just had to put feels at the end. I miss this kind of feel. ODG. LOL. Please excuse me while I drown in my feels.

BY THE WAY, how do you like a third installment like a Wu kids series kinda thing? Please let me know in the comments. ^^

I leave you with this→ ♥♥♥  吳愛你們!我愛你們!