London

Th13teen

 

 

LUHAN

 

 

It's gonna be a hectic week for me. *sighs* I can't wait to go to college. Not. Harhar, Luhan. Why are you kidding yourself?

 

Breakfast was done and there was not much to do, except prepare for the wine expo. Papa's idea of spending Kyungsoo and Kai's brithday. Can't object, though. It was better than me planning a birthday party for the dongsaengs. I had a lot of work to do. Even if papa didn't require us to report to his office anymore, I still had a lot of work to be done. Actually, I was still finishing up some paperwork that he had asked me to look into last week. And now, I'm supposed to pack up my things for London. I reclined at the living room couch. The rest of the brood bustled about.

 

Ah, good. Those grounded boys were not making any noise.

 

We'll be leaving on Friday around noon. All three of us- I, Kris and Xiumin- have sent in applications for the University of Greenwich in London. And to familiarize ourselves with the place, before we actually study there, papa had devised this plan to go on ahead and prepare our living quarters. It meant that we would be scouting for a house or apartment where we would live for the next three years in college.

 

The three of us each had applied for a full-time course. We didn't want to prolong our stay away from the family, so we chose to study without any time-off in between. Papa was all for that. He was glad we chose full-time than the part time or sandwiched programme. It also meant that we would only be able to come home during week-long holidays or sem breaks. But it was better than having to stay for four to six years with a part time programme.

 

Oh yeah, the wine expo was a semi-formal event, so we are supposed to be in our preppy boys get up. I had prepared my duds last night before I went to sleep. I had to make sure I had it ready, just in case. All I needed now was to go and shower. Someone was still inside the second floor shower, so I'm kinda just waiting for him to finish.

 

Tao had surprisingly finished taking a bath and was now putting his shoes on at the foot of the stairs. He had thrown his shoes down as he went down the stairs. This kid had a habit of throwing his stuff downstairs and picking them up once he reached the groundfloor. His hair was still dripping wet. I think he didn't bother drying them when he got out of the shower. Kris had thrown him a towel from upstairs and the towel was now draped over his shoulders.

 

Baekhyun. Ahhh... My dear Baekhyun. He was still in the shower. I'm just glad that I don't share a room with him. He takes such a long time inside the shower. Him and his rituals. OTL. He and Sehun compete for the best in shower time. Pfffftt... Well, Sehun was still waiting for his turn, because the birthday boy is still in the shower. Kris had beaten him to it and took a bath there, because Baekhyun was already in the shower in their room.

 

Chanyeol was in the downstairs bathroom after Tao. Chen was in the second floor bathroom. Kai had just finished taking a bath. Xiumin, Lay and Suho were lucky they had their own bathroom in their room.

 

Well, I could go and take a bath in mama and papa's bathroom, but Xiao Yi beat me to it.

 

I looked around the house. We're going to move back to our home, and I guess I would miss this temporary house. Its three floors and the glider swing in the backyard. But I miss our home more. It looked different now, though. I would have to adjust again. Even if it's the same house, it wasn't really the same anymore. More rooms had been added and the floor area was larger. Papa had bought the empty lot in the back and he extended the backyard to there. I think the biggest change was the garage. It was now in the basement. The front lawn was bigger, too.

 

This house held priceless memories though. This is where I got crazy when I experienced being blackmailed by a witch. Yeah. I got crazy for a while there. I didn't exactly know what to do then, so I kinda impulsively agreed to what she suggested. I'm just glad that mama found the way out for me. Anyway, this is also the house where we met Sohee in person. It was a good memory. Even if, lately, it was bad memories because of the kidnapping and stuff, I guess I would miss this house.

 

"Lu ge! I'm done!"

 

That was Chen. Alright, let me go take a bath now.

 

I passed Tao on the stairs and I took it upon myself to pick up the towel on his shoulders and dried his hair for him. He just looked up and grinned at me in thanks. I smirked and placed the towel on the banister, reminding him to hang it in the laundry room to dry. He nodded and I went upstairs to the bathroom.

 

 


 

I was ready to go. It was almost nine in the morning. The expo was starting around ten. Papa was already downstairs and talking to someone on his phone. Probably Mr. Kim, since he was also going there with his sons. Mama and Xiao Yi planned to go shopping today. Girls day out. Just the two of them. Our boys day out with papa was going to be spent at the wine expo. I hoped it would be a good experience.

 

I had looked at my reflection in the mirror several times already, so I knew I looked more than presentable. Kai had asked for my opinion about his current get up. He wanted to wear a jacket over his grey and white pullover. I told him there was no need, he already looked alright with just the pullover and dark blue pants. He grinned at me and gave me a thumbs up for my own duds. I chose to wear a light torquoise checkered shirt and khaki pants. I had rolled the sleeves up, so I won't have to look too formal.

 

We went out the room together. I chuckled as I saw Suho and Lay go out of their room as well. It looked like we were dressed with one theme in mind. Checkered boys. Suho had on a red and blue checkered polo and grey pants. Lay had on a plain white shirt with checkered pocket and khaki pants.

 

Suho: Whoa!

Lay: Did we talk about wearing checks today?

Me: Of course not. I already prepared my stuff last night.

Suho: Me too.

Me: And Xiumin?

Lay: Still trying to decide what to wear.

Kai: Not checks, I suppose?

Lay: Ah, no. He was torn between a pinstriped polo and a mint green pullover.

Kai: I hope he chooses the pinstriped one. Hahah.

Suho: So you two would match?

Kai: Yep.

 

And we went down the stairs together. Tao was sprawled along the couch and looking up at the ceiling. Chen was in the kitchen, munching on something in front of the fridge. Sehun had finally finished taking a bath and was gulping down a glass of water in the kitchen.

 

I sat down on the armchair beside the couch where Tao was. I just noticed that he was humming a song as he stared at the ceiling. It sounded like classical music. Kris was on the other couch and scrolling his thumb on his phone. He was shaking his head and clicking his tongue as he scrolled. Chanyeol appeared at the foot of the stairs, all dressed up. He was wearing a plain light blue shirt and faded soft jeans. He had brushed his hair back and gelled it in place. He grinned at everyone when he reached the groundfloor.

 

Chanyeol: Wow. You look great. Where is the birthday boy?

Chen: He has gone to the toilet to take a dump.

Chanyeol: Oh? Hahaha. Ate too much fruit, I guess?

Chen: You betcha.

Kyungsoo: Shut up!

Chanyeol: Oh, so he's in the toilet down here?

Kyungsoo: Just shut up!

Me: Hey. You better shut up now or else your sentence will be more than just one day, Chanyeol.

Chanyeol: Ooops. Sorry hyung.

Me: Better sit down.

Chen: Kyungie-ya! Don't forget to wash your hands properly before you get out, nehhhhh?

Kyungsoo: ASDSAGASHAKSJFHAKHAKSJ!

Me: Zhong Da?!

Chen: I didn't do anything, hyung! I just reminded him...

Me: Just...urghh...don't even say anything. Just sit down.

 

Sometimes I've had it with these trolls in the family. We didn't have much peace because of the bickering. Yeah, it was fun sometimes, but most of the time, it was annoying.

 

Papa: Baekhyun! Are you done? We're almost going!

Baek: I'm done! I'm done!

Papa: Done with shower or dressing up?

Baek: Shower! Wait for me!

Papa: Tsk, tsk. Hurry up! I don't wanna be late.

Baek: Arasseo, papa...

 

Papa sat on the other armchair and tapped his hand on the armrest. He turned his head to look at Tao and told the panda to sit up straight. Tao immediately got up and straightened his shirt. Sehun then went to sit beside him. Papa turned to me.

 

Papa: Luhan, I'll have you in charge of getting the badges for everyone at the entrance.

Me: Yes, pa.

Papa: By the way, have you packed up your stuff for London?

Me: Not yet. I'll be on it later tonight.

Papa: I have been able to reach a friend by phone last night, and he suggested a place in Beckenham. It's a one hour bus ride to the university, but he told me the place was perfect.

Me: Really? Sure. We'll go there, then.

Papa: It's a four-bedroom house, has a garage for one car, but the front lawn is big enough for two more cars.

Me: So..so...we're going to bring our cars there?

Papa: No. I plan to just have you rent a car while you're there. It's costly to ferry your cars there.

Me: Ah...it's okay papa. We can always take the bus.

Papa: It's an hour ride, with all the stops along the way. I'd rather you drive your own car to school. He said it would only take twenty four to thirty minutes if you go by car.

Kris: Bring my car to London?

Papa: No. Rent a car for your everyday use, there.

Kris: Ahh...I'm okay with that.

Papa: Where's Xiumin?

Kris: *points to the stairs*

Papa: Good. You're here. I was telling Luhan and Kris about a house in Beckenham my friend suggested.

Xiumin: House?

Papa: Yes. I think a house is better than have you rent out an apartment.

Xiumin: Are you buying that house?

Papa: I'm thinking about it. But I am originally planning just to lease it for the whole duration of your university programme.

Xiumin: That's cool.

Me: Yeah, that does sound cool.

Kris: Four bedroom house. Who'd stay in the fourth bedroom?

Papa: Guest room. When I go there.

Kris: Visit us?

Papa: Of course.

Me: Who did you think it was, Li Shang?

Kris: Oh, the emperor, Mulan.

Xiumin: Pshhh..Not the corny comeback, Wu Yifan.

Kris: Bibbido boo!

Xiumin: Shushhhh...

Papa: Hao le. Enough of that. Where is Baekhyun?

 

He had turned his head toward the stairs again. He stood up and placed his hands on his hips.

 

Papa: BAIXIAN?

 

Baekhyun's head appeared on top of the stairs. He grinned sheepishly and showed a hand with his palms open.

 

"Just five more minutes!"

 

Five more minutes. Hah! It was more like five more hours. Pffft...

 

Mama and Xiao Yi went down the stairs together. Mama had a purse on one hand and her other hand was draped across Xiao Yi's shoulders. Little sister was all smiles as she spoke with mama going down the stairs.

 

Girl talk.

 

She was growing up in unexpected ways. When before all she thought about was being able to play outside, now, she was thinking of boys. I personally felt she was too young to think of boys. I didn't even start thinking about girls until I was fifteen. My mind was always full of how to take care of the younger brothers and her. Hah. Maybe that was why I was sort of a late bloomer. But fifteen was not that late. OTL.

 

Thinking about the opposite gender, I wished papa didn't put it upon Xiao Yi to choose between two boys who she barely knew. The time was near when she was supposed to choose between Jungkook and Taeyong. I didn't know who she will choose in the end, but I just hope she would chose wisely. If I was her, I wouldn't choose anyone yet. It was too early to be thinking of marriage, anyway.

 

Sometimes, I wanted to punch papa in the face for giving us situations that we don't have a say on. And I knew that I wasn't the only one who thought of punching papa in the face. I was willing to bet that even mama wanted to have a go at him. LOL.

 

I guess I chuckled too suspiciously, because Kris looked at me with one eyebrow up. I smirked at him and he smirked back.

 

Baekhyun finally appeared at the foot of the stairs. He was wearing a plain white shirt and didn't button it all the way up. He was wearing a silver necklace that sort of peeked out from the collar. he had gelled his hair in place, just like how Chanyeol brushed his hair back and gelled it. He placed his hands in the pockets of his black soft jeans.

 

Mama: You look handsome, qin'ai.

Baek: Xiexie, mama. You look...ravishing too.

Mama: Thank you, dear.

Papa: Alright. Let's go. Youmei, you're using Suho's car?

Mama: Yes.

Papa: Hmm. Okay. I thought you were using mine.

Mama: Aren't you using it?

Papa: No. I'm driving the Sienna. I'm having Xiumin drive the Odyssey.

Mama: That's okay, dear. I'll use Suho's car.

 

 


 

 

Mama and Xiao Yi were going shopping.

 

We were going to the wine expo.

 

Wu boys' and girls' day out.

 

Sounds like fun.

 

Except for the wine expo thing. Haha. I was only looking forward to the arcade game later, after this. Oh, and the birthday dinner. We would be celebrating Kai and Kyungsoo's birthday together.

 

We were in two cars. The Sienna and Odyssey. Papa decided to just use them instead of having several cars in a convoy. I preferred to drive my own car, though. But as papa said it wouldn't be practical, I had to give up wanting to drive my own car. Xiumin drove the Odyssey and papa let me drive the Sienna. He sat in the passenger seat as I drove. Xiumin brought the rear.

 

In the Sienna with us were Suho, Tao, Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo. In the Odyssey with Xiumin were Kris, Lay, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Papa had wanted to supervise the three youngest trolls, so he put them in one car with us. Chen and Chanyeol were grounded, yes, but he had Xiumin and Kris incharge of them.

 

I suddenly felt hungry. Again. The hectic schedule was making me stressed out. I felt hungry when I just ate, and when I ate, I felt full. I also found myself waking up every other hour at night. I just hoped I would be able to sleep well before we left for London. I would need to adjust my body clock when we arrive there. Five days in London was not much time. When we come back to Beijing, I knew I would have to adjust my body clock again.

 

Papa instructed me which road to take going to the expo. I made a left before he told me to just drive straight ahead. The expo was going to be held at one of the hotels just outside Fengtai.

 

We arrived at the hotel and went to park the cars in the basement. We went to the elevators together and up to the ballroom access where the expo was going to be held. Papa led the way to the ballroom entrance. I was next to him when we reached the double doors. The attendant at the door asked if we have pre-registered and papa nodded. I went to check the log book for our names and pointed them to the attendant. She, then, went to punch something on her computer and waited for about a minute, before another attendant came out from a door adjacent to the ballroom, carrying a box. This attendant opened the box and placed it on the counter. The first attendant told us that our badges were inside the box. I went to check the contents and got the badges for each of us. Papa had received a call that time, so he excused himself as he spoke on the phone. I picked out my badge and stuck it on the left side of my chest. It was a stick-on badge. I handed the other boys their badges and they, too, stuck it on their chests, like a plate. I handed papa his badge and he nodded at me. He absentmindedly stuck it on his pocket as he went inside the hall. I followed him, looking around me.

 

The place was already buzzing with people. There were kiosks, booths, and some tables and chairs set up. At the top of what looked like an arch, just straight ahead, were the words printed in big, bold letters. It read: "Beijing Gourmet Food and Wine Expo".

 

So, it wasn't just a wine expo. There was food, too. My stomach grumbled. I think Kris heard it, because he chuckled. He was walking beside me, following papa.

 

There were cocktail tables around one area and some ladies and gentlement were there, talking business. I searched the area for something interesting. Especially food. I found a booth that looked like a mini restobar. I walked over to it. I noticed some of the boys following me.

 

Papa had stopped in front of a kiosk and was talking to a gentleman. Kris and Xiumin followed me. Kai, Sehun and Tao also followed me. I wanted to shoo them away, but decided against it. We were here to have fun. Let the boys have their fun. It wasn't everyday that we were in a food and wine expo. The three grounded boys pointed at the menu stand that was at the entrance to the booth. It was an Italian restobar booth. They had showcased their gourmet dishes and wines.

 

Kai was drawn to the menu stand and went to check the list of food that we could eat there. Baekhyun must have smelled the Italian food, for he came walking towards us, too. Chanyeol and Chen followed him. Only Sehun looked unhappy. He wasn't much of an Italian food fan. He liked Japanese more. Kyungsoo sat on one of the couches near the kiosk where papa was talking to the gentleman. Suho had sat beside him and was looking around. Lay was wandering around the area with his head raised to read the names of the businesses who participated. I guess it was out of habit that I checked where everybody was. If anybody got lost, the responsibilty fell on me, even if Xiumin was supposed to be watching out for most of the boys.

 

Sehun: Is there a Japanese booth here?

Kris: You wanna drink sake?

Sehun: Is that Japanese wine?

Kris: Yes, it is.

Sehun: Have you tasted it, ge?

Kris: Me? Nope.

Sehun: You were in Japan with your mama on your birthday, right? Why didn't you try it?

Kris: Mama didn't let me drink sake there.

Xiumin: It tastes...hmmm...good.

Kris: You tried it already? How come you didn't tell?

Xiumin: Just during a demo in class. You know that Japanese guy in my econ class?

Kris: Yeah.

Me: He brought sake to school?

Xiumin: Yep.

Me: When was that?

Xiumin: Oh, last year. About the first week.

Me: Demo? You mean he made sake?

Xiumin: Yeah, kinda. Well, it was already fermented and all. Just the last stages done. But he brought finished product to let us taste.

Me: Should've taken econ classes with you.

Kris: Me too.

Xiumin: Hahah. Yeah, you should have.

Kris: It's the same time as my drafting classes orz.

Me: Yeah. Me too.

Xiumin: Well, we can go look for a Japanese booth here. I guess there would be some, because sake is a well known wine.

Me: Yeah, let's go?

Kris: Maybe we should tell papa.

 

We went back to the kiosk where papa was still talking with the gentleman. They seemed to be more than just acquaintances, because they were joking like they have known each other for years.

 

Kyungsoo looked like a lost kid beside Suho. It was his birthday and he looked sad. I needed to do something to make him happy. Papa and his definition of fun, OTL.

 

I walked over to the kiosk's counter and looked around. The man papa was talking to had turned his head to look at me. He addressed me, "Hello, young man. Can I help you?"

 

Papa interjected and introduced me as his eldest son to the man. The man beamed and shook my hand. It turned out that he was one of papa's college friends. But I doubted he was the prospective business partner, because papa didn't say so. I bowed a little as I shook his hand. I found that moment to tell papa of what I had in mind.

 

Me: Nice to meet you, sir. Actually, it's my brother's birthday today.

Papa: Oh, yes. Wu Jing Xiu, my birthday boy.

 

He called Kyungie to come. The owl boy stood up and went to us. He smiled shyly as he shook the man's hand. The man interviewed him for a bit before he excused himself as another gentleman and a lady came to his kiosk. Papa bade him goodbye and he led us to a sitting area. I told papa that I wanted to check out the other booths, especially for a Japanese booth. Papa just nodded and asked us to come back and wait for him at the sitting area after we wandered around. He then took out his phone and dialled a number. I guess he was calling either Mr. Kim or their prospective business partner. I jerked my head forward as I looked at the younger boys. They got up and excitedly followed as I walked around the hall, looking for a Japanese booth.

 

Before we actually found one, we stopped in front of other booths. Especially the ones who had food. There were some who already had food tasting samples, so we went to try those.

 

Kai: Kyungie-ya, your birthday is daebak. We get to eat different kinds of food for free.

Kyungie: I really wanna taste wine.

Me: Maybe later, when papa said it's okay.

Kyungie: Arasseo, hyung.

Me: Alright, let's go find that sake.

Kyungie: If we find it, can we taste?

Me: Hmm...maybe just a little.

Kyungie: YES!

Me: Hey, not so fast on the celebration.

Kyungie: Pfffft...okay.

Chanyeol: Guess who's here?

 

I turned to scan the area. I found the Kims walking in the expo hall. Jin was fixing his badge on his left chest. The younger three were busy looking around the area. Their father was walking beside Jin as his hand was pressed in his ear. On the phone, yup.

 

Hoseok found us and pointed. He grinned widely as he tugged at Jin's shirt. Jin had to look up and looked around. He spotted us and said something to his father. His father then stopped walking and looked around. Hoseok pointed at us again and said something to his father. Mr. Kim nodded and had to grab Jimin by the hem of his shirt when the kid almost walked into a woman who was standing near the arch. Jimin bowed at the woman as an apology. I saw the woman smile and place a hand on his cheek.

 

Ah, so lucky. That kid was lucky. Damn. Hahaha.

 

The youngest, Jungkook, seemed to feel shy around the crowd. I didn't know if he was hoping to see Xiao Yi here, but he was probably been informed by little sister already.

 

Jin led his brothers toward us and high-fived with Lay and Suho. Hoseok high-fived with the skateboard boys, same as Jimin and Jungkook. They sang a happy birthday to Kyungsoo and Kai as well. The people around looked at us and I had to feel a little ashamed because I was supposed to be the eldest.

 

Me: Alright. Enough with the singing. Let's go find that Japanese sake.

Jin: Whoa! You're going to taste sake?

Me: Yes, apparently.

Xiumin: They got envious when I told themit tasted good.

Jin: I have tasted sake when we spent our vacations in Japan. What I really want to taste now is whiskey.

Lay: You dropped that bottle last time.

Chanyeol: What bottle?

Lay: Nothing.

Jin: Won't happen again, Lay.

Me: Shush.

Chanyeol: I smell something fishy.

Sehun: Because there is sushi! Finally! Ahhhhhh.... Japanese food!

 

Yeah, we finally found a Japanese booth.

 

Chanyeol: That's not what I meant. But since you mentioned food, lemme go and try some of those...salmon sushi...

Tao: Nigiri...maki...sashimi...

Sehun: I know right...

Kai: I still prefer pasta...ravioli..

Baek: I know right. Let's go back to that Italian booth.

Kai: Yeah.

Me: No. No one wanders around alone.

Baek: We'll go together.

Me: No.

Baek: Fine. Sushi it is.

 

Xiumin had gone to speak with the Japanese lady wearing a kimono and asked her if they served sake. The lady smiled and nodded. She then gestured for us to sit down on one of the tables. We went to sit and waited for the sake. I reminded the boys to drink just a small amount if they didn't want papa to breathe fire if he smelled too much alcohol. And of course, mama.

 

Lay and Jin were talking in hushed tones at one end of the table. It so happened that I was seated at the end. They were planning to do a wine testing of their own. I cleared my throat and they chuckled.

 

Me: Mind the younger kids.

Lay: Don't worry about them, ge. They're busy enough.

Jin: Why don't we call Yoongi and ask him what he thinks? That last time we tried to do whiskey tasting had gone bad.

Me: If you must call Yoongi, do it discreetly. I don't want the younger kids hear.

Jin: Hyung, leave that to me.

 

And he excused himself as he left the table. His sake shot glass lay empty on the table. He was chuckling to himself. I sort of saw Lay in him when he did that. He had some mannerisms that reminded me of Lay. No wonder they got along well. But I also thought Jin was a little tips because of the sake.

 

The younger kids were grouped at one end of the table. They were rather noisy, talking about the family day and skateboard stuff. Even Kyungsoo joined the babble. He looked happy, and that's what mattered. I decided to let them be noisy. The whole place was sort of noisy as well, anyway. People talking and laughing with each other.

 

The boys each had a sip of the sake and I was sort of worried that they'd get drunk. They were channeling drunk Asians as of the moment. Especially Chanyeol and Chen.

 

Chanyeol: My breath smells like a sakura flower.

Chen: Andwaeeee!

Chanyeol: Don't object orz. Your breath smells like Kenshin Himura. Hahahaha.

Chen: My breath smells like sake.

Sehun: Sake tastes good.

Tao: Yep. I wonder why papa didn't allow us to drink wine.

Chen: If we were allowed to drink wine, the house would smell like Kenshin Himura. Hahahah.

Hoseok: Does Kenshin smell good...or...?

Kai: I think he smells like blood.

Jimin: Eww...

Kyungsoo: Wanna smell my breath if it smells like blood? Then you'd know how Kenshin smells like.

Jungkook: I'm with Chanyeol. My breath smells like a sakura flower.

Kris: Hey. You drank sake. Don't be pabo. Your breath won't smell like a sakura flower if you drank rice wine.

Sehun: Pssshh...

Kris: Don't pssh me.

Me: No more drinking. Let's go. Papa might be looking for us already.

Hoseok: Where's hyung?

 

Jin came back with a smile on his face.

 

 

 


 

 

After the wine expo, we drove to the nearest mall to go to the arcade. Mr. Kim and his sons went with us. He and papa had successfully closed the deal with the vintner. Papa and Mr. Kim were venturing into the restaurant business and they signed a deal with the winemaker to supply them with the wine for the business. The person also had a gourmet food business, and was willing to help set up the restaurant.

 

As papa promised, we trooped to the arcade. He and Mr. Kim stayed in one of the coffee shops to talk more about the business. He had wanted us oldest kids to stay and discuss with them, but I think he wanted us to make sure that the boys were well-supervised. Papa was still concerned about the recent kidnapping incidents.

 

Xiumin, Kris and I served as the MIBs for the trolls. Except that we were not wearing black suits. Jin, Suho and Lay went on their own way towards the racecar section. Jin had quietly relayed that he already spoke with Yoongi and that the latter had agreed with the wine tasting session. That meant we'd have to smuggle as much wine as we could. We could buy them outside Fengtai, just so there will be less recognition in our part. News travel fast, you know. So, if we were caught buying bottles of wine, it would reach papa and we'd be dead meat.

 

The grounded trolls followed Kris to the basketball game. They placed bets on who'd get the most points within ten minutes.

 

LOL.

 

I walked over to the table soccer game. Kyungsoo had followed me. I raised an eyebrow and he grinned.

 

Me: Not playing basketball with them?

Kyungie: Are you kidding me, ge?

Me: No, I'm not.

Kyungie: My height suggests I'm not good in shooting hoops.

Me: Your height?

Kyungie: Yeah.

Me: You gotta try it, though.

Kyungie: Nah. I wanna try soccer. Well...table soccer at least. My legs aren't that strong to kick balls.

Me: Your hands are fast enough to slice vegies and other stuff.

Kyungie: What are you suggesting?

Me: You could use it to your advantage in shooting hoops.

Kyungie: Believe me, ge. Basketball is not for Jung Xiu.

Me: Haoba. Let's try the table soccer.

Kyungie: If I beat you, would you allow me to drink one more glass of wine?

Me: That's not for me to decide, you know.

Kyungie: You don't have to tell papa.

Me: Alright.

 

So yeah. He played table soccer with me. And he won first round. Bummer. We had at least three rounds of table soccer when he announced he'd wanna go to the racecars. He reminded me that I owed him one glass of wine. I just nodded and chuckled. I went to the basketball game. They were still playing it because Kris and Tao had the same score. Baek was on Tao's side, while Chanyeol was cheering for Li Shang.

 

I went to stand in between the two and they got distracted. Kris puffed and elbowed me. I laughed and dodged his arm. Tao tried to kick me, but I stepped aside just in time.

 

Kris: You made me miss that last shot, Mulan. What the...?

Me: Hmm?

Tao: Lu ge... I hate you.

Me: Thank you, Tao-ya.

Tao: I was about to win orz.

Me: So, who won?

Kris: No one. I was gonna win, but you jinxed it. Tchhh...

 

I picked up a basketball and made one shot. It went through the hoop.

 

Yes!

 

Me: I won. Hahaha.

 

 

 


 

It was Friday noon. We were in the plane bound for London. The rest of the family must have gone back home already. They saw us off as we walked through the gates for the London flight.

 

The week that was came swimming in my mind.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai's birthday dinner was memorable, because each of their moms did a videocall after we sang them a happy birthday. They were not expecting it, so it came off as a surprise. Although it was a bit awkward, because mama was there, the videocall was rather sweet. Kyungsoo was almost in tears when his eomma told him that she missed him, even if he spent Christmas with her. Everyone was quiet at the dinner table when his eomma gave her wishes to Kyungie. It was a little different with Kai's mom. She sounded a bit awkward when she told him that she was proud of him as her son, and that she was happy that even if she was immature as a mom, he still loves her.

 

Xiao Yi was on the verge of tears the whole time. If not for Chanyeol patting her back, she'd have burst into tears already.

 

Little sister can be too emotional if she wanted to.

 

Anyway, I'm just glad she didn't cry when they saw us off earlier. She did look a bit sad, but she held on. She just asked us to promise to be back soon and to take care.

 

Little sister was the sweetest thing on earth.

 

But she can be the meanest sometimes, too. She had slapped Chen's hand away as he tried to pinch her cheeks. She even growled a little.

 

Little wolf girl. Hahaha.

 

"What are you smiling at?"

 

Kris had nudged me by the shoulder. He was beside me on the plane. I was seated by the window. Papa was near the isle and Xiumin was beside him and Kris.

 

Me: Just thinking of little sister.

Kris: What about that stone age meimei?

Me: She's a silent killer.

Kris: I know right. She tried to bite me earlier.

Me: Oh?

Kris: Yeah. Hahaha.

Me: You just love annoying her, don't you?

Kris: Of course. Who else would I annoy? Suho was far away from me and Kyungsoo was talking to papa.

Xiumin: What are you talking about?

Kris: Stone age meimei.

Xiumin: She bit you earlier, right?

Kris: Not really. Her teeth just grazed my arm. Hahaha.

Me: You should stop annoying her with that stone age thing.

Kris: What should I annoy her with, then?

Me: I don't know. Think of something else? Pfffftt..

Xiumin: I've started calling her Rottweiler.

Me: Why?

Xiumin: Hahaha. Because of Jungkook.

Me: Elaborate juseyo. Hahahah.

Xiumin: Rottweiler's drool so much, and you know how she looks at Jungkook.

Me: Hahahahaha. She's gonna want to kill you, instead of bite you.

Kris: I think she meant to bite you, not me?

Xiumin: Well...

Kris: Dammit.

Xiumin: Hahahahaha..

Me: Maybe we should sleep? We have a long way to go before we touchdown.

 

Papa was sleeping on his seat. We were travelling business class. Sweet.

 

We had taken off. The flight attendant had finished the routine safety demo.

 

I drew the window shade down and leaned back. I put on my sunglasses and closed my eyes. I placed a finger to my lips to tell the other two to not disturb me. Then before I went to sleep, I plugged in my earphones and switched my iPod on to play nonstop classical music.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

We arrived in London Heathrow airport after about ten and a half hours. There was a seven hour difference between Beijing and London. We left Beijing around eleven o'clock at noon. When we stepped out of the Heathrow airport, it was just as if we haven't traveled. It was around twelve or one in the afternoon here.

 

Papa led us out from the terminal building. He had called one of the Car for Hire establishments in the area and waited until the attendant arrived. When the car arrived, papa talked with the attendant first and we got in the car. Before going to our hotel, papa had to make a stop at the car rental building to settle the contract and verified his account.

 

Then it was another hour going to Beckenham.

 

Papa drove the car and all we did was ooh'd and aah'd at the scenery as we passed by them. He had turned the GPS on and spoke that we wanted to get to the Clarion Croydon in Beckenham.

 

Kris: Now, you gotta start learning how to speak English.

Me: Oh yeah...

Xiumin: Let's make a deal. No speaking in Chinese or Korean while we are here?

Kris: Deal.

Me: You're lucky because you've lived in Canada before moving with us.

Kris: I can teach you.

Papa: I would take that deal. I could use some English while we're here.

Kris: What would we do if someone speaks Chinese or Korean?

Papa: He'll be the one who'll be our spokesperson for the day.

Kris: Deal.

Xiumin: Uh...deal?

Me: Bring it on.

 

I had to muster up my courage to say that in English.

 

I need me to watch those Harry Potter movies again. Damn!

 

*takes out phone and checks for wifi*

 

Me: Pa...my wifi's not working.

Papa: Try restarting your phone. Oh, might as well set up an alternate time for our stay here.

Me: Wo mingbai.

 

I turned off my phone and restarted it. I had made sure that my internet roaming was set on my phone. I needed to download those Harry Potter movies ASAP. Kris looked at my phone. He was sitting behind me, as I was on the passenger seat in front.

 

Kris: Hahahaha. What are you doing?

Me: Shut up.

Kris: Downloading Harry Potter? Hahahahaha.

Xiumin: Wingardium leviosa!

Me: Shut up, Hermione. Hahahaha.

Xiumin: Why am I Hermione?

Me: Your name sounds like her name.

Kris: And you are Ron? PMSL.

Me: Yeah, Harry.

Papa: Boys, we're passing by the river Thames.

 

And true enough, we could see the river on the left side of the street. We fell silent for a while as we watched the river. The weather was cold, even if we were inside the heated car, we could still feel the chilly air outside. There were still a few snowfalls in London, and the road was still covered in a blanket of white. The whole place looked like those from Christmas cards.

 

Xiumin: I think I'm gonna enjoy my three years here.

Kris: Me too.

Me: I third the motion.

Papa: You're here to study. Not for a vacation.

 

The three of us just looked at each other before we chorused.

 

"Yes, papa."

 



 

The three oldies and papa Wu are in London. They will be there for five days as Xiumin, Luhan and Kris finalize their university enrollment. I chose Beckenham, London just because I found a house that the Wus would love to live in. Hehehe. Also, based on my research, University of Greenwich had the courses that the three oldies were going to take. I hope you liked this chapter with Luhan's POV. → ♥♥♥ 我爱你们! 吴爱你们!♥♥♥ 

And as always, if I forgot something, I'll just update in the story feed.  >_<