Moving

Th13teen

 

Sunday.

One day before we moved to the rented house. I woke up earlier than usual. Maybe I was excited. Or maybe I was dreading that day. It was going to be a very busy day. All about packing up and making sure we didn't forget any important stuff. Especially school stuff. Actually, all of us had been packing little by little over the last week. So today, it would be more of like re-checking our stuff and putting them in the container vans that papa had hire, so they'd bring it over to the other house. 

Mama was in Sehun's room. She was helping them sort out the suitcases and other carry on items that Sehun and the other boys in that room. Kris ge and Chanyeol were heaving a big suitcase down the stairs. It was probably Kris ge's shoe collection. I chuckled. I followed them downstairs. I guess they have already eaten breakfast. Or not. I saw the househelp just preparing the breakfast table. Papa had just come in the front door with Xiumin. There were plastic boxes and suitcases on the floor just under the stairs. I guess the older boys had already brought their stuff down. As I reached the groundfloor, I heard Tao shout, "Bombs away!" And 2 backpacks went crashing down the floor.

Papa: Be careful, Zitao. You almost hit your sister.

Tao: Duibuqi papa.

Me: Why did you throw your stuff?

Tao: Nothing breakable in them. Just my cap collection.

Me: Why did I hear something breaking from inside?

Tao: Wha-? Wait... Could it be my... Whoaaaaaaaa!!!

And he ran downstairs to check on the backpacks now lying on the floor. He bent to pick them up one by one and opened to check what was inside. He sighed in relief as he confirmed that the bags contained his cap collection, and the one that caused a crash-like sound was just the bag tag that dangled from one of the zippers.

 

Tao: I thought it was the backpack where I put my phone and lappy in. 

Kris: You should check what's inside before you just throw them away.

Tao: Sure, sure.

And with that, he went back up the stairs to get some more stuff. I went to sit at the kitchen counter while picking up a toasted bread from one of the plates. I could smell bacon and eggs in the frying pan. The usual breakfast then. But I saw pancakes on the table. I got up and went to the table. No one was there yet, and I suddenly felt hungry as I got a whiff of the pancakes in front of me.

 

Me: Anyone wants to have breakfast with me?

Chanyeol: Oh yeah. Breakfast. I forgot.

And he walked towards the table. Kris followed him and sat at the table. Papa and Xiumin were talking about something, but I couldn't hear them. Papa then called out for everyone to have breakfast first before continuing with the work ahead.

Mama and Sehun went down the stairs together. Suho, Baekhyun and Tao made the rear. Lay and Chen appeared shortly, each with a suitcase being pulled down the stairs. Kyungsoo appeared from the downstairs bathroom. Kai and Luhan came in through the front door. They probably had brought their stuff outside already. I think I was the only one who hasn't brought out my stuff. LOL. I needed help in carrying all those stuff in my room, anyway. I could use the help of 12 knight in shining armors. I smiled to myself. Luhan saw me and looked at me suspiciously. I played oblivious and straihgtened my hair as I prepared to get my share of pancakes. He kept eyeing me suspiciously while we ate. Papa discussed the schedule for the day.

 

Papa: Alright. The mover vans are already outside. Once they are full, they'd be sending the stuff to the house. I will need three of you to be stationed at the new house. Xiumin, Suho and Lay. You go with the first batch and stay there to supervise every unloading, understood?

Xiumin: Yes, pa.

Suho: Understood.

Lay: Uhm...

Xiumin: Just say yes *in a whisper*

Lay: Yes, papa.

Papa: Meihao de. Luhan... 

Luha: Yes pa?

Papa: I will need you and Kris to stay here while I go with each load. You will help mama to supervise while we deliver our things.

Luhan: I understand, papa. You can count on me.

Kris: Yes, boss.

Suho: *cough*

Kris: You might wanna drink meds, Snow White.

Suho: Why...you...?

Papa: No time for arguing, boys. Today's business is all about moving our stuff. I don't want to hear any arguing or bickering.

Kris/Suho: Sorry papa.

Papa: Good. Baekhyun.

Baek: Oh dear god.. yes, pa?

Papa: You will come with me.

Baek: Oh my god....

Papa: What?

Baek: I mean...y..yes, papa. I will come with you.

 

Lay was laughing silently in his seat. I could see him shake with laughter. I bet he was relieved that papa chose Baek to stay with him and he, Lay, to stay with Xiumin and Suho. He mouthed a congratulations to Baek, when the latter noticed him laughing. Baek glared at him, but Lay just smiled sweetly, showing off his dimples.

Sehun: Papa, what are we supposed to do?

Papa: Make sure your stuff are ready to be picked up.

Sehun: Do I stay here, or...?

Papa: You come with us on the second batch. You, Tao, Kai and Soo. 

Tao: Okay papa.

Papa: Chanyeol, you and Chen stay here with your mama and Xiao Yi. You will go on the last batch with Luhan and Kris.

Chan/Chen: Nae, arraseo papa.

 

It was like that the rest of breakfast. Mama was silently nodding and fussing over Tao and Sehun as they picked that time to act like toddlers. I ate my breakfast silently. I wanted to be a good girl the rest of the day. I didn't want to be a problem, because I knew it could get annoying if I were to start acting like a spoiled brat.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After breakfast, Suho got a text message from JIn asking if they could be of any help while we move. Suho had told him that it was okay. He'd just text him back if we needed extra help. Luhan made a verbal comment that it was okay if it was only Jin or him and J who'd come to help, not including his younger brothers. Talk about paranoid deer. Suho ignored him, though. LOL. Xiumin, Suho and Lay had emptied their respective rooms of their stuff. Lay carefully carried his keyboards inside a cushioned box. Any musical instruments that the boys had, were stored carefully in boxes. Those went in the van first, along with the bog box of skateboards and Xiumin, Lay, Suho and Baekhyun's stuff. The other van included papa, mama's my stuff and most of the kitchen stuff and other appliances.

While we wait for the vans to return, I helped carry the not so heavy boxes outside. Luhan and Kris were heading the process, because papa and Baekhyun were the ones supervising the vans. Mama instructed the 2 househelps who were there, that once the mover vans return, they should go with them so they can help with unloading and arranging the things in the new house.

Kris kept going up and down the stairs checking their room. He wanted to make sure he did not forget anything. Tao had come up with him to check as well. Kai was on the phone with his eomma. She wanted to come and help out, but she had a photoshoot. Kai was relieved actually. He couldn't say it loud, but he still hasn't gotten over the last time that his mom was here and it got all awkward when our mom saw MK. Kai was awkward with mama for a few days, after that. But mama had told him that he didn't do anything wrong, so he should stop being awkward.

The new house was 30 minutes away from our current home. Well, only maybe because they still had to unload our things. So, more or less, it was 20-30 minutes away from our home, depending on how fast or slow they had to unload the stuff. When papa and Baekhyun returned with the movers, Tao, Kai and Sehun all ran outside to meet them. The house was almost empty, by the way, save for the furniture. At least 5 men from the movers company helped carry out our stuff and arranged them inside the container vans. 

As Suho, Xiumin and Lay were already at the new house, it was 2 cars short in the garage. Papa drove the Sienna with Baekhyun while escorting the vans. The cars left in the garage were Luhan's, Kris', the Odyssey and papa's car. The last batch would mean, Luhan driving his car, Kris his car, Mama driving the Odyssey, papa the Sienna... and who will drive his car? Baekhyun. Yes. I guess papa forced himself to trust Baek to drive HIS car. LOL. I imagined Baek sweating in pressure.

As the second batch of us went with the mover vans, there were only a few of us left in the almost empty house. The househelp gone, mama had made one last round in the whole house. Luhan and Kris went to load their cars with the remaining stuff. The Odyssey already had at least 3 boxful of stuff at the back. Chanyeol plugged in his earphones and started rapping to the music he was listening to. He say outside the house, by the door. Chen went with mama checking every room in the house. The reconstruction of the house would start the next day, right away. So I guess we won't be staying here tonight. We were a day early moving to the new house. So, I guess we won't have to be absent for school on Monday.

When papa returned with Baekhyun, he gave him the car keys to his Audi. Baekhyun froze and shook his head. Luhan and Kris snickered behind him. The movers loaded the remaining stuff into the 2 container vans. Mama went to get the Odyssey and I followed her. Chen and Yo oppa would be riding with Kris. Luhan would be alone. LOL. 

 

Papa: Would you rather drive the Sienna?

Baek: Oh my god, noooo.

Papa: Time for you to learn to drive alone. Be careful with my car, mind you.

And he threw the keys to Baek, who had no choice but to catch it. He pouted and made the sign of the cross. LOL.

 

Papa: You follow me, okay? Luhan, you drive behind Baek.

Luhan: Yes, papa.

Kris: Baekhyun finally grows up. Congrats, didi.

Baek: I can do this.

Luhan/Kris: Just don't crash papa's car.

The gate was locked and we were all inside the cars. Papa led the convoy, followed by Baekhyun, then Luhan, then the 2 vans, mama and me, and bringing up the rear was Kris with Chanyeol and Chen. It was only about 15-20 minutes ride going to the house. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The new house had 3 floors, because the floor space was not as big as our old place. The groundfloor included the living, laundry room, dining and kitchen area. The kitchen came with a walk-in pantry and cold room, a.k.a. fridge area (as Tao puts it). The first floor featured the media/entertainment room, study/office, and 2 bedrooms. On the second floor, five bedrooms, three of which have their own bathrooms. There was a four car garage. The other cars would have to be parked inside the yard. There was also a swimming pool in the backyard

There were 7 bedrooms. Of course, mama and papa would have one room for themselves, and I would have a room for myself. That left the boys to share the five other rooms. So arrangements have been made. Because Xiumin, Suho and Lay were first to explore the house, they decided to share one room. The others discussed among themselves who to share the room with. And in the end, this was how the arrangement was: 

Xiumin, Lay, Suho (the first to explore the house)
Kris, Tao, Baek (couldn't get over their room in the old house)
Sehun, Soo (because they simply refused to share with Chen or Kai)
Chan, Chen (conspiracy)
Kai, Luhan (because no one wanted to share the room with Luhan xD)

 

Papa had requested for the property owner to provide the Home Security System installation. He wanted to make sure the house was safe when we moved in. And as we unpacked and explored the house while arranging which stuff had to be placed where, papa checked the security system.

Most of the stuff that belonged to my brothers were being dragged here and there, each to his assigned room. I had to drag some of my things, too. The men from the movers had to help with fixing the furniture in the house. Most of it were our clothes cabinets. The built-in closets were filled with clothes at once, too. There were still boxes and suitcases unopened and scattered all over the floor of each room in the house. Mama had unpacked the most important things like the kitchenware and dining stuff. Lay and Soo left their room to help mama with the chores. The househelp were busy unpacking and arranging the other stuff. Papa, done with checking the security system and satisfied with the results, he called the oldest boys and instructed them about how to work the new system. He would be leaving on Tuesday with mama, to Hong Kong and be back just in time for Chen's birthday.

Papa reminded Baekhyun to make his first purchase with his card soon. Baek was still hesitant to use his card and the older boys were of no help, because they were teasing him about finally having a credit card with his name on it. Lay gege didn't join with the teasing, because he said that he might be picked on later, too. He just made a purchase with his card last Friday at the cafeteria in school. His classmates had asked him to treat them out, but he refused. He didn't want to incur a large bill at the end of the month.

Papa: I would appreciate it if you kids do not stay out late after school while me and your mama are in Hong Kong. This is a new house and new neighborhood. I don't want any of you to be involved in any trouble. I trust you to take care of your younger siblings. Luhan... Xiumin... Kris... Suho... Lay... Baekhyun...

All of the older boys nodded in agreement. Papa continued giving out instructions. I felt hungry at that time. Since the house was still in total chaos because of the things not yet properly arranged, papa had suggested we o out to eat lunch again. The househelp and movers were given lunch breaks too. Kai and Baekhyun wanted pasta again. Sehun disagreed. He had enough of pasta for the last week, he said. He wanted Japanese food. Papa just nodded and herded us all out the door and into the cars. We were in three cars this time. Papa allowed Luhan to drive his own car, just in case he'd be called in a meeting and needed to use one of the cars. Xiumin drove the Sienna and Papa the Odyssey. I chose to ride with Lu ge. Tao and Yo oppa went in the backseat too.

Papa led the 3 car convoy to a Japanese restaurant. Sehun beamed as he saw where papa decided to have lunch. Soo and Lay started walking side by side and talking about Japanese food and probably making some for Chen's birthday party. Chen heard them talking about it and went to join them, as we walked toward the entrance of the restaurant.

 

Baekhyun: I don't really like Japanese food. Ugh

Sehun: Go eat somewhere, then.

Baek: You should be left here alone, eating Japanese food. We all want pasta.

Kai: Yeah.

Sehun: You two go away.

Kai: Thehun is angwy

Sehun: You are bullying me again

Baek: Who? Me? Did I say anything?

Sehun: You just said something.

Baek: Mmmm...

Sehun: Go away.

Baek: No

Sehun: Go away or I'll tell mama

Mama heard them, and cleared as she walked behind the two who were bickering. I was behind mama, holding on to Yo oppa's hand as he swung it to and fro. Kai stepped back quickly, avoiding mama's wrath. Baekhyun elbowed Sehun, and Sehun slapped his arm.

 

Mama: Baixian! Sehun!

And the  two of them stopped. But I could see Baek ge's eyes glancing mockingly at Sehun. Sehun moved away from Baek and went to walk with Lay and the others.

Once inside the restaurant, we thumbed through the menu and chose our food. I was not much of a fan of Japanese food, but I had my favorites, though. I chose beef teriyaki and gyoza. The boys chose their favorites too. Sehun had fun choosing which food he wanted to eat. He was extremely happy, I didn't know why. But I guessed he was happy because papa decided to have lunch here instead of having Italian food. He kind of felt it was an accomplishment having papa's approval.

People who were in the restaurant recognized papa and greeted him. Some made small talk about the Thailand resorts and asked when papa will announce the grand opening of the resorts. There were other familiar faces in the restaurant too. As it was Sunday, it was family day. I saw schoolmates with their families. Some of their faces were familiar because I saw them around in school. I didn't actually know their names, but as they probably knew ours, they smiled and I smiled in return.

I overheard one girl say to her mother, "That one wearing the white shirt and black cargos is Luhan. That one wearing the colored stripe shirt and jeans is Sehun." She was probably telling her mom she was able to tell Luhan and Sehun apart. Although Luhan was oldest, Sehun was tall for his age, so when he was standing beside Luhan, they were the same height. The girl's mom just nodded. I thought they were discussing that mistaken identity news the other day.

Which reminded me, in that news, papa was quoted to have said something about resorting to legal action in case another rumor was reported. I would like to believe that the Dong family would stop bothering our family. If they wanted to do business with papa or Mr. Soo Kui, they should start behaving like respectable people, right? I didn't know a lot about running a business. Heck, I was only 13 years old, but I know for sure that stalking and spreading rumors are not good when you want to get into the good graces of your prospective business partners.

I must have looked so serious and angry, because someone nudged me. It was Suho ge who was seated on my right. I stared at him blankly and he automatically held out his hand and felt my forehead.

Suho: You look sick. Are you alright?

Me: Uh...yes gege. I am okay.

Suho: Thinking hard?

Me: Yep.

Suho: Can you tell me what is it about?

Me: Just something about the Dongs.

Suho: Qin'ai, just don't mind them. You're too young to get stressed over them.

Me: They make my blood boil, gege.

Tao: Who?

He was eavesdropping. He was seated on my other side. The others heard him and listened intently. Papa noticed and asked what was the matter. I was suddenly in the limelight. I was not expecting it. I sank deeper into my seat and dropped my gaze.

 

Me: Just thinking papa.

Papa: About?

Me: About the Dongs?

Papa: Xiao Yi, don't bother thinking about them. This is what I'm talking about. Tsk, tsk. If what they're doing leaves a psychological effect on you...I would have to file a case against them.

Mama: Relax, dear.

Papa: How can anyone relax if you see the bad effect of what these people are doing? Your daughter is stressed. Nobody should feel stressed because of them.

Mama: I'm going to get a migraine.

Papa: Haoba. Let's talk about this at home. Finish your food.

Everyone seemed to stop eating when papa asked me what I was thinking. Everyone wanted to listen to little sister. That time, I felt I was not one of the boys, but their one and only little sister. It made me feel special...and awkward. They were all concerned about me. But I didn't want them to worry, so I didn't voice out my thoughts. It just so happened that I couldn't control my face. OTL. I scratched my head and started to pull my hair. Luhan, who was seated across me, was staring. I slowly placed my hands on either side of the table and smiled at him. He narrowed his eyes. I knew he wasn't fooled by my smile.

Crap!

 



Soooo, the Wu family has moved to the new house. Well, temporary house, that is. Reconstruction of their new home will start right away. Being in the new house without their parents for the next few days means: Lay and Baekhyun will finally be delegated responsibilities. I'd like to see Baekhyun be given the chance to drive to school. ^_^  And, Xiao Yi feeling special. Awww... I just love them all. ♥♥♥  I feel great today, because of Tao's recent IG post. LOL. It's the one where he had on his facemask and went: "A oh". Like damn! So hot. I felt I would faint. Good thing I didn't. xD Anyway, thank you for subscribing! 吴爱你们!我爱你们!(Wu Ai Nimen! Wo Ai Nimen!)