Clarifications

Th13teen

 

4 PM.

I woke up from my nap.

I went out of my room and slowly went down the stairs. The house was silent. I wondered where the people were. I saw the househelp preparing something on the table. I went to check it out. She had put a big bowl of spaghetti and was now grating cheese on the kitchen counter. She greeted me "Good afternoon, young miss." I just smiled and nodded. I didn't bother asking where my brothers were. I heard voices coming from the backyard, so I walked to the door and peeked outside. 

Luhan was sitting on the edge of the pool and talking to a swimming Kris. Tao and Sehun were silently slapping each others arms. Sehun was reading a manga comic book while Tao was trying to take it away from him, so Sehun kept slapping his arm away and Tao retaliating with the same action. Chen and Suho were on the other side of the pool, their feet dipped in the water while making hand gestures, as if they were imagining invisible party buntings above the pool. Oh, maybe they were discussing the birthday party plans.

It was odd though. Because no one looked worried or angry. I was expecting a gloomy afternoon because of the recent Facebook post by Ah-Zi. I shrugged and went back inside the house. I didn't disturb their conversations. If they knew about the post, it was probably nothing. But then again, did they know?

As I went back inside, I met Xiumin oppa on his way to the back door. He looked normal. He even smiled and ruffled my hair as he passed by me. I ducked my head automatically, but he was still able to ruffle my hair.

I went to sitting at the dining table and staring at the still untouched bowl of spaghetti. "Whoever requested for spaghetti was not hungry, because if he was, he'd be here now." I wondered out loud. But I kinda spoke too soon. At that moment, Lay and Soo oppa appeared  from the direction of the front door. Looks like they went out to buy garlic bread sticks. Lay ge sighed loudly and sank on one of the chairs at the table. Soo was carrying the paper bag full of bread sticks. He placed it carefully on the table and sat beside Lay.

Soo: I'm starving. Let's eat.

Me: You requested for pasta?

Soo: Actually, it was Kai and Baekhyun.

Me: Where are they?

Lay: We left them at the mini grocer's.

Me: Why?

Lay: Still undecided whether to buy sour cream and onion dip.

Soo: I couldn't make one, we have no more ingredients.

Lay: I forgot to tell you. Heheh.

Soo: Never mind. I'm sure mama Wu will ask Lu ge to do grocery tomorrow.

Lay: I'm just glad we're excused for a day at school.

Me: What excuse?

Lay: You forget, mei-baobei. We are moving out on Monday.

Me: Oohhh. But why Monday?

Lay: Ask papa. I think he doesn't have any other available time, because he's expected to oversee the additional constructions in Thailand.

Soo: For the resort?

Lay: Yes.

Me: Are you doing something for the resort?

Lay: Nope.

Me: I thought papa delegated some work for you.

Lay: No, he didn't...yet. But he has been hinting I help Luhan with suggesting some stuff for the website.

Soo: I thought papa removed Lu ge from the team?

Lay: That was temporary...He's reinstated... Oh, hey! I almost forgot I was hungry, too. Let's eat. 

 

And he got up and went to the sink to wash his hands. Soo and I followed suit. As Lay sat back at the table, he asked the househelp to call the other boys. Chanyeol was upstairs sleeping, Suho had said when they went back inside the house. The househelp went to wake him up. Kai and Baekhyun arrived a few minutes after we started eating. They were arguing about something. 

Kai: I told you not to pick that brand. I told you...

Baek: Why not? If you don't wanna eat it, I will.

Kai: You and your food choices. Ughh! It was only a few Renminbi's more.

Baek: Hey, it's my money.

Kai: You could've just swiped your credit card.

Baek: No way I'm gonna use that card.

 

Xiumin acted as referee between the two and he asked what the matter was. Baek had explained that they went out to buy the garlic bread sticks at the mini grocery nearby. And they wanted to buy the sour cream and onion ready-made dip. Since Lay and Soo left them at the store and Baek didn't bring enough money with him, he ended up buying the brand that was cheaper. Kai was complaining that the particular brand that Baek bought didn't taste yummy. He also added that if Baek just used his card to pay for the dip, they'd get the one that was better.

Xiumin: Enough of this bickering. We'll do grocery shopping later, then. It's time for grocery shopping anyway.

Luhan: If you won't use that card, Baek, it's gonna get blocked soon.

Baek: And why is that?

Luhan: Well, if you try to use it in the future, the bank will block it, because it's been quite some time that you haven't used it since it was issued. Better make small purchases now, before papa takes it back.

Baek: I doubt papa will take it back.

Kris: Do not say things like that. Papa took my card once, because I simply refused to use it for grocery.

Suho: I didn't know about that.

Kris: Well, now you know.

Luhan: So, that was the time when papa told me to use my card for that week when it was your turn?

Kris: Uh-huh.

Suho: Wow. You were deprived of money?

Kris: Shut up, Snow White.

Xiumin: Here we go again.

Suho: Can you imagine Kris ge begging on the streets? Hahaha

Chen/Chanyeol: In fact, yes.

Kris: I hate you, guys.

Chen/Chanyeol: Same here, hyung.

Kris: ...so much.

 

I just shook my head. Whenever I was with my brothers, it was either riot, complete mayhem or fun. But I'm not complaining. I'm just stating the obvious. LOL. I was actually waiting for any one of them to raise up the subject of the new Facebook post. I was kinda surprised that none of them seemed to know. So, I mustered up my courage and asked.

Me: Uhmm... Have you all seen that new Facebook post from Ah-Zi?

Lay: What post?

Me: Uhm... I think you better check it out.

Luhan: Is it about Sehun again?

Me: Yes and no.

With that ambiguous answer from me, Luhan took out his phone and checked his Facebook. He creased his forehead as he thumbed through the search results. Chen, who was beside him and peeking over his shoulder, pointed at Luhan's notifications.

 

Chen: I think you should check from there. Someone might have tagged you?

Luhan: Oh yeah.

The others were also checking Facebook. Tao found it first and read the post aloud. After he read it, Luhan just smirked and brushed his hair that fell in front of his eyes. Kris and Xiumin seemed to know about it, and laughed. Suho and Lay looked at each other. They seemed to know about it, too. The rest of us all looked at Luhan questioningly and stared. Luhan felt uneasy and cleared his throat.

Luhan: I have no girlfriend, if that's what you wanted to know.

Chanyeol: Maybe a boyfriend?

Luhan: I will kill you later, Chanyeol. Remind me of that. Let me explain first.

Chanyeol: Guys, you heard him. You are witnesses to the crime that will be. If papa asks who murdered me, you can be witnesses.

Lay: I abstain.

Chanyeol: I hate you, hyung.

Lay: Thank you.

Suho: Shhhhhh...

Luhan: Yes, I was on a date. But not with my girlfriend. She was the one who won the soccer match quiz last term. Prize was to go on a date with any one from the soccer team. She picked me, so we went out for lunch.

Baek: How come we didn't know it?

Xiumin: That quiz was sponsored by the seniors, Baek. Held on the other campus. You guys wouldn't have heard about it, because it wasn't announced in the school bulleting. Just a quiz for fun.

Baek: Weird. Seniors can do such things like that and not need approval by the management.

Kris: It was approved. Duh. Just not a big enough event to be announced. It was only open for incoming seniors. But this Dingdong girl posting it on SNS is just making it a big deal. She's digging a hole for herself.

Luhan: I'm not going to even comment on that post.

Soo: Are you going to leave it like that, hyung? What if people start harrassing us in school because of that?

Luhan: Don't worry. The senior class will take care of that.

Xiumin: You are an officer of the senior class, Luhan.

Luhan: You, too.

Suho: Actually, all three of you.

Kris: I'm not.

Suho: Sure, mister president.

Kris: I resign.

Xiumin: Denied. You are not in front of the council.

Kris: Remind me on Monday.

Luhan: You wish.

Kris: Nothing bad about wishing, ya know.

Luhan: Sure, Captain Shang.

Kris: Mulan.

Luhan: Krissicles.

Kris: I hate you.

Luhan: I know.

Sehun: So, aren't you going to do anything about that post? You're just going to exchange Disney names with each other?

Suho: Leave it to mister president.

Kris: I'll report her to Mark Zuckerberg. LOLz

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the end, Luhan and Kris clarified the post by posting an explanation on their respective accounts. The whole senior class also attested to Luhan's explanation and even posted videos and pictures of the quiz that was held last term. Again, Dong Zi failed in whatever she was trying to do. If she was trying to put us down, she had a major problem. But I was thankful that my brothers didn't act immaturely in handling the situation. Although, during the 6 o'clock news, Sehun and Luhan's faces were briefly shown as a reporter gave her report about recent events.

 

As was the trending topic earlier in local social media scene, real estate magnate Wu Zun Xiansheng's sons were caught in a "mistaken identity" case. Dong Li Zhen's daughter had apparently mistaken Wu Zun's eldest son to be the youngest when she saw him at the gas station. Adult viewers might ask what's the relevance in making this in the 6 o'clock news? 
We all know that Wu Zun is a prominent business figure and had just ventured into the hotel and resort business. If his youngest son, who hasn't gotten a driver's license, could be allowed to drive unsupervised, do you think they are given leeway because they are privileged? But as the case, it was a mistaken identity. We will not be naming the kids as one of them is underaged. 
This should serve as a lesson to both parents and the youth today. For the parents, I think this is time for you to monitor your children; what they do and where they go. The issue is not only about allowing your kids to drive without license, but making sure your children understand the importance of not spreading false stories. Now, for the youth, it's high time that you avoid posting just about anything on your social networking accounts. Especially rumors like this. If you are not sure or you don't have enough evidence, don't post it. If you are concerned about something, ask the help of your parents before doing something drastic.
We have tried to reach Wu Zun Xiansheng to get a statement, and we were able to receive a text message from his assistant. Wu Xiansheng had said that he already clarified everything with his eldest son and advised him. He just wishes that nothing of this sort will happen again. He also added, and I quote: "If false stories like this happen in the future, I will not hesitate to resort to legal action," end of quote.

 

Our parents were not home yet when the news broadcasted. But since the news team was able to get a statement from papa, it meant that he already was aware that it was going to be aired.

Luhan turned off the TV just after that report. Suho and Xiumin were instructing the househelp regarding dinner. The other boys were upstairs packing their stuff. It would be havoc the next day when everyone of us will be busy packing up our stuff so we'd be able to finish before we move out to the temporary home. There wasn't much to pack actually, because even if we had lots of stuff, they were neatly stored in closets and cabinets. The movers would just need to carefully stack them in the container van as they help us move out the necessary things we needed to bring to the new house.

I went upstairs to survey my room. I'm gonna miss this place, I said to myself. But then again, it wasn't forever. I would just be getting it back after a few months. Papa had said that the target date when the house would be fully reconstructed was on February or early March of the next year. That meant spending Christmas and New Year at the temporary home. Anyway, it wouldn't be much of a big deal because all of us will be celebrating it together. 

I took out my suitcase and threw in my essentials. No need for me to put stuff in big boxes, because most of my things were neatly stored in my closet and cabinet. I wondered about the boys. Especially Kris ge's room he shared with Tao and Baek. They have lots of stuff. I knew that. I guess papa would have to send their stuff to the new house first, because I imagined it would fill the container van. LOL.

I think I did a good job in packing my stuff before Sehun knocked on my door announcing that dinner was served. We went downstairs together. We ate while discussing Chen's birthday party plans. Once papa and mama arrive, Luhan would be giving papa the finalized plan. Chen had wanted the party to be held sun-up to sun-down, because if it was held in the afternoon going evening, it was possible that papa would not approve. And he added that a pool party should be done when there was sunlight. We couldn't hold it on the beach, so there'd be no beach volleyball. Tao and Kai already drafted the rules for their Amazing Race game. They also listed Pin the Tail on the Monkey (not donkey LOL), Pool Basketball, and Bring Me. They didn't list down much because they chose to put more effort on the Amazing Race.

After dinner, everyone seemed to focus on the task at hand: packing stuff. The househelp took care of clearing the dinner table and washing the dishes. Each one of us went to our respective rooms. It was almost 8 PM and the house hustled and bustled with us either going up or down the stairs and to the laundry room or to the fridge. Tomorrow, the real deal would happen. Papa had called the movers to send 2 container vans for our stuff to be delivered on Sunday. On Monday, most of the furniture would be sent to a storage suite, as our family finally moves to the rented house.

It was 10 PM when our parents arrived home. Luhan, Suho and Chen immediately went out to meet papa and to tell him of the party plan. Papa called them to his office and they had a "closed-door meeting." LOL. Mama went up to check on us and how we were doing. When she saw us packing our stuff, she nodded and told us not to stay up late. We still had tomorrow to finish packing. She stayed for a bit in Tao's room. I bet she was helping them fold their clothes and packing them neatly in their suitcases. I heard Sehun asking mama for help as well. Then I heard Tao saying "No." Hahaha. I bet he would also have pushed Sehun out the door had mama not been there. xD

After I was satisfied with the way I packed my things, I went to Tao's room to say goodnight to mama. And true enough, mama was the one arranging his clothes in his suitcase. Kris ge was sprawled on his bed, headphones on and playing on his PSP. Apparently, he was done packing. Baekhyun was talking to mama nonstop about what things he needed to put in his suitcase and what things he best leave in the closet...etc...etc... Mama answered his questions calmly. I knocked on the door and Sehun opened it. He was still inside the room making no noise. Probably just waiting until mama finished helping Tao so he can ask mama to help him. I said goodnight to mama and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Then I poked Kris ge's and said goodnight to him. He jerked as I poked him. He was oblivious to what was happening around him, obviously. When he saw it was me, he made a face at me and as he had long arms, he pushed me away from him. Mama, Tao and Sehun said goodnight. Baekhyun told me off for "disrupting" his conversation with mama. I just smiled at him and he finally said goodnight. Baek gege was a little y sometimes. Especially when he wanted all attention to himself.

Able to say goodnight to mama, I went back to my room to sleep. I wasn't that exhausted, but I wanted to sleep early so I'd wake up early the next morning, ready to finish packing. I sank to my bed and hugged my pillow. It was nice being able to stretch out and relax. I reached for my phone which I placed on top of my bedside table. I switched it to vibrate mode. I wanted to sleep peacefully. I didn't wanna be disturbed by Facebook rumors made by the Dongs. With that thought and out of a whim, I went to check my Facebook account. So far, there were no other trivial posts. There were notifications on friend requests and comment replies to my posts.

4 friend requests.

Min Namjoon, Min Taehyung, Kim Jungkook, Kim Jimin.

What was Jimin and Namjoon have to do with me? I accepted their friend request anyway. As soon as I accepted the friend requests, I received 3 new requests, Jin, J and Yoon Gi. It turned out that Suho had asked Yoon Gi and Jin to add our Facebook accounts, so they can help us out with filming the MV surprise for Chen. Suho ge had created a chat group on Facebook and said that it was safer to hold the discussion on Facebook than send text messages.

I closed my eyes. 

Buzz! Buzz!

That was a private chat notification.

"Thank you for accepting my friend request. I will be able to sleep well tonight. Goodnight Xiao Yi. xD"

That was Taehyung. I was about to reply him when my phone buzzed again. This time, it was a text message.

"This puppy would like to say goodnight to its master. Woof woof! *puppy emoji*"

And that was Jungkook.

I could not reply either of them. I got so high that I guess I was knocked down I couldn't raise any finger to even press one letter. I gave up attempting to send a reply to either of them, and I turned off my phone. I chuckled to myself, thinking, "You are so lame, Xiao Yi. You can't even say goodnight to either of them."

*Lights off*

 



Kinda sort of a lame chapter, neh? xD

Not to make a very long A.N., I wanted this to be a double update, but I got time constraints. It's summer vacation, but I still have chores to do. Bummer. I'm also heartbroken over the reports about some so-called Kris fans bashing Tao on Weibo and Baidu. I've read some of their comments, and I didn't like it. I think they're just too much. And now, there are Tao fans that are blaming Kris for these people's actions. I like both Tao and Kris, and I don't want to take sides. I just don't feel that either parties are treating the situation maturely. I think you know about Tao's recent IG post taken of him in Qingdao wearing white shoes...etc.. Urghh. I don't wanna say anything more. It just frustrates me. I feel so heartbroken.

I'd like to say thank you for the new subscribers and the comments, though. It makes my day and inspires me to write better. 吴爱你们!我爱你们!(Wu Ai Nimen! Wo Ai Nimen!)