Saturday Babies

Th13teen

 

 

"Kai! Your phone is ringing."

"Can you please answer it? I'm just gonna be a minute longer here."

"Okay!"

 

Luhan picked up Kai's phone and answered it. MK had allowed Kai to stay the weekend at home. He was excited to be back home after staying for only 2 days with his mom. But now, MK was calling Kai. She probably missed her son and wanted him back with her. 

 

Luhan: Kai's still in the bathroom, MK.... Okay... Yes, alright.... Yes... Okay... Bye.... Kai! Your eomma wants you back tonight.

Kai:  I don't wanna... 

Luhan: I already put the phone down.

Kai: Lu ge....

Luhan: You call your mom, then.

 

Kai went out from the bathroom and hurried over to Luhan. He got his phone back and dialled his mom's number. He was making faces as he waited for his mom to answer the phone. Luhan shrugged and made his way over to Tao who was falling asleep on the couch. He and Baekhyun were supposed to get ready for their martial arts classes since it was Saturday afternoon. We were done eating lunch and we were either lounging in the living room or out by the pool. I was in the living room couch, stretched out and reading a manga from my tab. Soo oppa was on the other couch, stretched out and was playing with his tab, too. Baek ge went down the stairs, with his backpack on one hand and his face towel on the other. Luhan prodded Tao's shoulders with his finger.

 

Luhan: Tao... Zitao... You will be late if you fall asleep now. Go shower now.

Tao: Hmmm....mmm....

Luhan: Zitao.

Tao: Carry me, ge.

Luhan: What the--?

 

But Tao got up and dragged himself back upstairs to take a bath. Lay ge went down the stairs just as Tao made his way up and bumped with him on the stairs. Tao glared at Lay, but the latter just shrugged and proceeded downstairs. He was humming a song that he probably had composed, because I haven't heard it before. In this house, it was impossible not to know a song, because all of us were into music. Different genres of music, actually. After lunch, Chen had continued with his concert in their room. Chanyeol had joined him, playing the guitar for him. The other boys were out backyard by the swimming pool. Probably swimming or sleeping under the sun.

 

Kai was shaking his head as he pressed the end button on his phone. He kept making faces to himself and grumbling. He then slumped on the armchair nearest me and let himself slide down until he slid down the chair onto the floor. He rested his head on the chair and closed his eyes, then tapped his palms on the floor, chanting, "I don't wanna... I don't wanna... I don't wanna..." 

 

Soo: What don't you wanna?

Kai: I don't wanna spend my weekend with eomma.

Soo: Why not?

Kai: Because I don't wanna.

Soo: Wow. Cool explanation.

Kai: I know right.

Soo: Helpful...tsk.

Kai: She wants me to accompany her to her agency's party tonight. So she wants me to stay with her.

Soo: Give your mom a chance.

Kai: I hate parties.

Soo: ....there are girls.

Kai: Who cares?

Soo: I thought you like girls.

Kai: Of course, chagiya. But I miss my bed here.

Soo: You want me to help you pack your bed?

Kai: Shut up, hyung.

Soo: Okay.

 

I just listened to their exchange of words. I wouldn't call it much of a conversation because neither of them were connecting. LOL. Both of them sounded really bored. I got the feeling that Soo oppa was losing on his game, so he decided to talk to Kai. And Kai was feeling lazy to return to his mom. He just gave the excuse that he missed his bed, but as I see it, he was just lazy to pack his stuff again. Luhan was in the vicinity, as he didn't leave after he prodded Tao to take a bath. Baekhyun was outside, crouching by the door and tying up his shoelaces. Luhan was leaning on the wall, looking out the window like he was waiting for something or someone to appear outside.

 

Papa had retreated to their room to take a nap. Mama hasn't returned from her classes yet. The houselhelp were busy doing chores and sorting the laundry. Tao, finished taking a bath, ran down the stairs to the laundry room with only a towel wrapped on his waist. His hair was still dripping wet. I bet he just got out of the shower and hastily wrapped the towel around him and ran down. He returned from the laundry room with his favorite Zero t-shirt on one hand and walked casually, hair, fingers, and toes dripping wet. Luhan snapped his head toward the wet floor as he probably caught Tao, running past, on his peripheral view. When he saw the wet floor, he called out, "I'm not driving you to your class, Zitao. You're too lazy to dry yourself first before setting your wet foot on the floor." Tao just called back out, "It's okay Lu ge. I'm going to let Kris gege drive me there. Da-jie...can you please mop the floor?"

 

I stiffled a laugh. Tao asking the househelp to mop the floor and calling her "da-jie" sounded cute. LOL. Luhan rolled his eyes and nodded at the girl who immediately got a mop. Luhan then turned to Kai and told him to pack his stuff again.

 

Luhan: Kai, go get your stuff. Your mama is waiting for you, you know.

Kai: I don't want to...

Luhan: Don't be such a baby.

Kai: I'm nottttt...

Luhan: If you're not gonna get up and get your stuff, I'll do it for you and personally take you to your mom.

Kai: Oooo.....kaaaayyyy... Getting up now.

 

And he got up and went straight upstairs to his room to get his stuff. Because Baek wasn't allowed to drive on his own yet, Luhan was supposed to drive him and Tao to their martial arts classes. But because Luhan got annoyed at Tao earlier, Kris was dragged by Tao from the swimming pool and ask him to drive. Kris ge was lounging by the pool and exchanging nonsense talks with Xiumin and Suho. They were probably telling tall tales again, and joking about asking papa for wages. Whenever these three get together, they almost always talk about papa and his money. More like joking about it, actually. LOL. They don't behave like rich kids. They act as if they were some middle-class kids talking about "what if" they were rich. 

 

Kris ge had reluctantly went up the stairs to change his clothes. But he just couldn't say no to Tao. Luhan just stuck his tongue out at Tao as the panda gege grinned triumphantly as Kris came back down the stairs with his car keys in hand. Baekhyun started to ask why Luhan wasn't the one to drive them to class, but stopped as he saw the exchange between the panda and deer gege. He just shook his head and sighed, "Hopeless." Then the three of them, Baek, Tao and Kris went out the door to the garage. Luhan placed his hands on his hips as he looked up the stairs. He was waiting for Kai. Kris walked back to the door and poked his head in and called out, "Kai! Are you done? We're leaving." Kris ge was to drop him off at his mama's apartment, too. Kai appeared on the stairs with his backpack with a frown.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Without Tao and Baekhyun at the house, the older boys joked about giving Baek tips on how to manage his spending with his credit card. We were out backyard again, by the pool, eating sandwiches and lemon juice. The 3 oldest brothers were serious, and it seemed like they were different people. I wasn't used to them being as serious as this. It dawned on me that this would be the last school year that we will be together as 13. The 3 oldest boys would be studying overseas for their secondary studies. Papa had allowed them to get their university degrees in London. They were starting to talk like businessmen. I wasn't used to them using business terms, so I excused myself and went outside. I sat on the grass out front. The sun was shining beautifully that afternoon. I decided to go out and bike around the block. I stood up and went to the garage to get my bike. I parked my bike by the gate and went to the back to ask permission.

 

Me: Ge, I'm going biking around the block.

Chanyeol: I'm going with you... Wait up...

Luhan: Yeah, me too. Wait up.

 

I puffed my cheeks. OTL. If I wasn't mistaken, they just wanted to guard me from the inevitable chance of me bumping into Jungkook, as he just lived 2 blocks away from us. Even if I specified that I was only confined to our block, my older brothers just wanted to be with me. Okay. I know it. I asked if there were other volunteers. Kris ge shook his head, said that Luhan and Chanyeol were enough as my chaperone. Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny, gege. Not. I started to get annoyed, but didn't show it. Otherwise, I'd be scolded and not allowed to go out at all. I wanted to enjoy the sun so much, so I shut my mouth and followed Lulu and Yo oppa to the front. They got their bikes and opened the gate.

 

Well, nothing exciting happened as we biked around the blocked. We met a few neighbors who were either walking their dog or out turning their sprinklers on. Some houses didn't have a gate, some had higher gates than ours, and some had wide lawns and no gate. As we made our way back to our house, we saw Kris and the others outside the gate. They were sitting on the grass outside the gate. Chen had a guitar and strumming away as the others were singing. They had opened the gate wide. We stopped in front of them and asked what they were doing outside. Xiumin oppa just shrugged and sang along with Chen's guitar strumming. From the corner of my eye, I saw papa approaching us. He had his car keys on his hand and putting his wallet on his back pocket. He called to Luhan, who got off his bike, parked it hastily on the sidewalk and jogged over to papa.

 

Papa: You kids bored or something?

Luhan: Looks like it, pa.

Papa: Wanna go watch a movie?

Luhan: Now?

Papa: Yes. Go get the boys ready.

Luhan: Okay.

 

And he smiled. Papa was in a really good mood today. Lulu called us back inside and told us. Papa was leaning on his car and chuckling. All of us went back inside the house to change clothes. We got out of the house chattering happily. Papa took the van out and had Xiumin drive the other. We climbed into the cars. Papa had said that mama would meet us at the theater after her class, so we can have dinner together. Only Kai wouldn't be able to come. Mama would be picking up Tao and Baek. Sehun sat in the front seat and kept bugging papa about buying bubble tea for movie snacks. Papa jokingly shook his head and replyin with, "No, only babies drink bubbletea at the movies." 

 

Sehun: I don't believe you, papa.

Papa: If you want proof, wait til we get to the theater.

Sehun: Paaaaaaa....

Papa: No.

Sehun: Please, please, please...

Papa: Your brothers might want something else.

Sehun: Let them, but bubbletea for me, please.

Papa: I should wean you from bubbletea.

 

It was sort of a miracle that papa didn't get annoyed by Sehun's constant bugging. Suho and Luhan just exchanged knowing looks. There was something fishy. I just knew it. They won't look at each other like that if they didn't know something. I wished Tao gege was here. He would've been able to catch something from these two. I think papa was acting weird and too nice. A bit unusual, actually

 

Anyway, we arrived at the theater in just 20 minutes. It wasn't that far from our house. The theater was just beside one of the malls in the area. Papa and Xiumin parked the cars in the basement parking. We got out and trooped to the theater lobby. Papa asked us to pick the movie we wanted to watch. The oldies decided on watching the newest Transformes movie. As papa and Luhan paid for our tickets, we waited by the movie's entrance. Papa and Luhan returned with the tickets. The other boys went off to buy snacks and bubbletea for baby Sehun. LOL. When they returned, some people were with them. I didn't think it was coincidence, but then again, I don't remember anyone inviting them to watch the movie with us.

 

I saw seven boys behind Kris, Chen and Chanyeol. With their fathers. Mr. Kim and Mr. Min approached to greet papa. Jimin and JK were all smiles as they saw us. They even did a high five with Sehun. Yoon Gi Namjoon, and Taehyung got into a fist bump with Suho. Jin just smiled and nodded his head once to ackowledge us. It was J who eased the tension. For Luhan, Kris and Chanyeol was looking at JK and Taehyung with squinted eyes.

 

J: Movie party, party yo!

Sehun: It's just a movie, hyung. Not party.

J: Who says we can't have party while watching a movie?

Soo: Do not attempt to contradict Sehun, hyung.

J: Oh.. Oh.. Right. My bad. Peace yo.

 

I shifted my eyes to where Lay and Jin were beside each other. No one was talking, but there was no tension between them. It just looked like they were immersed in each of their own world. I noticed that Jin oppa was somehow kinda like Lay ge. Silent but deadly. He looked like he was the nicest being on earth, but you also know that if and when he was provoked, he could flare up and explode like the most powerful atomic or nuclear bomb ever created. Lay ge was spacing out. His look was far away, but he was mouthing something. He was singing softly with eyes oblivious to what was happening around him. In the same way that Jin was scanning the surroundings and finally fixing his eyes on a spot. I didn't know what he was looking at, but he seemed to take an interest at it, for he tilted his head and squinted his eyes. I didn't turned to look at what he was looking at. It would've been rude if I did.

 

Papa had invited the Kims and Mins, apparently. We waited for a few minutes for mama, Tao and Baek before going inside the theater. The Kim and Min moms were not around. Mrs. Kim decided to stay home and Mrs. Min was still in her office. The movie was to start in 30 minutes when mama arrived. Tao and Baekhyun behind her. For some reason, the 2 looked like overgrown babies to me. LOL. What was wrong with my eyes today? Both Tao and Baek wore snapback caps and had sunglasses on. Both had their backpacks slung over one arm and both had lollipops in their mouths. Ah...That was it. The lollipops made them look like babies. OTL. Both of them sweeped their eyes from left to right, like they were synchronized. They were taking in the scene. Probably wondering why there were more than 10 kids with papa, not including Kai of course.

 

When they saw the Kim and Min boys, their lips turned up into a wide smile. Then they walked faster toward us and greeted us all. Mama went to papa's side right away. Greetings done, papa, mama and the 2 other adults headed the group inside the theater. I was being sandwiched by Chanyeol and Kris as we walked inside to look for a vacant seat. The theater was dark and product ads were showing. As we were ushered to our seat by an attendant, I saw JK and his brothers sit right in front of us. I was seated beside Kris and Chanyeol. JK sat in his chair as stiff as a board. I bet he was conscious who sat behind him. Jimin and J was on either side of him. J was joking with Soo who sat beside Kris. I fixed my eyes on the back of JK's head. I hid a smile. If the theater was bright, I knew I would be blushing. I fought the urge to poke JK's head. Who knows what Kris or Yo oppa might do to him...or me. LOL.

 

As the movie trailers ended, I caught JK swiftly turn his head to see who sat behind him. I was betting he knew, and as soon as he was sure it was me, he did a side smile and bowed his head. He was smiling to himself. I knew it. I leaned back and smiled to myself. Kris ge cleared his throat loudly. Soo oppa punched his arm. Beside Soo was Suho ge. He leaned toward Kris and Soo shifted in his seat. If there was no armrest, he would've been squished. Suho and Kris exchanged a whisper about something. I didn't bother eavesdropping, but Kris ge suddenly craned his neck up front. There were 3 girls who went to sit 2 rows from JK's row. Kris then nudged Chanyeol from behind me. His arms were too long, so he was able to snake his arm to poke Yo oppa.

 

Kris: Chagiya.

Chan: What?

Kris: Uh...Chagiya...?

Chan: What did you call me?

Kris: Duh???

Chan: Chagi--oooohhh.. Chagiyaaaaa...

 

And I understood. Since Suho ge were classmates with Song Qian, Chagiya's older sister, he recognized her when she entered the theater with her sister and another girl. Apparently, he already told the other boys who were beside him. I stole a glance at Soo, who was trying to look uninterested. With the faint light of the theater screen, I could see him moving his eyes sideways to Kris and shifting uneasily on his seat.

 

Kris: Baby Kyungie finally saw his Chagiya in person.

 

The rest of the boys who heard him laughed a little too loudly for the other people to hear. Soo cowered in his seat and pulled the hood of his jacket down to his face. I looked around for papa and mama. The boys started to talk a little loudly and I was sure papa would be imposing his law any minute now. I was not mistaken. Papa was seated to the right of the Kim brothers. He shushed the boys. Everyone kept silent then. The movie was starting. I tried to focus on the screen, but the head in front of me kept stealing my attention. I let myself be defeated by that head. I stared at JK's head in front of me while daydreaming of his smile. I felt a finger poke the top of my head. I turned around.

 

Taehyung: Hi, Xiao Yi. I didn't get to say hi earlier.

Me: H-hi...

Taehyung: Our first movie date. *chuckles*

 

Good timing, Min Taehyung. Very good. Now my focus wasn't just in front of me. I was conscious of another entity behind me. I wished I was a transformer that moment. I wanted to transform into a red velvet theater chair so nobody would see me blushing. I would just camouflage with the red velvet. I could feel Kris and Chanyeol turning their heads to glare at Taehyung as I closed my eyes, hoping to vanish right then and there.

 


 

 

A short chapter, this is like Hello Gold Card: Side B. Heheh. ^_^ Thank you for the 16 current subs and 2 upvotes. It inspires me to make this story better. 我没什么可说的除感谢你们。(I have nothing to say, but thank you all) ♥♥♥ I've been listening to Just One Day a whole lot, so I had to insert a Jungkook-XiaoYi-Taehyung moment. LOL xD