The Orchestrator

Th13teen

 

 

HIS POV

 

 

This should be easy. He has not failed yet. Well, the last time was not really a failure. He made it so, so that the ones who are concerned would panic. They didn't know what he was going to do next. They didn't even know he was the one doing it.

 

He laughed.

 

This second one, he was going to make sure to get him and not just leave him somewhere. What would they think when they find out that their precious kid was missing?

 

He wanted to play.

 

It had been a long time since he was able to play like this. But he didn't really want to do this. However, the recent developments and current circumstances were making him do this. He was not really ruthless. As a consolation, he doesn't kill. He merely detains his victims until the other party gave him what he wanted. And he wanted something so bad. Oh, so bad.

 

Actually, he wanted it all. And for him to get it all, he had to do this. He would be taking their children one by one. And for the last part, he'd orchestrate a grand finale with his own flesh and blood.

 

Blood relations were dear to him. Of course, he wouldn't hurt the kid. He'd just use him to get what he wanted.

 

So far, his plan was working. By the looks of it, the people concerned were panicking. Kim Jaejoong even hired personal security for his children. He didn't need to be concerned about that. He was on to the next kid.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

He stepped out of the hotel and got in the car. He took out his gloves and wore them. He had to be careful. He didn't want to leave any of his prints just anywhere. He had hired three henchmen to do his bidding. They were the same people who stole Jin's car and made it look like he was kidnapped and in Chaoyang.

 

His henchmen would be meeting him somewhere in Haidian, near the British International School. FIS students would be there for the basketball match and swimming competition.

 

Ah, he should have planned for two abductions today. But his resources and time were just enough for one. He had just arrived from a legit business meeting.

 

Just the swim team for today.

 

He arrived in Haidian and met with the three hired men. He gave them the instructions.

 

He would be waiting at a small restaurant just a few meters from the school, while his men was on the ready to snatch the kid as soon as he got out of the school.

 

But it was not an easy task.

 

He saw that after the match, students were filing outside the BIS gate in their cars going in different directions. Then he spotted them. He immediately called his men to give them a heads up that their target was moving.

 

"Follow them," he instructed. He waited for a bit until he received a confirmation call from one of his men that their target was on the way back to FIS.

 

"Better." He smiled uncannily. Well, he was not known to have a gentle smile.

 

He then paid his tab at the restaurant and got in his car.

 

He was going to FIS.

 

He stopped about a block away from the school. His men had parked their car about a few feet away from him and he received another call from them.

 

"Boss. Do we go in or-?"

 

"We wait for a few minutes, then we go in."

 

But they didn't have to wait long. A car came slowly out of the FIS gate. There was only one person in the car. He couldn't see the face of the person on the driver's seat because of the headlight's reflection. But it was him. His target for the day.

 

He called his men and told them to follow the car.

 

It was going to be easy.

 

Why did the kid make it so easy for him to come get him?

 

Kids these days.

 

His men called and told him that the kid went to an ATM and got cash. The kid was now on the way to a gas station. He told his men to keep following the kid. And after the kid gassed up, to intercept him and once they had him, to blindfold him.

 

"Yes, boss."

 

"I'll be waiting at the corner of Wanliu West road in Haidian. Bring the kid there. With the blindfolds on. Understood?"

 

"Arasseo."

 

Mission two almost accomplished.

 

He laughed by himself before he drove off toward Haidian again and on to the corner of Wanliu West road.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Boss, we're on our way."

 

"You got the kid?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Very well. I'm waiting."

 

"About fifteen minutes, boss."

 

"Find a detour."

 

"Can't. Checkpoint, sir."

 

"Oh. Alright."

 

Hahahahahahaha! The smell of victory.

 

He waited impatiently. He couldn't wait to be able to question the kid before he detained him somewhere far, far away.

 

Twenty minutes later, he saw the car. Two cars, actually. One was the kid's and the other, his men's.

 

They stopped in front of his car. He got out and walked over to the kid's car.

 

He chose this corner of the road because there were no houses, just a clump of trees and a narrow road going to the Changchun bridge.

 

One of his men was driving the kid's car. He peered through the backseat window and saw that the kid was lying on the seat with his hands tied at the back and had a blindfold on. They had also wrapped a handkerchief around the kid's head, over his mouth, so he couldn't shout for help.

 

He asked his goon to get out the driver's seat and to go sit at the back with the kid. He himself sat on the driver's seat and ran a hand over the steering wheel before he looked at the rearview mirror and watched as the kid struggled to sit down as the goon helped him.

 

Him: So, how are you today, young man?

Kid: Who are you? What do you want from me?

Him: I need you to answer some questions for me.

Kid: Why?

Him: Do you want to live?

Kid: W-Y-yes.

Him: Good.

Kid: *gulps*

Him: Let's start with...where is your brother?

Kid: Huh?

Him: I knew you heard me.

Kid: What brother?

Him: Your younger brother. Or should I say, younger brothers?

Kid: I...I don't have any.

Him: Are you sure about that?

Kid: Y-yes.

Him: You don't sound like you're sure.

Kid: Wh-why?

Him: I want to know where they are. Because I need them, too.

Kid: Need? What do you need me for?

Him: Ah-ah. It is not for you to know. You are merely here to answer my questions. And probably be my bait.

Kid: Don't hurt my family.

Him: Ah, if you will behave, I won't "hurt" them.

Kid: Who are you? Why are you doing this? Did you do this to Kim Seok Jin too?

Him: Intelligent kid. Your father was wise in choosing a school for you, neh?

Kid: Y-you-you are Korean?

Him: Too much information, son. Aren't you?

Kid: Please. Let me go. I'll not tell anyone. Just let me go home.

Him: Why would I? I still have a few more questions, young man.

Kid: Please don't kill me. Please, sir.

Him: Did you leave your brothers in school?

Kid: No. I told you, I don't have a brother.

Him: I saw you with your brothers as you entered the school earlier.

Kid: Those are my teammates.

Him: You dare lie to me?

Kid: No. Sir, please. I'm not lying.

 

The kid was sobbing. He had to laugh a mirthless laugh.

 

He observed the kid from the rearview mirror. He didn't dare risk to turn his head around to get a good look at the kid.

 

The kid looked a little taller than he expected. And a little built. He was expecting him to be a bit on the lanky side and not taller than what he was seeing now. And his Chinese was good. How long has it been since they arrived in China?

 

Well, FIS was a good school. If the kid was taking up Chinese classes, he'd be good at conversational Chinese already within three months. Didn't he study Chinese for just over four months himself? And he had been a good student when he was the kid's age.

 

Him: Your younger brother, does he have a girlfriend?

Kid: I told you I have no brother. I am an only child.

Him: But I heard differently, though. You have two younger brothers. And your youngest brother...has...a sort of girlfriend. Am I right?

Kid: No. I don't know what you are talking about. Let me go or I'll scream!

Him: No one would hear you. There's a subway underneath us and all they'll hear is the train moving fast like a bullet.

Kid: Please. I told you the truth.

 

The kid was crying now. But why was he determined and insistent that he was an only child. He had to get his younger brother next. His younger brother was one major player in his plan. If he can't get that kid, he'll have to get Kim Jaejoong's other son. But he'd have to plan for that course of action. He pressed some buttons on the kid's car stereo. He needed music to be able to think clearly. He didn't wanna slap this kid just to get a satisfactory answer from him. As much as possible, he didn't wanna physically hurt his abductees. His little game was more of a psychological one.

 

He wanted his enemies to go crazy with worry and at the end give in to what he wanted. And they didn't need to know it was him who was doing all these. If his plan went smoothly...rather, when his plan goes smoothly, he won't have to tell anyone what to do anymore. They'll just voluntarily give him everything he wanted. And needed.

 

He settled for a music station on the car stereo. It was playing a reggae song.

 

A feel-good song.

 

Bob Marley.

 

And some other new group.

 

Turn Your Lights Down Low.

 

Weren't this group called The Fugees? Or was it just the girl? Who was she again?

 

Lauryn Hill.

 

The hell he cared. He laughed it off and thought of a better plan. He told the guy at the back to cover the kid's mouth once again. The two other men on the other car served as the lookout.

 

He was lucky.

 

Nobody even came close to this road tonight. It was as if this night was made for him. He smiled all the while as he thought of his next course of plan. The kid was still crying and tried to wriggle his way out of the goon's grasp.

 

"Tie him well." Was his instruction.

 

The goon got some duct tape and wound a good deal of it around the kid's wrists and ankles.

 

Then he went on to think about his plan.

 

He had to get the kid to follow his order to get his younger brothers. He needed the youngest for his plan. If the kid followed him, he didn't need to take another hostage.

 

Kim Jaejoong was wise. He was not expecting him to hire a security for his children right away. He had planned to get his youngest as his next hostage, but because of the real estate businessman's wise move, he had to go to plan B.

 

He surveyed the road outside.

 

Not one car passed by.

 

If he let the kid scream, no one would hear him. But he didn't dare take the risk. He waited for a little while more before he let his goon remove the gag on the kid and ask him another question.

 

He let the current song finish.

 

The Only One.

 

This was the reggae band called Big Mountain, right?

 

He liked this band. He listened to this band when he was a little younger.

 

It doesn't matter now. He had a lot of time to enjoy things like this once he got all that he wanted. This time, it was business first.

 

Monkey business.

 

Illegal as it may seem, he was just following the desires of his heart.

 

He didn't care about the others. In the first place, everything was supposed to have been his. From the start, it was all his.

 

If not for the little brat.

 

But before the little brat, everything was his.

 

"Your time will come, brat. For now, let me enjoy this luxury that is rightfully mine."

 

He cleared his throat and ran his hand along the steering wheel again. The kid had taste in cars. This was a good car. He wanted to keep it for himself. But he didn't have to, when his plan was successful.

 

He gestured to his goon to remove the gag from the kid's mouth again. The kid spat right in the face of the goon. The good slapped him hard. He had to turn his head around and slap the goon.

 

"We never hit our hostages. Do that again and I'll kill you."

 

The good nodded and apologized.

 

Scums of Beijing. They agreed to do his dirty work for him right away. Money was everything. He was able to buy these men and asked them to do his bidding for some amount of money. Well, it's the way and life of the rich and privileged. Money can buy anything...and anyone.

 

He rubbed his temples. He felt stressed all of a sudden. After tonight, he wanted to lie down on his soft bed and sleep. He'd have to take some sleeping pills so he'd get a good night's sleep. He still had jet lag and he had to do this "work." He should have rested first and carried on the plan the next day.

 

But there won't be a good chance to have gotten the kid the next day than tonight. So he brushed off his jet lag for a while and went through with his plan.

 

He looked at the kid from the rearview mirror as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

 

Him: We're going to get your brothers.

Kid: I don't have a brother!

Him: We are going back to that school of yours and wait for them. You are going to call them and tell them to come out and go home.

Kid: How many times do I have to tell you, I don't have a brother?

Him: How about you call them right now and tell them to wait for you outside the gate?

Kid: I. Don't. Have. Any. Brother!

Him: You are starting to get on my nerves. I have been too patient for you. I am considering on changing my mind about not hitting my hostages. Do you hear me?

 

His tone of voice had changed. He was getting angry. This kid was too much to handle. He was not expecting him to be as hardheaded as he was now.

 

It was not as easy as he thought it would be.

 

He slammed his fist on the dashboard that made the kid cringe and go silent.

 

Him: Answer me truthfully.

 

The kid just nodded.

 

Him: Are you trying to protect your brothers by lying?

Kid: No...s-sir.

Him: Then why are you making it hard for me by not telling me exactly what I needed to know?

Kid: I'm n-not ly-lying sir.

Him: Really?

Kid: Yes, s-sir.

Him: Alright, then. If you say you don't have a brother, or brothers, tell me what's your name.

Kid: W-wo shi..D-d-da Dong L-li.

Him: Shenme? What?

Kid: My name is Da Dong Li, s-sir. Son of Da Cui Meng.

Him: What the ?!

 

And he slammed his fist on the dashboard again. He shouted out expletives. He got out of the driver's seat and called his henchmen to him. The one at the backseat hurriedly gagged up the kid again and got out of the car. He slammed the door shut after he got out.

 

As soon as the three of them stood in front of him, he slapped them hard one by one.

 

"Qu ni de! Tama de! Bendan! Cao ni zuzong shiba dai! You stupid people!"

 

He learned Chinese well. He was able to cuss in Mandarin effectively, because the men cowered and bowed their heads.

 

"I told you who we were kidnapping, right? Right?!?! What happened? Why did you bring the wrong kid??!"

 

"Boss...it's his car."

 

"Oh, and you didn't bother to check if it was really him? Stupid! We got the wrong kid, didn't you know?"

 

"But boss, we were just following your orders."

 

"Did my orders say that you could be bendan enough to not notice it's not the right kid?!?! Tama de! Didn't I give you a photo of the kid?!? Bendan! Cao!"

 

"Y-yes, boss."

 

"Drive that kid somewhere else, and leave him in the car. I will deal with all of you when you get back. Call me when you've done what I said."

 

"Y-yes bo-boss. Duibuqi. Mianhaeyo."

 

"I have never failed before and because of you, I would have to think of another plan now. GO! Bring him somewhere else. Not here, not in Chaoyang. Find somewhere else that no one will think of. The police can wonder where he is and look for him. Wipe the car clean of your fingerprints and hair fall. And, do not speak of my name. Not that you know my real name, anyway."

 

He walked over to his car and drove off.

 

It was a good thing that he didn't meet his henchmen at his hotel. He can never be as careful as today. He had to make sure that his identity was safe. The henchmen he got from the scums of Beijing would possibly be stupid enough to talk about him when they are alone, so he gave them a false name.

 

He decided not to go back to his hotel yet. He went to a bar and ordered whiskey.

 

He wanted to sleep well tonight. After all the blunder his men committed. The whiskey would help him fall asleep. As soon as the bartender placed his whiskey glass and bottle on the table, he slammed a bundle of Renminbi on the table, picked up the glass and bottle and strode off into the night, got in his car and drove off, back to his hotel.

 

The bartender just looked at his retreating back and then at the bundle of money on the table, before he counted it, rang the register for the price of the whiskey bottle and glass and pocketed the rest of them.

 

He drank the glass of whiskey bottoms up, before he sped off. He threw the empty glass outside the window of his car and sped off towards his hotel. He had placed the whiskey bottle in his compartment and thought about what happened just a few minutes earlier.

 

Da Dong Li.

 

Tama de!

 

Da Cui Meng. Son of Da Cui Meng. The hotelier. Owner of a chain of hotels in Beijing and Shangai.

 

Wrong kid.

 

Tama de!

 

Bileo meogeul!

 

Min Yoongi. You have to thank your lucky stars for tonight. I don't know what kind of supreme powers helped you today that you escaped you and your brothers' fate. By now, the news would have spread already. It was your car. And tomorrow, Da Dong Li would be found somewhere outside Beijing, probably. Still in your car.

 

If your father is as wise as Kim Jaejoong, he'd know you and your brothers are not safe. Oh, not at all. Not even Jaejoong's kids.

 

Min Kyung-hoon, thank your lucky stars for your children have escaped my plan.

 

I might have messed up today, but never again.

 

Wu Zun, your time has not yet come. I am watching your every move. You have two aces that I need.

 

I just need to polish my new plan.

 

As much as I don't want to, I'm sorry little brat, but I have to use you again.

 

It pains me to think of using you again. But I have no choice. You are my ace.

 

I better play my cards right. If I want to win this game.

 

Soon.

 

I will have everything I want.

 



 

Yoongi escaped his fate by a mere coincidence. We have to thank Da Dong Li for saving him without even meaning to. In this chapter, we take a peek of who the "Orchestrator" is. Do you have any guesses? Hehehe. Double update for you, because I am free today.  → 사랑해요! ♥♥♥ 我愛你們!吴愛你們!

Let us take a moment to admire Jungkook as he wears glasses. Oh, and Jimin's side profile which is distracting just as much as Kookie's puppy face. ^_^