GTR Dude Is Back

Th13teen

 

 

Falling hard. Like the rain.

 

Same here.

 

I was speechless, even though the feeling was mutual. He fixed his gaze above my nose for some reason. I just smiled at him and looked away.

 

Him: You know...whatever you decide in the end...I will...respect it.

 

I could only nod.

 

Him: Do you..do you like Taeyong?

 

I think...so...

 

Him: Ah. No need to say anything. Maybe you're just shy to admit it. I..uh...Just don't forget that I'll always be here for you whenever you need a friend.

 

Assuming.

 

I think he sensed the awkwardness because he suddenly changed the topic.

 

Him: Hey, uhm. Are you going to watch the skateboard championships?

Me: Yes. I am going to watch.

Him: I guess I was lucky enough to be able to get in.

Me: You worked hard practicing, didn't you?

Him: Yeah.

Me: Then, it's not pure luck. It's luck plus hard work. And I believe you deserve it, too.

Him: You think so?

Me: Of course.

Him: Thanks.

Me: Sure, you're welcome.

Him: Kai is really good, though. He got the number two spot at the final eliminations.

Me: Who was number one?

Him: From YSI.

Me: Oh. How about you?

Him: Let's just say that I got enough points to be in the finals. Hahahha.

Me: Okay. I'll know soon enough.

Him: You're gonna ask your Kai oppa?

Me: Yes.

Him: Geez...

 

He picked up the bottlecap from the counter again and rolled it back and forth in between his forefinger and thumb.

 

The rain stopped. Ling Yan was able to return with the supplies. But Jungkook remained where he was seated. Yue and Shanna were walking back from the soccer field. Shanna's dad with them, because he had followed them to watch the soccer match.

 

Ling Yan: Look who we have here! Ni hao!

JK: Annyeong.

Ling Yan: Thanks for keeping Xiao Yi company.

JK: Ah, no biggie.

Ling Yan: You're welcome.

Yue: I thought it wasn't gonna stop raining. Oh... Hi..

JK: Hi.

Yue: Were you here when it rained?

JK: Yup.

Yue: Wow.

Ling Yan: I know right.

Shanna: Are we still going to the senior's campus? Dad can drive us there.

Ling Yan: We have a gentleman with us.

Shanna: Who? Oh...Jungkook...hello.

JK: Hello.

Shanna: Are you coming with us to the senior's campus?

JK: Uhm...

Ling Yan: Yes, he is.

 

No. He wasn't. Because the oldies appeared just a few minutes later. Kris and Luhan looked at Jungkook suspiciously as they walked a little faster toward our booth. Justin Lam had come back as well. It was the end of our shift and another set of our classmates were scheduled.

 

Me: I don't think I'd be going with you. Here are the jail wardens.

Ling Yan: Pffft. You have handsome jail wardens. I'd want to be in prison if I were you.

Me: They're my brothers. Duh.

Ling Yan: I know that.

Yue: So, see you later Xiao Yi?

Me: I guess so.

JK: I'm gonna go ahead too. I just borrowed this umbrella.

Ling Yan: Ah...resourceful, too. Hmmm...

JK: See you later, girls.

 

He stood up. He took the umbrella which he placed on one side and started to walk out the booth.

 

JK: See ya, Yinzi.

Me: Thanks.

JK: Anytime.

 

He smiled for a bit before he walked back to the building, with the umbrella in one hand.

 

Kris: What was he doing here?

Me: Customer.

Kris: You sure?

Me: Gege orz.

Ling Yan: Hi, Kris ge.

Kris: Hello, Xiao Yi's friend.

Ling Yan: My name is Ling Yan.

Kris: Nice to meet you.

Me: You've met her before...gege orz.

Luhan: Forgetful Li Shang?

Kris: I'm not Lay orz.

Luhan: Yeaaaahhh right.

Kris: You're changing the topic.

Luhan: No. I also want to know what he was doing here.

Me: I already told you.

Luhan: Haoba. Papa and mama are going home. Papa needs to rest now. He told me you wanted to come and watch the soccer match later?

Me: Yup. I wasn't able to watch the skateboard eliminations, so I wanna watch your game tonight.

Luhan: Alright then. Your shift is done?

Me: Yes, just done.

Kris: Where are your things?

Me: It's all in here.

 

I patted my sling bag. Kris nodded, looked up and reached his hand out with his palms up to check if there was still rain.

 

Kris: Let's go?

Me: Okay. See you Ling Yan, Shanna, Yue...

 

My friends waved back as I waved to them. Luhan led the way towards the parking lot. Kris walked beside me.

 

When we reached the parking lot, it was Kris' car that was parked there. He unlocked the doors and got in the driver's seat. Luhan opened the door to the backseat and let me in before he climbed in the passenger seat. Kris adjusted the rearview mirror for a second and I saw his eyes looking at me from it. I stuck my tongue at him and he chuckled. Luhan turned his head around and laughed at me.

 

Kris drove the car out the middleschool campus and went directly to the senior campus. I didn't frequent this campus because I didn't have classes in it. I was only able to come here when Luhan decides to check something first before dropping us at our campus.

 

Kris: Papa drove the Sienna back home?

Luhan: Nope. Mama did.

Kris: Oh.

Me: So...where are the others?

Luhan: Chen and Kyungsoo are at the booth with Xiumin. Baek and Chanyeol probably still wandering around.

Kris: Lay and Suho giving out kisses. Hahahahaha.

Me: Zhende ma?

Luhan: No. Don't believe this pabo.

Kris: Who's more pabo, you or me?

Luhan: You.

Kris: I'm a genius orz.

Me: You are both pabo.

Luhan: You didn't just say that...

Me: I just did. Hehehe.

Kris: Gege's heart is broken.

Luhan: My heart is more than broken. It's beyond repair.

Me: You should be actors in a drama.

Luhan: Xiexie ni. I know I have the talent.

Kris: Of course. You are Fa Mulan.

Luhan: Shut up Li Shang. You don't deserve to be called Captain.

Kris: I didn't pick that name?

Luhan: Pshhh...

Me: You still haven't told me where are Tao, Kai and Sehun ge?

Luhan: Oh. They're going back home with mama in the Sienna.

Me: Why?

Luhan: Tao and Kai are grounded. Sehun is probably going to be grounded too.

Kris: You shouldn't say something like "stripping" in front of papa. Or else...

Luhan: I know right. Tsk poor creatures.

Kris: But I think Kai's gonna get it soft. It's his birthday in two days' time.

Luhan: And papa decided an all boys out tomorrow.

Kris: Kyungie's turning sixteen. Yebaaahh!

Me: And I'm going shopping with mama.

Luhan: Zhende ma?

Me: Yes.

Luhan: Tchh... We are going to a wine expo, papa said.

Kris: It actually sounds boring, now that I think about it.

 

This kind of talk went on as he parked the car, us getting out, and walking towards their booth.

 

Chen and Kyungsoo sat on one of the benches that the senior class had set up. Their booth was at the head of what looked like a round mini outdoor theater. They had also set up a big canopy tent over the benches and a widescreen LED TV on one end. Only the senior class would think of setting up an outdoor cinema, complete with red carpet effects at the entrance, although the red carpet was drenched in rainwater now. Lucky for the people under the tent, they weren't rained on. The movie just ended and the people were slowly going out.

 

I sat beside Kyungsoo and leaned on his shoulder. I suddenly felt tired. He poked my nose. I poked his sides and he laughed. He poked my nose again. I elbowed him, but kept my head on his shoulder. Chen reached a hand out and poked my cheek with his forefinger. I acted as if to bite it and he withdrew his finger.

 

Chanyeol and Baek appeared about fifteen minutes later. Baek was counting some paper bills and giving Chanyeol some. Chanyeol looked victorious and he pocketed the money. Baek looked disappointed, like he lost to a bet. And I guessed they placed a bet again over something. Chanyeol then dragged the bench behind us and sat down. He raised both his feet and rested it on the empty space beside me. I patted his legs. He wiggled his legs and snickered.

 

Lay and Suho's booth could be seen from where we were. Yes. The boys were just exaggerating about the kissing thing. They were not even touching the girls who were lined up outside their booth. Lay was actually just sitting down in one corner with his earphones on and singing something. It was Jin and Suho who were at the frontline talking to the girls. I couldn't see Yoongi. Probably he was taking care of his eomma. Their booth had music turned up. They were tuned in to the FIS FM station where Namjoon was the dj.

 

"Alright, alright FIS. It's half past three o'clock in the afternoon. Still DJ Namjoon here y'all. We still got time for some greetings and even confessions. Das right! Confessions."

 

"Ayyooo!"

 

"Forgive my brother, juseyo. It's his first time going on air. So, you know where to reach me for your shout outs and requests. A-hah! I just got a message here...right...right..."

 

"Guest DJ Taehyung! Min Taehyung imnida!"

 

"We speak English on air, didi."

 

"Oh, righteu. Hello! My name is DJ Taehyung. I'm happy to...be a guesteu DJ. Annyeong!"

 

"Shout outs to Go Lei. Your mama is waiting for you at the middleschool parking lot. Wait. This is not a confession...my bad, my bad. This is a public service message. Ah...here it is. Why did you press that thing? I told you to chill...orz. I thought I lost that confession."

 

I could help but snort. Taehyung was guest DJ and Namjoon probably got annoyed because he pressed so many buttons. LOL.

 

"My confession to Kim Seok Jin. Whoaaa... Jin-i hyung, it's for you. The moment I set my eyes on you, I have never looked at another again. I have followed you here at school and I will continue to follow you until you notice me. Oppa... oh, she knows Korean... I'm shy to tell you my name, but if you want to know, let us meet soon."

 

"Hyung. Is there one for me"?

 

"No, didi. Anyway, Jin hyung, if you heard that, she wants to meet with you soon. Where? I don't know, she did not say. But miss, if you want to tell me where you want to meet Jin hyung, you can just send another message. Our FIS message board is open for your update. Ahhhh...we have another confession. Keep it coming my beautiful FIS pengyou-men. Before I read the next confession, let me play this song from S.E.S I'm Your Girl. Dedicated to Kim Seok Jin, from Miss Right. Ah yeah..."

 

And he played the song.

 

I'm your girl.

 

Stay with me...last forever.

 

I could see Jin's blush from where I was sitting.

 

Yep. It was that red.

 

 

 


 

 

FIS soccer team score tied with the opponent school, even after extra time. They had gone into penalties already and still tied. They decided to leave it just like that. That meant that BIS and FIS would still be having a second match in the next month.

 

Luhan and Xiumin had worked their kicks off on that game. I could see the deer gege getting more aggressive with each kick of the ball and even as he passed it on to Xiumin. The baozi oppa looked calmer than Luhan, but he almost dog-piled on a BIS player when he tiried to block his way to the goal.

 

Chanyeol was clapping his hands all throughout the game and standing up every now and then. "Kick him! Kick him! I mean the ball!"

 

Baek pumped his fist when FIS scored a goal and penalty. And in between, he put his hands together near his mouth and sort of recited incantations. LOL. "Abracadabra."

 

Kyungsoo was rather surprisingly loud, too. He shouted everytime he thought he saw the other team cheat. "That is not allowed! Hey! I saw that! Boo! Boo!"

 

Chen was trolling. As usual. He actually had a whistle in his pocket, and when he felt like it, he blew the whistle and tuck it inside his pocket right away. Most of the time, it was during BIS turn to pass the ball. Luhan only shook his head and facepalmed when he found out it was Chen who was blowing the rogue whistle. "I'm not doing anything, Lu ge." Was his only defense. He gave that pokerface expertly.

 

I just followed Chanyeol when he clapped and cheered.

 

Lay. Well, he had a faraway look in his eyes as he watched the game calmly. He clapped once in a while and grinned when his shoulders were hit by Kyungsoo's hand as it flew everywhere when he got annoyed at the other team.

 

Suho and Kris were talking about basketball and height. Yeah. At a soccer match. The dragon gege found this time the best time to annoy him about his height.

 

The game ended after an hour and a half, extra time included.

 

Kinda disappointing because we didn't win. But it was alright as well, since no one won. LOL.

 

Luhan and Xiumin looked sullen when they walked outside the locker room. The rest of the FIS team dragged their feet and were either sighing or scratching their heads. They had expected to win against BIS, but it didn't happen. They had to practice more for their second match.

 

We waited for Luhan and Xiumin outside the locker room. When they saw us, they smiled even with heavy hearts. We walked together to the parking lot. Suho gave out encouraging words to the deer and baozi gege. They just nodded their head and muttered that it was good that papa didn't see the game. It would have been a humiliation if papa saw them play and not win.

 

Suho: OTL. Papa won't think of you as useless if he saw the game. It's just a game. Anyway, no one won. You still have one more chance.

Luhan: We should have won.

Xiumin: Right.

Suho: Just do better the next time, because there is a next time.

Kris: Snow White is right, you now. It's better that there is a next time, rather than have lost and not gotten another chance at it.

Lay: I'm starving. What's for dinner?

Suho: OTL.

Lay: What? I'm only asking.

Suho: Will you react with something connected to soccer?

Lay: Uhm...okay. How about those chocolate football candies?

Luhan: Yeah, let's go buy some. I suddenly feel hungry.

Lay: Thanks Lu ge.

Luhan: You drive. My feet are tired.

Lay: Your car?

Luhan: Yeah. Here.

 

And he threw the keys to Lay who widened his eyes in disbelief. Luhan didn't really allow anyone to drive his car, except for papa or mama when they need to. He unlocked the door and slid in the driver's seat. Xiumin let Baek drive his car, too. He went to sit at the back and slumped. Baek rolled the window down of the driver's seat and looked at us who were climbing in Luhan's car. He grinned widely.

 

Xiumin: Don't crash the car, Baixian. Imma sleep back here. Wake me up when we're home.

Baek: Affirmative.

 

Kris and Chanyeol went to his car. Chen followed and sat at the backseat. The rest of us were with Luhan in the car. Since Suho drove the Sienna earlier, he didn't have his car with him. He sat on the backseat with me and Kyungsoo. Luhan was in the passenger seat.

 

Luhan rolled down his window and told Baek and Kris that we would be dropping by Lo's for the chocolate stuff. The other two nodded and he rolled the window back up. Baek did the same and went on reverse. Lay drove ahead of the two other cars to Lo's.

 

Lay: Lu ge...

Luhan: Hmm?

 

Luhan had closed his eyes and was taking a nap when Lay woke him up. We were just a short way nearing Lo's.

 

Lay: There's that car again.

Luhan: What car?

Lay: The same one that got into trouble a few weeks ago...

Suho: The scary driver?

Lay: Yes.

Suho: Where?

Luhan: Are you sure?

Lay: I've been checking the rearview mirror every now and then. It's been following us.

Luhan: Did you notice when you started to see that car?

Lay: When we got off the fourth block from 2nd avenue.

Suho: I'm calling the police.

Luhan: Okay, do that. Let me call Kris.

 

Kris was the one bringing up the rear. Luhan dialled his number and Kris answered it. Luhan put him in loudspeaker mode.

 

Luhan: You see that GTR behind you?

Kris: Yes. Why?

Luhan: It's been following us since 2nd avenue. And it's the same car that Lay recognized from before.

Kris: *Beep* What should we do?

Luhan: Turning left on the next block, by the police station.

Kris: Does Baekhyun know?

Luhan: No. But he's just gonna follow us. Suho's calling the police now.

Kris: Gotcha.

Chanyeol: I've taken down the plate number. Would you like to have it?

Luhan: Sure. Suho...

Suho: Yes. I have an officer on the line now. Chanyeol, what's the plate number?

Luhan: Lay...turn left there.

Lay: Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Chanyeol: Okay...Black PRC Jing A- BS679. Did you get it?

Suho: Got it. Xiexie.

Chanyeol: Buyong xie.

 

Kyungsoo and I had turned our heads around to look at the car behind. Baek waved at us , oblivious of what was happening. Better not to tell him, otherwise he might panic and cause a car crash. Lay turned left and followed Luhan's instructions. Baek looked confused as he followed our lead, but he shrugged and continued to follow. Kris had honked once at Baek, egging him to go faster. The GTR seemed to be catching up. Suho kept looking left and right to check if another car was coming, specifically a Subaru.

 

Kyungsoo: I don't wanna die yet. It's my birthday tomorrow.

Luhan: We're not gonna die.

Kyungsoo: I feel like I'm gonna die, Lu ge.

Luhan: Relax. Don't panic. We're going to the wine expo with papa tomorrow. Think about that. Happy thoughts.

Kyungsoo: Wine expo? That's not exactly a happy thought.

Suho: Well, that's what papa's definition of happy is.

Kyungsoo: We're celebrating my birthday at a wine expo? With all those businessmen? Are we gonna be wearing coat and tie again? Formal event?

Luhan: One question after another. Argghhhh... Let papa answer you that later.

Kyungsoo: I'd like it better if papa brought us to Phuket.

Luhan: Yeah. Me too. But we can't go there yet.

Kyungsoo: What am I gonna do at a wine expo?

Suho: Meet with upperclass people. Rub elbows with the VIPs and be known all over Beijing. You don't like that?

Kyungsoo: Sounds like...fun.

Luhan: It's better than being chased by a maniac.

Lay: Look on the bright side. Papa might just let you drink tomorrow.

Kyungsoo: I think I'm gonna get drunk tomorrow. Just to forget this happened.

 

As we neared the police station, Luhan told Lay to slow down. The driver of the GTR seemed to have hinted our plan, he automatically drove faster and went directly to the expressway. That would mean he'd be going in one direction only and not able to follow us back.

 

Luhan: Stop here for a while.

Lay: Okay. Okay.

Luhan: Relax orz.

Lay: I am...

 

Baek and Kris also stopped behind us, just a few meters away from the police station. Baek acted to get out from the car, but Luhan opened his door and called out to him not to get out of the car. Baek sat back and shrugged again. He then took his phone out and called Luhan. Luhan answered the phone.

 

Luhan: Just...later. I'll tell you later. Okay. Let's go. Follow us. Yes. Yes. Later.

 

 

 


 

 

We were able to buy the chocolate and other stuff without any problems. There was a police car that went roving our area and when we neared Lo's, the police car stopped as well. Luhan decided to tell papa when we arrived home.

 

Luhan, Suho and Chanyeol were the ones who went inside the store to buy the stuff. The rest of us stayed inside the car.

 

Xiumin was asleep the whole time.

 

He didn't know what happened until we arrived home. He shook his head as we got out from the cars. Kris had closed the gate behind him and locked it.

 

Xiumin: If we got kidnapped, I'd have woken up gagged and tied. OTL.

Luhan: It was for the best.

Xiumin: Why didn't you call?

Kris: Your driver might panic.

Baek: Who? Me?

Kris: Yes, you.

Luhan: You carried on pretty well, Baek.

Baek: Because I didn't know what was happening.

Kris: And if you knew, what would you have done?

Baek: Follow your orders?

Kris: Good boy.

Baek: Why can't you trust me?

Luhan: I trust you. I'm glad you did what you were told to do.

Baek: That was scary, though.

Suho: I think they're connected with the kidnappers?

Baek: Did you get a good look at them?

Lay: I will never forget their faces.

Me: Even the one in the Subaru.

Lay: Yeah, me too. Even that one.

Me: Why would they do this?

Xiumin: I'm still not over the fact that you guys didn't wake me up. I'm mad.

Kris: Fairy godmother is mad. Watch out or you'll be turned into toads.

Xiumin: Shhhhtzzzzzz

 

And he turned the doorknob to the front door.

 

Tao, Kai and Sehun were in the kitchen. Scrubbing pots and pans.

 

Chen snickered as he saw them. He went to sit at the kitchen counter and watched the three. He clicked his tongue as he rested his chin on his palms. Tao and Kai didn't bother to turn around, but Sehun glared at him. Chen just smiled sweetly at him and told him to, "Carry on." Sehun flicked his soapy finger at Chen and smirked when bubbles ended at the top of his head.

 

Chen: Wu Shi Xun!

Sehun: I'm busy.

 

I went upstairs to keep my school things in my room. Luhan and the other oldies went up the stairs murmuring about what had happened and how they should tell papa.

 

Luhan: Baek, you tell papa.

Baek: Why me?

Kris: It's your time to shine.

Baek: I didn't even know what was going on...

Kris: We'll back you up.

Baek: What if papa asked me something and I don't know what to say?

Luhan: We'll back you up, you know.

Baek: Are you sure?

Kris: No one leaves a brother behind. All for one...

Luhan: One for all.

Baek: It sounds like...all fall down.

Luhan: Tchh...Just get on it.

Baek: Okay, okay. Make sure you back me up.

Xiumin: Can't promise you that. I'm as clueless here as you are.

Lay: Can I just keep quiet?

Suho: No. You were the one who saw it first.

Lay: Baek's gonna relay it all to papa anyway.

Luhan: We all say something about it. Let's go.

Baek: Don't push meeee...

 

They had stopped in front of our parents' bedroom door. I went to my room and threw my bag on the floor. Then I went to peek outside as the oldies waited outside papa's door.

 

Baek: Lu ge, you knock.

Luhan: Gahh. You're nearest the door.

Baek: I'm backing out. I'm backing out.

 

Lay stepped forward and knocked on the door.

 

Lay: Okay. Now, I'm gonna keep quiet.

Baek: *deep breath* This is it.

Suho: You can do it, Baixian.

Baek: What? Baixian? What? I didn't do anything?

Suho: Sorry...I'm just getting used to calling you Baixian.

Baek: You make me feel like I'm the baddest one out there when you say my name. You sound just like papa when-

 

And the door opened. Papa appeared on the door.

 

Papa: Yes, Baixian?

Baek: Pa!

Papa: You were saying?

Baek: We have something to report, papa. Important.

Papa: It's important? Haoba. Let's go to my office.

 

And they all followed papa to his office downstairs.

 

"LUHAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!"

 

Sehun's voice echoed through the hall downstairs and being carried upstairs.

 

Instead of Luhan, I heard papa's voice. I tiptoed to the stairs and saw him standing on the top steps with his arms on his waist. Luhan and the other boys were behind him. Kyungsoo, who was already in his room, had gone out and was standing beside Xiumin. Chanyeol who was also in his room had followed me and stood beside me.

 

"If you three don't get your chores done quietly, I'm going to cut off your allowance for the whole month!"

 

"PAPAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! IT'S CHEN HYUUNNGGG!"

 

"ZHONG DA?!? ZHENGZAI FASHENG DE SHIQING!?! What's going on down there?"

 

"Nothing. I'm in the living room, pa."

 

"HE'S PULLED DOWN MY SHORTS WHILE I'M WASHING THESE POTS!"

 

"I did not!"

 

"He did, papa. I saw it."

 

"Tao is lying!"

 

"Hyung. I saw you."

 

"ZHONG DA! ZITAO! ZHONG REN! SHI XUN! BE QUIET OR ELSE! Zhong Da, I'll deal with you later."

 

 

One by one, the boys were getting punished and grounded. Who's next? I looked at Yo oppa and he stepped back.

 

Chanyeol: What?

Me: Who's gonna be next on the ground list?

Chanyeol: Don't look at me. I'm innocent.

Me: Until when?

Chanyeol: Until their punishment is lifted. Hehehehehe.

Me: That's gonna be a long time.

Chanyeol: I know. I don't plan to get grounded for a long time.

Me: Good luck, oppa.

Chanyeol: I'm planning to ask papa if I can go with them to London.

Me: You wish.

Chanyeol: Who knows?

Me: Papa might have already bought the roundtrip tickets. You're not gonna go.

 

He backhugged me and pinched my cheeks.

 

Chanyeol: Squishhyyyyyy.

Me: PAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

 

"What is it this time?"

 

Chanyeol: OTL. You're gonna get me in trouble.

 



GTR  dude is back. And he was following the Wu kids. SCARY. Anyway, Kyungsoo and Kai's birthdays next. The Wus move back to their renovated/reconstructed home. The three oldies and papa Wu goes to London to finalize their college application and looking for a home. It's time for Suho, Lay and Baek to take care of the family. 

I'm not going to say anything here about Luhan leaving EXO. I've put my rant in my blog section. I want to think of happy thoughts. Like replaying D.O's MV remake of S.E.S. "I'm Your Girl". So cuuuuuuuute ♥♥♥  → 我爱你们! 吴爱你们!♥♥♥