Jin, Zhi, or Min?

Th13teen

 

 

That evening, I almost forgot I promised to go on skype with Jungkook. I was ready to go to sleep when I remembered. So I had to get up again and turn my laptop on. When I logged in my skype account, he had sent a couple of messages already. I was the one who initiated the video call. He didn't answer right away. I guessed he fell asleep already. It was almost thirty minutes after nine, and he might have fallen asleep while waiting for me. When he finally answered, he was scratching his nose. LOL. That was random. And when he saw that I was looking right at him, he immediately withdrew his hands and laughed at himself. He disappeared from the side of the screen for a moment and when he came back, he was still chuckling. I wanted to scold him, but I remembered that I already kept him waiting, so I let him have his moment of fun. He apologized after about five minutes of laughing at himself, then he grinned. I had to nod to accept his apology.

 

JK: So, how was your math lessons?

Me: It was good. I think I know the technique now.

JK: He's a good teacher, then.

Me: I learned something.

JK: So he's good.

Me: Well, yeah.

JK: Just say it though.

Me: Are you jealous?

JK: No. No, why would I be?

Me: You sound like you are jealous.

JK: Psshh...

Me: Just say it though.

JK: What if I said I am?

Me: Uhm...

JK: Will you stop talking to him? I don't think that will happen though.

Me: You two should stop trying to outdo each other.

JK: He started it.

Me: You didn't have to, you know...

JK: Okay.

Me: I don't like it, to be honest. It feels like I'm the reason why two people wouldn't be friends.

JK: So, you want me to make friends with him?

Me: Yes. The world would be a better place if there will be two more people who became friends.

JK: *chuckles* Alright. I will try and make friends with him.

Me: That's good.

JK: What if he didn't want to?

Me: Don't worry about that. I'm gonna punch him.

JK: You really have become violent. What did he do to you?

Me: Him? Nothing.

JK: Whenever you're with him, you seem to be just... I don't know... like rebellious or something.

Me: I'm not rebellious.

JK: Okay. As you say.

Me: Geez. I'm still the good girl that I'm supposed to be.

JK: Well, being kick doesn't hurt from time to time. But don't be kick all the time.

Me: Hmm...alright.

JK: Did you miss me?

Me: Huh?

JK: Nothing.

Me: Yeah.

JK: Huh?

Me: Nothing.

 

We exchanged nonsense after that. I was having fun and he was laughing at me. It was nice seeing him smile amidst the current situation. He joked about how Jimin almost got in the wrong car after they stepped out of the airport in Incheon. He was not looking where he was going and he followed a man that had the same coat and carry-on as their appa.

 

I just hoped it wasn't a tactic by the kidnapper.

 

I felt really sleepy at the time and I was not saying coherent things. I think he was also sleepy. I think I fell asleep while still online with him, because when I woke up, my laptop was still on and the battery blinking low. I had perched it on top of my bed and I woke up with my head beside it.

 

I looked at the screen and saw his head beside the keyboard and using his arm as a pillow. Yup. He had fallen asleep as well. I wasn't sure who fell asleep first, but I had a feeling I was the one who fell asleep first.

 

I watched him sleep. Didn't he feel uncomfortable? I could see he was sitting on a chair with his head on the table. I felt a little cramped, so I woke up. But just looking at him sleeping peacefully in that position gave me the thought that he wasn't uncomfortable at all.

 

I poked my finger at his sleeping head.

 

Hahaha.

 

As if he'd feel it.

 

I smiled and whispered goodnight.

 

I placed my laptop on the bedside table and just let the battery drain. I went under the blanket and snuggled. I fell asleep again.

 

 


 

The rest of the week passed by without any bad news. I felt better when I didn't hear any more news of students being kidnapped. So far, the biggest news that week was that one of the eligible politician bachelors was getting married. Not that it mattered to me, but this particular one was famous among the ladies, so it got to headlines.

 

The boys were following this news, to my horror. I didn't know my brothers could be gossips, too. LOL. Well, they were only following the news because as far as Kris was concerned, he could get some tips on how to remain a bachelor until he was twenty five and catch one of the most eligible bachelorettes in town as well. Suho had wanted to follow the story because this particular guy was a graduate of FIS before he pursued his university degree as a lawyer. He was fresh from the bar exams, actually. And he got high marks. Suho secretly wanted to be a lawyer...if papa would allow him. But I guess papa won't disapprove, knowing that being a lawyer has its perks. Xiumin followed the story because he just wanted to update Sohee about the politician's bride. She was a fan of the bride who was a model-enterpreneur. Luhan only followed the story because there was nothing else to follow. He was bored at home. It felt like he wanted to get out to the soccer field and kick some balls. The rest of the younger boys followed the story because the model bride was...well...pretty and drool-worthy.

 

I busied myself with reading my lessons and try balancing on the skateboard on spare time. When the boys were not watching the news to ogle at the video clips of the bride, they were out in the front lawn skating back and forth the driveway to the front door. I joined them sometimes.

 

Kyungsoo tried to skateboard one time and he sort of liked the hang of it, so he ended up borrowing Kai's spare board and followed the driveway route to the front door with the others.

 

Chanyeol: You could have tried out, Kyungie-ya.

Kyungie: And disappoint myself? No way.

Chanyeol: You know the basics, why not practice more?

Kyungie: I'll just disappoint the whole school, too.

Kai: Try next year. We could help you, you know.

Kyungie: Aish, stop it. I won't join. Maybe I'll just do this as a past time.

Sehun: This is more than just a past time, hyung.

Tao: Yeah. This is better than spending your time online with Chagiya.

Chanyeol: He's spending time online with Chagiya?

Tao: Yes.

Kyungie: How did...Zitao?

Tao: I see you like her posts on Instagram all the time, and she does yours too. When you're online on Facebook, she is also online.

Kyungie: Just a coincidence. Pshhh..

Sehun: But I hear you talk to her before going to sleep.

Kyungie: You are unbelievable!

Tao: Do you like her, hyung?

Baek: Does papa know?

Tao: Know what?

Baek: That Kyungie is dating Chagiya online?

Chanyeol: Isn't dating illegal until you're seventeen?

Baek: Yeah. And it's across all platforms, you know.

Chanyeol: Like you can't get away with it, just because you are not seen together outside.

Baek: Exactly. But...we're backing you up, Kyungie.

Tao: Yeah. I won't tell papa.

Sehun: So, cough up. Tell us the real score.

Kai: Are you and Chagiya...you know...like...together?

Kyungie: We're just friends!

 

I had to sneak back inside the house, because I knew that once they start bullying Kyungsoo, I'd be the next. Kyungsoo would find a way to change the topic and start bullying me.

 

I got to the front door just in time. I heard Kyungsoo say something like, "Nothing bad about being friends. It's not like we're getting married."

 

And when marriage was being brought up, these days, it was only either the politician or me that came to mind. Taeyong's recent visit gave the boys more reason to tease me about being married to a business tycoon in the future. Chanyeol had to give me one of his creepy grins and ask me to tell Taeyong to give him half of his week's allowance back. I think he hasn't gotten over that until now. He had to lose because of Taeyong losing to Sehun on that arm wrestling match.

 

I happily slipped past the front door and to the living room. Suho was there, with his laptop open. He was working on something. I guessed papa gave him something to do while classes were suspended. I was expecting the teachers would give us loads of homework while on homeschool for the week, but they didn't. They only gave reading assignments for the next week. So now, Suho was working on something for papa. He had a cup of cafe latte on the table. His brow were creased with intent focus. He was turning pages of paper that were fastened on a clear folder.

 

Most probably, it was from the house construction.

 

I shrugged and didn't bother him. I went to the back door and opened it slightly to check if there were people in the backyard. I saw the three oldies by the pool. Kris was sitting with his back to me and he was sitting on the edge of the pool. Luhan was facing him sideways, wearing sunglasses. Xiumin was in the pool and leaning on the edge with his arms as he raised his head to look at Kris as they talked about something.

 

I stepped outside and walked toward them. I wanted to know what they were talking about. Luhan and Xiumin saw me and they sort of stopped talking as I made my way to them. Kris turned his head around and when he saw me, he grinned. I sat beside him.

 

Kris: Xiao Yi, what can gege do for you?

Me: Can I stay here for a bit?

Kris: Uhm...okay.

Me: What are you talking about?

Luhan: Nothing.

Xiumin: At least, not that you need to know, mei baobei.

Me: I'm no longer a baby...

Xiumin: But you're our baby girl.

Luhan: That's right.

Kris: Actually, we're just talking about London.

Xiumin: Kris...orz.

Me: Why can't I know about London?

Kris: They'd know in the end, anyway.

Luhan: Okay, fine.

Kris: Papa's planning to bring us to London to look for an apartment there, where we'll be staying for the rest of the university terms.

Me: Oh. So...you're leaving soon?

Xiumin: We've just sent our application essays to the universities of our choice and if we get accepted, then we'll leave to get some stuff settled there.

Luhan: Everything should be ready when we graduate.

Kris: Yeah. Wanna come?

Me: When are you planning to leave?

Kris: Two weeks from now.

Luhan: That's still temporary.

 

"What's temporary?"

 

Lay and Chen had appeared behind us. They both were wearing their surfer shorts and had towels on each hand. Chen sat behind us and combed his hair with his fingers. Lay had taken off his shirt and threw it on the nearest garden chair along with his towel. Chen reached out a hand and took Luhan's sunglasses and wore it. He then smiled.

 

Chen: I look good in these. Can I have them, Lu ge?

Luhan: No, you don't look good in it. And no, you can't.

Chen: Orz. Buzz killer.

Lay: What was temporary?

Chen: Yeah, what's that about?

Luhan: The date for when we go to London to find an apartment and stuff.

Lay: Do you have to do that soon?

Kris: Yeah. Because if we didn't, then when the time comes, we'd probably end up sleeping on the streets.

Xiumin: We want somewhere near the schools, so we don't have to travel very far.

Lay: Oh. Right. When are you leaving?

Xiumin: Still temporary, two weeks from now.

Chen: Do you think it's already safe for us to go out by then?

Luhan: I don't know. But it's better if you don't.

Chen: There hasn't been any news of kidnapping the past few days.

Luhan: Not yet. Maybe the person is just biding his or her time.

Lay: Her? You mean it could be a woman?

Kris: Yes. It could be.

Lay: Wow.

Luhan: You seem to forget the witch. Do not underestimate the powers of a witch, you know.

Me: What did Hua Chen need from Jin or Yoongi oppa, though?

Kris: Maybe she wants to blackmail them into marrying her?

Xiumin: Tsk, tsk. Poor girl.

Chen: What if it's not her? Or her family...

Luhan: Then, the more we need to be careful. We don't know who's doing this. It's not wise to go out if not important.

Lay: Papa should just get police protection for us, you know.

Kris: That's too much to ask. Really paranoid.

Lay: Paranoid or not, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Xiumin: Papa has thought about that, actually. And sending us to granpa Wu. Maybe he'll send you guys there when we leave for London.

Chen: What? Grandpa Wu's? Noooo...

Luhan: Would you rather go with the kidnappers than to grandpa?

Chen: I'd rather stay home, actually. You could lock me in my room, I won't complain. Just not grandpa Wu's again.

Kris: Too bad. Papa only had those two options now. And to tell you honestly, he was considering grandpa more than the police protection.

 

Chen shuddered. The three oldies laughed. Lay had jumped in the pool, making a big splash that made me stand up and move back a bit. But too late. I was already wet.

 

Cannonballs.

 

Ugghhhhh!

 

I grabbed Lay's shirt and threw it at him on the water. He just smiled and swam to get his now wet t-shirt. Chen took off the sunglasses and gave them back to Luhan. He then went to the other side, pretended there was a low springboard, and dove from there.

 

Since I was already wet, I went back to sit beside Kris and wiped my face on his shirt. He was startled and acted to get away from me, but I held on to his shirt and smiled at him.

 

Kris: Whoaaa...why did you wipe your face on my shirt?

Me: *shrugs*

Kris: I wasn't the one who splashed water on you orz.

 

And he messed my hair with his fingers. I slapped his hand away. He laughed.

 

"Now, we're even."

 

Grrrrrr....

 

Luhan: You look better with your hair like that, mei baobei.

Kris: Yeah. Au naturelle. Hahaha...

Xiumin: Stone-age Xiao Yi. I wonder if Jungkook or Taeyong likes ancient stuff or people?

Kris: I think they do. They seem to fight over her quite a lot.

Luhan: We should put a sign outside mei baobei's room that reads "cave woman."

Kris: Hahahaha. "Paleolithic era, this way."

Xiumin: Neanderthal woman?

 

The other two in the pool swam back and joined in bully-little-sister-mode.

 

I rolled my eyes as I combed my hair in place with my fingers.

 

Chen: We should buy a bone hairclip for Xiao Yi, ne?

Luhan: Nah, hair like Cruella de Vil is the fashion now. Hahahaha.

Chen: Trendsetter.

Lay: Headlines, "Trendsetter, Wu Yinzi sports new hair a la Cruella de Vil."

Me: I hate you.

Chen: Ouch.

Lay: Being a trendsetter is a big thing, you know.

Kris: Exactly. People follow your style and you'll get more known worldwide.

Luhan: With your cave woman hair, I think it's going to be a hit...hmmm...

Xiumin: Yeah. A hit with the mental patients?

Me: I hate you. You. You. You. And you.

 

I pouted and slapped Kris' shoulders because he was nearest me. I kicked Luhan and he almost fell in the pool. I couldn't do anything to Xiumin, Lay and Chen, because they immediately swam away from my reach.

 

Luhan: Heyyy! I almost fell. OTL.

Kris: Hahahaha. She must really hate you that much, Lu.

Luhan: Don't hate me now...

 

And he broke into a rap song. It sounded like one from Nas. Hate Me Now. LOL. Luhan was rapping all because he almost fell in the pool when I kicked him.

 

I got up again and decided it was time for me to stay away from them. I'll get more than just cave woman, to be honest. And I dared not go back to the front lawn. There were more spawns of bullies out there. I went to the living room and saw that Suho was still in front of his laptop. He was now sitting on the floor and typing away.

 

I sat on the couch behind him. He looked up at me for a moment and greeted me.

 

Suho: Xiao Yi. Done reading your lessons?

Me: Yup.

Suho: You need anything? Snacks? It's lunch in...an hour...

Me: Nope. I'm okay, gege. I'll wait for lunch.

Suho: Okay. I'm doing something for papa. If you need something, just ask, okay?

Me: Okay.

 

And he fell silent again. I saw him flip a couple of pages back and forth, then typed again. It looked like an excel file of some sort. Maybe he was typing a report to papa. I leaned back on the couch and watched him silently. I didn't turn the TV on, for he might get distracted.

 

Kyungsoo came in the front door with Kai's spare board under his arm. He dropped it on the floor and went to sit beside me. He placed an arm around my shoulders and pinched my cheeks. I pushed him away and went to sit on the other couch. He just laughed and laid down on the couch. I threw a pillow at him and he caught it.

 

Kyungie: You should play more basketball, mei baobei.

Me: Sure. So I could hit you like a three point shoot.

Kyungie: I'm no basketball hoop.

Me: And you're not allowed to pinch my cheeks. Or poke me. Or bully me.

Kyungie: I didn't do anything orz.

Me: You pinched me.

Suho: Shhh...

 

And I slouched on the couch. Kyungsoo stuck his tonuge out at me and threw the pillow up and caught it again. He did that for a few minutes until he got tired of playing catch. He used the pillow to cover his eyes and he fell asleep.

 

I guess he got tired of skateboarding.

 

I got up and picked up the board, placed it on the floor, and down on the couch with my feet on the board. I rolled the board left and right, creating a sort of beat with it as the wheels on the tiled floor sort of squeaked.

 

The other boys in the front lawn came in. They probably had enough of trying to practice skateboarding outside. Kai saw me with the board under my feet. He laughed.

 

Kai: That's not how you ride a skateboard.

Me: I'm not. I'm using it as a footrest.

Kai: A skateboard isn't a footrest.

Me: I see no difference, oppa.

Kai: A footrest...well, rests. That one moves.

Me: Then, it's a footroll.

Kai: Pfftttt...

Tao: I wish we could go out and practice around the block.

Kai: I know right.

Sehun: But we can't. Maybe I'll just go and sleep.

Suho: It's almost lunch, Shi Xun.

Sehun: Why my Chinese name? I didn't do anything...

Suho: Oh..you didn't. Well, dibuqi.

Sehun: Fine. I won't sleep..upstairs.

 

And he went to push Kyungsoo aside and laid down beside.

 

Sehun: I'm going to sleep here. Just wake me up when it's time to eat.

Chanyeol: I miss playing baseball. Let's go to the field?

Tao: Yes, let's!

Suho: No one goes out of this house unless the ban has been lifted.

Tao: What ban?

Suho: Don't pretend you don't know, Zitao.

Tao: Why my complete name?

Baek: I hope I don't hear Baixian from you.

Suho: What was that you said, Baixian?

Baek: Nothing, Jun Mian gege.

Kai: Zhong Ren. Zhong Ren. Zhong Ren. Ayiiii yiiii yiii...

 

He was chanting his own name as he giggled. Kai sat beside me and placed one foot on the board.

 

Kai: Do you know Jungkook's Chinese name?

 

I knew he was addressing me. But I didn't wanna assume, so I kept silent. But he nudged me.

 

Me: Huh?

Kai: You know Jungkook's Chinese name?

Me: Why?

Kai: You don't know your boyfriend's-

Me: Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

 

I covered my ears with my hand and bzzzd at him. He laughed and pried my hands off from covering my ears.

 

Kai: It's Jin Jiu Guo.

Me: Zzzzzzz....

Kai: You should remember that. When you get married, he'd have to use his Chinese name for some documents.

Chanyeol: Oh? How did you know that?

Kai: I don't know. I'm just making it up. Hahaha.

Chanyeol: Alright. Let's make it up then. Do you know Taeyong's Chinese name?

Kai: What?

Chanyeol: It's Zhi Tai Yong.

Tao: How about Taehyung?

Chanyeol: Min...hmm..

Tao: Min Tai Heng. Don't you think Min Yinzi sound good?

Baek: Yeah. Min Yinzi. Ahehehe.

Kai: Jin Yinzi is better. Jiu Guo he Yinzi yongyuan zai yi qi. Ayiiiiii!

Chanyeol: Sounds good. Zhi Yinzi though...sounds like a lot of money.

Kai: I know, right.

Chanyeol: What do you think, mei baobei?

Me: Me? Think about what?

Chanyeol: Which name do you think sounds good with Yinzi?

Me: Wu. Wu Yinzi.

Kai: Troll.

Tao: Who taught you to troll?

Me: *shrugs*

Kai: But I say, Jin Jiu Guo is the best.

Tao: Tai Heng, if you ask me.

Kai: I'm not asking.

Chanyeol: It's still Wu orz.

Baek: Min Tai Heng for the win. We'll gain a puppy and an iguana, you know.

Chanyeol: We can buy lots of puppies and iguanas with Zhi Tai Yong.

Kai: We don't need pets. Jungkook, hands down.

Suho: Chenmo! Qian wan buyao chao! I'm trying to work here. Don't argue here.

 

He was imbibing Luhan's spirit. Everyone kept silent. Chanyeol went to sit on one of the armchairs and closed his eyes, but his foot poked Sehun and Kyungsoo's feet. Sehun kicked him in his sleep. Chanyeol snickered and poked Sehun's foot again with his foot. Sehun kicked him again. Kai had leaned on the armrest of the couch and sang to himself. Tao walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He came back with a slice of cake on a plate.

 

Suho: Don't eat here.

 

And Tao had to retrace his steps and went to sit at the dining table. Chanyeol got up from the armchair and went to get himself a slice of cake as well and joined Tao on the table. Kai transferred to the armchair and curled up, using the armrest as his pillow and hoisted his legs over the other armrest and slept.

 

I felt cold all of a sudden.

 

OTL.

 

I forgot that I got wet earlier.

 

I got up from the couch and went upstairs to change my clothes. No wonder it felt chilly. The air outside was still chilly, but the boys didn't mind it. As long as they felt like swimming, they would swim, whatever the weather. Mama was the one who kept fussing over them when they do that, because they always catch cold the next day after swimming in the cold weather. And with the sound of someone sneezing, it announced the presence of the boys who were in the backyard.

 

Lay was sneezing. He took off his t-shirt, so he was freezing cold now. I think if they didn't feel cold yet, they won't be coming back inside. Thirty minutes of swimming in cold weather outside was stupid, if you asked me. But, boys will be boys.

 

Lay ran upstairs to change his clothes. He left with a trail of water on the floor and stairs. Luhan had to shake his head and doubled back to get a mop. The househelp saw him and took the mop from him. Luhan thanked her and went upstairs. Xiumin and Chen had raced up the stairs as well. It was just a matter of time until all three of them catch cold.

 

Me: Someone's gonna get sick...

Suho: Huh?

 

He looked up from his laptop.

 

Me: Lay gege, Xiumin oppa, and Chenchen oppa are gonna get sick.

Suho: What? Swimming again? At this time of the year?

Me: Yep.

Luhan: Hey, don't look at me.

Kris: Not me either. I didn't say they could.

Luhan: I might have forgotten. Hahah.

Suho: Mama's gonna give a long speech again later.

Luhan: I know right.

Suho: Maybe I should really take up Law in college.

Luhan: So you could defend us from mama?

Suho: Seems like it. I seem to be the one covering up your asses all the time.

Kris: Good job, Snow White.

Suho: Xiexie, Li Shang. But it would still be better if you keep out of trouble. It's hard to look for alibis that work on mama, you know.

Luhan: You can do it. Jiayou!

Kris: Jiayou!

Suho: Jiayou your butts.

 



 

Something light for this chapter. I didn't want to drop the bomb right away. Hehehe. Maybe next chapter. Or the next. >_< By the way, I got me a part time job as an online editor for publishing company. I'm so excited! Writing fanfics helped a lot. They had me edit two different stories before they accepted me. ♥♥♥ I'm looking forward to writing better chapters and stories now. BTS and EXO are my inspiration to do better. ^_^ → ♥♥♥ 我愛你們!吳爱你們!

田柾国 [Tian Jiu Guo] / Jungkook for you. Soulful clip of him playing the piano... Excuse me while I die again... Dx