Was Luhan Bluffing?

Th13teen

Exam week.

 

Monday.

 

It went well, so far. And of course, during lunch, Jungkook hunted for me. I was trying to avoid him because I still was not over freaking out from Sunday's arm wrestling match. I didn't know if he knew that I knew. Jimin was talking to Yue at that time and I was not sure if Yue and Jimin were talking about me asking about Jungkook and Taehyung.

 

 

We only had one subject together, first period. So, I had time to hide from him come lunch break. I didn't go to the cafeteria to eat with my brothers because I thought that it was the first place that he would look for me. But I was mistaken. I went to the fastfood that was across the street. I didn't wanna go eat far from school. I'm thinking someone tipped him off. And I was suspecting my friends. I was with Yue and Shana. Ling Yan had followed after because she still had to drop some of her stuff in her locker.

 

 

I was about to order food when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head around and his smiling face met my shocked expression. Who told you I was here? He was grinning and he had to wiggle his eyebrows at me while I crinkled my nose up to him. Someone tipped him off alright. I searched for my friends who were just in front of me on the line earlier. But I couldn't find them now. Where did those traitors disappear to? I had no choice but to buy him lunch as well. Anyway, he'd be the one to treat me out the next day and the day after next. It was a lunch in silence, except for the "how's exams so far?" and "good luck on your next exam."

 

 

He didn't ask if I was deliberately hiding from him that's why I was here instead of in the cafeteria. He just kept smiling and even offered some of his food. He had said that when it was time for him to treat me out, it would be a proper meal. He had also reminded me that I still have to do his English Lit homework. I just nodded and asked it from him. He told me that since we didn't really have any written homework yet, he'd wait until there was one, so I could make it for him. So, there was no expiration date for the homework part, huh? Alright then. I thought to give him my math homework when it was something I could not understand. LOL.

 

 

After lunch, he had "escorted" me to my next class. I had to get some things from my locker on the way. Surprisingly, his locker was next to mine. Hmmm... I sense a conspiracy here. Since it was my first year in middle school, my old locker was in the primary school buildings. Lockers in this school were relatively large. A person can fit inside even while sitting curled up. I usually left the books I didn't need to study from and just bring the ones I need back home. I saw him place some books inside and take out his skateboard. Oh yeah, they had practice on Mondays. They probably will just stay for an hour because it was exam week.

 

 

Our school has just entered the skateboarding team last year and we didn't get any awards or recognition. This year, with the addition of new members, we had hoped to at least get the Rookie award. LOL. I closed my locker and replaced the lock. He did the same. Then without so much talking, we went to our next exam. My class was on the second floor of the Arts and Sciences building. I had math exam next. He had said that he'd me to the classroom since his next exam was just on the next floor up. On our way up the stairs, we happen to meet Chanyeol and Baekhyun going down. They probably went with Sehun and now were just making their way to their next exam. Sehun and Jungkook were classmates on some subjects as they were in the same level, as was Kai.

 

 

Me: Hi.

JK: Hi hyungs.

Chanyeol: Why are you with him?

Baek: Yeah...

Me: Met him on the way going to the same building.

JK: Uh...heheh...

Chan: Met where?

Me: None of your business, oppa.

Chan: You two haven't...?

Me: Go away. I'm going to my exam.

 

 

I didn't give them any more chances to interrogate me. I quickly ran past them. Jungkook bowed a little to my brothers before he ran after me. Outside my classroom, Jungkook wished me goodluck on my next exam. I did the same and patted his shoulder. He acted as if he was going to do the same but shrugged and just raised his hands and gave a thumbs up. Then he went on his way to his next exam.

 

 

I think I did well on my math exam. I just felt I did, because I was able to finish it before the time limit and I didn't have any difficulty answering the questions that were in the testpaper. After the exam, we checked our papers, that was how it was done in this school. We didn't wait for the next day to get the results. Except when the teacher had to do some other stuff after the exam, then she or he would request to have the results on the next day.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

After all my exams that day, I went to the parking lot to wait by the car. Papa's S4 and Lay ge's Infiniti Q50 were parked side by side. Suho ge's car was 2 cars away. Baek was the one driving papa's car. Lay and Suho parked in the middle school parking because their exams today were in our campus. I saw Lay ge's windshield filled with sticky notes. I went to read them. Might as well do that while I waited for them. The S4 had its share of sticky notes as well. Suho's car didn't have any sticky notes, rather there were stems of almost wilted flowers, probably still from this morning. I leaned on the hood of the car as I picked a sticky note to read.

 

 

Lay ge, I'm your number one fan!

 

Yixing-ah, please notice me. I was the one who said hello on your first period today.

 

When are you going to call me? I gave you my number the last time I stuck a note on your car. :(

 

Wu Yixing. Wo ai ni. Ai ni. Ai ni. Ai ni yo...

 

Lay, how nice. Your name sounds sweet to say.

 

I couldn't take reading more of them. I stuck them back to his windshield. I went to Baek's and took one.

 

 

I support you. I will always watch your games.

 

Baixian, are you also competing in the next martial arts festival before new year?

 

You have improved. You're driving a car now. *hearts*

 

Is this your car? Can I ride with you?

 

 

Err... Ride with you. Ewww... I almost vomitted. Then I laughed. I checked my watch. The boys should be done with their exams by now and were supposed to be here. I sat on the hood of the S4. I was swinging my feet to and fro when I saw Jin approaching the parking lot. Oh yeah, he was a junior now and he probably had his exams with Suho and Lay ge. But where were my brothers?

 

 

Jin walked like a model...okay. Not the way models walk in the ramp, rather, his strides were uh...how do I describe it? Let's just say that he walked like he owned the street or something like that. LOL. Then when he saw me, he smiled and greeted me. He stopped in front of one of the cars that was in between Suho's and Baekhyun's.

 

 

Jin: Oh, hey Xiao Yi.

Me: Hi.

Jin: Done with your exams?

Me: Yup.

Jin: I hope you did well.

Me: Thank you, oppa. I hope you did too.

Jin: Thanks. Ah, Suho and Lay still in the classroom, finishing their exam.

Me: Hmmm...You finished first?

Jin: *chuckles* Yup.

Me: Whoaa.. Cool.

 

 

Jin was cool when you get to talk to him. At first, you would have the feeling that he was the no-nonsense type. And it was not wrong. He'd only take you seriously if you take him seriously. I wondered if he had some humor in his body, because he looked the serious type. He had this aura like Luhan. One who you don't cross, because if you did, hell would break loose. Maybe he was as scary as Luhan. However, based on how he spoke to me, I could sense that he was just a man of few words. Only speaking when needed.

 

 

"Hyung!"

 

 

I turned to see who it was who spoke. Jimin was walking towards the parking lot, his skateboard under one arm and his backpack slung over his shoulders. J was also trailing behind and was doing some tricks on his skateboard as he followed Jimin. Then I saw Jungkook behind J. He was not looking ahead, instead, he was looking at the ground where he was walking on.

 

 

Jin: I thought you guys had practice?

Jimin: Yup. I just want to dump my stuff in the car.

Jin: Shall I just pick you up later after your practice?

Jimin: Hmm... J hyung...Hyung...

J: Yo, ssup?

Jimin: Are we going to take the school bus after practice?

J: Call a cab.

Jin: Okay. I'll just leave your school stuff in the car. Just get them later when you arrive home.

JK: Hyung, can you drop by the convenience store?

Jin: Why?

JK: Batteries for my flashlight. I thought it was busted, but saw the batteries were drained.

Jin: Ah..arasseoyo..

JK: Kamsa, kamsa...

Jimin: Hyung, some chocolates, too. Neh?

Jin: Okay.

J: Not the ones where there are almonds. I don't like them.

Jin: You don't have a choice but to eat what I will buy. Anything else?

 

 

It amused me watching them talk to each other. They were much like us, especially when we demand Luhan to buy something for us. LOL. I laughed silently as I observed them. Jungkook suddenly turn his head towards me. Probably because of my attempt at a silent laugh.

 

 

JK: Xiao Yi.

Me: Hi.

JK: Dangsin iisseo...

Me: Yep, I'm here.

J: Oh, Xiao Yi. I didn't see you.

Me: Hi, J.

J: You're waiting for your brothers?

Me: Yes, I am.

 

 

Chen and Soo were walking towards the parking lot. The boys who did not have skateboard practice. I was betting the five who had practice were already at the rink. Chen's eyebrows met in the middle when he saw me talking to the Kims. But when he recognized them, he broke into a grin and greeted them. Soo politely said hello and went to sit beside me.

 

 

The skateboard team Kims politely said they'd be going to practice and left us. I watched Jungkook's back as he walked with his brothers to the skating rink. Jin climbed inside his car and was about to leave when Suho and Lay arrived. They exchanged some talk about their exam befor Jin waved goodbye as he drove away. Suho had said that there was no need for us to wait for the other boys, because they'll just ride with Baekhyun home. The mention of the word "ride" made me snort. Suho looked at me as if I said something really foul.

 

 

Suho: Xiao Yi, why are you snorting like a guy?

Me: Ooops. Duibuqi, gege.

Suho: Sometimes I wish mama got pregnant with another baby sister.

Me: Why?

Suho: Just for you. It worries me that your growing up years won't be as normal as the other young girls.

Me: Because I have 12 brothers and no sister.

Suho: Exactly.

Chen: There is always, Kai, Tao and Sehun to dress up as girls, you know. Hahaha.

Lay: If you ask me, Chanyeol looks pretty as a girl, too.

Chen: Ahhh...yeahhh...

Lay: And then there's Lu ge.

Suho: Shhhh...

Lay: What?

 

 

He had turned his head left and right to check if Luhan was there. But when he saw that there was no Luhan, he breathed deeply. Some students were making their way towards the parking lot as well. Lay noticed the sticky notes on his car and he went to pick them all up and stuck them inside the compartment. Suho found the flowers on his car and shook his head. He went to remove them from the windshield and carefully placed them in his compartment.

 

 

 


 

 

 

There was a big surprise at home that evening.

 

 

No. Kris ge was not back yet. He was still in Japan with his mom of course. His birthday was on Thursday and he had sent us all a photo of him under cherry blossom trees. There were no flowers because it was not the season. He looked really happy to be there. Beside him was his mom. He looked more like his mom than papa. Tao had reminded him to buy souvenirs. Sehun asked him if he'll be back on Friday instead of Saturday.

 

 

The surprise was not that. It was something else.

 

 

Nope. Not papa arriving home, either. He was still in Korea with his boss on a business trip. He had called the night before to check up on us. He had also asked to speak to each one of us. Mama had assured papa that all was well. Maybe because she did not know that there was something going on with Luhan.

 

 

Which brings me to the topic of Luhan.

 

 

Yeah. The surprsie was him.

 

 

He was suspiciously happy that evening when he arrived from school. He had pinched my cheeks as soon as he saw me when he stepped inside the door. I was on my way out the front door to bring some stuff for Sehun who was in the garage tinkering with his bike. Sehun had said that his PE class would test them about parts of the car, bicycle, and other vehicles.

 

 

Instead of studying for his exams the next day, Luhan had lounged in the living room before dinner. He even joked around with the bullies. It was weird. I eyed him suspiciously, but he just ignored it. He went on joking with the others. He even didn't bother scolding Kai when he picked on Soo again. Luhan just shushed them but did not do anything else.

 

 

I looked at Tao and he was also looking at me. He shrugged. Something was going on here. It was so sudden. How come he was pissed off a few days ago, now he was all bubbly and happy? Mama had told us that papa might extend his stay in Korea for 2 or 3 more days, so he may not be coming home the same day as Kris ge. As usual. We just nodded in acknowledgement.

 

 

I knew Tao was suspicious as well. I tried to get the others' attention so I could ask them if they found it weird that Luhan had a sudden mood change to happy. I also noticed that Xiumin and him kept exchanging meaningful glances.

 

 

Actually, his happy mood went on until Thursday.

 

 

He would scold us from time to time like he always did, but other than that, he was back as the Luhan we knew he was.

 

 

I attempted to ask him if there was something wrong, but he had just ruffled my hair and tickled me. I had to get away from him then. There was no way I could escape his tickles. I always needed help from Sehun whenever Luhan was the one pinching me or tickling me. You might think that because he was lanky and he looked like a girl, that he was weak. Nope. Because of his soccer training, he was strong. He can even carry me around on his back when he was in the mood to bully me. Him and Xiumin's way of bullying me was to ask me to do some chores for them and giving me money after. Sometimes, they would carry me around and pretend they were lifting weights instead of me.

 

 

Well, today, he was like that as well. I had tried to escape when he reached for me and hugged me tight. He squished me like a teddy bear and hoisted me on his shoulder and carried me. Chanyeol came behind him and helped him carry me. They carried me all around the house. I shouted for help, but no one came to my rescue. I ended up just rolling my eyes as they carried me outside to the pool. I thought they would dump me, but when I screamed, they laughed and put me down.

 

 

I tested his mood.

 

 

Me: You are so happy today, Lulu. Are you and Hua Chen friends now?

Luhan: Who?

Me: Dong Hua Chen.

Luhan: Ah, her? Nope.

Me: Then why are you happy?

Luhan: Because I'm happy.

Me: Why?

Luhan: Just that.

Me: I don't believe you.

Luhan: You have to believe, mei baobei.

 

 

He poked my nose as he said that and chuckled. It seemed genuine. There was no trace of him forcefully laughing. I scratched my head and walked away. I had given up for the moment. I met Chen and Kai making their way out to the pool. They were laughing as they walked towards the pool. They had witnessed me being carried like a tribute outside.

 

 

I just recalled when we were younger. I had always been the sacrifice to the gods. Luhan and Sehun had always taken turns as Shang Tian. OTL. Tao, Kai, and Baek were the ones who had always played as the temple monks. Chanyeol and Chen took turns as the Jade emperor. I made a face as I remembered them pretending to sacrifice me to Shang Tian. If mama had not been there, I would have been burnt Xiao Yi. They had me lay down in front of a makeshift altar and lighted incense and placed them all around me.

 

 

Mama had screamed when she saw us. She had really thought that I was burning. LOL.

 

 

I walked back inside the house. Dinner would be served in a few minutes. Mama was in the study, reading some of her books. Suho was with her. Papa's office served as the study as well. Since papa was not here, we utilized it as a study room. Suho was always the one who made use of it. Well, Luhan and the other oldies went there to study from time to time, too. I preferred studying in my room or downstairs in the living room.

 

 

I washed my hands clean and waited by the kitchen counter. Soo was sitting there and reading his notes. He was also watching the househelp cook the food. Sehun had entered the house after spending some time with his bike outside. He went to the sink and washed his hands. He then sat beside me and propped up his elbows and rested his chin on them.

 

 

Sehun: Lulu is weirdly happy.

Soo: You can say that again.

Sehun: Do you think he has gotten out of the mess?

Soo: Hah...

Me: I don't know.

Sehun: I don't think so, though.

Soo: It's rather sudden, neh?

Sehun: Yeah.

Tao: We should not abort mission just because of him being happy now.

 

 

Tao had appeared and heard what we were talking about. He sat beside Soo. And as he did so, he went to play with Soo's ears. The latter slapped his hand away and he laughed.

 

 

Soo: Get your hands off my ears.

Tao: A pity they're not like Yeol's.

Soo: Yeah, so quit touching them. OTL.

Tao: Anyway, plan is still on. No change. We still go ahead with whatever we have talked about.

Sehun: I've gone online on Facebook last night and tried adding Hua Chen.

Tao: And did she accept?

Sehun: Not yet. I don't know. Maybe she hasn't checked.

Soo: Or she didn't want to add you?

Sehun: Why wouldn't she?

Tao: Hmm...good plan.

Me: If papa found out, won't he be mad that you guys added her?

Tao: I'm going to block her as soon as I get the information I need.

Me: Harsh.

Tao: Which is harsher? Blocking her from Facebook or her using Lu ge to gain something for their business?

Me: Fine.

Soo: I'm not adding her.

Sehun: It's okay.

Tao: Yeah. I think it's better that not all of us will add her. Let's make her think that the ones who added her are the ones who like her for Luhan. *snorts*

 

 

Dinner was cooked. I could smell the food and I leaned forward to inhale the aroma. The other three did the same. The househelp who was cooking the food smiled and started preparing some bowls. The other one went to prepare the table.

 

 

"TO SPARTAAAAAA!"

 

 

Chen had burst in from the back door, followed by Chanyeol, Luhan and Kai.

 

 

Okay, so we were in Sparta now. I saw Soo roll his eyes. I did the same.

 

 

 



 

 

I found something!  >_< This was exactly what I was thinking of when I imagined Jungkook in skateboard duds. Hahaha. My Jungkook feels! ♥♥♥  吴爱你们!我爱你们![I was listening to BTS the whole time I wrote this ^^] Comeback on AUG 20!!! *spazz*