Here Come the Changes...

Th13teen

 

 

According to Baekhyun...

 

Before papa left for Thailand, he had a meeting with the oldies. And because it was Baekhyun's first meeting as one of the oldies, he couldn't help himself but tell us what went on.

 

It was the night after Chen's birthday party. We just came home from the clubhouse. We, the younger kids, were told to wash up and get ready for bed. It was Friday the next day and we had classes. Thursday, we were excused from school again. Because papa was one of the school directors and a generous benefactor, the school didn't hesitate to give us the day off to celebrate Chen's birthday. And because most of his classmates were present, the school decided to hold the teacher's convention that day. Just to excuse the students who were invited to the party. Well, being rich does have it's advantages. Hehehe.

 

Anyway, papa left for Thailand the next day, Friday. Baekhyun got to telling us what papa told them the previous evening.

 

Luhan, you are in-charge of training Suho what he needs to know. You two take care of your younger brothers and sister. Also, you take over overseeing the marketing project for Phuket. Xiumin, you are in-charge of Lay. Help Luhan and Suho, as well. And Kris, you are in-charge of Baekhyun. I'll need you to go to the construction site and learn what you can from the engineer and architect. If you are really serious in taking up Architecture in college. Go there every Wednesday and Friday after school, regardless if I am there or not. Is that understood?”

 

All: Yes, papa.

 

Papa: Xiumin, I'd want you to check on the construction of the house, too. Okay? Help out Kris and Baekhyun.

 

Xiumin: Yes, pa.

 

Lay: Do I have to go with him, papa?

 

Papa: Yes, of course.

 

Lay: Okay, I understand.

 

Papa: By the way, Lay. I might be travelling to Hong Kong again after Thailand. So, I might not be here on your birthday. Do you want to have a party?

 

Lay: Uhm...Not really.

 

Papa: Alright. What do you want then?

 

Lay: Uhm...uh...Can I ask to spend the birthday fund for something...uhm...

 

Papa: Buy something else with it?

 

Lay: Yes, papa. Actually, can I buy a car, pa?

 

Papa: Hmmm...okay. If that's what you want.

 

Lay: Yes! Xiexie..xiexie...feichang ganxie papa.

 

Papa: Haoba. Bu keqi. Let's schedule that after I get back from Thailand.

 

Baek: When will I get my own car...?

 

Papa: When you are 17, Baixian.

 

Baek: Oh...so, next year.

 

Kris: Yes, unless you decide to buy a house, before then.

 

Baek: I hate you, ge.

 

Kris: Thanks.

 

Papa: Enough, you two.

 

 

There was silence for a few minutes. Luhan broke the silence.

 

Luhan: Pa, regarding Tao, Kai, Sehun...and Xiao Yi.

 

Papa: What about them?

 

Luhan: I was thinking of curfews...especially after school...and weekends.

 

Papa: Okay. It's up to you.

 

Luhan: Thank you papa.

 

Papa: Xiumin, still have money in the other account?

 

Xiumin: Yes pa.

 

Papa: Let me know if it goes below 10, okay?

 

Xiumin: Yes, pa. It's still a little more than 13.

 

Papa: Ah... That's good. How about you, Luhan?

 

Luhan: About the same, pa.

 

Papa: Good. Kris?

 

Kris: Around 12 papa...

 

Papa: Did you buy your Wacom tablet already?

 

Kris: Uhm...no...not yet...

 

Papa: Shoes?

 

Kris: I paid for most of the grocery done in the last 2 weeks, pa. And...yep...shoes...

 

Papa: Haoba. Suho?

 

Suho: A little more than 14, pa.

 

Papa: Good, good.

 

 

Lay had whispered to Baekhyun what papa and the others meant by 13, 12, 14...etc. Baekhyun was not afraid to voice out his opinion, much like Sehun, so he was the one who asked.

 

Baek: What is this 13, 12, 14....thingy?

 

Papa: Alotted funds for your consumption, especially when me and your mama are away.

 

Baek: So, like...a budget?

 

Papa: Yes, and no. It's a fixed fund I entrust your older brothers, so anytime you need money to buy what you need or want, they'll be able to provide.

 

Baek: Aaahhhh...

 

Lay: So, are we...going to...?

 

Papa: Not quite. I'd like you and Baixian to learn how to handle your finances with your credit cards.

 

Lay: Okay. I made my first purchase at the cafeteria, by the way.

 

Papa: Very well. And you, Baixian?

 

Baek: Uhm...not yet. I told you pa, I'm not using that card.

 

Papa: Suit yourself. But remember, I won't be giving you your allowance anymore. You already have a card.

 

Baek: Whatttttt???? But paaaaaaaaaaa....

 

Papa: You are one of the older kids now, so I trust you behave as one.

 

Baek: So...so...if I ask Lu ge for money, he won't give me any?

 

Papa: That...is up to Luhan.

 

Luhan: I won't give you anymore orz. You have money of your own now.

 

 

Papa had taken out a stack of folders on the table and checked them one by one.

 

Baek: But...what if...there is no...POS to swipe my card?

 

Kris: Silly. You can withdraw money from the ATM with your card. So, just in case you need cash, you have something in your wallet.

 

Baek: Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh....

 

Lay: I thought you knew.

 

Baek: How should I know? Nobody told me?

 

Kris: It's common sense, Tinkerbell.

 

Baek: I only know how to swipe it, okay? Wait a minute...Tinkerbell???

 

Kris: Lord Baekhyun of the light. Does that ring a bell?

 

Baek: Shut up, ge.

 

 

Papa looked up from the folder he was checking and cleared his throat.

 

Baek: Duibuqi. I'll have you for this, Captain Shang... I mean, MUSHU!

 

Kris: Why you-?

 

Papa: Boys. I think you should all go to bed now. You still have school tomorrow.

 

All: Okay, pa.

 

Papa: Oh yes, before I forget, Xiumin.

 

Xiumin: What is it pa?

 

Papa: After school tomorrow, can you bring my car to the mechanic? Just to check on the crank case.

 

Xiumin: Okay. I'll call you if anything?

 

Papa: Yes, okay. I'll ask the airport service to pick me up tomorrow. Alright, you can all go to bed.

 

 

All of them rose from their seats and walked out in a single file outside. Papa was still working his "" off that night, before he left for Thailand. Hey, don't look at me. It was Baekhyun's words... Anyway, the oldies didn't go straight to bed that night. They stayed up a bit to talk among themselves. Baek had said that Luhan set curfew hours for us maknaes.

 

School days, we were supposed to be home by 5:00PM (unless required to stay a little bit more by the teacher). Luhan would have to wait for us. In case Luhan won't be able to, Suho or Xiumin, would be the one to wait for us.

Weekends were not different. We were supposed to be home by 6:00 PM. And if we were at a mall or a friend's house, we were to call in advance, so any of the oldies will pick us up. In Tao's case during Saturday afternoons, since he and Baek had martial arts classes, Kris would pick him and Baekhyun up.

 

Yeah, the paranoid brother in Luhan was at work. That curfew schedule was seconded by Kris ge. Paranoid brothers. But I didn't mind it much. I was even thankful, because if I was at the mall with my friends or their home, I won't have a problem going home anymore.

 

So, according to Baekhyun, starting the next day, we are supposed to be home by 5 PM. Papa was scheduled to leave for Thailand early the next morning. Suho, as the next in line to be the "da ge" of the Wu kids after Luhan, Xiumin, and Kris leaves for college, was a little hesitant to implement the curfew. But after the 3 oldies persuaded him, he finally gave in and agreed. It was a little after 8 PM when they called it a night and went to bed.

 

 


 

FRIDAY

 

Papa left for the airport around 5 AM. Mama didn't go with papa as she had classes the next day. She stayed at home for the rest of the morning and had to go to the Fengtai Pedia Hospital where Mrs. Min worked... or should I say Dra. Min. >_< Mama was finishing her degree in Family Medicine, but she was fond of children, so she was always seen at the pedia hospitals, clinics or wards. It just so happened, that Dra. Min was one of her friends and colleague. I think I mentioned before that mama worked with most of the wives of papa's colleagues in the health department, helping other communities who were otherwise not so lucky in life.

 

Luhan had to stay a little late in school for the soccer tryouts. Xiumin was supposed to be there too, but as papa had asked him to have his car checked, he excused himself from the tryouts. Just so the other boys won't have to go home early, especially Tao, Kai and Sehun, they went to the soccer field to "try out" along with the other hopefuls. I knew they didn't really wanted to, because their hearts were loyal to skateboarding (and martial arts for Tao).

 

Luhan just shook his head as he saw his younger brothers making their way to the soccer field. I couldn't go home as well, because Suho had to stay for a few minutes in his class for a meeting. I didn't know what meeting, but as I guessed, it was probably for the upcoming Acquaintance Party. It was held every year to welcome new students (primary school students to middle school; and middle school to senior high) and transferees.

 

My friends had gone home, so I didn't have a choice but to wait for my brothers and hope they finish early so I could go home. I had asked Luhan before if I could hitch a ride with one of my friends, but he firmly said no. So, there I was, walking toward the soccer field, behind Tao, Kai and Sehun.

 

As soon as I sat at the half full bleachers, Luhan came over to where we were. My 3 "maknae" brothers were grinning from ear to ear. Maybe they just wanted to piss Luhan, I don't know. There were students watching the tryouts, so the bleachers were not empty. Most of those who came to watch were fangirls of the current soccer players and some were there to cheer the hopefuls.

 

Luhan: Why are you here?

 

Tao: We want to join.

 

Luhan: Oh please. Where is Kris? You four should be home before 5PM, you know.

 

Kai: The class president is nowhere to be found, your highness.

 

Luhan: What do you mean nowhere to be found?

 

Kai: As in missing.

 

Sehun: We waited by the parking lot but his car is nowhere to be seen.

 

Luhan: Argghhhh... Where is Kris...? Sehun, give me your phone.

 

Sehun: Why mine?

 

Luhan: Because mine's in my locker, dummy.

 

Sehun: Go get it.

 

Luhan: I swear I'm gonna ground you for the rest of the weekend.

 

Sehun: *hands out phone* I was kidding, gege.

 

 

Luhan dials Kris' number and waits for the other to pick up the phone. After what seemed like 3 attempts, Kris finally answered. Of course. It was Friday. He and Baekhyun were supposed to go to the construction to check on the progress. Luhan sighed loudly and muttered something under his breath. After he spoke with Kris, he gave the phone back to Sehun. He was about to say something when one of the soccer jocks tapped him on the shoulders. He swung his head around to face the guy and snapped at him.

 

Luhan: Can't you see I'm talking to my brothers? Later. Give me 5 minutes.

 

Guy: Sorry...okay, we'll wait captain.

 

 

Luhan ge, captain of the soccer team. Also known as Math club president. Also known as the "da ge" of the Wu kids. And as for Kris, he was also known as Mulan. LOL. Our gege...jiejie...gege... xD

 

Tao: I'm not trying out anymore. You are scary.

 

Kai: Me neither. I'll just watch.

 

Sehun: Same here.

 

 

Kyungsoo suddenly appeared, his backpack looked heavy for he was trying to heave it up on one shoulder but it kept slipping off. He sat beside me and threw his backpack on the ground. Luhan looked at him questioningly.

 

Soo: What?

 

Luhan: You too?

 

Soo: What me too?

 

Luhan: You want to tryout?

 

Soo: Hell no.

 

Luhan: Watch your mouth...ughhh....why are you here?

 

Soo: Suho ge is still in a class meeting?

 

Luhan: Don't tell me Chanyeol and Chen left you?

 

Soo: You got that right.

 

Luhan: Oh my god...what in the world... Those two are grounded the whole weekend! Alright, you...all five of you...stay where you are...Once Suho finishes his meeting, you Kyungie, Tao, Kai...Sehun... you go home with him. Understood?

 

Me: How about me?

 

Luhan: You won't fit in Suho's car. You are coming with me.

 

Tao: Why not let Suho drive your car and you drive his car?

 

Sehun: First time you said something with sense.

 

Tao: Shut up.

 

Kai: Yeah...

 

Luhan: Haoba. When he finishes his meeting, call my attention. Wait... Sehun, give me your phone.

 

Sehun: Why?

 

Luhan: Phone or grounded-?

 

Sehun: Fine, fine, fine.

 

And once more, he gave his phone to Luhan who called Suho to tell him that once he was off from meeting to come drop by the soccer field to swap car keys with him so all of us could go home. He gave the phone to Sehun after he was done and went back to the field to where the hopefuls were waiting for his decision.

 

Tao, Kai and Sehun were talking about the skateboarding tryouts which will be held the next week. If anything that will make these three stop having World War with each other, it was skateboarding. They seldom fight or bully each other when it came to skateboarding. Bless this sport. LOL. Soo was minding his own business. He picked up his backpack from the ground and fished out his tablet. He picked a game app and started playing. I watched Luhan looking every inch the captain ball of the soccer team. If Xiumin wasn't doing an errand for papa, he would have been here at the field too. As I busied myself watching the tryouts, trying to understand what was going on, Lay arrived. He didn't sit, because there was no more space, so he leaned on the railings in front of us. I heard some girls behind me whispering to each other how Lay's back was a better view than some of the soccer hopefuls. I heard more giggling at the far end of the bleachers. I glanced toward the giggles and found a group of girls looking in our direction, specifically at my brothers. I didn't know if they saw me, but I glared at them. And as I glared, I heard someone shout from the other end of the bleachers, "LUHAN! Will you marry me?"

 

♪♫ Oh, baby I love your way...everyday...I wanna tell you I love your way...♫♪

 

That was Kyungsoo's ringtone. He scowled and answered his phone, never bothering to look who it was. He paused his game and started to talk.

 

Soo: Yeoboseyo...Yeah? What? Who are you?

 

That caught my full attention. I turned to look at him and listened.

 

Soo: Who? Uh...okay...? H-how did you...get..my..n-number?

 

Why was he stuttering? Then he was blushing. Hmmm... I took a quick guess that it was a girl. But why would a girl call him? There was only one person I could think of who would have the guts to call him and make him stutter and blush like that. Chagiya.

 

Soo: Oh...thank you. I-i'll have to ask...my...m-my teacher...uh..and a-ask permission from Lu ge.

 

Permission? For what? I was suddenly interested. It was one of a kind eavesdropping Kyungsoo's phonecall. LOL. It didn't happen often that he takes a call in front of us. But I guess this time, he wanted to gain courage or confidence from us, so he braved taking the call. If it was on another day, he would've excused himself and took the call somewhere private.

 

After his call, and before I could ask who was it who called him, Sehun's phone rang. It was Suho ge. He was done with his meeting and was on his way to the field. When he arrived, he was the one who called to Luhan who was having a shouting match with one of the goalies....another hopeful. The guy was probably not listening, because he was giving instructions earlier and the guy was looking the other way.

 

I saw Luhan excused himself from the team and went to the locker room to get the car keys. He came back with it and swapped with Suho. As usual, Suho who was so attached to the cleanliness of his car, he told Luhan that as soon as we arrived home to wipe the car clean. Luhan just grunted a "yes" and nodded. Then we stood up and said bye to Luhan, followed Suho to the parking lot. The soccer field was in the Middle School campus.

 

Suho unlocked the door and got in, I got in and sat behind the driver's seat and reclined. Sehun got in the pasenger seat and buckled up. Soo sat beside me. Kai and Tao pushed each other and fought to get the back seat. Suho started the car, so the two of them scrambled inside and sat properly. Suho was the least gege to be followed by the bullies, so this tactic worked really good. I bet he was going to do this in the future, in case the other boys misbehaved.

 

As Suho geared the car towards the gate, I peered out the window and saw the Kim brothers walking out. They were probably going to ride the school bus because Jin and J haven't gotten their Chinese licences yet. They knew Luhan's car, I guess, for when Suho passed by them, they looked and waved. Suho rolled down the window and acknowledged them. The car windows were not that tinted darkly, so they were able to make out who were the people in the car........I think. I would like to think so, because when I fixed my gaze at Jungkook, I thought I saw him wink at me.

 


 

Hi! It's been a little while since I last updated. I was kinda busy and my internet connection was down. BTW, Wu Yi Fan's 时间煮雨 ♥♥♥ I think he sings heavenly. >~< I've been playing it on repeat this past few days. And oh yeah, this is going to be a double update, because I was gone for almost a week. ^_^