Wu Ships are Sailing

Th13teen

Taeyong walked ahead of me back to the parking lot. He dragged his skateboard behind him. Jungkook had gone with Jimin and skate around the park. I kept glancing back at them until I got to the parking lot where I couldn't see him anymore.

 

As usual, I opened the car door for myself. He had got in first after he put his skateboard back in the boot. As soon as I got in and took my seat, he instructed his driver to take us to the mall. He had put his sunglasses back on and busied himself with playing on his phone. He did not even talk to me on the way to the mall. I just looked outside and watch the sights as we passed by.

 

At the mall, he told his driver he can go shop or whatever and that he'd just call if it was time to go home. Then he got out of the car, pocketed his phone and his sunglasses. He waited for me outside. He placed his hands on his backpocket as he waited for me. The driver had gotten out first, so he was the one who opened the door.

 

I thanked the driver and walked towards Taeyong. He walked slowly this time and not ahead of me. He told me to take the elevator up instead of go through the basement shops. I followed him in the elevator. There were several other people who got in as well.

 

He pressed all the buttons. It was clear that he didn't know which floor he wanted to go to. One of the elevator passengers asked him where he wanted to go and he said "arcade." The guy then told him it's on the 4th floor, near the movie theaters.

 

So yeah, we got off at the 4th floor. I followed him as he made his way to the arcade. The first stop was the basketball hoops. He challenged me to shoot at least 3 hoops and he'd buy me whatever I wanted. Of course I accepted his challenge. I was not really a pro in sports, but because I had 12 brothers, I knew the basics. I was able to shoot more than 3 hoops. Taeyong seemed amazed. He then took me to the video games section. Tekken.

 

This? I play this with my brothers.

 

And lose.

 

Hahaha.

 

But I didn't tell him that, of course.

 

I lost to Taeyong.

 

Obviously.

 

But he smiled at me, the kind of smile that was amused.

 

He was about to take me to another game when I noticed something by the photobooth just outside the arcade entrance. There were three familiar people who were watching us. They tried to act as if they were there by accident. But of course, I was not fooled. I walked over to them. Taeyong had followed.

 

Me: Hi

 

The three snorted and pushed each other away from me, but I pouted and poked them one by one.

 

Luhan: Ouch! Oww...no...

Kris: What did I do?

Xiumin: Yaahhh!

 

Yeah. They were spying on me. I didn't know how long have they been spying on me. Were they back at the park and saw Jungkook too?

 

Grrrr...

 

Me: Are you following us?

Luhan: No.

Kris: Nope.

Xiumin: Yes.

Kris: Xiuuuu!

Luhan: Aishhashsdhsd...okay, yes. We were following.

Kris: Okay. Cat out of the bag. Let's go buy candies.

 

And he took my hand and pulled me away. Luhan and Xiumin followed us. Taeyong just smirked and followed as well.

 

Kris entered a candy shop and asking me what I wanted. Luhan had pointed to gummy bears and gummy worms. Kris nodded and asked the shop attendant to get him a pack of each. Luhan also raised his hand that he wanted one of each, too. I went to get some gumballs and gummy bears. I saw Xiumin bought chocolate coated almonds. Taeyong, quietly, went to get some dark chocolate and sugar pops. After he paid for it, he gave me one of each. I accepted them and thanked him.

 

Kris: *cough*

Luhan: Are you okay? *thumps Kris' back*

Xiumin" *snorts*

Kris: Ahemm...yes, I feel better now.

 

After we paid for our candy, Taeyong led the way out and looked for somewhere we could sit. For a couple or so minutes, we just did people watching while eating our candy.

 

Taeyong looked bored, so he took out his phone, plugged his earphones and went into "do not disturb" mode. I side glanced at him and he raised an eyebrow at me and pointed at his earphones.

 

Fine.

 

I slouched on my seat and raised my legs up the bench, and hugged my knees.

 

Luhan: Do you see what I see?

Kris: What?

Luhan: A witch.

Xiumin: Where?

Luhan: Approaching..hmhmhhhmmmm...

 

He saw Hua Chen with her posse. She had spotted us sitting on the bench and she signaled to her friends to go with her. Yeah. She approached us. I edged closer to Kris ge who was on my other side. Taeyong looked up to see who it was walking towards us. He leaned forward and cleared his throat.

 

Hua Chen: Hi Lu. Hi Kris...Xiumin...Xiao Yi...

Luhan: Yeah.

Kris: Hmmm..

Xiumin: .....*awkward smile*

Me: ...... *stare*

 

Hua Chen had smiled at Luhan really sweetly. And she noticed Taeyong beside me. I doubt she knew him since he was not at the party in Hong Kong.

 

Hua Chen: Oh. Hi there. What's your name?

 

She had picked the wrong guy to ask that question. Brat kid answered her, though.

 

Taeyong: Why do I need to answer you? Who are you?

Hua Chen: Oh..I'm Dong Hua Chen.

Taeyong: Soo Taeyong.

Hua Chen: President Soo Kui's son?

Taeyong: Yeah.

Hua Chen: Whoaaa! Nice to meet you, by the way. My dad is a friend of your appa.

 

Yeah right.

 

Snorts virtually.

 

The witch looked interested in Taeyong all of a sudden.

 

Back off, witch.

 

Taeyong just raised his eyebrow and continues to listen to his music, ignoring the witch.

 

Brat and witch had met.

 

LOL.

 

Hua Chen then flipped her hair and flirtatiously touched Luhan's arm while saying goodbye. Luhan sort of winced and he gave a fake smile. Kris chuckled as Xiumin snorted. Hua Chen walks away with her friends and Luhan made faces.

 

Kris bursts into laughter when the witch and her posse had gone.

 

Kris: Hey Lu, better go get disinfectant and spray yourself. That witch may have contaminated or infected you with some sort of weird virus. Hahahaha

 

Luhan kicked him and slapped his back. Kris continues laughing and slaps Luhan's back as well. Xiumin was observing Hua Chen and saw that she didn't go very far. She and her friends stayed just a few feet away.

 

Taeyong looked annoyed when he saw that the witch was looking at him. I expected him to go into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde mode, so I edged a little bit closer to Kris ge.

 

I took out my phone to text Tao and Baek about Hua Chen, but before I could even open my message app, he grabbed my phone and punches in his number, dials it...he was calling his phone with my phone. And when his phone rang, he pressed the end call button and gave my phone back to me.

 

Taeyong: You have my number now. I have yours. Call or text me if you need me....for anything.

 

He stood up and excused himself from Luhan, Kris and Xiumin. But he didn't say goodbye to me. Then he walked towards the elevators going back down to the basement parking. He had texted his driver as he walked. Hua Chen started following him, but he snaps at her and threatened her.

 

Taeyong: Stop following me if you don't want me to call the police. I hate stalkers.

 

And he walked away.

 

The witch had been taken aback. She stepped away from him and hurried towards the other direction.

 

Luhan: I shou;d have done that!

 

Kris and Xiumin patted his back.

 

I stared at the number on my screen. This was the brat's phone number. He had said I can call or text him if I needed anything from him. Should I save it or not? Well, we never know when his help would come in handy.

 

"BraTaeyong. Saved."

 

 


 

 

December 1.

 

Luhan, Kris and Xiumin's first day in Soo Kui and Associates.

 

All three went down for breakfast wearing slacks and long-sleeved shirts. Papa was still in Beijing and planned to go to Korea by Sunday. He had promised to watch the pre-gala show in which Suho, Chen and Kai participated.

 

Luhan: Ma, can you please help me with this tie? Hahaha. I don't think I did it right.

Mama: Okay. Come here.

Xiumin: Why wear a tie when you can still look presentable with just a white shirt and coat over it?

Luhan: Shush.

Kris: This tie seems to wanna kill me. It's strangling me orz.

 

And he removed his tie and placed it on the table. Suho who was seated next to him had placed the tie on the side. Luhan was still chuckling as mama straightened his tie. Sehun and Tao were looking at him with awe. They must be thinking why deer gege looked so handsome this morning going to work. LOL.

 

Papa would be taking the Sienna to work, so he lent Baek his car. He also told him to go and check the progress of the construction. Papa was kind of busy today since he would be hands on with orienting the three oldies with their tasks as his staff.

 

Papa: Baixian, after class, I need you to go check the construction progress. Do you have any practice or projects?

Baek: No papa, it's okay. I'll go. Skateboard practice is postponed until next Monday.

Papa: Alright. I'll need to get the most recent report from the engineer, okay?

Baek: Yes, pa. I'll secure a copy of that for you.

Papa: Very well. Suho.

Suho: Pa..

Papa: It would be better if you go accompany Baixian, too.

Suho: I have practice pa. It's everyday now that the pre-gala show is on Saturday. Chen and Kai will be with me.

Papa: Hmmm... Lay?

Lay: Ahh...uhmm...I have a group project pa. But I can go after I'm done.

Chanyeol: Pa, can I go instead?

Papa: Okay. You go with Baixian.

Chanyeol: Ne, arasseo.

Papa: Kyungsoo, Tao, Sehun, Xiao Yi...I need you to wait for Luhan to pick you up later. Don't go anywhere. Stay in one place before Luhan comes and picks you up.

 

"Yes papa."

 

Luhan had gone to eat his breakfast, happy that his tie was straightened up by mama. His hair was slicked backwards as well. He really looked like he was one of those models for office attire.

 

Papa was the one who dropped us off to school today, because the three oldies had to go to the office early. Papa had assigned someone to attend to them while he dropped us off in school. Sehun was in the front seat and bugging papa about letting him drive just one block.

 

Sehun: Just one block, pa. I can do it.

Papa: No.

Sehun: I already know how to drive...on a straight road...

Papa: When I say no, Shi Xun, I mean it.

Sehun: When will you allow me to drive?

Papa: When you have your license.

Sehun: But I need to know how to drive before I get a license, right?

Papa: Yes. Right.

Sehun: But you don't want me to drive.

Papa: Later.

Sehun: When?

Papa: You forgot to buckle up. Do it now.

 

I was on the first row and beside me was Tao. Kai sat behind me, while Kyungsoo beside him. On the way to school, Kai had played with my hair, pulled strands off it, and blew on my neck. I had to grab his hand and bit it. When my teeth started to sink in his arm, he quickly withdrew it and laughed.

 

Me: Don't touch me!

Kai: I'm not touching you.

Me: You pulled my hair!

Kai: I did not orz.

Me: Papa...

Kai: I swearrrrrr!

 

Just one name. Just one word. And they tremble. Papa. I combed my hair back in place. Tao was sleeping on his seat. Kyungsoo looking outside, deep in thought. Kai tickled my neck before he leaned back in his seat and laughed.

 

Me: Papa!

Papa: You better behave there at the back if you don't want me to stop the car and let you walk to school.

 

And the car was silent until we arrived in school.

 

Papa saw us get inside the school gates before he drove off to his office. He had wanted to make sure that we were safe inside the school grounds before he left.

 

Kai continued to annoy me while we walked towards the school buildings. He had plucked a leaf from a nearby shrub and used it to tickle my ears. I kept slapping his hand off, but he was quick. Tao followed his lead and got a pine tree needle. He used it to poke me. Of course it just broke and he had to run back to pick some new ones. He stuffed it inside my backpack. I kicked him and because he was a martial arts "expert," he was able to dodge it. I thought that Kyungsoo was not paying us any attention, but I just realized that he was chuckling as Tao stuffed my backpack with flower petals. Kyungsoo had picked some flowers that were along the pathway. Sehun just walked along and didn't join in the torture activity.

 

I swung my backpack and hit Tao and Kai. They rubbed where my bag hit them and I smiled triumphantly. Then I walked as fast as I could to my first class.

 

Kai: See you at lunch, Xiao Yi!

Tao: See you later, mei baobei!

Kyungsoo: Don't let Jungkook think someone else gave you flowers.

Kai: Oh yeah. You have your first class with him, right?

Sehun: Noisy in the halls.

 

And they giggled in laughter.

 

Arrrgghhhhh!!!

 

 

 


 

 

I had to stop outside my classroom and remove all leaves and flower petals out of my backpack. I grumbled as I threw them inside the nearest trash bin.

 

Taehyung: Emptying your garbage here in school?

Me: Huh? Oh..oh...yeah.

TY: Let me guess.

Me: Tao, Kai and Kyungsoo thought my backpack was the trashbin, thanks. You don't have to guess.

TY: That's what I thought, actually.

Me: Oh.

TY: I was following you.

Me: Stalker.

TY: I go to school here, too. And this is my classroom.

Me: I'm kidding.

TY: No, you're Xiao Yi.

Me: Min Taehyung, just help me get these all out of my bag, will you?

TY: Pfffttt... Okay sure.

 

And he helped me empty my bag of the traces of nature. I saw Jungkook pass by and enter the classroom.

 

I recalled him calling the night before. He had explained to me that he had asked for the pendant because his classmate had told him that they do engraving at their giftshop. She was the one he was texting that day. After Chanyeol's party, he had asked his Jin hyung to drop by the gift shop so he could give the pendant to have it engraved. He was able to get it back on Sunday morning.

 

"It was awkward asking for it back, you know. I didn't know you would feel bad about it. I should have told you before. I at explaining hmsdhfafhdfhskdfsd... Duibuqi, Xiao Yi-ah."

 

Him, speaking in Chinese. That was just...

 

Wheezes.

 

Taehyung: That's the last of it. Let's go inside.

Me: Huh? Oh yeah. Thanks.

 

I followed him inside the classroom. We took our usual seats; me in the front row, him behind me. Jungkook was on my right and Yue on my left.

 

JK: Hi.

Me: Hi.

JK: Had a good sleep?

Me: Hmm...yeah.

JK: That's good. Me too.

 

And he did that signature side smile.

 

And I died. Early in the morning.

 

No. I smiled.

 

 


 

 

After classes in the afternoon, we waited for Luhan. Tao had busied himself with playing on his phone. Kyungsoo was texting and Sehun was trying to see who it was he was texting with. Kyungie kept turning around, avoiding Sehun's nosey attempts to see his phone screen. We were in the waiting shed inside the school.

 

Sehun: Are you texting Chagiya, hyung?

Soo: No.

Sehun: Then why don't you let me see?

Soo: Why the need to see?

Sehun: I wanna know.

Soo: I don't wanna say.

Sehun: Because it's Chagiya?

Soo: Aishhh..get away from me.

Sehun: Tell me first.

Soo: Go away.

 

When Luhan arrived, Sehun snatched Kyungsoo's phone away and scrambled in the car and checked his phone. Kyungsoo ran after him and fought to get his phone back. I walked to the passenger door and got in. Tao got in the back, last.

 

Sehun: I knew it! It's Chagiya!

Soo: Setan! Give my phone back to me!

Sehun: Hyung has a girlfiend!

Soo: I do not.

Tao: She's not his girlfriend.

Sehun: She is.

Tao: She is his Chagiya!

Soo: Give me my phone back, Cinderella!

Luhan: Be quiet!

 

And silence fell. Just like that. Kyungsoo had snatched his phone back and put it back in his bag. Sehun made faces at him and rubbed his knee. Yeah. He tripped while he scrambled inside the car.

 

Luhan had deliberately dropped by the construction site to check on Baek and Chanyeol, under papa's orders. He stopped the car in front of the driveway and got out. He looked like a newly established manager just fresh from college. I was proud he was my gege.

 

I got out of the car as well. The three others at the back had gotten out of the car, too and we followed Luhan inside.

 

We missed this place. It's been like forever since we saw our house. It was different now. It was larger and the basement was almost done. Parking space was to be in the basement. The house was two floors. There was no paint yet and some of the rooms were still being constructed. I followed Luhan as he went inside to look for Baek and Chanyeol. Papa's car was parked just inside the gate. Baek and Chan were still here.

 

Tao and Sehun went to inspect the rooms in the ground floor. Kyungsoo followed me and Luhan. Sehun hugged a pillar and exclaimed that he already misses our house. Tao went about taking photos of each room he entered. The upper floor was still off limits, because it was not done.

 

Luhan found Baek and Chan hammering on a door. The engineer was instructing some workers a few feet away.

 

Luhan: Baekhyun! Chanyeol!

 

The two were startled. They each dropped the hammer they were holding. Chanyeol wiped his hands on the back of his pants and Baek smiled sheepishly.

 

Luhan: Why are you messing with that door?

Baek: I wasn't.

Chan: We were helping.

Luhan: Your uniforms are... What is that, Baixian?

 

Baek and Chan's uniforms were grey and brown. They had tried helping by mixing cement and carry lumber. Luhan scolded them for not changing their clothes before they did all those.

 

Baek then went to get the copy of the report from the engineer and handed it to Luhan. Chanyeol went out the back and called to Tao and Sehun to check out the pool. I went with them as well. Luhan was still going over the report with the engineer. Kyungsoo trailed behind and stopped abruptly.

 

Soo: Whoaaaa! Jinjja daebak!

Chanyeol: Ne, it is daebak.

 

The pool had a different look. It was not merely rectangular. Papa had said that he wanted to landscape the pool area, and indeed it was landscaped beautifully. There were a few palm trees just off the pool area and a glass gazebo by the garden path.

 

Tao: I wanna move back now.

Sehun: Me too.

Soo: Me three.

Chan: Don't we all?

Baek: We can't.

Sehun: Why?

Baek: Because Lu ge is already calling us. We have to go back now.

 

So we said goodbye to the pool and went to Luhan. He thanked the engineer and counted us first and led the way back to the car. Baek and Chanyeol in papa's car, they followed Luhan as he drove towards our temporary home.

 

 


 

 

Evening.

 

Everyone was home and papa called us for a brief meeting.

 

We converged in the dining area. The only place large enough to accomodate us all, sitting down properly. It looked like we were at a business conference.

 

Papa: It's high time that there was another girl in this family.

Sehun: Mama is pregnant?

 

Everyone of us turned to look at mama, who shook her head and smiled.

 

Papa: No, your mama is not pregnant. What I want to say is that...the new addition to our family is none other than Ahn Sohee. Your Xiumin hyung's girlfriend. He told me this afternoon. And I'm happy. I'm leaving for Korea by Sunday. I hope to meet her when I get there.

 

"Gongxi, gege!"

 

"Chuk-ha-habnida hyungie!"

 

"When can we meet her?"

 

"Awww...Sohee nuna!"

 

"I already know."

 

"How did you know, Zitao?"

 

"Because I'm that good."

 

"Aaaahhhh! I finally have a nuna!"

 

"New sister!"

 

"Let's do video call with her!"

 

"Boys. It's not proper to just do a video call with her at this time of night."

 

Xiumin looked tired, but relaxed that he finally had been able to tell papa. And it went well. He smiled.

 

"If Xiao Yi and Jungkook get married, then we'll gain a new brother, too."

 

Wu Sehun. Your timing is...untimely.

 

"So it's true?"

 

"Ayiiiii!"

 

"JungYiiiiii!"

 

"What about Taeyong?"

 

"Taehyung?"

 

Mama had looked at papa as if to say, "Taeyong...and Jungkook...Not a good idea. I told you so." Papa sighed and raised both hands in surrender to mama.

 

And at that precise moment, my phone beeped. And vibrated. Beeped again. It was a call. I took it out my pocket.

 

Jungkook.

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

The bullies called out loudly.

 

"It's Kookie, ne?"

 

"Goodnight JUNGKOOK!"

 

"Muahh..muahh...Kookie!"

 

Awkward.

 

I ran upstairs as I talked to him.

 



XiuHee JungYi KyungQiao the WU ships are sailing. Who's next? LOL. Anyway, I got Blanket Kick on loop, together with 24/7 Heaven and Danger. Way to start my day. ^_^ I hope you do have a wonderful day too.  → ♥♥♥ 吳愛你們!我愛你們!

Here's a gif I found of Kookie playing with a puppy. So cute >.<