僵尸 (Jiangshi)

Th13teen

 

Friday. The day. I couldn't concentrate on my classes. I had to look at my watch every now and then. During the morning, I kept looking at my watch until the bell rang for lunch break. After lunch, I had to check my watch as to when it would show the short hand on number 3 and long hand on number 6, otherwise known as 3:30 PM, end of classes for the day.

 

 

 

Before that, let us acknowledge the fact that because it was Friday, Kris ge had finished his advanced exams and was in the confines of the basketball court, practicing by himself. Because by this Sunday until Saturday of next, he'd be in Japan. He was already excused from class today, so he just came to school to practice. He had lunch with us middle school kids and the whole cafeteria had buzzed with excitement as they beheld my dragon gege in his basketball uniformed glory. I could hear phone camera sounds clicking and Kris ge's not so subtle swearing as he realized people were taking pictures and videos of him. Again.

 

 

 

After lunch, I hurried to my next class. Baekhyun had to chase me halfway down the path because I had forgotten my binder...where I had my homework. I grinned and bowed to him in thanks. He pinched my cheeks as he said "You're welcome, mei baobei." I crinkled my nose and attempted to stomp at his foot, but he stepped away faster than I stepped on it. He then half ran, half walked back to his next class.

 

 

 

And as I mentioned earlier, I couldn't concentrate the rest of my last class. I handed out my homework and went back to my seat and daydreamed. I doodled on my notebook instead of take notes. This last class I shared with 3 of my friends; Yue, Ling Yan and Shana. They were in on the plan, so they too were kind zoning out, like me. Shana had been more open to me this time and asked if I knew that Sehun would be going to the horror house. I had told her that he would be attending skateboarding practice after class and will go after with Chanyeol.

 

 

 

The four of us exchanged sticky-note messages during class to fight boredom and to prevent ourselves from zoning out totally. We didn't think the teacher noticed because most of the time, she had her back to the class and was writing something on the board. Since I was not really paying attention, I didn't know what it was that she wrote. I thought I'd just ask to borrow notes from my other classmates later. I guess I was just lucky that day because the teacher didn't call on me, or anyone for that matter, to come to the front and read for the class. Usually, this teacher does this. She calls one student to the front and let him or her read out the lesson to us, while she wrote it on the board.

 

 

 

Rrrrrrrrring!

 

 

 

 

The bell rang 3:30 PM. This was it! But instead of getting up from my chair and making my way out the classroom as quickly as possible, I dawdled. I took my sweet time. When earlier I wanted my classes to end and be 3:30 already, now I wanted to turn back time. My stomach was churning. I turned my head to look at Yue. She was also just sitting on the chair beside me, looking back at me. Our other classmates were already stuffing their things back into their bags and getting ready to leave. Ling Yan pulled her chair nearer, propped up her elbows on the armchair and rested her chin on her hands. Shana, on the other hand, got up and started stuffing her things in her bag and talking fast.

 

 

 

Shana: Aren't you getting u pfrom there? Jungkook might be waiting outside already.

Yue: Shhhhhh....And he won't be waiting outside. They're supposed to meet at the horror house.

Shana: Aish. Same thing, get up from there. He might be there already.

Me: OTL. I don't wanna look to eager or something.

Shana: You won't be.

Me: I might get there earlier than him?

Shana: If you get there early, then just tell him that Luhan had to attend to soccer practice ASAP, so he had to drive you there earlier.

Me: Sheesh, Shana. Please. I'm nervous as it is.

Ling Yan: Doesn't Luhan have any idea at all?

Me: Nope.

Ling Yan: This is a little bit reckless, you know.

Me: I know. But we already talked about this.

Yue: Just shhhhh girls. If anybody overhears you...

Me: Exactly. Thank you, Yue.

Yue: Buyong xie.

Shana: I hope I see Sehun.

Me: You like my brother.

Shana: Uhm...can I?

Me: Sure. But you have a rival.

Shana: Who? That Allie?

Me: Yes. She's always with him whenever I see her or Sehun. I think she has an unspoken admiration for my brother, too. Like you.

Shana: Aish. Don't make me bllush, Xiao Yi.

Me: Hahaha. They're like classmates in all subjects, I guess.

Shana: Does he like her, though?

Me: I don't know. But Tao ge had been teasing them before, and FYI, Tao is the family spy. If he says something, it meant it's proven or something.

Shana: Ouch.

Ling Yan: There's still Kai?

Shana: You like Kai?

Ling Yan: Doesn't everybody else?

Yue: I don't. No offense, Xiao Yi.

Me: Hey, no problem.

Ling Yan: So, which Wu brother are you interested in, Yue?

Yue: Uhm...let's go girls. I think your Luhan ge might be outside waiting for us already.

Ling Yan: Not fair. Tell us.

Me: Let me take a guess. None of my brothers.

Yue: OTL. Shhhhh...

Ling Yan: Spill it out!

Me: She has a crush on...

 

 

 

Jimin and Taehyung had passed by our classroom. We were seated near the windows and we saw them walk slowly past. They were in the same grade level, anyway, so they would probably be walking from their last class going home or somewhere else.

 

 

 

Me: ...that guy.

Shana: Who? Which one?

Me: Jimin.

Yue: Oh my god, please. SHHHHHHHHHHH...

Shana: Jimin is Jungkook's brother, right?

Me: Yep.

Ling Yan: His Jin gege is cuter, though. For me, at least.

Yue: But he's a junior.

Ling Yan: Duh? Who says juniors can't be cute? Look at Lay...Ooops, sorry Xiao Yi.

Me: What are you saying sorry for? Lay gege is cute, I know. Runs in the family. Ahemm. Ahahaha.

Ling Yan: Don't take me as some kind of , Xiao Yi, but your brothers are hot. Just saying.

Me: What are you--? Hahaha. Please, what did you do to Ling Yan?

Ling Yan: I've just been bitten by the Wu bug. And I got the Wu disease. I'm sorry girls.

Shana: But Sehun is mine.

Ling Yan: Oh yes, dear.

Me: You are talking about my brothers like that in front of me.

Yue: Exactly.

Me: I'm the one getting awkward here.

Ling Yan: Okay, let us go now, before I say something else about your Kris ge.

Me: Hahahaha. Remind me to tell him you have a crush on him.

Ling Yan: Uh...no. Please don't. Ahahaha. I'm not ready to die yet.

Me: Okay, I won't.

 

 

 

And with that, we got up and stuffed our things back into our bags. Shana, already done, went to the door ahead of us and stared outside. I guess she was scanning the area for a glimpse of Sehun. LOL. Anyway, we followed her and walked through the hallway and out the building. Before we stepped out, Shana spotted Luhan waiting by his car in front of the building. He was texting someone by the looks of it, since he looked like he was typing on his phone. Instead of waiting at the parking lot, he drove right to the front of the building and parked under the shade of a pine tree. Pine trees were lined in front of the building and some cars were also parked there. Mostly cars of faculty members or students who preferred the shade of the pine trees rather than the parking lot.

 

 

 

 

Shana: Oh my god. For a minute there, I thought it was Sehun.

Yue: Damn right you are.

Ling Yan: I thought it was just me.

Me: Huh?

Yue: I know. You can't be confused because he's your brother.

Me: I don't know why people still mistake them for each other.

Ling Yan: You know what, if you were a boy...or if they were girls...you guys could be triplets.

Me: I've heard that before.

Shana: But you're not my crush. I just want to point that out.

Yue: No worries, dear. We know there is only Sehun in your heart.

 

 

 

We went down the building and toward Luhan. He looked up and smiled. I crinkled my nose at him as he reached out his hand to ruffle my hair. Urgh. I felt like a 5 year old kid whenever he or any of the older boys did that to me. I pushed his hand away and combed my hair, with my fingers, back in place. I opened the passenger door and got in. He then opened the backseat door to let my friends in the car. Awwww, such a gentleman. I usually just open the door for myself, but I didn't think it was less gentleman of him not to open it for me. I found the gesture cute when he does it for others. I was weird like that. Yep. LOL. Anyway, there wasn't much talk on the way to the horror house. Luhan had just asked me what time would he be coming to pick us up. Yue and the other girls had declined his offer to drive them home too. They told him that they already arranged for either their dad or driver to come pick them up. That was part of the plan. Yue had asked his dad to pick her up from the horror house, and same went for the other 2. I told Luhan to pick me up around 6:30 PM. Well, 2 hours with Jungkook was enough for the day, right?

 

 

 

Luhan didn't seem to notice that there was some sort of conspiracy going on, and he was the only one who didn't know. I sort of felt guilty about it, but I also kind of felt nervous and excited at the same time. OTL. This was going to be in my most memorable moments in middle school. Remind me to write that in my journal later. Hahaha xP

 

 

 

We arrived at the horror house just 15 minutes later. It wasn't that far from the school. We usually pass by the property, where the horror house was, going to school. The owner of the property was based abroad and the house they constructed in the middle of the property abandoned. And because it was abandoned, it looked every inch a haunted house. I think that's why they made it into a horror house business. They only ever opened during Halloween week. Just for 7 days, every year. And because today was the opening, there was some sort of raffle draw going on inside one of the booths that were lined up in front of the house. There was a festive mood inside. Even if most of the decorations were scary-looking, people were smiling instead of getting scared.

 

 

 

Luhan parked the car outside the gate of the property. There wasn't any high wall, instead, there was a wrought-iron fence around the area. It was barely 4 PM, so the atmosphere didn't feel eerie because it was still bright. He didn't get out of the car anymore. He made me promise not to go home by myself and to wait for him. He also told me to call him for any emergency. I promised him and then he went on his way. Ling Yan had waved goodbye at Luhan and sweetly sighed, "Byebye Luhan ge." I cleared my throat and she laughed at me. I told her that Lu ge was too old for her. She told me that I was just being a jealous little sister. I just nodded and laughed. Well, maybe I was.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

So, there we were just outside the ticket booth for the horror house. It was where Jungkook had told me to wait for him. There were a few benches scattered around the area, but most of them were occupied. We decided to just wait for him, standing up. Yue saw him first. She nudged me by the elbow and nodded towards the palm reading booth. I stifled a laugh. Jungkook had his palm read? Why? OMG. LOL. Yue was giggling as well. I guess she was thinking the same thing as me. Jungkook was with Jimin and another guy. We didn't know who the other guy was, but I guessed he was either his classmate or Jimin's classmate. When he saw us, he grinned and waved his hand. He then tapped Jimin's back and gestured for him to follow. He walked over to where we were and greeted as he stopped in front of us.

 

 

 

JK: Hi.

Me: Hi.

JK: So, you guys ready?

Ling Yan: Maybe? Ooooh, you went to the palm reading booth? I wanna go try. Let's go!

 

 

 

And she grabbed Yue's hand and pulled her toward the palm reading booth. She stopped abruptly and seemed to be calculating something from her mind. Then she grabbed Jimin's hand with her other hand and pulled him along. "I need you to come with us, too. Awwww, this is gonna be fun."

I had the feeling that she was giving me and Jungkook privacy, and at the same time, was also matchmaking Yue and Jimin. Shana giggled and waved at us, then she ran to follow the other three. The other guy who was with Jungkook and Jimin followed the other group and waved at Jungkook and wiggled his eyebrows. Oh god. He didn't have to be so obvious. I chuckled. But then I felt the tension building up. I was alone with Jungkook. And we were going to go inside the horror house any minute now. I dropped my gaze and pretended to be fixing the folds of my school jacket.

 

 

 

JK: I'm...gonna go buy tickets.

Me: Okay.

JK: Okay...give me a few minutes.

Me: Sure, I'll wait here.

 

 

 

What is this awkwardness doing in my head? Aish. I watched him walk toward the ticket booth. There was already a short line in front. I stared at his back and imagined myself standing beside him and just inhaling his scent. He smelled really nice today. Well, he always smelled nice whenever I came across him or bump into him. Wait. What am I saying? Let us not talk about him smelling like musky manly vanilla and peppermint...whatever Xiao Yi. I couldn't describe his scent. It was shangyin...addictive. I might get on overdose if I don't stop talking about it. xP

 

 

 

He glanced at me twice, before he got to the front of the line and bought the tickets. I pretended to be looking away when he glanced. But I thought he caught me looking at him the first time he turned his head to check up on me. I had to keep my head turned the other way, because I knew I was blushing. I was also giggling and grinning.

 

 

 

He walked back with the tickets. I could see a strong jawline when he made a little movement of his mouth. My gawd. I had to pretend to fix my hair to hide my smile.

 

 

 

JK: I got the tickets. Maybe we should get your blood pressure first? Hahah.

Me: On the contrary, I think we should get your blood pressure first.

JK: No need. I got this. Manly man inside this body. *taps chest with fist*

Me: Sure. Sure. We will see, mister manly man.

JK: Ahhh...the horror house will open in 15 minutes. We can't go in yet.

Me: Awww...so, we'll wait outside?

JK: Wanna go get something to eat? Uh wait...not a good idea... *burst out laughing*

Me: Hey, what's funny?

JK: You might, uhm, "expel" it once we are inside the horror house. You know, cause you got scared and all...

Me: Rubbish. Let's go eat. But then, maybe you'll be the one to "expel" it later.

JK: Are you sure?

Me: Yep.

JK: Alright. What do you wanna have?

 

 

 

I wanna have you, please.

 

 

 

Me: They sell corndogs over there.

JK: Okay. Let's go. My treat.

Me: Oooh, extravagant.

JK: Geez. It's not much.

Me: I was only kidding.

 

 

 

I risked patting his back. He chuckled as I did so. Then he immitated me and patted my back, too. "I know. It's okay." Mutual understanding. We both laughed.

 

 

 

There was an empty bench by the corndogs stall. I went to sit there while I ate. He asked me to hold his food for him as went back to the stall. He had disappeared for about a minute or two, but when he came back, he was carrying two cherry cokes, one on each hand. How thoughtful. And he had a good memory. I think I'm gonna keep him forever. xD

 

 

 

JK: Here you go. One for you, and one for me.

Me: Thanks.

JK: Welcome.

 

 

 

While we ate, I let my eyes wander off around the area. I scanned the area for signs of Yue and the rest of them, but I couldn't see them. Where on earth were they? I was worried that Chanyeol and Sehun might arrive and bump into them. I needed to remind them that they should steer clear from any of my brothers. Not even Sehun, because he was with Chanyeol. I took out my phone and composed a message. I could see Jungkook glance at my phone. I didn't mind it, he can look at my phone anytime he wants to. I put on my best poker face and finished composing my message. I pressed send and pocketed my phone. I ate the last of my corndog and washed it off with the cherry coke. I caught him steal a glance at me about thrice. Everytime he did that, from my peripheral view, I could see him look away and do a side smile.

 

 

Me: It's a nice day, right?

JK: Hmm...

Me: I think the horror house is open by now.

JK: Let my stomach digest the food for a few minutes first, then we will go.

Me: Good point.

 

 

 

A few girls I recognized from school passed by. When they saw Jungkook, they giggled and chorused, "Hi Kookie." He smiled and said hi. I could see that the girls wanted to say something else at him but when they saw me, they hesitated and just waved goodbye at him. OTL. I was not his girlfriend, but I didn't like the way they looked at him. I tried to test him.

 

 

 

Me: Did you know who it was?

JK: No. But I just know they go to our school.

Me: Ah...yep. They do.

JK: Do you know them?

Me: Not personally, no. But the one that had a pink headband was Baihe. (*Lily)

JK: She's pretty...err..

Me: Yes, she is. Their family owns the Banana Leaf in Haidian.

JK: The Thai restaurant?

Me: Yes.

JK: Maybe I should ask for free lunch treat from her. Hahah.

Me: Maybe you should give the free lunch to me, because I am going to win this dare today.

JK: Right...No. I'm gonna win. And I think we better go now, or else we won't be able to go at all. Luhan hyung might come pick you up already.

Me: Then, by default, I win. Because you got scared.

JK: Scared at Luhan, yeah.

 

 

He got up from the bench and got the empty coke can from me and went to throw it at the nearest trash can. I got up and straightened my skirt. I was still in my school uniform, by the way. Well, most of the people who were here were wearing school uniforms. I had left my backpack in Luhan's car. I only had my phone and wallet in my pocket with me. Then I just realized that Jimin was carrying Jungkook's backpack for him. Supportive older brother, huh. LOL.

 

 

Jungkook then went to walk beside me going to the entrance of the haunted house. They had draped two large banners like a curtain on either side of the doorframe. If I had not looked closely, I would have been startled by someone who suddenly appeared from behind the banner. Jungkook handed the tickets to the attendant at the door and exhaled loudly.

 

 

JK: This is it. *flex muscles and do stretching*

Me: Good luck.

JK: Good luck, too.

Me: Let's go?

JK: Yup. At the count of three... One, two, three...

 

 

And we went inside the door of the house. Damn it was so dark. Sorry for the cursing, but it was dark. There was only the faint light of something ahead of us. There wasn't any guide, so we had to make our way to the exit on our own. I was not scared of ghosts or any of the like, though. I was scared of tripping and falling into a pit or something. I almost grabbed Jungkook's had as I felt something slither near my foot. I laughed instead, more at being able to stop myself from holding on to him than realizing that the thing that slithered was probably one of the props of the haunted house.

 

 

JK: Why is it too dark?

Me: Maybe they weren't able to pay their electricity bill, so they had to cutt off some lines?

JK: Maybe? Hahaha. What if something appears right in front of you now?

Me: Then I would say hi to it and continue to walk.

JK: Alright.

 

 

Eerie sound came from one of the doors. We didn't know which door to take that will lead us to the exit, so we tried all the doors. As we entered a door, I heard someone scream and the sound of feet running away. One down. I chuckled. Jungkook was leading the way and he was trying to feel his way inside the room. There was only a candle light on a table. The room went suddenly cold and I could hear chains being dragged on the floor. Then I looked to my right and saw a staircase. I could hear the chains being dragged coming from upstairs. And it was going down the stairs. I tapped Jungkook's back.

 

 

Me: Something's going to go down the stairs.

JK: Are you scared?

Me: No! I was just telling you.

JK: Okay. So I guess this is not the way to the exit because there is a staircase.

Me: Yeah. Let's go back.

 

 

As we made our way back, the sound of the chains were getting louder. The candle was suddenly blown off by a cold gust of wind. I was leading the way this time. Jungkook tapped my back and told me to go faster. I had to laugh out loud and told him that if I wasn't mistaken, he was afraid that whoever was dragging the chains might catch him and made a meal out of him. He snickered and grabbed my hand and pulle me towards the door. When we got out of that room, he led me to another door that was open wide. The lights from this room were from lowly lit chandeliers. I could see what was in the room a little better. Then I noticed Jungkook was still holding my hand. I didn't wanna pull away, lest it became awkward when he noticed too, so I just let him pull me by the hand as we made our way into the room going to what looked like another door.

 

 

 

JK: This is probably the way. This looks like a great hall. Like a receiving room or something. The exit's probably through that door.

Me: Are you sure? Maybe we are lost.

JK: I don't mind getting lost in here with you.

Me: What?

JK: I mean, I'm not worried about getting lost. They'd probably check the place before they close for the night, anyway.

Me: But it will take at least a few more hours. Luhan must have called the cops by that time.

JK: That would be the scary part.

Me: I know, right.

JK: So you admit that you are afraid of Luhan, too.

Me: I never said I wasn't.

JK: Then, you also lose.

Me: Uh...hahaha.

JK: Wait...wait...I think we are really lost.

 

 

The door we came in from was different from the rest of the doors we saw earlier. Then I saw a red light on top of a door that was sort of hidden from view. "STAFF ONLY." I nudged Jungkook and pointed at that door. He burst out laughing and urged me to go check it out. I shook my head and told him that if someone finds out we were in a "personnel only" area, we'd get scolded. He assured me that we won't really go inside. He just wanted to peek and see what was inside. I stood where I was and told him it was a bad idea. Then before he could say anything else, the door opened. We both scrambled to hide behind what looked like a prop. One of the horror house staff walked out of the room with a folder on one hand. He was holding a styro-coffee cup in the other.

 

 

Jungkook stepped backward a little bit more to hide better. I held my breath and giggled as Jungkook fell backward and landed with his on the floor. He ended up holding a hand to his mouth to prevent himself from laughing out loud. This was not a horror house experience. It was more like comedy house. I had wanted to laugh, but I was scared the staff would find us and scold us. I waited until he was out of sight, then I gave out a snicker.

 

 

JK: I didn't see that coming orz. Hahah.

Me: This is a comedy house. Not a horror house.

JK: Let's go before that guy comes back and sees us here. Hahaha.

Me: Good idea.

 

 

I helped him up, and as I did so, awkwardness dominated the situation. His hand was warm, I had just noticed. His fingers were firmly clasped into mine so as not to fall as I pulled him up. As soon as he was standing up, I withdrew my hand and placed it in my pockets. He did the same. Then he cleared his throat.

 

JK: So...uh, let's go.

 

I would go anywhere for you.

 

We made our way back to the door and looked for another way out. We heard more screams ahead. Then suddenly, something fell from the ceiling. I jumped to the side, and checked what it was that fell down. It looked like a severed hand. I walked past it. Jungkook nudged it with his foot wanting to know what kind of material it was made of, and before he was able to verify, another thing fell. This time, it was a bloody head with one eye poking out from the sockets. If I hadn't been watching bloody horror movies with my brothers, I could have screamed right there and then, because as soon as the head thumped to the floor, it's body came falling next. Jungkook had to leap aside, so he won't get drenched in fake blood raining from the ceiling. Yes, I was not a fan of horror movies, but it didn't mean I was a scaredy cat. If there was one who was a scaredy cat, it was Tao. He got scared by little eerie stuff. Even just the sound of a creaking door, he'd jump up and exhale loudly. He was the easiest to scare and surprise. If there was another one who was a scaredy cat, it was Baekhyun. He didn't show it much, but we know deep inside he's shivering. LOL. He'd just be silent the whole time and try to assess the situation. If there was really something to be scared of, he'd remain silent. If there was none, he'd continue what he was doing.

 

 

Anyway, we sort of gave up looking for the exit. We just went through every room we could find and end up either getting rained on with decapitated bodies and body parts with fake blood or met with a mummy actor and troll. We could hear more screams from the other rooms of the house. Then we found ourselves in what looked like a dungeon. Dracula's lair. Except that it looked more like the Chinese vampire's lair. There was an open coffin at the center of the room. The lights were dim, as they were only candle light. There was a body lying inside the coffin. It was not breathing. If it was an actor, it should have been breathing. Yellow paper with spells, known as the Bagua signs, written on it was stuck on its forehead. There were other yellow paper with spells, stuck on the sides of the coffin.

 

 

Me: Do you know what it is?

JK: A vampire.

Me: Yep. Jiangshi. Chinese vampire.

JK: We call it gangshi.

Me: Do you wanna touch it?

JK: No.

Me: You're scared.

JK: Nope.

Me: Then, touch it.

JK: Okay.

 

 

And he walked over to the coffin and slowly stretched out his hand to touch the jiangshi's nose. I slowly walked toward him and stood beside him. I held my breath, in an attempt to prevent myself from laughing. Jungkook's hand was almost touching the nose and he withdrew it. Then he sat on the floor laughing.

 

 

JK: Wait. Let me catch my breath.

Me: Just touch it.

JK: What if it grabs my hand?

Me: Then shake it off?

JK: Not with my weak insides right now. Give me a minute to restart my system.

Me: Alright captain.

JK: Why don't you touch it?

Me: Why me?

JK: You said you are not afraid.

Me: What if it hops up and grabs me?

JK: I'm here, I'll save you.

Me: Awwww...that's kinda...sweet.

JK: You think so?

Me: Hmm...yeah.

JK: Glad to know that you think so.

Me: Because it's true.

JK: Hey... Tell me, did you come here with me because of the dare, or was it because you like my company?

Me: Maybe a little of both.

JK: *ducks head and smiles* Ahh...sounds...nice...

Me: Uhm, tell me, did you come here because of the dare, or was it because you like my company?

JK: A little of both....maybe?

Me: Same answer...right...

JK: Yeah...right.

Me: You're funny, you know that?

JK: No, I don't. *laughs* You're fun to be with, too.

Me: Thanks.

JK: Just telling the truth. So, uhm....

Jiangshi: Are you guys going to touch me or are you just going to sit there and do lovey dovey stuff? I can't hold my breath anymore, you know.

 

 

Both of us turned our heads toward the voice. When we saw that the jiangshi had sat up and was looking at us with his bloodshot eyes, we wasted no time running away. Yes. We screamed. That was kind of unexpected. And believe it or not, we found the exit while running away from the jiangshi. After looking at the red "EXIT" sign, our eyes met. We knew we both lost the dare. Damn! That actor was good. LOL.

 

 

 


 

 

 

As we made our way out the horror house, I could sense that he was about to reach for my hand, but then out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Luhan, standing with his back to us, talking to someone. It was a girl. I quickly looked for a place to hide and pulled Jungkook into a corner where a huge banner was hanging from the ceiling. I thought it could hide us from Luhan's view in case he turns around. Jungkook was startled but let himself be pulled into the corner.

 

 

Girl: So, see you next Friday?

Luhan: Huh...fine. Yeah.

Girl: Okay, take care Lu

Luhan: *grunt*

Girl: I can't wait.

Luhan: I know...me too...

 

 

Wait. Was that sarcastic or not? Oh my god! Who was that? I inched myself closer to the wall and strained my ears, the better to hear what they were saying and for me to be able to see who it was that Luhan was talking to. I could only see the top of the girl's head from where I was hiding. I could feel Jungkook's breath behind me as we were sort of squished into the corner. I had probably pulled him closer than was necessary. Hey, I was surprised to see Luhan so early to pick me up. And I was even more surprised that he was talking to a girl...about...meeting her somewhere...show?

 

 

Then I saw her. The girl who was talking to Luhan. She had started to walk away from my brother, but she turned around to give him a flying kiss.

 

 

Dong Hua Chen.

 

 

Miss Darkness.

 

 

I had wanted to curse and shout at that moment. What was she doing here...with Luhan? What was that about? I mean, they sort of like agreed to meet...? Wait. I was not sure anymore. Didn't Luhan say he didn't like her? But why would he just- I mean, I heard him say "Yeah," to that miss darkness. Hello? I rolled my eyes in frustration. I started to pull my hair, but I heard my name being called. It was a whisper.

 

 

"Xiao Yi..."

 

 

Oh yeah. I was with Jungkook. Aish. Can I die now? This was so humiliating. I probably looked like an idiot about to pull my hair. I managed to smile sheepishly. We continued talking in whispers.

 

 

JK: I think I should go the other way...?

Me: Oh...yeah...wait...

JK: Okay.

Me: I mean, that girl was...you know her?

JK: Dong Hua Chen? Yes, why?

Me: How come you know her?

JK: She's sort of Jin hyung's friend.

Me: What? She's a friend of your brother?

JK: Uh...not really that close. I mean they just knew each other back in Hong Kong, during that party appa's boss threw. You were there, right?

Me: Oh...oh...that...yeah.

 

 

What was that girl playing at? I knew she hit on Luhan and Kris ge. But I didn't know that she also hit on Kim Seokjin. Oh holy eff, no way! Luhan ge must know. I wanted to throw a tantrum and ask Luhan to call off his date with that girl. I had to do something now, before it got worse. But I didn't wanna leave Jungkook, either. Urghh... But I had to temporarily say goodbye. I hesitated for a few minutes, then I sighed. I fanned myself and he seemed to get my cue and he stepped away a little from me.

 

 

 

JK: Ooops. Sorry. *scratch back of head and awkward smile*

Me: (Oh my god, don't do this to me. I might die.) No, it's okay. I think I better get going now.

JK: Yup. Your Luhan ge might notice you are with me.

Me: Hmm... *chuckles* It's a good thing Yue and the others went to the other horror booths, otherwise, they might have bumped into Luhan.

JK: Yeah. So..uh...I'll go this way. I'll probably find Jimin by the takoyaki food stall. Hahah.

Me: Yeah, okay. Uhm, thanks for today.

JK: *side smile* No biggie.

Me: You're doing my math homework for 2 days. And 2 lunches.

JK: You're gonna treat me for lunch...and do my English Lit homework.

Me: Sure, slave.

JK: Ah-ah. You are my slave, too.

Me: Grrr...

JK: Hahah... *chuckles, reach hand to the back of neck and mutters* ...cute.

Me: Shenme?

JK: Nothing.

 

 

But I heard him. I pretended I didn't hear him calling me "cute." I just wanted to keep it to myself. I playfully punched his shoulders and he acted as if it hurt and rubbed it.

 

 

JK: Okay...I'm gonna go now before you beat me up to death.

Me: Yeah, you go now before Luhan sees you and beat you up to death.

JK: Maybe I should walk right in front of him. Hmmm...and say, "Hi, oppa." Hahaha.

Me: Don't you dare. LOL.

JK: Kidding. Okay, see you on Monday, lunch. Neh?

Me: Yes, okay captain. See you then.

 

 

He gave me a fatal smile before he turned around and walked toward the other way, where Luhan could not see him. He turned around just before he disappeared in the corner to wave at me and smile. I waved back at him. And yes, I smiled.

 

 

I walked dreamily to where Luhan was, leaning on the railings of the building. He was looking at the different booths that lined the entrance to the horror house. He didn't see me walking up to him. I had to wave my hand up to his face before he noticed I was there. When he saw me, his face suddenly changed from looking like he was in deep thought, to a happy one.

 

 

Luhan: Ah, here you are. You had fun?

Me: Yup.

Luhan: Ready to go?

Me: Mmm-hmmm. Uhm, Lu ge?

Luhan: Yes?

Me: I saw you talking to Hua Chen.

Luhan: Hmmm...

Me: Are you going out on a date with her?

Luhan: Let's go home.

 

 

His face suddenly switched again to one that needed no other description except "annoyed" and he started to walk towards the parking lot. I didn't press it on and just followed him to his car. Chanyeol and Sehun, as if on cue, appeared wearing what looked like devil headbands.

 

 

Chanyeol: Hyung! You wanna come? We're gonna go in the horror house next.

Sehun: Yep. We went to the black magic booth just now. It was awesome.

Luhan: Get in the car, both of you.

Chanyeol: Wha- Why-?

Luhan: Now.

Sehun: ......

Chanyeol: At least we were able to go in one booth. Better than none.

Sehun: ......

 

 

I was already seated in the passenger side, so they went to the backseat. Sehun looked crushed and Chanyeol was eyeing Luhan suspiciously. Personally, I was thankful that not one of them saw me with Jungkook. But on the other hand, I was also sorry that I was able to witness that scene with Luhan and Hua Chen. Damn. It made my day only half perfect.

 

 

Grrrrr....

 

 

 



 

I am speechless. xD   Well, Kookie and Xiao Yi sure had fun inside the horror house. But what's going on with Luhan and Hua Chen? Hey, hey... Chagiya chapter next. Jiayou to Kyungsoo! Lots of Wu love to all of you!  ♥♥♥  吴爱你们!我爱你们!(Wu Ai Nimen! Wo Ai Nimen!) ☺ 

Anyway, I'd like to thank EXO's Baby Don't Cry and BTS' One Day for giving me the feels and inspiration writing this chapter. Also, this video...which made me giggle a lot while writing this chapter. LOL. → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdmTHA5JR1o