JungYi vs. TaeYi (Part 1)

Th13teen

 

 

The next week was exam week for Kris ge. The week when he was to go to Japan was our exam week. Starting Monday the next week, he got up really early to do a quick review on his lessons and recited some of them while eating breakfast. Papa had left for South Korea. Even though they already had an office in Beijing, he was still needed to travel back and forth their existing offices; Beijing, Hong Kong, and South Korea. Mr. Soo-Kui had left Jungkook's papa to man their Beijing office. Mr. Min had been asked to man their Hong Kong office. Papa had accompanied Mr. Soo-Kui to South Korea to meet a prospective business partner. That's why papa had to stay for a little while there. The atmosphere at home were back to normal. Normal, in the sense that only my older brothers were in charge of the family. Mama was busy with her medical school studies, so she only ever was home on weekends aside from every evening after her classes.

 

 

Going back to Kris ge and his exams, he had asked Xiumin and Luhan to test him while eating breakfast. The two other oldies were game because they could get some pointers for the exam. However, Kris had said that his exam was special, so not all exam questions would be the same as on the examination week for the rest of the seniors. Luhan had dismissed that, instead, he borrowed Kris' notes and copied them. Xiumin had asked Luhan to photocopy the notes, so he could study them as well. Kris just laughed at them and insisted that the teachers would have given a different set of exam questions for the rest of them.

 

 

Halloween was approaching. Just a few more days and it was Halloween. Exam week fell on the week after Halloween, but the students in school were busy decorating classrooms and halls in scary stuff. Our homeroom decided to decorate it with the vampire lair theme. It was no ordinary vampire lair though. As our class composed of different nationalities, having students from other countries, we incorporated all vampire details from each country and created a "masterpiece," as Tao had quipped after he came by our classroom to tell me we'd be eating lunch together.

 

 

Since it was a Monday, I had classes with Jungkook and Taehyung. And since it was a Monday, Yue was absent. Her groupmates had to sit by us to join our discussion about our lesson. Our teacher had given us a book to read and were supposed to discuss the story among ourselves, talking in english. She was going around the class to listen to everyone as we discussed.

 

 

Taehyung had improved a lot. But as usual, he was one who joked around when asked what he learned about the story he read. He'd answer correctly, of course, but at the beginning of each answer, he'd say, "according to the prophecy." I wanted to laugh, but I had to be serious. My other classmates were laughing their butts off, though. Especially the girls. Our teacher had stopped by our group and listened to our discussion. It was Jungkook who was speaking at that time, and when he saw our teacher, he just smiled and went blank. Then he showed the peace sign to our teacher and ducked his head, laughing.

 

 

 

Teacher: Go on, Mr. Kim. Tell us what you think about the story. In english, please.

JK: Uhm... *giggle* It was... *giggle* nice and deep...?

Teacher: Okay. What made you say it was nice? And deep?

JK: Well...uhm... *clears throat*

Taehyung: According to the prophecy *then whispers* of Ang-Long laoshi, teacher Huai, the water dragon was....the turtle thinking...it was uhm..real dragon.

Teacher: Hmm...good observation. But what is the connection between the prophecy and the water dragon?

JK: Hwaiting, Taehyung-ah! Hwaiting! *chuckles*

Taehyung: I just think it nice, teacher Huai.

Teacher: Have you been reading a different book than the one I assigned you?

Taehyung: Ahh....hahaha...yes, I did.

 

 

He smiled so brightly that all of us started laughing. Yep, I laughed too. This Taehyung was something else. The teacher froze for a few seconds and looked at the ceiling. Probably thinking what best to say. I think she was caught dumbfounded. Then she fixed her gaze at Taehyung and tapped a finger on the desk.

 

 

Teacher: Alright. I'll give you a different book assignment from the rest next time. Your english is improving, Mr. Min. Keep it up.

Taehyung: Thank you very...much..

Teacher: So, now...Mr. Kim...you were saying?

JK: It is a story about a turtle who lived a hundred years and met a water dragon. But it really was not a water dragon...?

Teacher: Very well said. Keep practicing speaking the language, not only read it.

 

 

Remind me to commend Jungkook later. If Taehyung was improving, Jungkook was more than improving. He was already good at it. He surprised me, actually. Well, after the teacher checked on our group, she moved to the other groups. Jungkook started giggling. One of Yue's girl groupmates, Yukio, a daughter of a Japanese expatriate, eyed him with interest and asked him to share what was funny. Jungkook grinned and combed his hair with his fingers absentmindedly. I wanted to blush and die at that moment, but it was not the right time and place... Well, it was the right time, but wrong place to die. LOL. Anyway, Jungkook just grinned at Yukio and shook his head. It meant he wasn't sharing what was that made him giggle so much. The other girls urged him on and one even playfully tugged at his jacket. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Taehyung then appeared on my peripheral and I saw him move close to whisper to my ear.

 

 

Taehyung: Did I do well with my english earlier?

Me: Uhm...I think so, yes. Why?

Taehyung: Because I felt it was not good enough. You heard Jungkook. He's good.

Me: Awww...don't say that. You just need to practice. And if I were you, I'd follow the teacher's instructions.

Taehyung: I am following instructions.

Me: You were reading a different book?

Taehyung: I was interested in that book.

Me: What book was that anyway? Prophecy thingy...

Taehyung: I just found it at the library. A really old book about a Chinese monk and his prophecy about the birth of a tyrant who would rule the middle kingdom for a thousand years.

Me: Are you kidding me?

Taehyung: No, of course not.

Me: I mean, you read books?

Taehyung: Yes. Why?

Me: I can't believe it.

Taehyung: You can test me. I've got a lot of books at home. If you want, I can lend you some and then you read it. After that, you can test me those that you read about.

Me: Don't humor me, Taehyung-ah.

Taehyung: *in english* I'm serious, Xiao Yi.

 

 

Taehyung must have been really close that when I shifted in my seat, I saw Jungkook never taking his eyes off Taehyung. I fought the urge to smile. Oh, are you jealous, Kookie? But to be honest, I got intrigued by Taehyung's sudden confession that he was a bookworm. I turned to look at Taehyung, ignoring Jungkook's narrowing eyes. The teacher was discussing with a group in one corner of the room, her back to us. The other girls in our class, aside from the ones in my group, were staring at Jungkook and then at me and Taehyung. I think they smelled a triangle of some sorts. Not the mathematical kind of triangle, but the kind that involved the heart. Hahaha. Let me laugh at myself for this one. I perfectly know that I am not allowed to date yet. I was too young to even have a boyfriend. OTL. But I'm a girl and I think I have every right to have a crush on anyone I like, right? I mean, even my classmates are declaring their attraction to the boys in class, so I guess its normal for me to gush and imagine myself in a love triangle. *insert giggles here*

 

 

Taehyung had promised to lend me the book that he told me about and some other one. I made a deal with him that after I read those books, I'd test his knowledge in them. I was curious if he was just bluffing or he was serious when he said he does read books. I just couldn't believe it. But then again, if he was like my Baek gege, then it was not impossible. God knows Baekhyun can rummage through papa and mama's old books and do some research. After all, he was the family researcher. Him and Lay ge. Well, count Tao into that group, coz they are the spies of the family.

 

 

At the end of the class, the teacher gave us a new book to read. She had said that on the next meeting, that was when she would be giving Taehyung a different book to read, because she had not prepared one that day. She also said that the next discussion was on Monday after the next week, because it was examination week the next. We were relieved to hear that. There was so much to study because of the upcoming exams. I might bail out on going to the horror house with Jungkook. If I hadn't finished reviewing for my subjects, I might not be able to go. And I still had to rehearse a good stategy in asking permission from Luhan. I was considering asking permission from Xiumin ge...or Suho ge... But, I knew they'd tell Luhan before giving me permission or not. It was asking permission from Luhan or never. If I'd ask mama's permission, I knew she would say it was okay as long as one of my brothers went with us. That would've been awkward, having one of my brothers in the horror house with me and Jungkook. If it was Sehun or Kai, I didn't mind. But what if Luhan volunteered? It would be as good as I didn't go at all.

 

 

 


 

 

 

During lunch, I sat with my brothers; Tao, Kai, Sehun, Chanyeol, Soo, Baekhyun and Chen. The oldies were in their campus. I saw the Kim brothers sitting two tables from us. The middle school girls surrounded Jin when he entered the school cafeteria. A junior transferee had entered the middle school campus. At first, they were expecting the Kims to sit by us, but when they went to sit at their own table, hushed talks ensued. There'll be rumors again all around school how the Kim and Wu kids sat at different tables. Were the Wu and Kim kids really friends? Or was it just for show? But somehow, the Kims felt the unusual tension within the cafeteria. Jin raised a hand and with a nod of his head, ackowledged us. My brothers did the same, as did the younger Kims. Jungkook gave me a big smile. I made a face at him and he acted as if he got hit with a bullet to his heart. I placed a finger to my throat and swiped it across as if to say, "you are going to die," while mouthing the name "Chanyeol" at him. He understood I guess, because he quickly fisted his hands, covered his mouth and pretended to cough. Chanyeol was two seats away from me and thankfully, he was busy with his lunch.

 

 

The Mins were not found in the cafeteria during lunch. They probably went out for lunch. It was normal. Not everyone in this school eats in the cafeteria. Sometimes, students feel the need to go out and eat at a posh restaurant or the like. There was no rule in this school that the students are not allowed to eat out during lunch. Thinking about the Mins, I suddenly had the image of Taehyung in his room, with glasses on, reading a book. It was a cute vision and I chuckled. But before anyone noticed me, I quickly picked up my juice bottle and drank slowly to hide my inside giggles.

 

 

The rest of the day in school ended well. Tao had been relieved from being grounded, so he was able to attend their skateboarding team practices. However, the team captain had called in sick, so he called the practice off for that day. Papa had lent Baekhyun his S4 to school, provided he didn't crash it. So far, his frist day driving it to school was crash-free. No one dared to ride with him, though. Except Tao. Luhan and Xiumin had soccer practice after class, so Luhan delegated Suho, Lay and Baekhyun to drive us home. Kris was going to attend basketball practice after his exams, so he won't be able to drive us home.

 

 

Suho, Kai and Chen had excused themselves for the afternoon after classes. There was another meeting for the theater arts guild. Suho ge had said that the guild will be announcing the official list of new members and Chen had to be there, as was Kai. That left Lay and Baekhyun to drive the others home. Because most the others were part of the skateboard team, I had to wait until we all could go home together. Lay didn't wanna go home alone, so he decided to wait for us. But as the team captain called off their practice, Baekhyun and the boys went walking back from the rink to the bleachers where Lay and I were sitting.

 

 

To my surprise, Taehyung came running behind them and approaching us as well. He stopped in front of us and acknowledged Lay before he spoke to me.

 

 

Taehyung: Hey, Xiao Yi. Remember that book, I mean those books?

Me: Yes?

Taehyung: I could give it to you today.

Me: Oh. How?

Taehyung: You guys could follow us home, then I could get it and give it to you.

Me: Uhm...wouldn't it be a bother. I mean, you would probably have to run to get...it..

Taehyung: Pshhh...No, it's okay. I was serious earlier. You should start reading them ASAP.

Me: Pffft.. Fine then.

 

 

Then I turned to Lay ge and asked if he could drive and follow the Mins to their house and wait until Taehyung comes back to give the books. I didn't wanna ride with Baekhyun home, either. LOL. I was thankful that Lay had said yes, so Taehyung grinned and told us to wait for him and his brothers. Baekhyun wanted to come along, so he waited as well. Taehyung came back with Namjoon and Yoongi. Their oldest brother, Yoongi was part of the swimming team. There was no practice for the swimming team on Mondays.

 

 

We trooped to the parking lot and got in the cars. Tao and Chanyeol went with Baekhyun in the S4. While me, Soo and Sehun went with Lay. The Mins led the convoy out the school grounds. I could see Jungkook looking at us by their car. He walked with J and Jimin behind us to the parking lot. They had to wait for Jin who was still somewhere else in the campus. I could see his face downcast when he saw Taehyung approaching us earlier at the bleachers. He didn't say hi, either. He just waited for his brothers from a distance and walked slowly.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The Min home didn't have a gate, as I saw it when we passed it before. We were on our way home from grandpa Wu's when we passed by their home, and they were unloading their stuff that time. Anyway, instead of a gate and wall, their driveway was between 6-foot hedges that it looked like it was a small maze finding their door. The driveway was wide, though. But if you looked at it from the outside, it would look like their car had disappeared in the middle of a maze. Since we were supposed to follow, Lay had driven right through the path. It wasn't very far from their front door, just a few meters actually. It was a cool idea for landscaping, I thought. Baekhyun didn't follow with the S4 inside. He just parked the car by the roadside. As Lay stopped the car, Taehyung was already running out from their car and into the house. He threw his backpack on the floor as soon as the front door was opened. Yoongi casually opened the driver's door and got out. He arranged his hair before ducking his head and pulling his bag from the backseat. Namjoon had gone out before him and was now walking towards us. He stood beside the driver's seat and leaned on the car. He talked to Lay while we waited for Taehyung.

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Taehyung appeared with books in hand. He was grinning, but he was also breathing heavily as he reached us. He handed me the books through the window and bowed. I thanked him and made a little bow as well. He made me promise to read it as soon as I got home, so I could test him sooner. Right at that moment, we heard a bark. And then the cutest little thing went bounding down from the open front door and bumped into Taehyung's legs. He picked up the puppy and cradled it like a baby. They had a Labrador Retriever puppy! OMG. So cute! I wanted to pet the puppy, but it looked like it didn't like anyone else but Taehyung. Namjoon had walked beside Taehyung to pet the puppy, but it gave a low growl. We laughed at that. Namjoon's face looked crushed, but then he smiled and poked the puppy's feet and pretended to scold it. Taehyung placed the puppy down, but it acted as if it was hugging his leg instead of going back inside the house. Yoongi waved at us from the front door.

 

 

 

Taehyung: He likes me only.

Namjoon: He hates me. A lot.

Taehyung: Yoongi hyung doesn't even wanna come near him because he's a little rowdy.

Namjoon: We named him "V," but we actually we wanted to name him Taetae. Hahahaha!

Taehyung: Shut up, hyung.

Lay: I don't think papa would allow us to have a puppy.

 

 

I already have a puppy. Kookie! And now I have two. Kookie and Taetae!

 

 

Small talk for a few minutes, then we bade the Mins goodbye. When Lay drove out the Min maze, Baekhyun's face was like, "What took you so long?" And Lay just shrugged and went on to lead the convoy home.

 



 

I was watching BTS fancams and I just decided to let my feels lead me to this. LOL. I'd like to say thanks to BTS Haruman for making me inspired for this. My Jungkook feels everywhere. OMG. Hahahah >_< Well, subscribe and upvote if you like. Xiexie! ♥♥♥  吴爱你们!我爱你们!(Wu Ai Nimen! Wo Ai Nimen!)