Infinity

Th13teen

 

Sunday. 3 PM. Taeyong came by to pick me up.

 

He had called papa beforehand to inform him. Mama already knew because the day before, he already asked mama's permission that he will be asking me out today. Luhan had wanted to come to chaperone, but papa assured him everything was fine. The others pretended they didn't know anything and just went with their business. It was awkward, having someone come to pick me up...

 

I don't like this.

 

At all.

 

Nevertheless, I went down the stairs. I had on a white short-sleeved shirt and jeans. I didn't really want to dress up for him. He looked casual as well. Just in tees and ripped jeans. He was also wearing a snapback. If you didn't know him, you'd think that he was the most angelic of all people because of his face. But in reality, he was the most rude and arrogant people you could ever meet.

 

Taeyong: Are you ready?

Me: No.

Taeyong: Cool. Let's go.

Me: Okay.

 

He didn't even open the door for me, but when he went out, he left the door open for me. He walked ahead and didn't wait until I got out.

 

Outside the gate, their car was parked. He went round the car and went inside. Didn't even bother to open it for me, either.

 

I can open the door by myself, then.

 

His driver was about to get out of the car to open the door for me, but I told him I got it. He bowed in apology for his young master's manners. I told him it's okay. I was born and taught how to open doors anyway. He chuckled at me. His young master didn't even bother talking. He just leaned back and pulled his shades over his eyes.

 

What good is it even if your face is handsome, but your manners is below the lowest animal form?

 

He turned his head to me and smiled.

 

That spoiled brat smile.

 

I returned the smile sarcastically. Then I faced front. I didn't wanna look at him. But it seemed like whatever he was doing in his seat made me glance at him from the corner of my eye.

 

Him: So, you decided to look at me, huh?

Me: No.

Him: Oh, come on.

Me: Why would I look at you?

Him: How should I know?

Me: What makes you so sure I am looking at you?

Him: Because I'm looking at you. Right. Now.

 

And I had to turn my head to look at him. I wanted to give him my most evil glare. He was chuckling and facing me. But he did not take off his sunglasses.

 

Me: Now, I am looking at you.

Him: I know.

Me: I just happened to turn my head in your direction.

Him: Hmmm...yeah...rightttt...

Me: I hate you. I haven't changed my mind about that.

Him: Same here.

Me: Then it's a mutual understanding.

Him: Ahh...but I mean to change that.

Me: What?

Him: You, hating me.

Me: Forever.

Him: We shall see.

Me: Keep wishing.

 

And what about you? Do you mean to change what you think of me too?

 

Him: What do you say about going to the park?

Me: Whatever.

Him: I brought my skateboard with me.

Me: So?

Him: Just some fun.

Me: I don't care.

Him: You just say that now.

 

Whatever, brat-Taeyong.

 

Him: I heard that.

Me: Oh...

 

So I said it out loud.

 

Fine.

 

Him: It's okay, I get that a lot.

Me: Because it's true.

Him: Yeah.

 

And he ended it there. He didn't say anything else. I didn't respond either. He just instructed his driver to take us to the park.

 

When we arrived at the park, he asked his driver to wait for us in the parking lot. He got out and took out his skateboard from the boot of the car. As usual, he didn't open the door for me. I kicked the door open and got out. His driver was late in attempting to open the door for me again. He apologized the second time. I assured him it was no big deal. I was not like his young master who did not have manners.

 

Taeyong stood, waiting for me as I walked towards him. When I was level with him, he walked ahead of me towards the entrance of the park. I followed him as he led me to an open area where he could skate.

 

So he brought me here to watch him skate?

 

What?

 

Was this what he meant by fun?

 

No fun at all.

 

I sat on the stairs going down to the fountain. He stopped when he felt I was no longer following him. He turned around and walked back to me. He sat beside me and placed his skateboard on the ground.

 

Him: Would it be okay if I invited someone else here?

Me: Huh?

Him: Did you hear my question or you are so deaf that I need to repeat it?

Me: I heard you once.

Him: So, what is your answer?

Me: Who did you invite?

Him: Ahh...you'll see.

Me: I don't really react well to surprises, you know. I don't scream or cry or throw a tantrum.

Him: I'm not expecting you to do those. Just wait.

Me: Yeah, it's okay if you invited someone.

Him: Haoba.

 

I almost forgot he spoke basic Chinese.

 

Show-off.

 

He got up and pushed his skateboard with his foot. Then he placed a foot on and started maneuevering his board forward, pushing with his other foot. And then he was away, doing kickturns and flips. Like I was not there at all. But he turned his head and smiled at me.

 

Show-off.

 

Yeah. He was good. Damn good. But I didn't wanna admit it. I hated his guts enough to deny he was good. Then he was back. He looked behind me and slowed down.

 

Him: Over here, yo!

 

The one whom he invited was here. I turned my head around to see who it was.

 

Jungkook.

 

Can I go home now?

 

Jungkook had his skateboard under his arm. He was wearing a white sleeveless shirt and black cargos. His hair was wet, like he just came out of the shower. I fought the urge to sniff at him. OTL. I knew he'd smell nice. He always smelled nice, FYI.

 

Aish.

 

I could see Jimin behind him, but he didn't come towards us. He stayed a good distance away.

 

Jungkook didn't look surprised to see me there.

 

Wait. What was this?

 

Taeyong: Sorry. Just arrived. Had to pick up Xiao Yi.

Jungkook: It's okay.

Taeyong: So, are you ready?

Jungkook: You bet.

Taeyong: Not here. Too crowded.

Jungkook: I know. There's an empty lot by that building.

Taeyong: Hmm...Imma go check it out.

Jungkook: Sure.

Taeyong: Xiao Yi, wanna come?

 

I didn't really know if I wanted to or not. But the incident the other day came replaying in my mind, so I got up and followed him as he walked towards the area where Jungkook pointed.

 

I still was not over seeing him smiling with another girl and giving her my pendant.

 

My pendant.

 

Yeah right.

 

He took it back, right?

 

It was no longer mine.

 

I heard him get on his skateboard and he skated towards the area. He did't spare a look back at us. He just went ahead to the place. Taeyong turned to me and started to ask if it was okay if he went to skate towards the place, but when he saw that I looked pissed, he stopped mid-sentence and slowed down and fell into step with me.

 

Him: Can you walk a little faster?

Me: And trip? No.

Him: Were your mom fond of turtles when she was pregnant with you?

Me: No.

Him: But you walk like one. Slow.

 

And before I could answer him, he had grabbed my hand and he sort of pulled me along as he walked faster. I tugged at his hand, but his grip just went tighter. I just let him pull me along, then.

 

If Jungkook saw this again.

 

He won't just stop talking to me. He'd probably stop wanting to see me.

 

I tugged really hard and Taeyong had to loosen his grip and let go of my hand. We were at the place anyway. Jungkook sat on a bench under a tree. He was pushing his skateboard to and fro on the ground.

 

Taeyong: Yeah, this place is good.

Jungkook: I know.

Taeyong: So, you wanna go first?

Jungkook: Sure.

 

I just couldn't stay silent. What was happening?

 

Me: Wait.

 

They both looked at me.

 

Me: Can any one of you please tell me what's going on?

 

Taeyong smirked. Jungkook looked away.

 

Taeyong: We're here to do skateboard battle. Whoever won, will be able to spend the rest of the day with you.

Me: Why did I have to be here? You could just have decided for yourselves whatever.

Taeyong: You will be the one who will choose the winner.

Me: Are you both serious?

T/JK: Yes.

 

I have to get out of here ASAP.

 

Me: Fine.

 

I sat on the bench and cradled my arms. The sooner this started, the sooner it will end, the sooner I will be able to get out of here.

 

Me: You better start now.

Taeyong: you go first, Jungkook.

JK: Yeah.

 

And he started. This was not a skating ramp, so there were no U-pools, halfpipes or quarterpipes, but there were a lot of stairsets and rails and flat bars.

 

I stared at Jungkook as he skated. His hair bouncing as he flipped and kicked. Much like that elimination day when people wanted to know what shampoo Tao was using. I wished to run my hands over Jungkook's hair. Aish. I shouldn't be thinking stuff like this when I am supposed to be pressured. I set the pressure aside and just let myself get lost in watching him glide through the flat bars. He showed off with his 360's and hardflips.

 

It just sank in that time.

 

That he was to be my future.

 

Taeyong was just in as a hopeful. Yeah. Something like that. Even if I didn't choose any one of them, because papa and his appa's agreement still stands, it would still be us in the end.

 

If I was sure about how I felt, then I didn't really have to choose.

 

There was no problem then if I let myself be friends with Taeyong.

 

Right?

 

Wrong.

 

I was scared I might fall for him in the process.

 

I didn't want to.

 

I hit my head with the heel of my hand.

 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

 

Taeyong: Are you okay?

Me: Huh?

Taeyong: You did this...

 

And he immitated me. When he did that, it reminded me of a little kid who immitated someone who was older than him. Cute.

 

Ahhh!

 

Stop!

 

Me: Just a little woozy.

Taeyong: You want something to drink?

Me: No. I'm okay.

Taeyong: You sure?

Me: Yeah.

Taeyong: Your papa might kill me if I returned you later looking like a flattened burger patty.

Me: I'll be the first one to kill you.

Taeyong: Right.

 

I had to laugh.

 

But I didn't want to.

 

I turned to look back at Jungkook.

 

It still hurt until now that he had to take the pendant away from me.

 

And that he had to give it to someone else.

 

And he had to smile at her.

 

Wait.

 

Didn't he say that he was sort of meeting her today as well?

 

Did they meet earlier today or...later?

 

I stared at him long and hard. He was returning now. His face looked intense. Like there was nothing more he needed to do than skate.

 

Was he really doing this for me?

 

Or was he just...playing along?

 

Did Xiumin oppa go through this with Sohee eonni?

 

Did Sohee eonni feel jealous because my brother was far from her and was a soccer jock?

 

Did Sohee eonni have any thoughts that other girls might try to steal my brother away from her?

 

Did Xiumin experience having to look at other girls and still stay loyal to Sohee eonni?

 

Jungkook slowed down as he neared us. He hopped off his board and kicked it up, catching it with his hands.

 

JK: Your turn.

 

There was no hyung there. No honorific. Tense. Taeyong was older than him by a year.

 

I hated being in this kind of situation.

 

Taeyong got up, took off his sunglasses and placed it on the bench. He went to start with an ollie. Jungkook sat beside me, not speaking to me. I could feel his eyes were on me, instead of at Taeyong. I shifted in my seat so as not to see him from my peripheral.

 

He was such a distraction.

 

Because I wanted him to distract me.

 

Aish.

 

I let my eyes follow Taeyong as he rode his board like he was surfing. The guy was good. He reminded me of Kai when he made a kickturn and flip by the stairset. He probably got that move when he watched the eliminations. His slides and grinds on the ledge were like Tao's. He just saw them done once and he already got it? He didn't really take long with his tricks and flips. He went through the rails and did a backflip.

 

Jimin.

 

He saw Jimin did that, too. He landed perfectly as well.

 

It was clear who won. But I didn't want to admit it.

 

His ripped jeans added to the effect that he surfed the wind with his board.

 

Windsurfer.

 

Brat.

 

Much like Sehun.

 

But Sehun was my brother.

 

AND Sehun was not arrogant.

 

Taeyong slowed down and stopped in front of us. He didn't bother getting off his board. He eyed me and smiled. A smile that would remind you of someone who knew they were winning and that you were losing.

 

Taeyong: So...based on our performance today, who won?

Me: Can I have a minute to think?

Taeyong: Sure.

Me: Thanks.

 

Jungkook had stood up and placed his hands inside his pockets. He looked down and as he did so, a lock of hair fell to his eyes. I would have automatically reached out to brush it off his face, but I froze. I shouldn't....because I couldn't.

 

Taeyong rocked his board back and forth with one leg as he waited for my verdict. He was also looking down. His snapback kept his hair in place.

 

Good.

 

Because I couldn't take any more hair falling down your face, either.

 

Jungkook: So...

Taeyong: It's been a minute...

Me: Okay.

 

And I closed my eyes as I pointed at Taeyong. I heard him chuckle and Jungkook mutter something under his breath.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Taeyong smiling. It looked like a genuine smile. Like he really meant to smile. Jungkook forced a smile. I felt bad. My insides were churning. It was as if a hurricane was doing flips and turns inside.

 

Taeyong: I got this round, bro.

Jungkook: Have fun, you two.

Taeyong: We will.

Jungkook: Take care of her.

Taeyong: Yup.

 

I stood up. I didn't really want Jungkook to leave. It hurt enough that he did not even talk to me directly. I would have chosen him to win, but Taeyong was better. And I have not yet gotten over with the thought of him with the other girl at the gift shop.

 

Looking at him now, I regretted my decision.

 

Taeyong bent down to pick up his board.

 

Jungkook: I'll go ahead then.

Taeyong: I was not the one who decided.

Jungkook: I know. But this is not the end.

 

Why did he say that?

 

Didn't he already have someone else?

 

Before he left, he faced me. Then he took my hand and reached for something in his pocket. He dropped something on my palm and said, "I had to take it back yesterday, because it was not complete. Now it is."

 

And with that, he smiled at me and, "Take care, okay? I'll call you later."

 

I just nodded.

 

As he walked away, I looked at what he dropped in my palm.

 

It was the pendant.

 

There was something carved in the chest of the puppy.

 

The infinity symbol.

 

And each of the loops were my name and his name.

 

I got weak in the knees.

 

"Jungkook!"

 

I called out to him and he turned his head.

 

"Thank you."

 

I smiled at him.

 

He chuckled and he walked again. He waved a hand at me as he walked back to where Jimin was now standing.

 

Taeyong: So, let's go?

Me: Sure.

 

I didn't mind being with bratty kid.

 

Jungkook said he would call me later.

 

Infinity.

 

I smiled to myself.

 



Double update! LOL. I just felt like it. I had three pages of outline for both these chapters. Hehehehe. I should thank BTS Dark & Wild music for giving me inspiration while I wrote these chapters. Specially 24/7 Heaven and Blanket Kick. ♫ ♪ Only you, only you...nan tto ni apeseo isanghan jitman kollahage dwae. Jeongmal yeppeo, yeppeo, yeppeo. Oh naega wae keuraettneunji, jada ibulkik nallikesseo ♪ ♫ My feels. Excuse my feels. Hahaha xD  → ♥♥♥ 吳愛你們!我愛你們!