Rain

Th13teen

 

 

Tao and Kai got more than just a time out from Luhan. Well, that was expected. When Luhan went up the stairs, I followed him. He had stopped in the middle of the first floor lounge. He called Tao and Kai. Kai had to go downstairs since he was in their room at the second floor. I slowly made my way to the second floor, just so I can witness the judgment day. LOL.

 

Luhan: What is it that I heard from Kris? You're on time out because you tried sliding down the banister with your skateboards?

Kai: Uhm...

Tao: Just the last few steps...

Luhan: Just. The. Last. Few. Steps.

Tao: Yes, Lu ge.

Kai: I...kind of did it before.

Luhan: Oh dear god. No more skateboard practice for you the whole month. And, your job to wash all the cars. And weed the garden.

Tao: No practice? But..

Kai: But...

Luhan: No buts. Otherwise, I will tell papa.

Kai: Please don't tell papa.

Luhan: Then do as I say. You know very well that if I tell papa, you'll be out of this house before you could say "please."

Tao: I promise not to do it again, Lu ge.

Luhan: It's not as if your championship games are going to be held in a week's time.

Kai: No, it's not. Still next month. But...

Luhan: Go back to your room.

Kai: Yes, Lu ge.

Luhan: You too, Tao.

 

I was on the top step of the stairs going to the second floor. Luhan wouldn't have seen me walk really slowly. I heard Tao mutter his reply and went to his room. Kai was behind me on the stairs and he didn't say anything as he passed by me. I wanted to call him and say that it was alright, but he was fast for me. He went inside the room he shared with Luhan. I sighed and went to my room.

 

I knew Luhan had considered telling papa about what happened when he got back from Hong Kong, but decided against it. I think he was worried what papa would do to the two. I could almost smell military school for them had Luhan decided to tell papa. I knew mama would find a way to tell papa without the gory details and they'd get a month's worth of being grounded and no gadget time.

 

I placed my shoes at the foot of my bed and went to lie down. The night was kinda okay. Taeyong didn't run away this time. However, the presence of the Choi brothers got me thinking. If Seul Gi was going out with Ren, and his brother was managing their company, would Mr.Soo consider breaking the arrangement he had with papa? I mean, he wouldn't need papa anymore if he had Siwon, right? That man was rich enough to let Mr. Soo's company thrive more.

 

I checked my time. It was almost nine-thirty in the evening. I didn't know we spent a long time at dinner. No wonder Luhan felt tired. I was still in my dinner dress and was lazy to get up to change. I sat up and leaned on my pillows. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about the day.

 

Absentmindedly, I was humming a song. Then I realized it was Haruman.

 

Just One Day.

 

I checked my phone for the lyrics on my notepad and started singing it. I couldn't help but smile as I sang it.

 

Fireworks.

 

Yeah right.

 

Jungkook was a firework.

 

Pffffttt...

 

I have to thank Jimin for that name. I think I knew what to get him for his birthday. It was still a long time until his birthday, but I was already planning to get him something that had something to do with fireworks.

 

LOL.

 

I went online and searched for pictures of fireworks and downloaded some. I changed my wallpaper to one that I liked most. I just wished he won't have to see my phone. I thumbed through the picture files on my phone absentmindedly. Then I came across a picture that I didn't recall taking.

 

Obviously.

 

Because it was a selfie of him.

 

Hmmm...

 

I think he took this the same time when he had my phone, because I remembered the shirt he was wearing. He wasn't doing much on the picture, just him smiling at the camera and looking divine. Then an idea hit me. I sent his pic as an mms to him.

 

"Do you happen to know who this person is?"

 

I got a reply not long after.

 

"Oh, yeah. I know him. He just happens to be the awesome son of Kim Jaejoong."

 

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

 

"Really? I was wondering why his pic happened to end up in my phone."

 

I wanted to bet he was laughing at me right now.

 

"Mianhae. I forgot it wasn't my phone."

 

Yeah right.

 

"Well, you have it back now."

 

And I'm keeping a copy.

 

"You can keep it, though. I'm sending it back to you."

 

I told him he didn't have to send it back. But a minute later, he sent an mms. I was expecting him to send back the same pic, but when I opened it, it was a new one he had taken that minute. He was leaning on the headboard of his bed and he was grinning mischievously.

 

"Did you really think I'd send the same pic back? I'm about to sleep, anyway. My eyes look puffy. Does it show?"

 

I don't mind if your eyes looked puffy. Thank you for this pic.

 

"Yeah. Your eyes look puffy. Go to sleep."

 

"Hold on..."

 

Okay. I'm holding on.

 

I didn't expect the next thing he did.

 

Video call request from Jungkook.

 

I slowly pressed the accept button. His grinning face appeared in front of me. I got conscious all of a sudden. I was sitting slouched on my bed, leaning on my pillows and still in my dinner dress.

 

Him: Wow.

Me: What?

Him: You look nice.

Me: And?

Him: I just wanted to see you before I went to sleep.

Me: Okay, you've seen me. Go to sleep.

Him: Goodnight, Xiao Yi.

Me: Goodnight, Jungkook.

Him: Oppa...

Me: Huh?

Him: Uh..nothing. Yeah. G'night, Yinzi.

Me: Pffft...alright, Kookie.

Him: *chuckles* ...that's better.

 

He was sporting that side smile as he chuckled.

 

Goodnight, Yinzi.

 

Yep.

 

Me: I'm gonna end this vid-call now, okay?

Him: Okay.

 

And before I pressed the end button, he disappeared under his blanket. Then I heard him clear his throat and his face appeared again. He was snuggled in between his covers and was hugging a pillow.

 

Him: Wan an...meili de Yinzi.

Me: Aish. Pabo.

Him: *snicker*

Me: Wan an, shazi.

Him: Hahaha. Xiexie...

 

He chuckled. I pressed the end call button and placed my phone on the bedside table. I got up from the bed and went to get my towel. My phone buzzed. I had a message. I checked it before I went to the bathroom.

 

"I don't mind being pabo for you. See you tomorrow. <3 "

 

Neowa haruman itgireul barae, barae...

 

"Go to sleep."

 

 


 

 

Saturday morning.

 

Family Day in FIS. And papa was not yet home. He just got on the plane with Mr. Min on the six o'clock flight back from Hong Kong. Mama was able to cancel her appointments for the day, much to our delight. We had at least one parent who was going to the school event.

 

That meant, we would be fighting over who mama would go with.

 

OTL.

 

I told mama to at least drop by our food stall and buy something. Tao and Baek had been bugging mama to stay at their martial arts defense workshop. Sehun and Kai fought their way to get mama to go to their class booth. Well, to sum it up, everyone else wanted her to visit their respective booths and join the activities.

 

The three oldies drove their cars to school, while mama let Suho drive the Sienna and most of us rode with him. Papa had said that when he arrives, he'd try coming to check the activities.

 

Sehun: I hope papa can come and join the activities.

Tao: He should. He's arriving in less than an hour, right? Why don't we just wait for him?

Mama: Your papa might be tired from his flight and want to sleep.

Sehun: He sort of promised to come.

Mama: He will come if he's not that tired.

Sehun: I hope so.

Mama: Aren't you happy mama is going?

Sehun: Of course, I am happy.

Mama: Hmmm...

Sehun: Duibuqi, mama.

Tao: If papa comes, he should come watch our basic defense workshop.

Mama: Of course, he will.

Suho: Just don't forget to visit our booth at the senior's campus.

Me: What is there?

Suho: Oh, you'll see.

Kai: I heard you are giving out free kisses and hugs?

Suho: Hahaha. Not me, but some. Anyone who wants hugs, will get them. I don't think there are kisses, though.

Kai: Jimin said that.

Suho: And where did he get that information?

Kai: His Jin hyung.

Suho: Hahaha. Jin was only humoring him.

Tao: Why not?

Suho: Just a marketing strategy to make people come and visit our booth. Shhh...it's our little secret.

Tao: So, your booth is nothing but a hoax?

Sehun: What is your booth about anyway?

Suho: Well, aside from the free hugs, we give out the map for the whole activity stuff.

Tao: That's kinda lame.

Suho: We also offer tutorials on stuff.

Mama: That's not lame. I'll go and visit your booth, dear.

Suho: Thanks, ma.

 

And he stuck his tongue out at Tao from the rear view mirror. Tao just smirked and stuck his tongue out at Suho as well. I was seated in between Tao and Sehun first row, at the back. Kai and Kyungsoo at the second row. Kyungsoo was looking out the window, probably thinking of something for their booth. He was in the same grade level as Tao, Jimin and Taehyung. Tao was going to be at the martial arts booth with Baek at the most, so he probably was going to represent Tao as well for their class.

 

We arrived in school several minutes later. Both the senior and middleschool campuses were guarded by MIBs and the only cars who're able to get in were the ones who had the school sticker. Luhan had been able to secure the stickers the other day and given them to Kris, Xiumin, Suho and Lay. He also got one sticker for each the Sienna and Odyssey, just in case we used them for school.

 

Suho parked the car in the middle school parking lot. The three oldies just dropped off the other boys and went to the senior campus. Mama said that she'll go there later as soon as she made the "rounds" for all of us here. Suho accompanied her as she went from booth to booth and joined some activities.

 

There were games and some parents were already playing them. I texted my friends, telling them I was already in school. Luhan and the other oldies came back from the senior campus. I guess it was out of habit. They usually assumed parental position when it was a school event that involved families.

 

Kris went with Baek and Tao to the gym for their martial arts workshop. They had free basic lessons every hour, and they were given schedules when each member would do a demo. Xiumin went with Chanyeol and Chen at their recycled art exhibit. They also had recycling demos in their booth. Baek was part of their class, so he also had an output there. Luhan went with Sehun and Kai whose class held a dance studio workshop, with the help of the dance troupe. They were actually trying to recruit Sehun to join. Lay, Suho, Kyungsoo and me were with mama.

 

We went to explore Kyungsoo's booth. Actually, Tao was also part of it, since they were in the same class. Jimin and Taehyung were already there. They had an ice-cream and pizza booth. Taehyung's mom was with Yoongi, he said. His hyung would be able to take care of his mom in case she needed anything. Yoongi's class was the same as Suho and Lay's. Jin was also part of it. I wanted to ask Jimin if Jungkook was here, but I decided not to.

 

I was shy.

 

Jungkook would've been with Sehun and Kai. And Luhan was with them. I didn't wanna go there. Nope.

 

Taehyung: Oh. Hi, Mrs. Wu. Welcome to our ice cream stand. Do you like chocolate or strawberry?

Mama: Are you giving it to me for free, dear?

Taehyung: Uhm...

Jimin: Maybe a discount?

Mama: How much?

Jimin: *nudges Taehyung*

Taehyung: If you buy two, you get one scoop free. Just three Yuan.

Jimin: Two scoops in one, plus one free.

Mama: Haha, alright. Give me five. Do I get three scoops free?

Jimin: Hmmm...

Kyungsoo: Yes.

Taehyung: Yeah, that's right. Which flavor Mrs. Wu?

Mama: The cheesy one, please.

Suho: Mama loves cheese. Just look at papa. Cheesy. Hahahah.

Mama: Shush. You're lucky your papa is not here to hear you.

Suho: But it's true. Papa is cheesy.

Me: He is.

Lay: I'll have that one with lots of marshmallows, please. I'm sweet.

Suho: You have your cheesy moments too, Yixing.

Lay: Why Yixing? I didn't do anything!

Suho: Oops!

Kyungsoo: Xiao Yi?

Me: Just vanilla, oppa.

Kyungsoo: Okay. Here you go...

Jimin: Jungkook loves vanilla too.

Taehyung: V loves vanilla too. That's why I named him V.

Me: Taetae likes ice cream?

Taehyung: And cake.

Me: I know he likes cake, but ice cream?

Taehyung: He has a sweet tooth. I miss him already.

Me: Where is he?

Taehyung: He's at the vet.

Me: Why? What happened?

Taehyung: He's been sick. Didn't wanna eat. But the vet says he's okay now. He just needed to cut his cake intake. Hahaha.

Me: That dog is spoiled.

Taehyung: Namjoon hyung spoils him. Especially now that he doesn't chase them around the house anymore. He's been giving him food everytime V follows him.

Me: Like a bribe or something?

Taehyung: Kinda like that.

Jimin: I miss that Taetae, too.

Taehyung: His name is V!

Jimin: That's what I said.

Taehyung: You said something else.

Jimin: What?

Taehyung: Taetae.

Jimin: Whoa. You said it, not me.

 

The two started horsing around. I ate my ice cream in peace. Mama, Suho and Lay were sitting on a bench beside the booth and were watching a sack race game just a few meters ahead, in one of the school's grassy grounds.

 

Mama: How I wish your papa was here. I'd have pulled him along with me to join.

Suho: Pffffttt. I doubt papa will, though.

Lay: It would be epic. Seeing papa play sack race. LOL. *snorts*

Mama: He should have arrived by now.

 

I was still finishing off my ice cream when Jimin's appa came with Jin. I sort of panicked a little, thinking Jungkook was with them. Actually, at first, I thought Jin was him, because he looked a lot like Jungkook when he walked with his head down.

 

Kim Jaejoong greeted mama. Jin and Jimin did a high five and started talking in Korean. Jin was telling Jimin about their booth lined up with girls expecting kisses, and he laughed. Suho and Lay heard him and they joined the conversation. Mr. Kim had a corndog in one hand and he sat down on the other bench beside ours. He looked awkward eating the corndog. LOL. But it looked like he didn't mind at all.

 

Mama asked where Mrs. Kim was and he paused in between his bites.

 

Mr. Kim: She's with J right now. I think they're going to go to Jungkook's booth after.

Mama: Oh, Jungkook's classmates with our Sehun and Kai. I guess they're in the same dance class workshop booth?

Mr. Kim: Maybe. I'll go check it later. I just came from Jin's booth. Quite helpful if it's the first time you set foot in this school. I got me a map and my personal guide.

Mama: Jin?

Mr. Kim: Yes. Hahah. This school event isn't really my thing. If not for Jin, I'll be lost.

Mama: Ah, you should get used to it.

Mr. Kim: It's So-eun's forte, coming to PTA's and such.

Mama: You are just like Ah-Zun.

Mr. Kim: You ladies are best with kids. Leave the money-making to us, men.

Mama: Exactly like, Ah-Zun. Hahah.

Mr. Kim: You've raised thirteen fine kids, So-eun raised my four boys well, too.

Mama: I didn't do it all, you know.

Mr. Kim: Hmmm...

 

I wanted to in, but it would seem like I was disrespecting, so I just kept quiet. Mama was right. She didn't do all the taking care of us. It was usually the oldest boys who were more of parents to us whenever papa and mama were not present.

 

Mama's phone rang. It was papa. He had arrived and was on his way to the school. He also said that Mr. Min was on the way, so any case that mama saw Dra. Min, to tell her or her children. Since Taehyung was there, mama informed him that his appa had returned and was on the way to FIS. Taehyung looked really happy and took out his phone to call his eomma.

 

 

 


 

 

Papa arrived about thirty minutes later. He had originally wanted to park at the senior campus, because he thought that the oldies were there, but when he found out that the oldies were in the middleschool campus, he went to look for parking inside. The school parking lot was full, and the sidewalks were also full of cars. Papa was able to park his car in front of the gym. He had called mama and told her to meet him there. Mr. Kim and Jin stayed in the booth with Jimin.

 

We went to the gym where papa was waiting outside by his car. He looked tired and he seemed to just have gotten home to change his clothes and came here. Mama told him he could have just stayed at home and rested. But papa would have none of it. He asked Suho to call the other oldies and tell them he was here.

 

We went inside the gym and looked for seats. Kris was seated near the center of the activity area where the martial arts team were teaching basic defense. It was Baek's turn to demo now and when he saw papa and mama, he broke into a wide grin and waved. Baek turned to where Tao was sitting on the side of the mat and talked to him. Tao raised his head and scanned the area for us. When he saw us, he got up and waved as well.

 

Mama: Your kids are happy to see you.

Papa: I know. If I had stayed home to sleep, they'd hold a grude on me.

Mama: They're not like that.

Papa: I owe them a lot already.

Mama: Glad you think of it that way. But there's one more thing you need to do.

Papa: And what is that?

Mama: Don't you think it's time for you to give up on that arrangement you had with your boss?

Papa: It's not for me to decide.

Mama: Then whose?

Papa: Shhh...we're here to watch the kids, not discuss my boss.

Mama: It's still about your kid. Your daughter, actually.

Papa: Youmei...

Mama: Just saying. *shrugs*

 

I knew they were talking about me and Taeyong.

 

When it was time for me to decide, I won't choose anyone.

 

These men have to know that they can't just decide my future without my permission. I knew papa meant well, but I was going to be the one living my life. I guess I know what's good for me. At this point in my life, I don't think it's the right time to decide about who I should marry.

 

Papa: It's Kyungsoo and Kai's birthday tomorrow, ne?

Mama: It's Kyungsoo's dear. Kai's birthday is two days after.

Papa: Hmmm...All the while I was thinking they have the same birthday.

Mama: You don't even know your kids' birthdays. Tsk. Are you getting old, dear?

Papa: If I'm old, then that would make you old, too.

Mama: I'm younger than you.

Papa: Let's not talk about my age. i'm planning to bring the boys to the wine expo.

Mama: Way to celebrate their birthday.

Papa: They'll be sixteen and fifteen then.

Mama: That doesn't mean they can drink wine already.

Papa: They're boys, Youmei. I plan to bring Luhan, Xiumin and Kris, too.

Mama: Those three aren't supposed to be drinking either.

Papa: It's going to be a boys' day. You and Xiao Yi will have to find something else to do tomorrow.

Mama: You're going without us?

Papa: All boys day out.

Mama: Fine. I'll be out shopping with Xiao Yi.

 

I heard that. Shopping with mama. Cool. I smiled. Baek was helping a kid with some stances and papa nodded his head when Baek looked in our direction. He grinned again and expertly assisted the kid. Tao's turn would be next.

 

Papa sits his whole midday watching Tao and Baek. Kris had excused himself and went to the senior campus. Lay and Suho also went and just told us they'd meet us for lunch. My schedule to man our booth was still in the afternoon, so I stayed where mama and papa were.

 

After Tao and Baek's demo, papa called them and told them he'd be going to see Chanyeol and Chen's exhibit. Mama and I went with him. Baek and Tao excused themselves from the martial arts team and they went with us.

 

On our way to the exhibit, we met J and Mrs. Kim in the hallway. They were going back to the senior campus to check out Jin's booth. Mr. Kim was being guided by Jin to Jungkook's dance workshop. Luhan had sent mama a text message that he'd be going back to the senior campus and will just meet us during lunch. Sehun and Kai were in the mini theater with their dance workshop. The exhibit was on the way to the mini theater.

 

Baek: Hoseokkie! They looking for me already?

J: Nope. No one misses you, bro.

Baek: You must be kidding me.

J: Just the ladies.

Baek: Oh? Who?

J: You have to guess.

Baek: Just tell me.

J: Miss Bai He.

Baek: That's our teacher orz.

J: Yup. She misses you. Hahaha. She asked Channie where you were. Someone wanted to buy your masterpiece.

Baek: Jinjjayo???

J: Ne, jinjja.

 

And he hurried in his steps towards the exhibit area.

 

The whole area looked cool. They had decorated it with recycled materials and there was an area where some of Baek's classmates were demonstrating how to make a decor out of plastic soda bottles. Their class adviser, Miss Bai He saw Baek and she immediately called him over. Papa and mama went to check the recycled art on display. Xiumin, Chanyeol and Chen saw us and came over to act as guides. Xiumin walked over to us and briefly hugged papa and kissed mama's cheek. Chanyeol grinned widely when he saw papa. Chen scratched his head as papa asked where his piece was. He had been shy to point it at papa. Chanyeol was the one who grabbed papa's hand and pull him in front of Chen's work. Chanyeol was also the one who explained what it was.

 

LOL.

 

Sehun and Kai must have been told by Luhan already, so when we came in the exhibit area, just a few minutes later, they were there, too. They had excused themselves from their workshop. Sehun went to hug mama and Kai hugged papa. They both asked our parents to go visit their workshop after lunch. Papa promised them. Mama said that she still needed to go visit the oldies' booths at the senior campus, but she'd be dropping by the dance workshop after lunch. I reminded mama to come visit out booth after lunch.

 

We were fighting for our parents' attention. Heheh.

 

In an hour's time, it was lunch. Most families had lunch on the grounds, with picnic baskets. Some still went to the cafeteria and some went out to the nearby restaurants. We decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. We had difficulty looking for a table that would accommodate us all, but in the end, we were able to find one near the back of the cafeteria.

 

The whole place was noisy. I looked at papa and saw that he was struggling to keep calm. He kept glancing at mama who didn't bother. She was busy fussing over Tao, Kai and Sehun.

 

Mama: Go to the car, get some change of clothes. Your shirt is drenched in sweat, Zitao. You too, Sehun...Kai. Get the key from Suho.

Tao: I have mine in my bag. But it's in my locker.

Mama: No excuses, just go and change.

Sehun: I've my change of clothes in my locker too.

Mama: The car is nearest here. Go with Tao. You too, Kai.

Suho: Hey, don't forget to lock the car again, okay?

Tao: Affirmative!

Mama: Don't take too long. It's lunch time.

Tao: Will just change, ma.

 

And the three went to the car.

 

I scanned the area for the Kims. I would have loved to see Jungkook before lunch. Weird, but whenever I don't see him, I kind of miss him. But when he was there, I wanted to hide.

 

Xiumin: We should have prepared picnic baskets.

Kris: You'd cook?

Lay: I could have cooked for us. You should have told me you wanted to have a picnic.

Chen: Well, we still can. Just bring our food outside.

Lay: That sounds like fun.

Chen: We could go to Xiao Yi's booth. They have some tables and chairs there.

Lay: I thought it's a picnic. We should go where there's grass.

Chanyeol: There's grass in front of the admin building.

Kris: Do you have a picnic basket?

Chen: We don't need to. We'll just buy food to go and eat outside.

Luhan: Sit on the grass. The soccer field is wide. Hahaha.

Lay: Aren't there people playing soccer now?

Luhan: Not now. Later. We're playing against the juniors.

Papa: Oh. Match against grade levels?

Luhan: Yup. I'm not playing, though.

Xiumin: Me, neither. We're giving a chance to the new members to show their stuff. We have a game later tonight at BIS.

Papa: Hmmm.. I wish I could come and watch, but I might fall asleep. Hadn't been able to sleep on the plane.

Xiumin: That's okay, pa. It's not championships yet.

Luhan: Yup. Just save your energy for the championships, pa.

Papa: Haoba. If I feel okay, I might go and watch. At BIS, you say?

Luhan: Yes.

Papa: I was considering to enroll you there, before, actually.

Xiumin: Glad you didn't.

Papa: That's a good school, too.

Luhan: They rather play rough, pa.

Papa: Oh. Sportswise, I'm not sure about that. But as far as their curriculum is concerned, it's at par with FIS.

 

Well, BIS was better than Global Haidian. At least we won't be schoolmates with the Dong witches.

 

Tao, Kai and Sehun returned, already wearing dry t-shirts. They were snickering and pushing each other as they walked in the cafeteria. Kai was laughing hysterically and just stopped when they reached our table. They silently sat down on the empty seats. Kai fought the urge to laugh again. Sehun pursed his lips and kicked him. Tao edged his chair away from Sehun and looked away. He was on the verge of laughing again. Among the three of them, only Sehun was able to hold his laughter.

 

Suho: What's funny?

Kai: Nothing.

Sehun: Nothing.

Tao: Nothing.

Luhan: Are you sure?

Sehun: Sure, Lu ge.

Papa: Alright. Whose going to order?

Kris: I'll handle it, pa. Who wants to come with me?

Chanyeol/Xiumin: I'll go.

Kris: Cool. What would you like to have?

 

And all of us told him what we wanted. The three of them went in line. Lay and Chen followed them as well. Some girls who were in line gave way to my brothers and went to stand behind them. They giggled when Chanyeol thanked them.

 

I narrowed my eyes at the girls.

 

Flirting with my brothers, huh?

 

I heard Chanyeol talk to them. Then they went into full giggle mode when Lay and Chen joined the convo. Kris and Xiumin didn't bother talking to them. They were minding their own business. Talking to the cafeteria attendant and making cute faces just so they'd get extra helpings of some of the menu.

 

Tsk, tsk.

 

Mama: Your kids might have gotten the cassanova side from you.

Papa: What?

Mama: Just look at how they're surrounded by girls.

Papa: Hmm...

Mama: I just hope they won't end up each with thirteen kids...hmmm...

Papa: They won't.

Mama: By the looks of it, it could happen, you know.

Papa: Thirteen multiplied by thirteen. Hmmm... One big happy family.

Mama: Don't make it sound like it's a good thing.

Papa: We get by.

Mama: I know. But that's besides the point.

Sehun: I'm not having thirteen kids.

Tao: Me neither.

Kai: Me neither.

Me: I'm not even getting married.

Mama: Oh?

Me: Yup.

Papa: You...

Mama: She can do what she wants to do.

Papa: When she's old enough.

Luhan: If I get married, I just want one kid.

Suho: I doubt it, Mulan.

Luhan: You'd get seven...Snow White. Hahahaha.

Baek: Seven dwarves. Hahahaha.

Suho: You're laughing about my height again orz.

Luhan: Seven dwarves. Hahahaha. Nice one, Baek.

Baek: I don't know how many children Mulan had.

Luhan: Just one.

Tao: I doubt that. She was married to Capt. Li Shang and-

Sehun: So the number of Kris ge's children will be the same as Lu ge's.

Tao: Exactly.

Luhan: But not seven. And even if it's seven, they won't be dwarves. Hahahahah.

 

Kyungsoo was silent just like me. We knew that if we joined, we'd be the of the joke again. Kai was laughing so hard now. And somehow I felt he was laughing not because of the seven dwarves, but because of whatever happened earlier.

 

Suho: That's exaggerated, Kai.

Kai: Hahahahaha...what...is...hahahaha...exaggerated?

Suho: You, laughing at me.

Kai: I'm...not...laughing...at you...hahahahah.

Suho: Then spill.

Sehun: He was dancing like a stripper in the car when headmaster Lui walked by.

Tao: He had rolled down the window and twirling his shirt around and...

Papa: What?

Kai: Oops...

Papa: Zhong Ren?

Kai: I was...well...I...

Sehun: Headmaster didn't see, papa.

Tao: I rolled the window back up before he saw us.

Kai: Yes, and...I..uhm...duibuqi..

 

Boys will be boys.

 

I knew papa was about to recite the boys' their sentence, but mama held him.

 

Kris and the others returned to the table with the food. Instead of going outside the grassy area to eat, we just finished lunch in the cafeteria.

 

The school intercom was regularly announcing schedules on air and were playing music in between. I heard Namjoon's voice as the dj and wishing everyone a happy lunchtime, adding that he was taking his lunch at the dj booth. He dedicated the next song to the FISSkT. Then I heard J's voice saying that if there was anyone who was nice enough to bring them dessert, to just drop by the dj booth.

 

LOL. So, he was there too. I wondered who else was there at the dj booth. Then the next song played.

 

It was 2PM's Electricity.

 

 

 


 

 

After lunch, it was my schedule to man the booth with my friends. I excused myself from mama and the other boys as Ling Yan and Yue waited for me outside. Papa and mama were to go with Sehun and Kai to their dance workshop. I reminded them that before they go to the senior campus to drop by our booth. Luhan, Kris and Xiumin followed us to our booth. The other boys went to check out the other booths.

 

Justin Lam, the guy who was in charge of the schedules met us at our food stall. He made us fill out a timesheet for attendance purposes. The three oldies went to sit at one of the tables in front of the stall. Since we just had lunch, they didn't order anything. But I forced them to buy something if they wanted to sit and stay. Hehehe. Xiumin took out his wallet and bought smoothies.

 

Xiumin: I thought it's free to stay and sit here. We're your brothers.

Me: Free if you buy something.

Luhan: Do we get one free drink?

Me: Nope.

Luhan: Kyungsoo's booth gave a free scoop.

Me: We don't sell ice cream. You can't scoop a smoothie or burgers.

Kris: Why stingy, mei baobei?

Me: Gege, this is business.

Kris: Monkey business. Hahaha.

Xiumin: Customer is always right, you know. Maybe we should get one free drink. We can share between the three of us.

Me: I'll give you one more drink for the price of four Yuan.

Xiumin: It's the same price as this drink.

Luhan: Just one free drink?

 

Ling Yan was giggling behind me as she watched my brothers try to have their way in getting one free drink. She was also especially looking at Kris. She did say that she admired the dragon gege. I didn't know whether to count it as she had a crush on him, but it seemed like that.

 

The three oldies finished their smoothies and poked my cheeks before they went on their way back to the senior campus. I had to kick them one by one, but they were fast for me, so I wasn't able to reach them.

 

OTL.

 

Thirty minutes later, Mama and Papa came out the gym with Sehun and Kai. They went to sit at the same table where the three oldies were earlier. Papa congratulated me for a good job. He was rather proud that his Xiao Yi was thinking business when I told them that I didn't give in to the oldies' request earlier.

 

Papa said that to be a good businessman or woman, one had to be firm in their decisions. And not be swayed by customer's silly requests. Especially if there was already a fixed setup, like the price of the item or product...unless you were holding a sale or something of the sort.

 

I was happy that papa commended me. Mama gave me a thumbs up as well. Papa reminded me to wait for them when it was time to go home. I told papa that I wanted to watch Luhan and Xiumin's game later that evening. Papa just nodded and told me to wait for Luhan, then. Then they went on their way to the senior campus. Sehun and Kai went with them. I had wanted to go to the senio campus as well, but I was still scheduled to man our food stall.

 

Yue: Let's go to the senior campus after our shift.

Ling Yan: Yep. I heard the juniors have a kissing booth.

Me: It's a bluff.

Ling Yan: Oh?

Me: Yep. Suho ge said.

Yue: Why would you wanna go to a kissing booth?

Ling Yan: I don't know. Maybe I'll see...

Yue/Me: Who?

Ling Yan: Have you seen Shanna?

Me: Nope. She hasn't replied to my text, either.

Ling Yan: I called her earlier and said she was on her way.

Yue: Maybe she's-

Ling Yan: Stuck in traffic. Yeah...

Me: She should've come here earlier this morning.

Ling Yan: She couldn't. Her dad just had time this afternoon.

Yue: Papa had to leave already.

Me: At least he came.

Yue: Yeah. Mama's not able to come, though.

Me: Yeah, why was your mama not here?

Yue: My little brother has their family day today as well.

Ling Yan: Awww...so cute. How old was he again?

Yue: Are you my friend or not? Pfffftt.... He just turned six.

Me: Must be fun having a younger brother.

Yue: Yep. But I bet it's just as fun to have an older brother.

Me: Hmm...yeah. Hahaha.

 

About fifteen minutes later, Shanna arrived. She looked exhausted because she half-ran, half-walked towards us. Her dad had parked their car just a few meters awat from our stall.

 

Ling Yan: Why are you late? Here's the timesheet.

Yue: That Lam guy was looking for you earlier.

Shanna: Traffic outside the gate. There was a guy who wanted to come in and the MIBs at the gate held him up. His car didn't have the sticker. So, the cars who wanted to come in couldn't...we had to wait until this guy went away.

Me: Why would he want to come in?

Shanna: Beats me. I think he just wanted to watch the activities? I heard some say he looked like a tourist.

Ling Yan: So, you haven't actually seen him?

Shanna: Nope. We were stuck about a block away, because of the horde of cars passing this way.

Yue: Sounds scary, though.

Ling Yan: What if he was the suspect for all the kidnapping attempts?

Shanna: I don't know about that. They were convinced he was a tourist. He had a thick Japanese accent.

Yue: Did he say he looked Japanese?

Shanna: Yup. Sort of.

Me: Sort of?

Shanna: Well, a mix-breed. Hehehe.

Ling Yan: What kind of mix? Choco-vanilla?

Shanna: Shut up. That's not human mix you're talking about.

Ling Yan: Just asking, duh.

 

Students and their parents dropped by our stall to buy drinks and burgers as they made their way towards the soccer field. Seniors versus juniors were going to play.

 

Ling Yan excused herself and went to get more supplies for our food stall. Yue and Shanna went to check out the soccer game. I didn't go because there was no one to man the food stall.

 

Then it rained.

 

Wow.

 

I was alone in the food stall. As a consolation, I wasn't rained on, because the roof of the stall was low and my male classmates had fixed the sides with tarpaulin cover. I sat, waiting for the rain to stop. I saw Ling Yan just by the steps of the building with a big plastic bag of supplies. She signaled that she'd wait inside until the rain stopped. She didn't have an umbrella. I nodded at her and sighed. Yue and Shanna would have taken cover at the locker room, then.

 

I just sat behind the counter and took out my earphones, plugged them in my phone and listened to music to pass the time. I didn't notice someone under an umbrella who came to stand in front of the stall, until I heard a knock on the counter table. I looked up, not bothering to take off my earphones.

 

He was grinning.

 

Him: Hi.

Me: It's raining. Why are you here?

Him: Can't I buy something even if it's raining? I have an umbrella.

Me: Of course, you can. What would you like to have?

Him: How much for an hour of your time?

Me: We only sell burgers, smoothies...and...hmmm...

Him: Actually, I saw you were alone. So I borrowed someone's umbrella and came over.

Me: Geez, thanks.

Him: You haven't been to our dance workshop.

Me: I..uhm...I needed to be here.

Him: Hmm...

 

And he nodded. He was still standing in front of the stall, under the rain with his umbrella.

 

Me: Oh. You're gonna get wet there. You can come in here.

Him: Thanks.

 

He walked to the side of the stall and went inside. There were three chairs inside, and he sat on one. He closed he umbrella and placed it on one side.

 

Him: I just remembered something.

Me: What is it?

Him: Ah...nothing.

Me: Amnesia?

Him: Hahaha.

 

That side smile.

 

Damn you.

 

Me: Anyway, you said you wanted to buy something.

Him: Yup. I just told you.

Me: One hour of my time?

Him: Yes.

Me: How about a burger?

Him: Sure.

Me: Sure? I'm gonna make one now?

Him: Yeah, sure.

 

He watched me as I prepared the burger.

 

.

 

It felt like his eyes were all over me.

 

Kim Jungkook, why did you have to come at this time?

 

I wrapped the burger and handed it to him. He chuckled and took it from me. He crinkled his nose as he chuckled.

 

What?

 

What?

 

Him: How much?

Me: Three fifty Yuan.

Him: Here, keep the change.

 

And he bit through the burger. I pocketed the money, forgetting to write his purchase in the log book. I took out a can of soda from the cooler.

 

Me: Would you like a drink, too?

Him: Sure.

Me: Okay. Here you go. Don't worry, it's on me.

Him: Xiexie ni.

Me: No biggie. It's me who should thank you.

Him: For...?

Me: For coming here evenif it's raining.

Him: No biggie.

 

He finished his burger and the rain has not stopped yet. I glanced at the building where Ling Yan was, and she waved at me. I just waved back.

 

Me: Won't they be looking for you?

Him: Who?

Me: Your classmates? Eomma? Appa? Hyungs?

Him: It's too early for them to come looking for me. Anyway, my classmates know I'm here.

Me: Hmm...

Him: Hmm...

 

He took a bottlecap from the counter and played with it. I watched his fingers gracefully turning the bottlecap over and over. He had long, nice fingers. I remembered him holding my hand that one time while trying to learn how to skate.

 

Ha. Ha. Ha.

 

It wasn't the time to reminisce. I didn't wanna be obvious. Yeah. I liked him more than I should.

 

Me: The rain hasn't stopped. It's falling hard, instead.

Him: Yeah.

Me: I wish it'll stop soon.

Him: It seems like the rain knows how I feel.

Me: Huh?

Him: You know what? The rain falling reminds me of you, because it's falling too hard and I am, too.

 

He had turned to look at me. He had a serious look. Then he smiled and poked my cheeks.

 

"I just had to say that."

 



 

A little light for this chapter. I couldn't do a double update because of time constraints. I hope you understand. ^_^ Anyway, I think you might be familiar with that line that Jungkook said. I just found it really sweet, so I had to include it. >~< Until next chapter. I leave you with Kookie's gifs. LOL. ♥♥♥ → 我爱你们! 吴爱你们!