Plans and the White Rose

Th13teen

 

 

Kai looked confused when he appeared behind mama after belting out the song. He shrugged and went to sit beside Chanyeol. Mama was speechless at that. She looked at everyone in the room, waiting for someone to answer her. Tao kept his head down, and Suho who was the one who said he was going to tell mama what Tao was doing, kinda just opened his mouth a bit, sort of at a loss for words.

 

Mama: So... Anyone care to tell me? Suho, you said you wanted to tell me something.

Suho: Uh...uh...well...

Mama: What are you up to? You are converged up here. It makes me feel like you're planning something I should know about.

Suho: Ma, Tao..uh...

Mama: What did you do now, Zitao?

Tao: I didn't do anything bad, if you ask me.

Mama: Then, tell me what is it.

Tao: I got a picture of the suspicious car and enhanced it to get the plate number. We had Jungkook call the MV registration and we found out something.

Mama: Found what out?

Tao: The car belongs to Dong Zhou Ming.

Mama: Dong Zhou Ming?

Suho: Yes, ma.

Mama: Isn't that...?

Tao: Dong brothers corporation, ma.

Mama: Give me that picture. Zitao.

Tao: Uh...

Mama: Now.

 

Tao hesitantly handed mama the picture. The other boys on Skype still had awed looks on their faces. Taehyung had scratched his cheek and blinked twice. Jungkook and Jimin were fidgeting as J tried to look calm.

 

Mama: Suho, call the police now.

Suho: Yes, mama.

Tao: But...

Mama: What?

Tao: Nothing...

Mama: I'm gonna call your papa back. Don't go anywhere.

Tao: I'm not.

 

Mama didn't really answer him after that. She walked out of the room and went down the stairs holding the picture. Suho had followed her.

 

Kyungsoo appeared on the door after a few minutes. He looked lost and confused when he found us all inside the room. He stood by the doorway and scratched his head. He then saw the laptop with the others on Skype.

 

Kyungie: Why aren't you packing your stuff?

Kai: They're up to something.

Kyungie: Oh? What is it?

Kai: I don't know. I just came in here now.

Baek: We have a suspect already.

Kai: Dong Zhou Ming.

Kyungie: I thought you just came in? How did you know that?

Kai: I guess I came in at the right time?

Lay: Whoa...what is this? Meeting?

 

Lay had appeared at the door as well.

 

Baek: Yeah. Looks like it.

Lay: What's up?

Chanyeol: Guess what we found out?

Lay: Uh...

Kyungie: Exactly my mind when I came in.

Kai: There's a suspect for the suspicious car already.

Lay: Do you know if it's the same person who broke our window?

Tao: Nope. Just a guess, because just after a few minutes after the police drove off, our window got broken. Who knows, they just made a detour and came back here.

Lay: Who is your suspect then?

Tao: Dong Zhou Ming.

Chen: Eurghhhhh...please stop saying the name already. I think I'm gonna get sick.

Tao: Dong Zhou Ming.

Chen: Zitao please.

Baek: If the police gets him for questioning, maybe we'll get lucky and have gotten the right person to blame.

Jimin: Do you think it's the same person who stole Jin hyung's car?

Baek: It's possible. There was a note on his car, too. The only thing we are not sure of is the handwriting sample.

Tao: Still, even if the handwriting is not the same, the manner in how it was staged, could still be pointed at one person. Like a pattern or something. And the note itself. It said we are next. It means that it's the same person because of the last notes they left on Yoongi hyung's car.

Jimin: Dong Zhou Ming. Kookie-ya, you're good.

Jungkook: The woman on the other line didn't wanna give it first. I had to tell her what Baek hyung said.

Jimin: Did she sound suspicious when you asked?

Jungkook: I don't know. Maybe at first, when she didn't wanna give it.

Taehyung: She would probably tip off the owner of the car. Ask if they really are selling it.

Tao: But she already gave it.

Taehyung: Could it be that she gave you the wrong name?

Jungkook: Could be. I can't be so sure.

Tao: Ahhhh...I guess it's better that mama's going to tell the police about it. They'd be able to officially confirm it.

Taehyung: Yeah.

Sehun: Didn't mama say that papa wants us to stay at grandpa's?

Tao: Mama said don't leave this room.

Sehun: She said don't go anywhere. She might just mean not to leave the house.

Tao: Anywhere, Sehun. It means we are to stay inside this room.

Chanyeol: Hold it! Hold it! We shouldn't argue amongst ourselves now. It's not the time we go verbally attacking each other.

Baek: Spoken like a true Wu...

Chanyeol: I know right.

Lay: Alright. Let's all chill. Get off that bed, Chen. Imma go sleep.

Chen: Go back to your room.

Lay: If I might remind you, our window is broken. I don't wanna stay there just yet. Someone might throw something inside.

Chen: There's police outside orz.

Lay: Can't be more careful. Now, scoot!

Chen: Pffffttt...

 

And Lay went to stretch on Baek's bed. He closed his eyes and shushed us.

 

Lay: Now, don't go talking too loud. Imma sleep. I need to sleep. God knows I need to forget what has happened. And sleep will help me forget.

Baek: Get off my bed. Imma go to sleep too.

Lay: Share, juseyo.

Baek: Scoot. The wall side is mine.

Lay: Fine.

 

I felt a little better after what the older boys had found out. I went to sit behind Tao and peeked over his shoulders. He was still talking to the Kims and Taehyung on Skype. I had wanted to see Taehyung up close, just to make sure he really looked alright.

 

Taehyung had a slight blackish blue right cheek, but other than that he looked okay. However, it still sort of freaked me out. He did look like the bruise didn't bother him, but I thought he just made it like he looked okay. But knowing him, he must have wanted to focus on the fact that he was alive rather than dead.

 

I shuddered at the thought. And my eyes met Jungkook's right when I shuddered. He sort of opened his mouth a little to say something, but he just nodded at me and went to sit behind Jimin and hid his face.

 

The Kims were probably in Jimin's room. I could sort of see his personality in the room. There wasn't much going on in the room, but once you see the inside, you'd definitely associate the room with Jimin. From where I was and how the camera was angled, his computer must have been situated in front of his bed. Like there was a table right at the foot of the bed and there was where he placed the laptop. J and Jimin were sitting right in front and were talking to Tao about the skateboard practice possibilities. On the other screen, Taehyung was nodding along.

 

Taehyung was probably in their dad's office. The room looked dim and he was sitting on a large swivel chair. Behind him was a wrought-iron shelf full of books and a potted bonsai plant. I guess they've been to Japan a lot to have been fond of bonsai. Their house was full of bonsai plants and stuff. As Taehyung swiveled to the left and right as he talked with Tao and the others, I caught sight of a wicker armchair to his right. There was someone sitting there. Actually, more like sleeping. Yoongi clutched a cushion pillow and was sleeping peacefully.

 

Taehyung saw me looking at Yoongi and he turned his head to look at his hyung and laughed. He deliberately swiveled his chair for me to get a good long look at the sleeping Yoongi. He was grinning from ear to ear. The others didn't quite notice what he was doing, because it looked like he was just being his dorky self. I rolled my eyes at him and mouthed "are you okay?" He just nodded and raised an arm and acted as if to flex his muscles.

 

I kind of chuckled at that. A chuckle with a hint of hysterics. Tao turned his head around to look at me. I quickly dropped my gaze and covered my mouth.

 

I had to think of ways to forget the fear I had earlier. A suspicious car was found in the vicinity, someone breaking our window with a baseball wrapped in a note threatening us that one of us will be taken by force, and worrying about mama because she had not answered her phone right away. I had to thank my brothers for looking out for me and for calming me down. I couldn't breathe for about ten minutes and I had to do breathing exercises as Chanyeol calmly instructed me. He had hurried downstairs to ask Suho what to do. Lay was sort of panicking at that time because mama was not answering her phone and I was short of breath.

 

When Tao turned to look back at the laptop and resumed talking, I glanced at Taehyung once more. He caught my eye and also mouthed "are you okay?" I only nodded slightly, so as not to attract anyone else's attention.

 

Sehun and Kai were rather bored and went to sit by Tao's bedside and talked with the Kims and Taehyung.

 

Suho came back and peeked his head inside the room. He motioned for Lay and Baek to come with him. Lay looked confused when Chen prodded him by the arm. Baek just rolled his eyes and got up to follow Suho. They went to papa's office just next door. Papa must be on the phone and wanted to talk to them. They were the oldest kids in the house at the moment and papa must have wanted to give them instructions on what to do while they were still in London. The recent events should have been enough for papa to start getting worried for us who were left in Beijing.

 

 


 

 

To make a long story short, papa had suggested that we go to grandpa Wu's for the meantime, just until they arrive from London. Mama had been in the office with Suho, Lay and Baek when papa called. Mama informed papa about Tao's discovery and that she had sent the copy of the photo to the police. Papa was beside himself when he heard who the car was registered under. He probably cursed on the phone because we heard mama scold him. We sort of eavesdropped on them, actually. So we heard part of what was said.

 

Tao had ended the Skype call with the Kims and Taehyung, then he urged us to go listen in on the phone conversation between papa and the older boys.

 

The bits that we heard were fairly the important ones. We didn't really need to listen to Suho relaying them again over at the dinner table. But since we were not supposed to eavesdrop on in their convo, we pretended to be listening to him. Well, except for the parts where Suho actually quoted papa.

 

In light of the development regarding Tao finding our about Dong Zhou Ming owning the suspicious car, Papa held off on going to grandpa Wu's for the remaining days that they were in London. We were to continue packing up our stuff and get ready to move back to our house. Papa also said that they have settled the lease of the house in London and were just waiting for Luhan, Xiumin and Kris to finalize their enrollment at the university. As soon as the three complete what they were supposed to complete at the university, they will be coming back home. In the meantime, papa asked mama to request for police until the case was solved. He also informed mama to formally file a case against the Dongs regarding the suspicious activity in our vicinity.

 

The evening news consisted mainly of the day's events; the attempted robbery at the Mins, the vandalism and threat made against us, and the Dongs invited for questioning over at the police station. There was also a temporary restraining order against any of the Dongs while the investigation was ongoing. The Mins have filed a case investigation against Dong Li Zhen because of his surprise appearance at their house just minutes before the attempted robbery, resulting in Taehyung being physically hurt.

 

A reporter was stationed outside of the Min house and as the camera swept the area, it showed several media people sort of camping outside and trying to get glimpses or photos of the residents. There were also police escorts stationed outside the driveway. So far, there were no interviews done by the Mins. The doctor probably disallowed the media from interviewing her children, especially Taehyung. There was one glimpse of Yoongi in the passenger seat of his car with his bodyguard driving for him. Probably going out on an errand for his eomma. Other than that, there were no glimpses of the other Mins.

 

And as was expected, there was also a reporter stationed outside our house. Mama had not allowed any of us to be interviewed as well. She also refused to give any comment to the media and requested the police who were stationed outside to ask the media not to force themselves on anyone who would go in and out of the house, especially us who were underage.

 

The news anchor had made a statement about the posibility that if the Dongs were not invited for questioning, there would yet be another incident of the day. And that the Kims would probably be the next target, deducing that since it was Jin's car that was stolen first and considering the notes that were left. The news anchor had asked a reporter who surprisingly was stationed right outside the Kims' gate. This reporter had his cameraman sweep the area for any suspicious activity. There were a few media people outside as well. No one from the Kims went out for an interview, either.

 

Everything in Fengtai was somehow in chaos. Come Monday, everyone at school will be talking about it again. Especially about the possible involvement of the Dongs. It was already known that their children went to school at the Global Haidian. Well, except Hua Chen, because she was already a university freshman.

 

Mama forbid any of us to post anything on our SNS accounts about the incident. And she also reminded us to be tactful for anyone who would try to ask questions about it. As long as the investigation is not done and the case closed, we were not allowed to say anything about it. Not even to our friends.

 

Suho looked at Tao and Baek when mama said that. For some reason, I guess he didn't trust the two to shut up about the issue. Then he turned his head to Chen who snorted when he saw Suho look at him. Lay and Chanyeol were softly discussing the issue and Kai was making short remarks after Lay or Chanyeol said something. Sehun was in his own world, happily eating his dessert. Kyungsoo was watching the news intently. He narrowed his eyes whenever a picture of the Dongs appeared on screen. I sat silently, eating my dessert, occasionaly glancing at each brother. Mama cleared and everyone sat up straight. Dinner was already done, but the news on TV was not. Mama was watching the update on TV and the boys' hushed discussion sort of distracted her.

 

Tao: Do we need to go to school on Monday?

Suho: Of course. Why not?

Tao: Maybe...someone will try and get us then?

Suho: We have police .

Tao: What if they have more people to do the job for them?

Suho: It can't be.

Tao: How can you be sure?

Suho: I'm not sure, okay. Finish your food.

Tao: Can I be excused from school on Monday?

Suho: No.

Mama: Zitao.

Tao: Duibuqi mama.

Mama: There's already a restraining order from the court against the Dongs. I'm going to meet the lawyer again tomorrow regarding the case.

Tao: Will Mrs. Kim help?

Mama: Yes, of course. So-eun has given her word that she will help with the case.

Suho: What we need to focus on is the packing of our stuff. Not the case. Let's leave it with the lawyers.

Tao: Hao ba. When will we be actually moving?

Mama: When your papa and the boys arrive, we'll be moving back to the house.

Tao: Right away?

Lay: Maybe let's give them an hour to rest?

Chanyeol: Yeah. You know Kris ge will definitely fall asleep right after his hits the couch.

Lay: Don't forget Lu ge.

Kyungie: I've actually started packing since last night.

Sehun: Yeah, me too.

Mama: That's good. The rest of you do your packing. Who knows your papa and the others will be home by Tuesday.

 

We just nodded at that. I hadn't started packing up my stuff. I was about to do it today, but because of what happened, it totally escaped my mind. I was actually still scared of what might happen in the night. Even if there were police stationed outside our house and possibly the rest of them making rounds in the area, I was still scared. I decided to go sleep beside mama this night.

 

Well, I thought I was the only one who thought that. I was wrong. Come bedtime and I knocked on mama's door. Sehun opened the door from the inside. I was sort of surprised to see him there. I had thought he'd be sleeping in his and Kyungie's room. I stepped inside with my pillow.

 

Well, what do you know? I wasn't the only one...nor was Sehun.

 

Tao was also in the room. He was watching TV from the armchair beside the bed/ His feet were propped up on the ottoman and he was hugging a pillow. Mama was sitting at the desk by the vanity and she was writing something, her laptop open. Must be working or doing some school work.

 

I went to sit at the bed and leaned back on the headrest. Sehun went back to sit at the foot of the bed, watching TV as well. Tao had the remote control in hand and he was watching a Japanese samurai movie. Sehun was making side commentaries as the hero on screen drew out his sword as the enemy approached.

 

Sehun: Didn't he have a bow and arrow earlier? Why didn't he just pick it up and use it now. The enemy shouldn't know he has that sword yet. Oh come on... Do you realize what you're about to do? I can't understand why he had to...ughh...aaahh...like I said...rash actions...

Tao: He knows what he's doing. Shut up and just watch.

Sehun: You know he's rather being stupid with that, right?

Tao: No.

Me: Why are you two here?

Tao: Suho and Lay ge are in my room. They can't use their room yet. Window's just boarded up and they don't wanna sleep in there.

Me: It's better than the window being open.

Sehun: See? Now he's captured. He could've ran away first and not- ughhh...what are you- no way!

 

He wasn't paying attention to our conversation. He was absorbed in making a commentary of the movie. Mama didn't seem to be bothered by that. She was busy with what she was doing at her desk.

 

With me in her room, I guess she already knew I wanted to sleep in here too. She didn't have to ask why I was there.

 

I went under the covers and hugged my pillow. The bed was wide. Wide enough for four people. Since I was smaller than most people, I guess one more person could share the bed with us. I playfully kicked Sehun's back from under the covers. He didn't turn around, but pushed my feet away with his hand. I kept poking his back with my feet and he grabbed it and wrapped the blanket around my feet. I tried to wiggle it free, but he held the blanket tight. But his eyes never left the screen all that time. He was also still busy commenting on the movie.

 

"NO! You can't stay here! Go away!"

 

Was that Kyungie?

 

"How many times will I tell you? You can't stay here. Go back...gooo...arghhhh...I swear I'll kick your ..."

 

Yup. That was Kyungie.

 

"Hyunggggg....please?"

 

Kai?

 

Yeah. No mistaking that voice. I guess he was just annoying the bat out of Kyungie. He didn't really sound serious. He just wanted to hear Kyungie's annoyed voice. I heard Kai laugh afterwards and sounds on the stairs like he was running up it.

 

"Don't even try to come back down here, Jongin."

 

"You don't mean that, hyung. I know you want me to come back."

 

"Would you two stop it? It's nine o'clock already. Don't make me come out there and kick your butts."

 

And there goes Suho.

 

Imbibing Lu ge's spirit.

 

I wouldn't really like it if he started kicking everyone's like Luhan. It would just be weird altogether. Not that he doesn't need to be physical sometimes, because god knows these boys are too much to handle most of the time, but it won't be like him to start being physical.

 

Mama had looked up from her laptop and closed her eyes. She heard the banter downstairs and looked as if she was suddenly stressed. She picked up her phone and started texting. Probably texting papa. Her desk was full of paper and some books, aside from her laptop. In just a few months, mama will graduate and will take the board exam. Hopefully, mama will get her license on the first take. She was working hard to get her degree. A little late maybe, but she wasn't complaining. We were old enough to do some things on our own and it was time for her to do what she wanted. Even though she was just a homemaker in our growing up years, I didn't see mama as a weak woman. Especially when she started going with papa on his travels. Papa depended on her for some things.

 

When I see mama and papa talking alone, I sometimes wonder why papa had the guts to be infidel to her before. They seemed perfect for each other. Especially when mama wins an "argument." LOL. They're a tag team, though. Papa handles the numbers, mama handles the emotions. Papa thinks with his logic, mama thinks with her heart. Those two go together perfectly.

 

I wish I'd have that kind of relationship in the future. Not something that's laid out for me. I want to find out for myself. I want something like what mama and papa have. Well, except for the infidelity part. I couldn't take it, if it was me. I would probably burn them alive if I was to catch my husband cheating on me.

 

I glanced at mama again and saw that she was back on her laptop. She was also looking over one of the books beside her, from time to time.

 

I snuggled under the covers and hugged my pillow tight. Sehun shifted in his seat and went to crawl under the blanket as well. He asked me to move a little bit to the side so he can snuggle under the covers. He pinched my cheeks when I stuck my tongue out at him. I had to comply so he won't pinch me again. Tao turned his head and grinned. He got up from the armchair and went to sit down on my other side, sliding under the blanket as well. He placed an arm around me and poked my cheek with his finger. I pulled a strand of his hair and he winced and rubbed his head.

 

All three of us finished watching the movie and I fell asleep just before another movie started. I didn't know what time mama went to sleep, but when I woke up at about three in the morning to go to the bathroom, she was already beside us on the bed.

 

 

 


 

 

Sunday, we spent the time to pack our stuff. The house was busy with us going up and down the stairs, getting fresh laundry from and dumping soiled clothes to the laundry room. Big boxes were once again brought out and most of the stuff we don't really use had been placed inside the boxes. I packed my clothes in a suitcase and most of my school things in a big box.

 

Papa called again. He asked how our night went and if there were any suspicious events during the night. He mentioned that he and the three oldies already stayed the night at the house. It was situated in a U-like street in Beckenham; Foxgrove Avenue, it was called. Luhan had sent us photos of the house shortly after papa called. It was a two-storey house, and it had four bedrooms. Luhan had sent a photo for each room in the house. Kris and Xiumin "modeled" for every photo, with papa in the background, unaware of what was happening.

 

Luhan sent the photos to Suho and we crowded around him as he scrolled through the photos. We were excited of course. We want to see the house as well. Mama was still talking to papa and were discussing about the legal stuff that they would take regarding the Dong brothers.

 

Suho: Hold it. Just one at a time. Juseyooooo!

Chanyeol: It's covered in snow. It looks like a gingerbread house.

Kai: It's still snowing in London. It's good that we didn't get much snow this year here.

Chen: I know right. The three must have taken out their coats even when inside the house.

Chanyeol: I think they turned the heater on, for sure. Don't be pabo.

Chen: I was only stating the obvious.

Suho: Do not drop my phone, will you?

Kai: Hyung, just buy a new phone if it falls.

Suho: Zhong Ren, don't make me ground you more than you deserve.

Kai: I was just joking hyung.

Me: The house is nice.

Kai: Yeah, it is. How soon can we go there?

Me: Maybe in a few years, oppa.

Kai: I don't know if I should study university in London, though.

Me: Why?

Kai: Eomma might have other plans for me.

Me: You can tell her you already have plans.

Kai: It's not as easy as it seems.

Chen: Send in your application to London first, then tell your eomma she can't say no anymore.

Kai: Pfffft...you know eomma is stubborn.

Kyungie: You can always ask grandpa for help. Wasn't it he who was able to talk her into bringing you to Florida last year?

Me: Good one, oppa. Grandpa will surely be able to help you with that.

Kai: I can do that, yeah. Hmmmm....

 

Tao was in a struggle not to post the pictures online. He had Suho's phone now and was sending the photos to his phone. Suho had warned him about not posting any stuff on his SNS for the meantime while the case was ongoing. He gave the phone to Lay as he went to sit on the couch and bit his lip. I knew he was having an internal battle whether or not to post even just one photo online.

 

Mama finished talking to papa and looked at us still crowded around Suho's phone and discussing the house. She placed her hands on her hips and tapped her foot on the floor. We looked up at her and grinned sheepishly. Lay gave the phone back to Suho and ran back upstairs to resume packing. Suho pocketed his phone and went back to his task as well.

 

Baekhyun lay asleep on the couch. He had stretched himself comfortably on one of the couches and slept. The perks of not having martial arts classes. Well, it was a Sunday anyway. But because of the recent events, martial arts classes were temporarily suspended.

 

You might say that it was rather stupid to halt the classes when it would be useful for the students to learn to defend themselves, right? But parents were the ones who requested to halt the classes for the meantime. It wasn't the classes that was the problem, it was the fact that someone crazy enough to kidnap anyone was out there.

 

The rest of the boys went up to finish packing up, except Baekhyun. Mama just shook her head and raised both arms in surrender before she went upstairs to start packing as well.

 

 

 

 

Monday.

 

One of those awkward days. Not because of the usual reasons, but because of the incident that weekend. People were talking in hushed voices as I passed the hall to my first period class.

 

English Literature.

 

With Jungkook and Taehyung.

 

Couldn't it be more awkward than it already was?

 

Yes.

 

I walked through the doorway of the classroom and made my way towards my seat. Yue was already there. She had on a worried look. Right. I didn't really tell her anything the past weekend. I bet she was worried for me. I smiled at her and greeted her. She tilted her head at me as if she couldn't believe I was able to smile.

 

I asked her why she was giving me the look. She told me that she was just not expecting me to smile after what happened. I rolled my eyes at her. But deep inside, I knew she had a point. I was still a bit scared actually. But I decided not to dwell on it. As long as I followed papa's instructions, I am safe.

 

Taehyung came in with a wide grin on his face.

 

Yue was more than shocked to see him smile as wide as the ocean, with that bluish right cheek that the thief had given him.

 

Yue: What?

Taehyung: Good morning, miss Moon.

Yue: You...look...happy.

Taehyung: Yes. Of course. Why?

Yue: Weren't you...I mean...Shouldn't you be...

Me: I think he's alright.

Taehyung: Why do you think I wouldn't be able to smile?

Yue: Well...if it was me, I'd probably be locking myself up in my room.

Taehyung: I miss my fans. Hehehehe.

Me: Seriously?

Taehyung: Won't you miss me, too?

Me: I knew you were alright.

Taehyung: What if you didn't know?

Me: I would ask your hyungs...or call you.

Taehyung: Good point. But not everyone has my number or friends with my hyungs.

Me: Right.

Yue: I know who'll miss you.

Taehyung: You?

Yue: It's a given, Taetae. But I meant someone else.

Taehyung: Nugunde?

Yue: Oh, I understand that. It means who, right? She's right there.

Taehyung: Where?

Me: Kara?

Yue: Yep. I noticed her passing by every Monday morning. She doesn't just pass by, though. She lingers for a bit outside the classroom and peeks inside.

Me: How did you know it was Taehyung?

Yue: She smiled when she saw him just now.

Taehyung: So, it's good that I came in here smiling, too. I'm gonna go say hi.

Yue: Please...

Me: Hahaha. Let him be.

 

And Taehyung indeed went out and faced Kara to say hi. Jungkook arrived as Taehyung was talking to Yukio. He had on a grim face. He raised a hand in greeting and sat down beside me. He didn't say anything else, though. He just took out his homework and read through it before he took out his pen and started making corrections. I tried to make small talk and ask him how his weekend was, but he just smiled and continued what he was doing.

 

Something was off.

 

He was probably upset about something, but as he already promised that he won't ignore me, he smiled at me without really talking.

 

Now, what did I do?

 

Somehow, it was always related to whatever it was that I did. The last time he was like this was when I spent some time with Taeyong. But this time, I haven't even talked to that Brat in a while. Why was he acting like this again?

 

I felt rejected all the same.

 

Ouch.

 

Why did it hurt? I stole a glance at him and I saw him looking at me. But he looked away just as I saw him. I didn't try to talk to him after that. I just left him to sort things out for himself. I busied myself with the lesson. I had too much on my mind anyway.

 

 


 

"Xiao Yi! Is it true? Your mom filed a case against the Dongs?"

 

Someone from my History class asked me that afternoon. I just nodded as an answer. Well, news travel fast. Especially when it came to us. Actually, it was like that in this school, since most of the people here were well-known in Fengtai and Beijing.

 

"Oh my god. So it's true, then? Dong Zi's father might be behind the kidnapping and stuff?"

 

I just shrugged. I wasn't sure anyway. And I didn't know if I was supposed to answer it with a yes or no.

 

"Just as I expected from that family. Good thing papa didn't let me enroll in that school, otherwise, I'd be associated with someone who's a criminal."

 

"Innocent until proven guilty, though."

 

"Well, duh? The car was found lurking near Xiao Yi's house and it was found out that they owned the car."

 

"How about the other cars?"

 

"What cars?"

 

"Wasn't it in the news? The police said that another car had been reported to be following them before any of this happened?"

 

"That car with the Shanghai plate number?"

 

"Yes."

 

"It wasn't registered to anyone we know, I think."

 

"Then who? Did they say on the report?"

 

"Just from a rent-a-car service or something. But the police are not even sure that it was true. Someone's covering it up."

 

"Xiao Yi, be careful okay? It's really scary."

 

"Xiao Yi has twelve brothers who can take care of her."

 

"I wish I had twelve brothers as well."

 

"Then I'd be friends with Jungkook, if I had Sehun or Kai for a brother."

 

"That'd be cute."

 

"Jimin, though. Xiao Yi's so lucky. She's got cool brothers and friends with the cutest guys in school."

 

"Taehyung is cute."

 

"Sehun...Ayiiiiii..."

 

"Yixing...my god those dimples."

 

"Xiao Yi, please don't get mad at us. Your brothers are just...hot."

 

"If Kris isn't a senior, I'd totally pick him."

 

"Age is just a number."

 

Yeah, age is just a number. But why would you think Jungkook would like you back? I sort of felt annoyed when I heard his name being dragged into the gigglefest. There was no teacher at that time, because she had to go to the faculty to get some stuff for class.

 

I pretended I was okay.

 

Then I realized something.

 

Jungkook was being his bratty self. Wasn't he like this when he felt something was not in his way? Bad habit of his, to be honest. I now believe that he's bratty as he claims to be. He'll just ignore you when he wants to and not bother to explain. Well, he said hi and smiled, but still, he didn't talk to me. I still call it ignoring. And he promised he would not ignore me anymore.

 

I took out my phone from my bag and texted him.

 

"Hey, brat. I know something is wrong. You're not talking to me again. I feel you're ignoring me. You already promised."

 

When I was satisfied with what I typed, I sent it to him.

 

Or so I thought.

 

"Me, ignoring you? When did I do that? Or is that just your way of saying you miss me?"

 

The .

 

I sent the message to "The Brat" and not to Jungkook.

 

So much for two brats ruining my life.

 

*MAJOR FACEPALM*

 

Before I sent a reply to Taeyong, I sent the message again to Jungkook. And this time, I made sure that I chose Jungkook's name from my contacts.

 

Why did I select "Brat" anyway?

 

Ughhhh!

 

"That was missent, BRAT. Don't go assuming it was for you or that I miss you."

 

Well, I kinda miss you. But duh? Why would I tell you that? Stupid brat.

 

Beep!

 

"Like I would believe you. Wu Yinzi, I know you miss me. Don't worry, I'll try to make some time for you this weekend."

 

"ZZZZZZZZZZZ Soo Taeyong. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ."

 

"Those are Z's and my name in between. Do you mean you want me to sleepover?"

 

"Don't talk to me."

 

"We aren't talking. We are texting, if you haven't noticed. Or your brain has been adled recently that you forgot the difference between talking and texting?"

 

"ASDFGHJKL!"

 

"Can we talk after class?"

 

Wait.

 

It's not Taeyong.

 

The teacher was back and hurriedly typed a reply before I placed my phone back in my bag.

 

"Okay."

 

 

 


 

 

SIWON

 

 

It's just a matter of time and his plan would be done. Everything seems to have gone his way for the past few days. The police were in the wrong lead and with that, he'd be able to get rid of the stupid brothers in the best way possible. He knew the brothers won't dare tell on him because he made it clear that if they did, he'd not hesitate to do something to their families.

 

He had them by the palm of his hand.

 

He was not about to get discovered before his plan was fulfilled.

 

He was only waiting for the right moment now and he'd strike. He had a wonderful plan on how to use Dong Hua Chen as a bait. And if he couldn't get Min Taehyung, he was going to use the London-bred brat for the other strategy. That kid won't know he'd be handing Wu Zun's daughter to him. That London-bred brat didn't have to like him for him to follow his instructions. He'd follow without question, because he had the perfect plan. Taeyong won't even notice that he'd be the reason Wu Yinzi would go missing.

 

And not just her. Wu Luhan would go missing as well. Hua Chen should be a hundred per cent convincing on this one, though. But since she was a natural born actress, she'd pull it off. What with her family's safety at stake.

 

Dong Li Zhen and Dong Zhou Ming would no sooner be behind bars because of all the evidence leading to them. He was sure when Wu Zun returns from his London trip, he'd personally see to it that the two would get jailed for threatening and attempting to kidnap his kids, as well as vandalizing his property. Kim Jaejoong would do the same, knowing that his wife was a lawyer, he'd file a case too as soon as the police established the connection between the Dongs and Kim Seok Jin's incident. And of course, Min Kyung-hoon. He was probably back in Beijing and working with the Wu and Kim family to get the Dongs. His precious Taehyung badly hurt, and was about to be kidnapped.

 

"Heechul, I think it's time we go back to Beijing."

 

"You want me to book you a flight soon, boss?"

 

"Yes. Make it mid-February."

 

"That's around Chinese New Year, boss. You wanna celebrate it too?"

 

"Most probably yes. I need to book that flight as early as now, or I won't get there on time. You know how tourists are around this time."

 

"Yes, I know. Roundtrip ticket or-?"

 

"Yes, roundtrip. Make it a week's trip there. Cancel all my appointments on that week."

 

"Affirmative, boss."

 

"Oh, and Heechul..."

 

"Yes, Mr. Choi?"

 

"Include Ren's ticket, too. He's coming with me."

 

"Arasseo-yo."

 

"Thank you."

 

Chinese New Year would be the best time to execute his plans. It was a busy occasion for the Chinese and once someone went missing, it would cause a major ruckus. He wanted that. He wanted for it to look like someone else was doing it instead of him. Someone...like Mr. Soo Kui.

 

Soo Taeyong would be a major player, even if he wasn't aware of it. He saw how the kid moved around Wu Yinzi. The kid wouldn't pass on a chance to be with her.

 

Perfect plan.

 

You are such a genius, Siwon. You need more than just a pat in the back. But wasn't a pat on the shoulders or back considered bad luck for the Chinese? Heck, I'm not Chinese, anyway.

 

Waiting for Ah-Zun, Jaejoong and Kyung-hoon to be on travel would take forever, so it was best that he just carry out his plan even if they were in Beijing. It was even better that way. The Dong's inquest would be done before that, so when kids start to go missing again, they'd be fools to believe that the Dongs are doing it as a bargain. To release them or the kids would have to....die.

 

He couldn't wait. He wanted it to be February already.

 

It was the last week of January and Soo Kui's deadline for Wu Yinzi is almost over. She'd have to pick before the end of the week. Whichever she chooses, it wouldn't really matter, unless Soo Kui drops the original plan to marry off his daughter to Luhan. If Yinzi chooses Jungkook and Soo Kui stops there, then there was no need for the plan. But, if he proceeds with his original plan, then, Yinzi and Luhan would have to be taken.

 

He took out his phone, the one he uses for his "other" business and dialled a number. A girl answered on the other line.

 

"Wei."

 

"Dong Hua Chen."

 

"Mr. Lee..."

 

"Yes, it's me. Are you ready?"

 

"Y-yes, sir."

 

"You know what to do, right?"

 

"Yes. I know what to do."

 

"You do realize what is at stake..."

 

"Wo zhidao. As long as you promise not to hurt any one of us and you help papa get out of this mess."

 

"Of course. The time is almost near, my dear. Prepare well."

 

"Hao ma."

 

"That is all. I'll talk to you soon."

 

And he hung up.

 

The fool. She had to believe that he would help get the Dong brothers out of this mess.

 

Hell no! If I did, then who'd be blamed for what am I about to do? Stupid girl.

 

 

 


 

 

After class.

 

I did send him that text message that I would talk to him after class. Didn't they have skateboard practice? But he said after class, so I guessed they didn't have practice.

 

He didn't reply after I sent him the okay. But I thought that he probably kept his phone away already because he still had a class that time.

 

I didn't even ask him where he'd wanna talk to me. I knew I couldn't talk to him in front of my brothers. I had to wait for Suho and Lay ge after classes, since I'd be riding home with them. A police car escorted us out of the house and to school, so I guessed that it would be the same when we go home from school.

 

The bell had rang. I was done with my last class for the day. I slowly walked outside the classroom with my backpack on one shoulder and humming a tune to myself. Yue was walking beside me and she just looked at me like I had gone crazy. Ling Yan and Shanna didn't share the same class with us today, so they were in another building and on another class. It was just me and Yue this afternoon.

 

I told Yue that Jungkook wanted to talk to me after class. She raised an eyebrow and asked if there was something going on between us. I had to snort and shot her a grimace.

 

Yue: Why that face?

Me: I don't know. You saw how he acted this morning.

Yue: Yeah. So? What's wrong with that?

Me: Did you even actually see?

Yue: Well, hmmm...let's see. He came in the classroom, said hi, sat down beside you and smiled.

Me: Yeah.

Yue: So?

Me: He ignored me. I tried talking to him.

Yue: Did he? Did you?

Me: Yue!

Yue: I know, I know. I didn't notice anything different. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. He was busy, you know.

Me: I know that.

Yue: Ah, you were expecting him to talk to you the whole time?

Me: Not really. But....ughhh...

Yue: I get it. Hormone war.

Me: What?

Yue: You heard me.

Me: I know. But what do you actually mean by that?

 

We were already down by the double doors of the building. We walked under the covered pathway towards the next building where our lockers were. I had to drop some of my books in the locker. Yue's locker was just a few doors from mine and we stood talking with our locker doors opened.

 

I saw Jimin pass by, going to his locker. Taehyung was with him and they greeted us as they passed by. Jimin lingered for a bit by Yue's locker and made small talk. I giggled, because it was obvious that he was about to ask Yue out.

 

I didn't notice someone stop beside me and leaned on the locker next to mine. I was busy watching Jimin and Yue. Taehyung had proceeded to his locker and knocked on it a few times before he opened it. I chuckled.

 

Alien.

 

Something brushed my arm and I turned to look at what it was.

 

It was a single white rose. Holding the other end of the rose, was a hand that belonged to someone who probably had gone to the science garden and pluck the white winter rose without permission.

 

Jungkook.

 

"Do you know what a white rose means?"

 

Okay. Let me die now.

 



 

I didn't update for at least a week, right? Mianhaeyo chingu-leul. Just a little bit busier than usual. I hope you understand. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. ^_^  A little bit of TaeYi and JungYi there. Thank you again. → ♥♥♥ 吳愛你們!我愛你們!♥♥♥    

[ Mr. Spreading Legs, please... You're just a fetus, Kookie ]

[ I'm having major Min Yoongi feels recently ... xD ]