This Kid Was Serious. Hmmm...

Th13teen

BAEKHYUN:

 

Thursday, Kris ge's birthday. We all woke up at 12 midnight to greet him. Pfffft. He said we needed to greet him as soon as the clock struck 12. But when we called him, he didn't answer. His mama answered his phone for him saying he was sleeping. Pffft... We had to wait for about 10 minutes for him to wake up. Since it was a Wednesday night and we still had exams the next day, we all stayed in the media room and set the alarm for 11:45 PM, so if in any case we fell asleep, when the alarm goes off at 12 midnight we'd all be able to greet him. Mama had allowed us to stay a little bit up late that evening just for Kris ge. Anyway, when he finally got on the phone, he sounded groggy. Like he was woken up from a really deep sleep. His mama had said that they went shopping downtown the whole day for his souvenirs for all of us.

 

Ahhh... he was so thoughtful. I wonder what he got for me? Hmm... I wish it had something to do with food. We love takoyaki. We frequent that takoyaki stand at the mall near school. Sehun loved it the most, actually. That and his bubbletea. And I guess Kris ge would buy him the Japanese version of bubbletea. Who knows what the Japanese could come up with in terms of food. I also want a kimono. I hope he buys a kimono for me. I'd look cool wearing that, complete with a samurai...sword. I might wear them during the Asian culture festival at school. Ahhh... I just hope he won't forget.

 

Luhan had dialled his number to greet him at midnight for his birthday. He had put him on speakerphone mode so all of us could hear him.

 

Kris: Hello..

All 12 of us singing: Zhu ni shengri kuaile, zhu ni shengri kuaile, zhu ni xingfu...zhu ni jiankang... zhu ni qiantu guangming! Saeng-il chukhahabnida! Happy birthday Kris ge! Women ai ni!

Kris: Oh..oh...it's my birthday already?

Suho: How pabo are you hyung?

Kris: Geez, what a happy greeting you give me, Snow White.

Suho: Pffft.. Happy birthday Captain Shang.

Kris: Xiexie...kamsa...thank you all. Oh...oh... yeah...my birthday today.

Sehun: You are old, ge.

Kris: Am not!

Tao: Wait...wait... I want to see you. Hold on...Let's do video call.

 

And without warning, he grabbed Luhan's phone and ended the call. He then switched to video call and waited for Kris to answer. When he did, we all laughed because he was in his pajamas....which was kinda weird because he normally didn't wear pajamas to bed. He'd just normally wear a white tee and loose shorts to bed. We bet it was his mom who made him wear pajamas.

 

Chen: Hyung. What are you wearing?

Kris: Aish, shut up you.

Chanyeol: I think it's a superman pajama, ne? Hahahaha.

Kris: Shut up Dobichan.

 

Sehun was laughing so loud and moving around that he almost hit the door. Kai thumped his back and went to laugh along. Because everyone was laughing at his superman pajamas, Kris rolled his eyes and acted as if he was pushing the end button. Suho shouted, "No, noooo, nooooo!"

 

Kris: Then stop making fun of my pajamas orz.

Suho: We are not.

Kris: Yeah, I get it. You are just happy to see me in my pajamas. Yeah...right.

Luhan: it up, Shang.

Kris: Hey, Mulan.

Luhan: Hmpff...

Me: Captain Shang yo, don't forget my kimono, okay?

Kris: I thought I was the one who was celebrating a birthday?

Me: Yes, it's you.

Kris: Then you should be the one to give me a birthday present, not me buy you stuff?

Me: You promised me a souvenir from Japan?

Kris: Eyyy. I already got stuff for all of you. Now, did you even buy a birthday gift for me?

Me: I haven't.

Kris: Ouch.

Me: You're not here yet. I'm thinking of buying it for you when you return.

Kris: This video call is recorded. I will be expecting my birthday gift from you, Tinkerbell.

Me: Stop with the Tinkerbell reference, juseyo.

Kris: Nope. Not gonna do that.

Sehun: Gege, how about me? What did you buy for me?

Kris: Tell me first. What did you get me for my birthday?

Sehun: It's a surprise.

Kris: Who doesn't have a surprise for me and can tell me what they bought me for my birthday?

 

No one spoke for a minute.

 

Kris: Haoba. I was thinking of giving that person a new Dr.Dre Beats.

 

And he pulled out something from his bed. It was still in its box. All brand new and white. Damn! I should have bought him a gift yesterday. Grrrr....

 

Kyungie: Well, I'm thinking of washing your car for a week. That good enough for a birthday gift?

Kris: You gotta do better than that, owly boy.

Tao: I got you a set of Chrome Hearts shirts?

Kris: Ah, that's my style. You may get your Beats once I get home, ayt?

Tao: Aw! Yeahhh! XIexie!

 

And he did a happy dance. Show off. Grrr...

 

Kris: Alright kids. You still have exams tomorrow. You go back to sleep. I appreciate you calling me to greet me.

Sehun: But I don't wanna sleep yet. Let's light a cake for you, ge.

Kris: What?

Lay: Coming through...coming through...

 

Lay had brought in the surprise birthday cake for Kris. Yup. He was in Japan, but we still got him a cake. Since we had exams, we weren't able to actually bake him a cake, so we just ordered one for him. Kris ge was really surprised when he saw the cake. He was not expecting that at all. I think he was just thinking that we'd sing the happy birthday song for him and wish him well. He did not expect that we'd go out of our way to get him a birthday cake.

 

Luhan: Alright. Since you are in Japan and can't blow the cake, someone here will have to do it for you. But you have to make a wish first. Then, hmm.... Xiao Yi..come here. You blow the birthday candles for gege, ne?

Xiao Yi: Hao ba. Wo hui zuo dao de. I'll do it.

Luhan: Wu Yifan, da yige yuan...

Kris: Hao. Hmmm... Do I have to tell you?

Suho: Pabo-yah. No. It should be a silent wish.

Kris: Okay.

 

And he closed his eyes and muttered something. Tao and Kai were trying to decipher what he was muttering about. Sehun was counting the seconds until Kris finishes his birthday wish. He looked at Xiao Yi after he made the wish.

 

Kris: Okay, done. Make the wish come true for me, mei baobei.

 

When little sister did, we all clapped and made some noise. Luhan had set the peace sign high up in the air again. He had crinkled up his nose saying that mama would wake up if we didn't tone down our voices.

 

Luhan: Shhhhh... mama's gonna wake up.

Kris: Alright, go to sleep now. Show's over. Imma go back to sleep too.

Luhan: Yep, better. Last day of exams later today. Go to sleep everyone.

Sehun: But...

Luhan: Now.

Sehun: Fine.

Kris: You can call me tomorrow.

Chen: But you're gonna be out with your mom, right?

Kris: Uh-huh. I'll be out from midday to dinner, possibly.

Chen: So we can't call you anytime between those times?

Kris: Yep.

Chanyeol: Goodnight hyung.

Xiao Yi: Goodnight gege.

Kyungie: Wan an...wan an...

Tao: Your Chinese is improving. You know goodnight now?

Kyungie: Since three years ago?

Luhan: Shushhh.. Go to sleep now.

Me: G'night ge.

 

The rest of us bade him goodnight. Lay had gone to take the cake back in the fridge. We're going to eat it tomorrow. Ahahaha. There won't be any left for Kris ge on Saturday, because we won't be leaving any of it til then. Maybe we'll just buy him a new cake or bake him one.

 

 



 

 

So, it was like this. Monday afternoons were the skateboard team's regular practice. Tuesdays, the Min and Kim subteams; Wednesdays, the senpai subteam; Thursdays, all of us again, and Fridays, the Wu subteam.

 

Thursday afternoon. The whole team was present. And since exams were over, we'd be able to practice a little later than usual. I thought of treating the team out for some snacks. I was feeling confident that I'd be able to handle my finances well already. I have been able to use my card for a couple of purchases already. I do not want to splurge, though. But today, I felt like buying food for the team. We've been practicing hard enough. I invited the other teammates for pizza. Tao had suggested we hang out at home and just call for pizza delivery. Kai, Chanyeol and Sehun agreed to that and they looked at me for the final approval. Since I was considered the oldest Wu here, I was looked up to as the one who would be making the final decision. I said yes. We could hang out at the backyard. The poolside was large enough to accommodate us. The team captain accepted the invitation. The Mins and Kims as well.

 

As we made our way to the parking lot, I saw that Suho and Lay ge's cars were no longer there. They were home, then. I drove papa's S4 to school. The car could only accommodate us Wu kids, so the others had to ride with the team captain and other members. J hasn't gotten his Chinese license yet, so he was not allowed to drive around without his Jin hyung, as was Namjoon. They were to get their licenses in a couple of weeks, so for now, they either rode with their hyungs or take the cab or school bus.

 

We were four cars in all. I led the way home. Tao and Kai started singing one of our signature made up song. Chanyeol and Sehun were in charge of the beat-box part, I sang the chorus, and Tao and Kai sang the rap part. I guess we were noisy in the car that the people we passed by followed us with clueless faces. The other team members heard us and attempted to follow the beat and made up lyrics. Namjoon and J suddenly went into freestyle Korean rap. The car they were in was beside ours, as the street had two lanes. Man, they were good. I could understand Korean because of my half brothers, so I was able to appreciate their music.

 

The familiar street came into view. I signaled that we were nearing our temporary home. I slowed down as we neared the driveway. Tao rolled the windows back up and rapped in a low voice. Kai was still rapping nonsensically. I didn't mind it. In fact, not one in the car minded it. But if it was Luhan ge's car or Suho, they'd have silenced us already. They were the buzz killers of the family. Luhan's fun side had deteriorated over the years. I guess because he had so much responsibilty now, that he was no longer the fun-loving deer gege that was before.

 

Anyway, I stopped in front of the gate and honked three times. One of the househelp went to open the gate. I drove inside and let the others got out of the car, before I expertly parked the car inside the garage. Ahemm... I told you. I was an expert in parking. Hmmm..

 

The other team members had to park their cars by the roadside because there wasn't enough space to accommodate 3 more cars inside. Luhan and Xiumin's car still wasn't in...soccer practice for them... Anyway, I invited them all inside the house. Kyungsoo was in one corner of the living room, reading a book with his headphones on. When he saw our lot, he was shocked and got up immediately, made a little bow, before he went back to reclining on the couch and minding his own business. Suho made his way downstairs and peeked at us. He was probably wondering who it was that came in the house with me. I asked the other guys to relax first as I and the others went to dump our stuff upstairs. I followed Tao to our room and threw my backpack on top of my bed and stuffed my school jacket inside my closet. Tao had kicked off his shoes and pulled out his slippers from under the bed. He also had thrown his school jacket on his bed. Since it was just the two of us for the week, Kris' bed was full of our stuff. If he was here and saw our things on his bed, he'd have turned the angry dragon and breathed fire on us.

 

I was still in my school shirt and pants when I went down. I had discarded my tie and it went with the jacket inside the closet. Tao had done the same and ran down the stairs behind me. Kai and Chanyeol followed us shortly. Sehun came down last, and as he reached the last step, he tripped again. Good thing he was able to hold on to the rails, so he didn't fall. It was amusing though, because during skateboarding, he doesn't really trip. He was a natural on the board.

 

Jimin sat nearest Kyungie. Jimin had akwardly tapped Kyungie by the arm to ask if it was okay that he sit there. Owl boy's eyes lit up and smiled creepily as he nodded. Jimin didn't look creeped out though. He sat comfortably beside Kyungie. Suho had gone to check the contents of the fridge and offered drinks to our guests. I told him that he need not prepare anything because we were going to order pizza. There was a promo that for two boxes of pizza, we'd get two one litre bottles of black soda drink. If you must know, black soda drink is Coke or Pepsi, whichever suits you. Kris ge had named it the black soda drink and we happily adapted to that term instead of the proper noun. Suho asked if we could order three boxes, because the third box would be his and the others.

 

Kai was near the phone and he picked up the receiver and started to dial delivery. The living room was a bit noisy discussing what pizza topping we'd get.. We chose create-your-own-pizza-topping and voiced out our favorite toppings. Red bell pepper, cheese, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, mushrooms, green bell pepper, sausages, broccoli...wait...what?

 

Me: What? Broccoli?

Sehun: Yes, why?

Me: Eww, please no.

Sehun: Can I get a solo pizza with broccoli then?

Me: You pay for that.

Sehun: No way.

Me: Then don't order.

Sehun: Please...

J: Okay, I will pay for that. I love broccoli too. Make that two solos with broccoli toppings and add cheese and pepperoni to the second.

Sehun: Me too!

J: Okay, broccoli, cheese, pepperoni for both solos.

Sehun: Kamsahamnida, hyung.

J: No prob.

JK: Hyung, buy for me too.

J: Aish. Fine.

Jimin: And me?

J: Money down.

Jimin: Why you pay for Kookie but not me?

J: Appa gave you money. I saw it...

Jimin: Hahhhh...why you should play favorites?

JK: Hoseokkie hyung loves me more than you.

Jimin: Hoseokkie-ah.. hyungggg...

J: I don't know you. Nuguseyo?

Namjoon: Hajima...uljima

JK: Uljima...

 

The rest of the team teased Jimin then. We were really noisy so Kyungie excused himself and went upstairs.

 

"Ooops! Duibuqi Kyungie-yah."

 

I got up and led the team outside the house going to the backyard. Kyungie must have been annoyed already, so he just excused himself and went somewhere quiet. I opened the door to the backyard and waited by the door as all of them got out. Xiao Yi and Lay ge were sitting at the garden benches. Lay had his laptop open and had his headphones plugged in. He was also writing something. Probably writing the lyrics to the new song he had arranged. Xiao Yi had a book propped up while she indian-sat on the bench. Because the two of them were sitting on the benches, I led the team by the poolside. There was a coffee table there and about six chairs. The others sat on the grass. I noticed Jungkook turned his head to look at Xiao Yi.

 

Hmmm...

 

Then as I sat on the ground beside Taehyung, he seemed to be looking at my little sister too.

 

Hmmm...

 

Do both of them have an eye for my sister? I remembered Taehyung saying Xiao Yi was pretty, back in Florida. If that was not something, then what was?


Me: Say, Taehyung-ah, do you happen to like my sister?

Taehyung: Huh? I...uh...

Me: Yes, you do.

Taehyung: Ah...uhmm...

Me: You don't have to deny it. I'm not against it, but you have to wait four years more before you can ask her to be yours.

Taehyung: Hyung...I..uh...understood.

Me: Good.

Taehyung: Thank you.

 

Jungkook was sitting beside two people across me, so I couldn't ask him outright. I stared at him staring at my sister. I was hoping he'd look at me, and if he did, I'd have asked him then. The others did not pay attention to me or to Taehyung and Jungkook. Sehun had started a story about our stay in Florida and how we practiced by the beachside.

 

Taehyung: Hyung, if you want to know, Jungkook likes Xiao Yi, too.

Me: Huh?

Taehyung: You wanted to ask him, right?

Me: Yeah...thanks.

Taehyung: And you're okay with that?

Me: Hmmm...maybe. But I like you better for my sister.

Taehyung: Whoa..whoaaa...geez...thanks a lot..whoaa

Me: Don't tell him that.

Tao: Tell who what?

 

Tao had transferred to sit on the grass beside me. He was sitting on one of the chairs and J had replaced him there. Kai and Sehun were animatedly relaying our Florida escapades to the others.

 

Me: Jungkook.

Tao: Why? What's with Jungkook?

Me: He likes Xiao Yi, too.

Tao: Huh? What too? There's another one?

Me: This guy over here... *points at Taehyung*

Tao: Oh. I'm with you, bro.

 

And he reached out his hand and patted Taehyung's shoulders. At that moment, Xiao Yi glanced in our direction and met Jungkook's eyes. She smiled and waved. Jungkook did the same.

 

J: Hey, Kookie-yahhh...pay attention here. Where are you looking- oohhh...Xiao Yi... ahahahh...

JK: Pshh... She's my classmate in english literature.

Taehyung: Yes, we are classmates.

J: Ahh, but the twinkle in your eyes, Kookie-yahh...

Jimin: Kookie has a girlfriend? Nugu?

J: You have a girlfriend, too...right Jiminnie?

Jimin: Aish hyung. Stop it. I'm blushing.

 

Sehun had went to sit beside Jungkook and patted his back. It seemed to me like he was taking Jungkook's side regarding Xiao Yi. When I saw Kai sat on Jungkook's other side, I seemed to think that he was also pro-Jungkook.

 

Chanyeol: Hey. My sister's off limits, y'all. Touch her and you'll have to answer to me.

Jimin: Ah, Chanyeollie, not your sister, no.

J: Who's your girlfriend again?

Team Capt: Girlfriends are allowed for members, but make sure they don't distract you from performing well during the competitions.

Namjoon: Aye, aye boss.

Chanyeol: Don't you have a girlfriend, Namjoon-ssi?

Namjoon: I got rejected. *fake sobs*

J: Waeyo?

Namjoon: Because I didn't buy her tickets to Justin Bieber's concert.

J: Pfffffttt...hahahaha...

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Justin Bieber's concert? I doubt Namjoon would wanna go there.

 

Jimin: You don't like JB?

Namjoon: The H no!

Jimin: Kookie likes JB. Aye?

JK: I don't.

Me: Ahahaha. Sehunnie like's JB.

Sehun: So what?

J: PMSL. Okay. This team is weird.

 

"Pizza is here!"

 

Suho called out. He stuck his head out the back door. I got up and walked over to the house. Tao had gotten up as well. He helped me bring the pizza boxes and drinks to the poolside. Suho had asked one of the househelp to bring us glasses for the drinks.

 

As we ate, Kai had shown some of his dance moves to the team. He also taught some dance moves that we could incorporate in the tricks. It was almost sundown and as we lounged on the grass by the poolside, we heard people coming in from the front door. Who was it? I had gone to inspect who it was that arrived. Luhan and Xiumin ge had just got back from soccer practice and had invited a couple of friends over to hangout with. They made their way to the backyard. When Luhan saw me by the door, he stopped abruptly. Xiumin who was following him, bumped into him.

 

Luhan: You guys invited friends over, too?

Me: Yep.

Luhan: Whoa... Full house. Full house. Guys, guys...

Xiumin: Unexpected, this is.

Luhan: Okay Yoda, change venue.

 

They retreated and settled in the living room. As I made my way back to the poolside, something caught my eye. Lay was still on the bench with his laptop on and was spacing out. Xiao Yi was still beside him on the bench. But there was another person who was sitting beside her.

 

Kim Jungkook.

 

Lay didn't seem to mind him there. I didn't mind either. But Chanyeol would mind if he saw. The youngest Kim had a slice of pizza on one hand and a half-eaten one on the other. It looked to me like he was offering the other slice to my sister. Lay already had one on his hand. I just noticed.

 

This kid was serious.

 

Hmmm...


 




BTS Concept photos #1 had come out already. Emo-angsty concept, if you ask me. Well, that's what I think anyway. >_<  I was going to say something, but I forgot. LOL. Maybe I'll just edit this part later when I remember what I wanted to say. Anyway, until I remember it, here's me and the Wu kids saying ♥♥♥  吳愛你們!我愛你們!Make it the Wu, Kim and Min kids, actually. Thank you! ^_^   [BTS "Outro: Propose" still on loop for this. IDK, I'm just inlove with this song. xD]