Yoongi Had To Know

Th13teen

 

"We were booted out of the house."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want to know?"

"Do you know?"

"Yes, of course. So, do you want to know?"

 

 

That was Chen and Jimin talking. We were at the park and Jimin and Jungkook just appeared out of nowhere. Kai had asked them if they met our brothers who were on their way to their house. Jimin had said that my brothers were already there and that Jin had told them to steer clear of the house for a while.

 

 

Jimin: If you ask me, they were a little bit suspicious.

Chen: If you want to know, just ask. I can tell you.

Tao: I don't know if we need to tell them, though.

Jimin: Ouch, Tao-ah. Why do you think so?

Tao: Because...it doesn't really concern you...

Chen: Well, it does concern them...in a way.

Jimin: What? Come on, tell us.

 

 

Jungkook had sat beside me on the grass without speaking. He just listened as Jimin and my brothers talked. I didn't talk either. Because I couldn't talk just yet. I was restarting my heart. I was not expecting to see him today. He had raised a hand as they approached earlier. I raised a hand to greet him. That was all. But now that he was seated beside me, I couldn't say anything. He was also speechless. Or he just pretended not to be able to speak? I don't know.

 

 

Chen: It's like this. Your Jin hyung knows someone who is sort of trying to blackmail our Lu ge.

Jimin: A girl?

Chen: Yes.

Jimin: Who?

Tao: Do you know Dong Hua Chen?

Jimin: Ah...who?

Kai: Remember that time I asked J hyung to ask your Jin hyung about a girl?

Jimin: Yeah.

Kai: It's that girl.

Jimin: Oh, what's with her?

Chen: She's trying to blackmail Lu ge into..uhm..dating her.

Jimin: That...is...sick...

Chen: I know right.

Kai: Your jin huyng had said that he and that girl spoke while in Hong Kong.

Jimin: Ooohhh... yeah. I remember her. Right, Kookie?

 

 

Jungkook just nodded.

 

 

Jimin: ...she was trying to hook up with hyung. Ewww.

Tao: Now, she's trying with Lu ge.

Kai: So, we're hoping your hyung can help us with more information. At least the things he knew about her.

Jimin: Oh, okay. I get it now. Hyung must've wanted us to stay away for a while because he didn't wanna drag us into this.

Chen: Right. Luhan ge didn't even tell us. So I guess your hyung just wants to protect you.

Jimin: Kookie-yah... Did you know about this?

JK: Not really...but I saw her and Luhan hyung at the horror house.

Tao: What horror house?

 

 

Ooops! Tao didn't have to know I was with Jungkook.

 

 

JK: I mean...I was looking for Jimin hyung that time and I saw Luhan hyung talking to the girl.

Chen: Xiao Yi saw that too. Were you with her?

JK: Who? Hua Chen?

Chen: No, Xiao Yi.

JK: Uhm..

Kai: He was with Jimin. Were you not listening?

Chen: Oh, sorry. Anyway, we feel as if that girl was trying to hook up with every firstborn she could think of. It's just a matter of time until Yoongi hyung will be her next victim.

Jimin: Yoongi hyung? Taehyung's brother?

Tao: Yes.

Jimin: Whoaa...That is so sick.

Chen: Hasn't your appa warned you about the Dongs?

Jimin: Aniyo.

Chen: Papa had warned us when we were in Hong Kong.

Jimin: Jinjja? Waeyo?

Chen: Her father and uncle are trying to get Mr. Soo-Kui into buying a questionable property. I don't know much about it, but I think because the papers are questionable, then it might be illegal.

Jimin: Whoaa...appa is not aware I guess?

JK: Or you weren't just paying attention?

Jimin: Jungkookie-yah..you know about this, too?

JK: No. But I heard appa say something about it when he was talking to eomma.

Jimin: Maybe appa just thought it not a big deal for us, so he chose to just tell eomma.

 

 

Jungkook nodded and shifted in his seat. He stretched his legs and curled them up again. He tapped the grass on his side absentmindedly, like he was listening to silent music and was just feeling the beat. I pretended to fix my hair while I stole a glance at him beside me. He was staring at me. I had no time to compose myself, so I just went ahead and looked at him, too. He chuckled and looked down. I looked away and smiled at myself. I made myself focus on some kids playing nearby.

 

 

He didn't have to say anything to make me blush. All he needed to do was to look at me in the eye and every part of me had to die. I busied myself watching the kids playing, trying to erase the memory of his chuckle. I heard the other boys switched topics. They were now talking about Japan and anime. Jimin had said that they spent one summer vacation in Japan before. Sehun, who was the Japanese food lover, was not here at the moment, but if he was, he'd have started asking him about the kind of food they have tasted and hoped to ask papa to bring him to Japan soon.

 

 

I felt a tap on my shoulders. There was no way I could turn my head and not blush, but I had to, because if I didn't, everyone else would notice and focus on me. So I turned my head to the person who tapped me. He didn't speak, but he handed me something. I opened my palms and he dropped something. It was a silver pendant in the shape of a puppy. I was speechless. Why would he give something like this to me? I looked at him questioningly. Instead of speaking, he placed both hands in front of his face and acted as if he was a puppy, and grinned. Oblivious to what was happening back here, my brothers and Jimin were busy talking about anime and were reciting dialogues and laughing along.

 

 

I could only smile in thanks. I didn't know how to respond, really. But I felt a little special inside. I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't. I was wearing a silver necklace that time and I took it off, put the pendant on it and put the necklace back on. He did a thumbs up and went to looking at his hands on the grass afterwards. I tried to focus on the others and what they were talking about.

 

 

Chen: Jiminnie...can I ask you something?

Jimin: LOL. You sound like J hyung.

Chen: I do?

Jimin: Yes.

Chen: Well. That's my talent? Hahaha.

Jimin: What is it you wanna ask?

Chen: Say, your Jin hyung marries after graduation, what will you do?

Jimin: Probably vomit first.

Chen: Waeyo?

Jimin: It's gonna be weird. Especially thinking of having babies around the house.

Chen: You don't like babies?

Jimin: I like babies, but you know...it's too soon for hyung to get married. Why do you ask anyway?

Chen: Just wanted to know. Just in case we can't break Luhan out from that girl's claws and he had to marry her.

Jimin: Don't say that.

Tao: I don't want Lu ge to marry that girl.

Kai: Me either.

Chen: If he had to marry after graduation, it's okay. But just not to that girl.

Jimin: Ahh...he won't. I'm sure Jin hyung will be able to help you out.

Chen: I hope so.

Tao: Your appa doesn't have a rule about dating below 17?

Jimin: Aniyo. He just said to do good in school.

Tao: So, it's okay for you to date someone now?

Jimin: Ne.

Kai: You like someone, Tao-ya?

Tao: No orz.

Kai: You made it sound like you like someone and wants to know her better.

Chen: Who is it?

Tao: Aniyoooo...

 

 

They were teasing Tao ge now. It's just a matter of time til they see me and start teasing me. I wished the others would come back before they started to notice me and bully me again. Instinctively, I had moved closer to Jungkook. Moved to the one person I knew could save me from the bullies. He was taken by surprise. He chuckled when he saw me edged closer. Tao and Chen had looked our way and probably was thinking of something to tease me with.

 

 

Chen: Xiao Yi. Want something to drink?

 

 

I thought they were going to bully me again. I nodded, then.

 

 

Chen: What do you wanna have?

Me: Anything but strawberry drink.

Chen: Hao.

Jimin: Kookie. Wanna drink too?

JK: Sure.

Jimin: The usual?

JK: Ne.

 

 

Chen and Jimin went to buy drinks. Tao and Kai had brought their skateboards with them. I rode my bike as Chen had. Instead of staying put while waiting for Chen and Jimin, Tao and Kai went to skateboard around the fountain. That left me and Jungkook alone.

 

 

Me: Thank you.

JK: For?

Me: This. *holds pendant*

JK: Just something to remind you of me.

Me: Seems like you're going somewhere.

JK: Me? No, I'm not.

Me: Hmm...

JK: I'm just trying to be...sweet?

 

 

He chuckled. I wanted to punch him. Not because I hated him. But because he was funny that I wanted to punch him.

 

 

Then it started to rain. Kai and Tao got off their skateboards and told us to take shelter. We ran to the nearest shed which was the store where Chen and Jimin were buying drinks. They were about to go out the store when they met us on the door. We had no choice but to wait until it stopped raining. Because there were no chairs or tables in the store, we had to stand inside and wait. The storekeeper allowed us to stay inside and keep dry or we'll get sick.

 

 

As soon as the rain stopped, we walked back to the park grounds to get our bikes. Tao and Kai had their skateboards under their arms. As soon as we got our bikes, it started to rain again. We had to run for shelter again. There was a small coffee shop near the store and we decided to go there until it stopped raining again. We left our bikes outside and started to go in. Jimin was leading the way but instead of going right inside, he stopped and placed a finger on his lips.

 

 

Jimin: Shhhh... wait...

Chen: What?

Jimin: Shhh...let's go on the side first.

 

 

And once we were lined up outside by the windows, he started to talk. It was a good thing that we were not rained on. The roof was low, so even if we were outside, we were dry.

 

 

Chen: Why didn't you go in?

Jimin: Guess who I saw?

Chen/Kai: Who?

Jimin: Hua Chen.

Tao: Okay.

Jimin: She's with Yoongi hyung!

 

 

 

"WHAT?"

 

 

That would be all of us.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Taehyung! Taehyung!"

 

 

Jimin knocked on the door. As soon as the rain stopped again, we hurried over to Taehyung's house on our bikes. Kai had called Lay ge about what we saw. Tao's suspicions were confirmed somehow. This girl was bad news. She was trying to hook firstborns. Wasn't she scared? Taehyung and Namjoon had to be warned. They had to tell their hyung what this girl was on.

 

 

Taehyung opened the door.

 

 

Taehyung: There's a doorbell, guys. Why not use it?

Jimin: Where?

Taehyung: Right there. How many times have you come here and still don't know where it is?

 

 

And he pointed at it by the house number plate. It was inconspicuous, so we didn't find it. Jimin just waved a hand and pushed Taehyung aside so he could come in.

 

 

Taehyung: This is my house.

Jimin: You have to know something.

Taehyung: What something? Oh, hi Xiao Yi. Come in...

 

 

And he bowed as he opened the door wide. I smiled and stepped inside. He smirked as he saw Jungkook following me. I rolled my eyes behind him. Jungkook saw that and chuckled.

 

Taehyung: Okay. Spill.

Jimin: Is Namjoon hyung here?

Taehyung: No.

Jimin: Ahh, but he needs to know as well.

Taehyung: I think I can tell him, ne?

Jimin: Alright then.

 

 

He led us to the living room and asked us to sit. We let Jimin tell him the story. Taehyung just froze and his mouth hanging wide open. Jimin had to close it twice as he relayed the story.

 

 

Taehyung: He was talking about meeting a girl that we saw in Hong Kong. I didn't know her family was controversial.

Jimin: You need to warn your hyung.

Taehyung: Okay. That's a lot of information, don't you think? Where do I start?

Tao: How about you tell your hyung that Hua Chen is a gold-digger?

Kai: OTL Tao. That's too much, I think.

Tao: Then how would you describe her?

Kai: A...hook...er?

Chen: PMSL. Don't make me laugh.

Kai: I wasn't.

Taehyung: You guys are scaring me. OMG.

Chen: You have to know.

Jimin: Jin hyung was her first victim.

Taehyung: What? You mean she was able to get money from Jin hyung?

Jimin: No. But you know what I mean...orz

Taehyung: Huh? Wait. Did she try to hook up with your hyung?

Jimin: Wasn't that what I just told you?

Taehyung: No. You said your hyung was her first victim.

Jimin: ODG Taehyung. Arghhh!

 

 

And Taehyung started laughing. His puppy suddenly came out running towards him. As soon as the puppy reached his feet, it lay there, tongue out.

 

 

Me: Aww...hello Taetae...

 

 

The puppy heard me and slowly got up and walked over to me. I reached a hand to pet it. Taehyung smiled and blurted out, "You wanna go to eomma, baby...?"

 

 

Awkward.

 

 

Jungkook, who was sitting beside me again, cleared his throat nonchalantly. Taehyung realized what he said and grinned.

 

 

Taehyung: I think V likes you.

Me: Oh.

Taehyung: He won't go near Namjoon hyung like that. And he chases Yoongi hyung when he sees him.

 

 

I tried to pick the puppy up, but Jungkook cleared his throat softly beside me. I did a side glance and he sat back drumming his fingers on his knees. I still picked V up and its fur. He behaved really well on my lap. I saw Taehyung smiling like a proud daddy. His little baby had behaved.

 

 

Then Namjoon entered the house. He greeted us and went to the kitchen. Taehyung called out to him that he was supposed to be included in this meeting. He came back with a can of soda in one hand. He sipped it and saw me with V on my lap.

 

 

Namjoon: Oh my god this puppy. Why don't you like me? You live in the same house as me?

Kai: Hyung, maybe you need to live outside first?

Namjoon: Andwae!

Me: Here, try petting him.

Namjoon: Nah-uh. He might bite me.

Me: No. I'll hold him.

Namjoon: Okay.

 

 

And he came nearer. He put his soda on the side table first. The others crossed their fingers. Taehyung stood up and went near me as Namjoon started to reach out a hand to pet V. I was laughing. The puppy just laid his head on my lap as I held it. I didn't wanna be the cause that Namjoon oppa would be bitten, so I held V tightly. He pressed a finger on top of the puppy's head. The puppy didn't budge. Namjoon started laughing. Taehyung went back to his seat. Jungkook tried to pet the puppy, too. The puppy stayed still. Then Namjoon patted the puppy's head with his palm. The puppy's eyes closed and yawned.

 

 

Namjoon: Oh my god. Hahahaha. You are amazing, Xiao Yi.

Me: I told you he won't bite.

Namjoon: Taetae has a new nanny. Ayiiii...

Jimin: Eh? I quit as nanny.

Jungkook: I won't.

Namjoon: Why are you quitting, Jiminnie?

Jimin: Xiao Yi can do it all by herself, ne?

Me: Do what?

Jimin: Bathe him, feed him, make him sleep, clean his poop, and when he pees...

JK: I'll help.

Jimin: Fine. Be the mommy and daddy then.

Taehyung: But he's my son.

Jimin: I stand corrected, master. LOL.

Chen: Let's ask papa if we can get a puppy?

Tao: Or a kitty.

Chen: No. Just puppy.

Kai: I don't mind having a puppy or kitty at home.

Chen: No wonder you and Taehyung get along well, Tao-yah.

Tao: What? Why?

Chen: You both love animals.

Taehyung: And they love us back, ne?

Tao: Ne.

Namjoon: If you ask me, it's because they're both AB aliens.

Tao/Taehyung: What?

Namjoon: Nothing. So, you came here for a reason...

Taehyung: You changed the topic.

Namjoon: Who?

Jimin: Aish. Okay hyung. Let me tell you then.

Namjoon: Alright, I'm listening.

 

 

He had sat on the armrest of the couch that Taehyung was sitting on. Jimin relayed the story again. Tao and Chen helped him out. Just like Taehyung, his mouth hang wide open while he listened. Taehyung had shook his head numerous times. The puppy on my lap had fallen asleep. Jungkook had his hand on the puppy'shead, it.

 

 

After Jimin, Chen and Tao told the story, Namjoon raised both hands and asked for a couple of minutes as he tried to digest the information before he said something. As he thought about it, the doorbell rang.

 

 

Taehyung: Ah, someone found the doorbell.

 

 

And he went to see who it was. When he came back, my brothers, J and Jin were behind him. As there were many of us already, the others sat on the carpeted floor. The Min's househelp came and brought out refreshments for us. She had also brought out some freshly baked homemade chocolate chip cookies.

 

 

Namjoon: So, who found the doorbell?

 

 

Sehun had raised his hand. Namjoon pointed at J and laughed at him. The latter made a face and pointed back at him.

 

 

Namjoon: See, Hoseokkie? Even Sehun found the doorbell.

J: You should put a label on it next time, so I won't miss it.

Namjoon: Lazy .

 

 

Korean boys talking. I shut my ears and focused on the sleeping puppy on my lap. I felt out of place all of a sudden. If not for the puppy and my brothers, I would have thought of excusing myself and going out.

 

 

While they talked about what was going on, I realized it was the first time I had set foot inside the Min's house. It's walls were of an off-white-orangey color. It matched the wood paneling which was a rich mahogany color. It was earth colors here, save for the paintings hanging strategically on the walls. It kind of had a homey feel to it as well. The plants inside the house were not your usual garden plants. It was more like Japanese style. Bonsai trees and there was even a bonsai cherry blossom tree in one corner going to the kitchen. Just a little way off the kitchen was a glass wall. You could see their backyard and pool. The furniture here was either white, brown or caramel colored. Behind the living room area, there was a door going to a small flower garden. On each side of the door were iron-wrought figures of a man and woman. In the middle of the flower garden was a rectangular pond with stone steps over it. It was really nice to look at. I wondered if Taehyung spent his time reading there. There was a bench under one of the palm trees in the garden. Then I recalled the picture that Taehyung sent, the one where Jimin and Jungkook were with him as V's nannies. It was taken in the living room. That's why the furniture was familiar. I wondered how his room would look like. Then I wondered how Jungkook's room looked like.

 

 

As I drifted off to imaginary land, I felt someone touch my hand. I jerked awake. Jungkook had been looking the other way and laughing at what Namjoon was saying. His hand had touched mine instead of the puppy's head. Because I was startled, he quickly turned his head and realized his hand was touching mine and withdrew it. I picked up the sleeping puppy and talked to it as if it was the one that surprised me. So much for pretending not to have noticed. The puppy woke up and stretched. I placed it on the floor and it wiggled its tail at me before it ran towards Taehyung.

 

 

A little while later, Yoongi appeared on the door and entered the house. He look confused as to why there were many people in their home. He saw Jin and Lay and smiled. They were classmates on some subjects. The puppy who was laying by Taehyung's feet got up and started running towards Yoongi. The latter saw the puppy and broke into a run, shooing the puppy away. In my point of view, I just thought the puppy wanted to play with him. But Yoongi just shook off the puppy when it tried to grab his jeans with its teeth.

 

 

Me: Oppa, I think he just wants to play with you.

Namjoon: Xiao Yi is a dog whisperer, hyung.

Yoongi: Jinjja?

Namjoon: I think she has powers or something?

Me: You mean this?

 

 

I showed the pendant that Jungkook gave me earlier.

 

 

Yoongi: Whoaaa...is that really powerful?

Me: No, I don't think so, oppa. I was just kidding.

 

 

Namjoon tried to change the topic.

 

 

Namjoon: Hyung, where were you?

Yoongi: Who, me?

Namjoon: Aren't you my hyung?

Yoongi: Of course, I am. Why do you ask?

Namjoon: You need to know something.

Taehyung: I think you oldies need to discuss it amongst yourselves. I've had enough surprises for today.

Namjoon: Yeah, better. Let's talk about it later.

Yoongi: Okay. But I have swim team practice later this afternoon.

Namjoon: We'll go and support you, hyung.

Lay: Alright, then. I guess we need to get going too. It's almost 10 o'clock. Lu ge and the others should be back home now. We don't want him to suspect anything.

Yoongi: Suspect what?

Lay: Ah, you'll know later. Namjoon'll tell you.

Jin: If you need to understand better, you can call me.

Yoongi: Kamsa, Jin.

Jin: That's not a problem. I thought I was the only one, but now I feel a little better knowing I share the same problem as you.

Yoongi: I don't know what problem you mean, but okay, I'll listen when Namjoon tells me later.

Baekhyun: Thanks hyung.

 

 

After that, we stood up, ready to leave. We thanked the Mins for letting us in their home and we stepped out. Taehyung carried his puppy in his arms and stood by the door as we started to go home. I and my brothers were on our bikes. Kai and Tao had fixed their bikes to hold their skateboards. Taehyung held V's paw and waved it at me. I waved at the puppy. And Taehyung. Jin called his brothers to follow him. He had brought his car. Jungkook had looked at me before he climbed in the car. He hesitated at first, then waved at me and smiled. I waved back, holding the pendant with my other hand.

 

 

Lay: Okay, let's go home. Or Mulan will go ballistic again.

 

 



*Silent scream* Double update! ^_^ Because I just felt like it again. LOL. My feels are not contained, so I had to publish another JungYi/TaeYi chapter. Well, not the whole chapter, but I just had to. Anyway, it may sound redundant to you, but I have "Outro: Propose" on loop for this chapter as well as the previous one. I'm just inlove with the song. OTL. Forgive me, but it just boosts up my energy...especially having an all-nighter again. xD Tell me, are you team JungYi or team TaeYi?  ♥♥♥ 吳愛你們!我愛你們!

Don't you just love this face? xD