Chapter 8

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 8: I'm Free

 

I was terrified. As much as I wanted to die, I don’t want to die like this - not in his hand.

“Appa…” I thought to myself. I wanted my father. I wanted him to protect me, just like how he always protected Alex.

“I shouldn’t have accepted the offer from your father that day. I shouldn’t have accept his money and bring you back home. You bring bad luck to me, jinx! Your father doesn’t even want you. Your mother doesn’t even care about you. You’re a murderer like me, Dara! You’re the cause of your brother’s death!” I stood there. I was swallowing every of his words, not a single word slipped my ears. I listened to every word he say, I couldn’t control it. I wanted to shut myself but I just couldn’t.

“Please, stop!” I screamed. I raked my hair with both my hands, shaking my head vigorously. I don’t want to hear anymore.

“Heh! Don’t act like you’re all innocent and all! You could just disappear and no one would notice.” He said. He laughed, making sure I heard every of his words and laughter.

“No! It’s not true! It’s not true! Shut up! Shut up!” I screamed, running out of my room.

I didn’t succeed. He grabbed hold of me and slammed me against the wall. Before I turned to look at him, he slashed me with his knife at my right arm. The blade was sharp. The wound was starting to bleed. I held onto my wound hard, trying to bear with the pain. I made my way to my bag and run out of the room before he could do anything to me.

As I was in the living room, he grabbed hold of me. I dropped my bag and received another slash at my left forearm.

He was sick in his mind. He’s crazy. He’s nuts!

I was screaming for help, screaming in pain.

Suddenly, GD came into my mind.

I couldn’t stop my tears from running down my cheeks. I tried to stand up again before he slashes my right calf, causing my fell to the ground.

That didn’t stop me. I don’t want to die here.

As he grabbed my ankle, I kicked his shoulder with my free leg, causing him to growl in pain. He hold onto his shoulder as I went to pick up a broken glass and slash his face. He was screaming in pain. An eye for an eye. An injury for an injury. I hated him. I hated what he do to me for this past few years. I hated his words. I saw his left cheeks bleeding profusely, but that didn’t stop me for running. I won’t get soft on him.

I picked up my bag and ran out of that bloody apartment.

My hand was dripping with my own blood. My palm was cut due to holding the broken glass. I was limping. I’d nowhere to go.

I never stopped walking even though I felt weaker and weaker. I was barefooted. The ground was cold. I was cold. I was holding onto my arm, trying to prevent the blood from flowing, but it never stops.

I was getting dizzy. I wanted to go to halmeoni.

 

“What the ?” I heard a familiar voice.

I looked up, only to see him. G-Dragon. I suddenly tears. I’ve no idea why, but I feel, safe.

I almost fell to the ground after colliding with him, but he managed to grab hold onto my arm. I didn’t want him to see this vulnerable side of me. I let go of his arm and walked as fast as I can.

It wasn't until, all I see was blackness.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

“Hyung, I’m going home first.”

I was frustrated. My mind was filled with thoughts of her. I’ve never think about anyone like this ever since Stephanie betrayed me. Dara. She was like a puzzle to me. I wanted to know everything about her, but I couldn’t understand why. No, I’m not in love with her.

“Okay. Please tell Bom I’ll be back home soon.” I was snapped back to reality after hearing TOP’s reply.

I walked out of my club and not soon after, I collided with someone.

“What the ?” I said, getting more and more frustrated.

I looked down.

“Dara” I thought to myself, frowning.

She was unbalanced. I held onto her arm before she fell to the ground.

She was bleeding – cuts and bruises everywhere.

She wasn’t wearing any shoes, and only a tank top and short with a big bag beside her, making her look even smaller.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me anymore. My heart was aching at the sight of her. She looked like she was in a hell lot of pain.

The next thing I know, she let go of my hand and walked away, like she was trying to avoid me.

I turned around only to see her lying on the ground.

My legs unknowingly ran to her.

I carried her up bridal style and head to my Lamborghini. I don’t care if my car was getting dirty, I needed to save her.

I hated to feel so weak. I never feel fear, I never get scared, but this time, I’ve absolutely no idea why am I acting like this.

“, GD. What’ve you gotten yourself into?!” I hit my head against the head rest a multiple times.

 

“Bom! Bom! Noona!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, basically running to her and TOP’s apartment.

Me, Minzy, CL and Seung Ri, Dae Sung, Tae Yang, Bom and TOP have our own apartment in this mansion. We stayed as a family and we worked as one. Bom is good in first aid and I couldn’t think of anything else besides bringing Dara to her, and the hospital is definitely not a choice.

 

“What is it?” I saw Bom opened her door and peeking her head out, rubbing her eyes.

She widened at the sight of Dara.

“Oh my goodness! Bring her in now!” she shouted.

I carried her in and placed her slowly on her couch.

 

As Bom was working her magic, I was raking my hair in frustration.

 

“GD-ah, you need to bring her to rest in your room now. As much as I would like to observe her injuries, she can’t stay here. We don’t have an extra room here.” She said, giving me an apologetic look.

“Okay. Thank you, noona.” I said, carrying Dara in bridal style, “Oh, hyung said he’ll be back home soon.” She gave me a smile. I walked towards the door before Bom said something again.

“GD.” she said in a soft voice, “Take care of her.”

I looked down to the floor, nodded and walked out of her apartment.

 

I walked into my room and placed her on my bed. She looked so fragile.

I went back to my car, took her bag and went back to my apartment.

I sat on my couch, staring into spaces. I couldn’t figure her out and now, I couldn’t figure myself out.

“Why am I doing this? Who are you?” I thought to myself. I closed my eyes, leaning against the couch.

I opened my eyes again, making sure I’ve stopped any sign of emotions invading me again, I stood up and walked out of my apartment.

“I won’t let any emotions get in my way.” I thought to myself.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

I woke up to find myself in a grand-looking room.

I looked around before I sat myself upright.

“Ahhh…” I let out a small growl while holding my arm where the deepest cut was.

It was bandaged. All my wounds were greatly taken care of. I saw my bag right beside the bed. I got off my bed despite the pain on my leg. I took out a sweater and wear it right away.

“Where am I?” I thought to myself after making sure I’m properly dressed.

Before I hit any assumption, I remember sawing him.

“It can’t be him.” I thought to myself.

I walked to the stranger’s desk, and tear a post-it and took a pen.

 

Thank you for saving me.

I’m sorry for causing any trouble for you.

 

I placed the post-it in the middle of the desk before I walked out of his apartment.

I was limping in the middle of the street.

 

“Halmeoni?” I said softly, knocking on her wooden door.

I didn’t stop knocking. Slowly, the door creaked opened.

“Oh, Joon-Kang.” I saw halmeoni’s son standing in front of me.

“Dara?” he said.

“I’m sorry to bother you at such timing, but…” I looked down, “I needed to stay for the night. Is that okay?” I said, looking up at him.

“Sure, come in.” he said, giving me a small smile.

I sat on the couch, sipping on the cup of hot tea that Joon-Kang had made for me.

“Is everything okay?” I heard halmeoni’s voice. I looked up to see Joon-Kang, helping halmeoni as she walked towards me.

I held my tears.

She sat beside me, and held my hands, caressing it.

“You can tell me when you’re ready.” she said.

I saw Joon-Kang walked into his room, leaving me and halmeoni.

“I… I’ve nowhere to go.”

Halmeoni knew what I’m going through but she stayed quiet. She didn’t want me to think about the negative all the time.

“You can stay here as long as you want, sweetheart. But in the mean time, I’m sorry you’ve to sleep on the couch before I make an available space in my room tomorrow.” She said.

“No, there’s no need to, halmeoni. Thank you. I’ll be leaving tomorrow, don’t worry about me.” I said, giving her a faint smile.

“Okay, but tell me if you needed a place to stay. I’m always here, love.” She said.

I smiled, before making myself comfortable.

“Oh, and Dara? Be happy. That’s the least you can do for yourself. That’s the only way to be happy. You deserve to be happy.” She said, because giving her most signature smile.

“Happy?” I thought to myself. “Yes, that’s the least you can do for yourself, Dara.”