Chapter 18

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 18: A Promise Is A Promise Part II

 

I made my run towards the door without turning back. I need to get him out of here before he found out Minzy is here.

As he counted to ten, I reached the door. I turned the door knob.

I keep on turning and turning.

I was being played.

I let my hands off the knob and stood there, staring at the ground.

“You didn’t played fair.” I said in a soft tone, but he heard me still.

“I didn’t say we were to play fair.” He started laughing, in a evil way.

I turned to him, give him a death stare. My hand was still clutching the knife.

“What’s the next? You are going to me or you going to kill me?” I smirked at him.

“Neither.” He said as he walked towards me. “I’m going to torture you.” He smirked.

 

As he was standing right in front of me, leaving an inch gap, he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear, staring into my eyes.

“You’re beautiful, but still, your beauty won’t last till the end of the day.” He started laughing.

I was trembling, and I then recalled I still had a knife in my hand.

I stabbed him on his left hip, making him winced in pain. He backed away a few steps, tightening his hold on his wound. His eyes turned dark. It was filled with pure anger. I backed away from him, hitting myself against the door.

“It’s okay. I’ll let you revenge in advance.” He straightened himself, neglecting the wound I’ve created for him.

He swirl the knife in his hand and walked towards me once again.

 

No One’s Point Of View

“! It’s a trap!” TOP shouted.

Everyone was already preparing, with their weapon in their hands.

“No, it’s a distraction.” Ji-Yong said as he stared at the ground.

“Minzy!” CL shouted.

“!” Dae Sung shouted as he kicked the car wheel.

 

CL, Seung Ri, Bom were in TOP’s car and Tae-Yang and Dae Sung were in Ji-Yong’s car.

 

*RING*

 

Ji-Yong picked up his phone, only to see Dara calling him.

“Dara! Where are you!?”

“Dara? Dara, answer me!”

“I see you’re fast. Now that it’s only you here, maybe we could do something fun? Let’s play a game, shall we?” – “The door is right there, at the corner. You’ve ten seconds to escape.” - *the sound of bad reception*.

“Dara? Dara, what’s going on?!” Ji-Yong began to panic as he screams at the top of his lungs on his phone.

“Dae-Sung I want you to track the whereabouts of the call that I’m holding now. Now!” Ji-Yong shouted to him.

“Hyung! It’s from the place where Minzy’s accident happened the last time!” Dae Sung shouted,

Ji-Yong dialed TOP and told him to head to the location. Ji-Yong returned to the calls that Minzy made, didn’t hanged up at all. He didn’t even know if anyone is listening to him.

“Dara, if you’re listening to me, tapped on the phone three times.” Ji-Yong said calmly as he waited for her answer.

Minzy on the other hand, tapped on the phone three times, quietly, not wanting Kim Yang to hear.

Ji-Yong gives a small smile. “Listen to me; I’m on my way here. Stay calm.”

Everyone was already near the destination and the call was suddenly hanged up.

 

Everyone arrived outside the warehouse, all prepared with their weapons. They broke into the warehouse, searching everywhere of Dara’s where abouts.

It was until they heard a scream.

“Dara…” Ji-Yong said, slightly stunned at the sound of hers.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

 

I keep looking over to the hideout where Minzy is, hoping that she won’t be able to see everything.

He was walking towards me, able to reach me in an instant. I walked to the side and make my run away him. Before I was able to escape from him for even just a few seconds, he grabbed hold onto my arms and wrapped his arm around me from behind, making the small knife at my neck.

“And you smell nice too, but too bad, the smell of death will be the only smell you going to have after this.” He whispered to my ear as I can feel his breath at my neck. He placed a kiss on my head. It was disgusting, I felt disgusted.

Slowly, he cut my neck with his knife and then to my arms. Even though I’m used to cuts, but it still hurts like a .

I screamed in extreme pain, trying to get hold of myself, not wanting to scare Minzy at the same time.

“You bastard!” I shouted, only to make me cover my mouth with his free hand. He is strong, but not that strong either.

I stomped on his feet hard, making him released me. A collar of wet blood glistened at my neck. It sting but I didn’t stopping running.

I was yanked back by him, thrown to the floor. I was in pain. My neck and arms were cut, my wrists were bruise and my head was hurting due to being knocked against the table earlier by his man, and even though it stopped bleeding, I could still feel a heavy weight in my head.

He grabbed my hair; I don’t have a choice as I stand up. We were back in first position as he places the knife at the wound of my neck, causing me to wince in pain.

 

*BANG*

 

The door banged opened. I felt safe at the moment even though I was in the arm of the sick bastard. I saw Ji-Yong, looking straight into my eyes. I could see hope. I could see life.

“Ji-Yong…” I mumbled to myself.

“Oh, sweet sweet love. The hero comes to save the princess!” Kim Yang shouted across the room, laughing in evil.

“Let her go.” Ji-Yong’s voice was dark and I can sense anger in it.

“What makes you think I’ll let her go?”

“Because 7 to 1, what makes you think the chances of you being alive is high?” Ji-Yong smirked.

Obviously if he’s smart, he would let me go. Moreover, he only have his knife to my neck as they’re all prepared with weapons with them.

I could sense his hesitation.

“We’ll continue this soon enough, love.” He sniffed my hair as he cut deeper into my neck, causing me to scream in pain.

I could hear Ji-Yong cursed and I saw him running towards me.

I didn’t felt someone behind me as the lights were suddenly off.

I fell to the ground, holding onto the cuts on my neck.

As I’ve been under the lights for a while, I couldn’t adjust to the darkness. Not long, the lights were back on. I saw CL standing beside the door, with her hands around the lights power.

Ji-Yong continued made his way towards me. He wrapped his arms around me, making me sat up right. I was leaning onto his chest, I felt safe.

“I’m sorry…” I could hear him even though he whispered to himself.

“It’s okay, Ji-Yong. It’s okay.” I said, giving him an assuring tone.

The pain was messing with my head, but all along, I never forget one thing, one person.

Minzy.

“Minzy….” I slowly crawled up, stood up and even though I wasn’t balancing well enough, I made my way to the wooden box where I told Minzy to hide.

I saw Minzy. She was closing her eyes, covering her ears. She was clutching the phone on her right hand, next to her ear.  She was trembling in fear.

I kneel down to her and wrapped her in my arms, her back gently.

“It’s over. I’m here.” I said.

I heard Bom shouting for Minzy. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Ji-Yong, looking down at me. I stood up, releasing Minzy and walked to him. Bom and CL were already at her sides, calming her.

 

Everyone was at the main hall and I was in my room. Despite all those injuries, I concluded Minzy was more important than me. She is young and she definitely doesn’t need to experience these at all. After we reached the door of the mansion, I didn’t turned back nor say a word. I walked up to Ji-Yong’s apartment and headed to my room.

I headed to the bathroom immediately and started washing myself. As the cold water hit me, I felt pain all over me as the water runs through every inch of my wounds. After the shower, I wore my both my undergarments and a sweater and sweatpants. My neck was still bleeding as the cuts were deeper than the cut on my arm but I didn’t care. I thought it will stopped bleeding soon enough. I headed out the bathroom, only to see Ji-Yong sitting at the edge of my bed, with both his palm covering his face as he rest his elbows on his thighs.

“Ji-Yong…” I whispered.

He snapped his head up to me, looking directly into my eyes.

I couldn’t figure him out this time. I don’t know what that look is.

“Come here.” He said as he pat the space beside him.

 I walked towards him and sat beside him, never leaving his eyes.

Slowly, he reached out to the first aid box on the other side.

“You don’t have too, it’ll stopped bleeding the next day.”

I examined his expression. He was frowning.

“Take off the sweater.”

I was shocked. My body turned stiff. I didn’t know how to react.

“Bom could help.” I said immediately.

“Take off.” I knew he won’t take no for an answer no matter how many times I reject him, but being half , or maybe half-not-- was definitely not the thing I expected after returning home.

I didn’t move. My body and my eyes didn’t move.

“If you don’t, I’ll help you with it.”

My hands immediately went to the end of my sweater and I slowly raise it up, still hesitating but I manage to take it off in the end. I looked down. I didn’t want him to see me blushing.

Slowly, I felt a cold sting pain at the wound of my arms where that bastard cut me. I winced in pain, slightly removing my arm away from the cotton bud.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. His voice was music to my ears and I can’t get enough of him. I couldn’t stop looking at him.

I examined his features. He was concentrating on my wounds. He looked serious and… hurt.

I don’t understand his expression at all.

As he finished bandaging my arms, he moved to my neck which is still bleeding. I saw him frowned. All my pain was gone just by looking at him. He wiped away those blood gently, and continuing with applying the ointment. He then placed the plaster at my neck. Then, he moves to my head.

He did his magic as I continue looking at him.

I am crazy. I was so in love with him.

 

“Done.” He said as he reached to my sweater and help me put it on.

I just sat there, following his every move, letting him do whatever he wants. I wanted this moment to last.

He stood up with the first aid box and walked towards the door. He turned the knob and turned back to me.

“I’m sorry I didn’t make it to my promise.”

I looked up to him, giving him a questioning look.

“What promise?”

“Nothing.” He looked down to the floor before looking up back to me. “And thank you... about Minzy.”

I gave him a small smile.

“I gave you my word to make sure she won’t get hurt.”

I walked towards Ji-Yong, and cupped his cheeks.

I didn’t know what I was doing. My head was in a mess. I slowly tip-toed and before I know, my lips were on his.

“A promise is a promise.” I said, as I backed away from him. “And forget everything that happened just now.”

I pushed him out of my room and locked the door immediately. I hit my head against the door a few times, blaming myself for that stupid action.

Unknowingly, a smile crept up my face as I held onto my lips.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

It’s the second time I felt fear, and it’s because of Dara.

I saw her quickly make her way to her room and I couldn’t stop her. I was too late.

I hated myself for feeling that way but I just couldn’t help it. I hate myself because I couldn’t protect her like how I promise myself. She’s still getting hurt.

I walked towards her room and found that it was unlocked.

Her bathroom door was closed so I went down to the living to grab the first aid box and head back to her room. As I entered her room, I heard the water running.

I sat at the edge of her bed, waiting for her to come out.

And when she does, my heart broke.

She was wearing her sweater, covering every inch of her skin. I could see the pain in her, the blood still running down at her neck.

I curled my fists.

“I’ll kill you, Kim-Yang. I swear I’ll.” I thought to myself.

I patted the seat beside her, wanting to fix her injuries.

And as I told her to remove her sweater so I can fix the cuts on her arm, I saw the hesitation in her. I cursed myself for saying that but I’d no choice.

I wanted to be there for her at least that was what I could do.

Slowly, she took off her sweater. Even though I was kind of aroused by the sight of her, I still felt my heart breaking.

There were bruises all over her body, and those new wounds and cuts, I felt anger and hurt.

I didn’t say a word at all. I took the ointment and cotton bud and starts treating her wounds. The sound of her wincing in pain, literally kills me.

After all the treatment, I helped her wear her sweater, to prevent her from moving around.

I stood up, walked towards the door. I didn’t want to leave just yet, but seeing her hurts me.

I, G-Dragon, hated to feel that way. It makes me vulnerable and I don’t want her to see it.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t make it to my promise.”

I turned around to look at her. That was all I could say and that was all that could come out from my mouth.

“What promise?” I realized she was asleep when I make that promise to her, when I promise to protect her.

“Nothing.” - “And thank you... about Minzy.”

A smile was hanged upon a face. I’ve no idea why but it kinds of give me a feeling of… home and warmth.

“I gave you my word to make sure she won’t get hurt.”

Before I could reply her, I saw her walked towards me and in just a second, I felt her soft lips on mine.

“A promise is a promise.” she said, as she backed away from me. “And forget everything that happened just now.”

How could I forget it?

I was stunned by her actions. I wanted more, but I couldn’t react to anything at that moment. I wanted to pull her into my arms and taste her lips once again. I was so confused.

I was snapped back to reality as she pushed me out of her room and locked the door immediately.

I stood in front of the door, staring at it.

Unknowingly, a smile crept on my face.

That was when I know…

 

 

I’m in love with her.