Chapter 22

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 22: Stephanie

 

It’s another brand new day. I didn’t see Ji-Yong today. I didn’t see Stephanie as well.

“CL, do you have another idea where is Ji-Yong?” I asked CL who is talking to Seung Ri in the classroom at that time.

“I’m sorry but I’ve no idea.” She gave me an apologetic look before I leave the class room.

It was already evening. I’ve nowhere to go after school as I no longer worked for halmeoni. Other than going home, I’ve nothing to do.

I roamed around the street, spending the rest of my evening walking like a zombie.

I was still in my uniform. I walked in a shopping mall, have my lunch and now, I totally don’t know what I am going to do.

I stopped on my track as I passed by a shop. As something caught my eyes, I walked in. It was a music box, the same music box that I’d backed then. Alex and I will always fell asleep to the sound of the beautiful music that comes out from the box. It doesn’t have a ballerina twirling in circle but instead, it was a small gramophone that is producing beautiful rhythm.

I took it in my hands before placing it down, leaving the shop. I didn’t buy it not because I was short of cash, but because it reminds me of my father.

As I walked out of the shop with a heavy mind, I bumped into someone.

 

“Ji-Yong?” I looked up to my surprise; I turned to his left and saw Stephanie. She was hooking her arms with his. She looked stunning. She was wearing a red dress that stopped at her mid-thigh and the red lipstick she is wearing match her skin tone very well. Her hair was perfectly done and not to mention the shoes that she’s wearing, it makes her look so elegant. No wonder Ji-Yong fell in love with her.

“Dara…” It felt so long since I heard his voice.

We just stood there silently for a few minutes. Not only I saw how she hooked her arms with his, there were a hell lot of shopping bags the two man behind them were holding.

“You didn’t come to school today.” I broke the silent.

“Stephanie needs some clothes.” His eyes were cold and his tone was back to the day when I first met them. I couldn’t recognize him anymore, to be honest.

“Oh. Well, I’ll be going first. See you at home.” I walked passed him, hoping that he’ll call for my name for the last time, but to my disappointment, he didn’t.

I didn’t turn around; I don’t want to see that scene anymore.

As I reached home, I went to take a shower and changed before heading out again to search for work. As I walked to my bedroom door, I heard someone knocked.

“Ji-Yong?” I frowned slightly, “You’re back?”

“Look, I know this is hard for you. I’m willingly to tell you everything if you would like to hear.” I was quite happy after hearing this. But I didn’t want to hear right now, not with this mood. Last time I checked, they were kissing.

“Well, maybe you could do it later. I’m not quite in the mood to talk right now. I’m sorry.” I said, as I walked myself out and he stepped back. I closed my bedroom door before walking down the stairs.

“Where are you going?” he said as he held onto my wrist, stopping me.

“Find a job.” I said, struggling to let him release my wrist.

“I thought you already had a work?”

I stopped struggling, knowing it’s pointless. “Halmeoni went back to her home town. If you’ll excuse me, I need to go now.” I didn’t look at him; I didn’t want to see the cold look on his face now.

His hand on my wrist slowly slides down to my hand. He interlocked with my fingers before pulling me to him. He embraced me in his arms.

“I’ll look after you now. You don’t have to work, I’ll provide for you, Dara. Please, I need you to listen to me now.”

I didn’t say a word. I can’t think of anything. I wanted this moment to last.

“Where is Stephanie?” I asked.

“At the salon. I came back for you, Dara.”

I pushed myself off him gently. “You better give me a good explanation.” I said.

He chuckled and I’ll melt every time he did that. He brought me to his room, his fingers still interlocked with mine. As we sat on the couch in his room, I felt my heart beating. Not because I was afraid he will do something wrong but the words that is going to come out from his mouth.

“Dara, you don’t have to say a word, I’m going to tell you everything now. So, please listen to me.” He said as he looked into my eyes. His eyes turned soft.

I nodded. Not wanting to interrupt any of his words.

Our hands that are still locked were on my laps, I looked at it while waiting for his words.

He was looking down at the ground as well.

The room was so silent.

“Stephanie is my first love.” I continue listening, starting to hurt at his first sentence. “But she betrayed me. Before she left that night, she told me she was together with me  in order to gain information for that bastard, Kim-Yang. I was angry and disappointed. But not until last night, she came back to me, telling me he was torturing her and she left me because he made an offer with her because of her mother. I didn’t know if I were to trust her or not, but it wasn’t until she kissed me last night…” I slightly squeezed his hand, totally forgetting he was holding onto me. I relaxed after he hold onto my chin, making him look at me. I frowned, I wanted to cry but I held back my tears.

“It wasn’t until she kissed me last night, that I realized I’m no longer in love with her.” I frowned more obviously this time. He then caressed my cheeks. “And that I realized I’m in love with you.”

He released his hand that was holding onto mine and placed it on my cheeks.

I looked at him, wanting to hear more this time.

“What I’ve for her is sympathy, Dara. And I don’t know why she’s back, but I’ll make sure I’ll get to the bottom of it. Just then, you’ve to cooperate with me. Whatever I’m going to do next, please know that I didn’t do it out of love. She made me hated love, but you, Dara, you made me learn to love again. I’m sorry. I really didn’t expect this at all.”

I didn’t say a word, and I’ve no idea what I want to say.

I didn’t hesitate.

I placed my lips onto his before pulling myself back.

He frowned.

He caressed my cheeks before kissing me back.

He deepened his kiss and my hands slowly moved to his nape, pulling him closer to me.

We were in that position for nearly a minute. I pulled back, taking this time to breathe.

“Dara.” He said as he leaned his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes.

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

KYAHHHHHHH! THIS IS THE CHAPTER, GUYS!

I'M TOTALLY FANGIRLING RIGHT NOW! KEKEKEKE, I'M CRAZY RIGHT NOW.

I won't be free to upload tonight therefore, I've take time to post this! I hope all of you like it!

But sad to say, more depressed things are coming though, HOWEVER, more Daragon moments are coming up!

I'm totally crazy over my own thoughts now, kekekekeke!

Another chapter will be uploaded maybe later midnight or tomorrow morning/night, not sure, I'll try my best to update and write as fast as I can, and the mean time, here's a crazy chapter for you!

P.S: Just imagine it's a strong kiss or something because I totally have no idea how to write out in extreme details. Kekekeke.

Annyeong, yeoreobun!

 

Dream