Chapter 15

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 15: Saved By Him Again

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

I don’t know why but I suddenly have the feeling that something bad was going to happen. I couldn’t stop frowning to myself. I could hear her voice. I could hear her calling for me. I raked my hair in frustration before leaving my house and head to the club.

It was until I nearly reached the entrance of my club that I heard someone screaming.

“Dara…” I thought to myself. I couldn’t forget her voice. I felt fear invading me. I looked around the street, only to locate the whereabouts of the voice coming from the alley.

I couldn’t get myself together. I was angry. I was insanely mad.

I saw the figure of a guy holding something sharp that is shining in the dark and I could see Dara standing under the flickering lights. She was afraid. She was struggling to escape as the guy slowly cut her skin open. She was screaming.

She was screaming my name.

 

Dara’s Point Of View

He was slowly cutting my skin as I felt a stingy pain on my arm.

I didn’t stop screaming. I didn’t stop screaming for Ji-Yong. I don’t know why he came to my mind first, maybe because my father was the one who wanted me dead.

I stopped feeling the touch of the blade on my skin as I felt that man being pulled away from me. I couldn’t see clearly who it is. I fell to the ground, bent my knees to my chest and hugged myself, giving myself the feeling of being safe. I was shivering in fear and it got worst. My eyes were blurred due to crying and my head was spinning. I couldn’t breathe either, I was so scared.

I hid my head in my arms as I hugged myself, refusing to hear any words, refusing to see anyone.

 

*BANG*

 

“AHHHH!” I shouted, covering my ears with both of my palms, trembling in extreme fear.

There was a moment of silence; I could hear the footsteps of the stranger walking towards me. I kept going backwards even though I’m hitting against the wall since the beginning.

I felt his hand touching my shoulder.

I was scared, I was so scared.

“Please… Please don’t hurt me. Please…” I sobbed, begging him not to touch me. I didn’t want anyone to touch me. I could still feel the sting pain of the cuts but that doesn’t bother me. I was afraid this man would do something like what that beast did to me.

I was shaking in fear. Until then, I felt a strong embrace.

“Shhh… Shhhh…” his voice was soft and comforting, “I’m here. I’m here.” He caressed myself head gently.

I looked up, even though my eyes were blurry, I still could see the face of the man.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

I ran towards the man that was hurting Dara and yanked him away from her.

I took out my gun and pointed it to his head. He moved himself to the left and attacked me with his knife. He was definitely not skilled at all. I dodged every of his attack and grab hold of his wrist before breaking his bone. He dropped his knife. I kicked his leg as he fell to the ground.

“No one touches my woman.” I said before pointing the gun to his head. I was mad at him for what he did to Dara. I didn’t even give him time to say his last words.

 

*BANG*

 

He fell dead to the ground, still with his eyes opened, staring the sky.

I walked over to Dara slowly. I can see how she trembles in fear in the dark. As much as I don’t want to admit it, it hurts me. I touch her shoulder, doesn’t want to scares her.

“Please… Please don’t hurt me. Please…” The sound of her begging me not to hurt her was… I was… I was speechless.  My heart was breaking. I couldn’t stand seeing her this way. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around her, caressing her head, wanting to calm her down.

“Shhh… Shhhh…. I’m here. I’m here.”

 

Dara’s Point Of View

I opened my eyes, only to found out that I was already in my room. The lights were all on, I was under my white blankets, and I was dressed in my sweater and sweatpants. My cuts were bandaged professionally too.

I sat up slowly, only to recall whatever happened just now. I was in dazed.

Whatever that man say about my father, I refused to believe. As much as he hated me, I wouldn’t want to believe he wanted to kill me. I raked my hair in frustration, screaming as loud as I can in my head. My tears couldn’t stop falling.

I heard the door creaked opened.
 

“ Can I come in?” I heard Bom said.

I wiped my tears off before giving her a faint smile.

“Neh.”

She walked towards me and sat at the edge of my bed. Suddenly, her hand was stretched out to mine as she held my hand and caressed it. She seems like a mother to me, a sister that I wanted to have.

“I bet asking question is not the right time now, but if you need someone to talk to, I’ll always be there.”

Her words were the same as CL. I didn’t know how to answer her so I just sat there, looking at her.

“Can I call you unnie?” I said.

She nodded, smiling back at me. She stood up and walked towards the door before turning back and looked at me.

“Ji-Yong will always be there to protect you. You can trust him.” She said before leaving the room.

I lied down on my bed after she left, I turned to my side, staring into spaces.

“Ji-Yong will always be there to protect you. You can trust him.”

How can I do that when the person I love wanted me dead? Father was the only person that I trusted, apart from Alex. I didn’t even trust my mother. She was afraid of father and to be honest, I don’t think we even speak more than 10 sentences ever since I was born - ridiculous, but true. She never speaks to me and every time I make a conversation with her, she’ll avoid and walked away.

 

No-one’s Point Of View

“She’s fine. I’m leaving now. Please take good care of her, Ji-Yong.” Bom said.

“Thanks, noona.” Ji-Yong, giving a quick smile before walking up the stairs to Dara’s room.

He opened the door of Dara’s room quietly, didn’t want to make noise. He looked inside the room only to find Dara sleeping soundly, curling herself, looking like a vulnerable child.

Ji-Yong walked over to her, tugging the blanket to cover her fully. He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and caressed her face. He doesn’t know why he is acting like this but the sight of Dara looking so peaceful makes  him want to protect her even more.

"This is the third time I'm saving you, Dara. But I'm not counting anymore." He mumbled to himself, caressing her head, "Don't worry, I'll protect you from now."