Chapter 16

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 16: A Day With Him

 

Dara’s Point Of View

Every time I opened my eyes, I always have that fear hitting me, every morning, every day. But, it’s different now. It’s not the same anymore. I opened my eyes this morning; I stared at the ceiling of my room. I felt safe, I felt free.

I could still hear Ji-Yong’s voice in my head. I could still feel his skin touching mine.

It was a Saturday. There’s no school and halmeoni is closed for the weekend. I went to rinse myself before heading down to living room for breakfast.

“Morning.” I said to Ji-Yong, who was sitting on the chair, taking his sip of coffee.

“Oh, you’re awake. How are you feeling?” his expression were still the same, but shown slightly a hint of concern.

“Never better.” I looked at him before settled myself, “Emmm… Thank you… for saving me yesterday.” I looked down at the pancakes in front of me before starting to feast on it which the servant just served me seconds ago.

“Who’s he?” I could hear him say even though I can feel that he’s hesitating to ask.

Still with my gaze on my pancakes, my hands were shaking a little. I stopped whatever I was doing as my mind was going crazy on me.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to say, I won’t force you.” I could hear disappointment in his voice. I wanted to tell him, I wanted to let things out of the bag, but my mouth just doesn’t want to open.

I slowly looked up at him. I was watching every of his move. He was just staring at his pancakes, and at the same time, poking his pancakes with his fork, with the serious expression on his face.

“I don’t know him. I don’t know his name.” I decided to blurt out the truth about the beast, I know I can tell him about it and I’m dying to tell him about me. Since killing is nothing to him, I could tell him about the man’s dirty deeds. I wanted to tell him, because I trust him.

“My dad gave me to him for some reason. I never knew who he was or what he does; I went with him because I’d no choice. I witnessed everything he does, and I experienced everything he did. He was... well, I can just say, he’s sick in his head.” I took a small bite of the pancake before continuing.

“He’s the reason I wanted to kill myself.” A tear fell from my face unknowingly. I wasn’t expecting myself to cry in front of him. I quickly wiped my tears off and turned to look at him, giving him a smile.

“Well, I’m going to buy some clothes and necessities for myself later, and maybe walk around the town for a while, so I might be home late.” I started eating my pancakes.

The whole breakfast session was quiet. He didn’t talk at all, so did I.

After I finished my pancakes, I stood up and went to the sink to wash my dirty plates.

“Leave it to the servant. Go get changed.”

I heard Ji-Yong’s voice beside me. I turned to look at him after I placed the dirty plates in the sink.

“I’m sorry?” I give him a questioning look.

“I’m going with you.”

I looked at him with no expression hanged on my face. I stared at him for a few seconds before giving him a smile.

“It’s okay… You don’t ha…”

“Now.” He said before heading to his room.

I went to take a shower. I put on a burgundy tank top, a black ripped jeans and a grey cardigan before heading out my room.

I walked down the stairs as I saw him resting on the couch with his eyes closed. He was not in his leather. He was in a white t-shirt and black jeans. How can a man look so hot and sophisticated in just such simple wearing? I hold tight on my bag as I walked down the stairs.

“We can go now.” I said quietly. He opened his eyes and stared at me for like forever. I gulped as I felt a serious tension all over me. I turned and walked fast towards the door to put on my converse.

 

We were strolling the street in a awkward situation. Well, at least it was to me. I took a glance at him; he was looking around, looking so ever comfortable. I turned my head back to the front.

“Omo! Can we…” I turned to him as I pointed to an ice cream shop. His eyes were dark. I felt this sudden fear in me as I slowly put down my hand and keep walking. It was until I felt him holding on to my hand. Before I know, we were in the ice cream shop.

I looked at him before a smile crept up my face.

“Hi! What would you like to have?” I looked at the server who couldn’t keep her eyes off Ji-Yong and I looked back at him.

“I would like to have the chocolate flavor, please.” I said, smiling to the girl who began scooping my ice cream.

“Have you decided what you want?” I said to Ji-Yong, as his eyes still looking around at all the flavors, as if it was very foreign to him.

I smiled to myself. “Try the cookies n cream, it’s nice too.” I said. He snapped his head to me. It was an expression I’ve never seen before. I gave him a smile.

“Sir, how about you?” The girl asked. I could clearly see her having a hard time asking him as it’s quite obvious she is blushing.

“Cookies and cream.”

I chuckled as I took a mouthful of my chocolate ice cream.

We sat at the corner of the ice cream shop as I couldn’t stop tasting the delicious ice cream. I took a glance at him, still seeing him sitting there like a statue, looking at his ice cream.

“You do know ice cream melt, right?” I said to him.

He looked up at me with a soft look. I don’t know why I always melt every time he gave me that look but I like it. In fact, I love it.

“Ah wae?! Haven’t you have an ice cream before? Why do you act like it’s poisonous?!” I couldn’t help feeling annoyed as the ice cream slowly melted; therefore, I slightly raise my voice at him.

He didn’t say a word and kept his gaze on me.

“Oh my… You can’t be serious.” Assuming from his look that he didn’t had any ice cream before, I took his hand and place it on the spoon.

“Then, have your first ice cream with me.” I said, giving him a shy smile.

He slowly took a spoonful of it and looked up at me I continued having my ice cream.

“I did. It was only once.”

“Hmmm?” My mouth was full with ice cream as I gave him a questioning look.

“It was with my parents and Minzy. I was eight. I chose this flavor too. After my parents died, I never had one.” I stopped eating, giving him all my attention.

“So you’re not the first.” He chuckled.

Seriously? Does he have to do that? Always making fun of me?

“Nappeun” I thought to myself before continue eating.

After we had our ice cream, we continue walking down the street.

“Let’s go to the supermarket.” I said.

 

He was pushing the trolley as I was amazed by all the promotions going on in the supermarket. I mean, promotions and food, it’s definitely not doing any good to me.

I couldn’t stopped myself from grabbing things after things.

“Chocolates, checked. Milk, checked. Ramyun, checked. Bread, che…”

“Aren’t you here to get your necessities?” I turned to Ji-Yong, who stared dead in my eyes. I looked down at the trolley before realizing what I was doing. It was packed with food.

I cleared my throat. “Sorry, we’ll get that now.” I said pointing to the front.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked him as he was fiddling with his wallet.

“What?” He said as he gave the money to the cashier.

I was about to stopped him but he was too fast. He looked down as me as I watched him in disbelief. He then smirked at me.

 

“All done! Let’s go home now!” I said in a loud tone.

“Wait, I thought you still want to get some clothes?”

I stood there, and slowly turned to him.

“Erm… about that… kekeke… it’s okay.” I smiled to him, “let’s go home now.”

I walked fast towards the direction where he parked his car. Suddenly, he held onto my wrists stopping me on track.

I turned to him, giving him a questioning look.

“What is it?” he said. I mean seriously, can he be less observant?                                         

“Nothing.” I said. My expression was stiff. My body was stiff.

He just stood there, staring at me. His left hand was in his jean pocket, while his right hand was holding onto the plastic bags.

“Really, nothing. Pfft… Seriously.” I just stood there as well, looking at him.

“Even though I know you for days, I know  you’re bad at lying.” He took a step towards me as I took a step back.

“And if you don’t tell me what it is, I’ll kiss you right here.” He took another step, “Right now.”

“WHAT?!” I shouted, and covered my mouth with both my hand. I then stretched out my hand to him shooking it, “Nothing. What can it be? Hahaha…” My laugh were awkward and I was getting more and more nervous.

He didn’t say a word and walked towards me.

I began to panic. “Okay okay! It’s just… you… women… well…” he raise his brow, looking at me, “those necessary.... clothing…”

I really hated him sometime. I hated how he make me so nervous and angry at times. Well, because he just embarrassed me.

I flushed as I looked down the ground.

I heard him chuckled.

CHUCKLED.

I looked up to him and give him a death stare. He stopped laughing.

“Let’s go get it.” He said, walking passed me.

“WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?” I thought to myself, screaming in my head.

I turned to look at him in disbelief.

“Wait… wait… WAIT WAIT WAIT! YOU’RE NOT SERIOUS ARE YOU?” I shouted as I ran towards him. He didn’t turn back, but I could hear him teasing at me.

“Yah, byuntae!” I shouted.

He stopped and I stopped. He slowly turned behind, looking at me.

“What did you call me?” his tone was cool and dead.

I knew I’m landing myself in a huge trouble again. I’m dead.

“I…” He slowly makes his way to me as I stepped back.

He smirked at me, still making his way towards me.

“Ahhh! Byuntae!” I shouted as I ran passed him, towards the direction of the car. I heard him laughing even though I was running away from him.

 

We were back at home. I was relief he didn’t persist me to buy those “women's neccessary clothing” because if he did, I’m seriously dying of embarrassment.

I lied on my bed, and stretched myself as it has been a tiresome day. Though I was exhausted, I couldn’t stop smiling to myself.

Because  today…

I’ve seen a new side of him.

A Kwon Ji-Yong I didn’t expect myself to see.

 

Ji-Yong's Point Of View

I let out a sign as I lied down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. It's been so long since I felt like this. This weird... happiness.

I couldn't forget the face on Dara when she told me about the man in the alley that night. I couldn't forget the feeling that I felt when I see her cry.

It's like, I could kill the man all over again. I felt anger, strong anger. I wanted  to kill that man again for what he did to Dara.

However, that anger fade when I think about the day we spent together in the afternoon. I see her laughed, see how she get annoyed easily because of me. I mean, teasing her was the most fun thing I'd did in my entire life. I could see that annoyed face on her all the time, not getting sick of it.

Because  today…

I’ve seen a new side of her.

A Dara I didn’t expect myself to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

I hope these Daragon moments is good enough for you.

I'm not good in writing these kind of thing. Kekeke. Luckily, all the dramas I've watched have a little bit of dating session, which makes me easier to think of and easier to create.

Please comment and tell me what you'll like to see for those upcoming Daragon's moment. If it matches with my story, I'm glad to write it in for  you!