Chapter 39

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 39: Blown Away

 

As he pulled the trigger, it didn’t hit me. I was already on the ground as Ji-Yong pushed me away, and second bang was heard. Kim-Yang was on one of his knees as he was shot in his leg. The bomb was already dropped on the ground as it left two seconds.

We were all stunned but not for long.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAVE YOU SEEN THAT LOOKS ON YOU GUYS?!” Kim-Yang laughed as he was holding onto his wounds tightly.

The grenade was fake but his bullets were real.

Ji-Yong held me up as he pointed the gun towards Kim-Yang.

I immediately held onto Ji-Yong’s hands, preventing his next blow.

 

“There’s something wrong.” I whispered.

“You’re smart, Dara, but not that smart.” Yang smirked.

“You could have dodge easily.” I said as I frowned, learning that there’s indeed something wrong.

“As you say, my death is upon me, Dara. I’d rather died like this, in my own warehouse instead of being captured by them. And your death, it’s not up to me to decide. They’re coming for you, Dara. They’re all coming for you!” His laughter got louder and louder and Ji-Yong shot him on his uninjured leg as he screamed in pain.

“Who’s coming for me?” I thought to myself.

This wasn’t what I expected. I wanted to kill him with my own hands but I just realized I can’t. He just brings himself to his own death and I didn’t plan that at all.

“Ji-Yong…” I whispered to him.

I slowly looked up at him as he was already looking at me.

“Do it for your father, do it for Alex.” As we both looked at each other, he nodded, knowing what I meant.

“Close your eyes, Dara.” He said softly to me. I closed my eyes and felt his hands sliding down my shoulder and as I can no longer feel his presence, a loud bang was heard.

I opened my eyes, only to found Kim-Yang dead. A bullet was pierced through his head as blood flowed out. His eyes were still wide opened. I felt scared but that wasn’t what I want? He’s dead and he stopped breathing. I’ve finally have revenge for Alex but I doesn’t feel right.

"Burn him." Ji-Yong said  to Seung Ri & Dae-Sung who were standing behind him as he held my hand and brought me out of the warehouse.

Everything just ended like this. I meant, just three seconds ago I heard his voice loud and clear and now, he’s just lying there no longer having a soul.

“It’s over, Dara. It’s over.” Ji-Yong said as he gave me a comforting embrace. He caressing the back of my head gently and placed a kiss on my forehead, of course, I was relaxed a little.

Now, we are all left to deal with Indigo and we know this is pretty much harder than Kim-Yang. We could be dead right after we stepped into their headquarters. And yes, we’re to meet them at the headquarters and passed them the drugs. However, that’s not what we’re going to do.

Because the eight of us promise each other, that our last breathe and strength will be spent in the headquarters, fighting for our freedom.

 

It’s finally the seventh day of the deal. It’s already 3pm in the morning. There’s no news, nothing. All of us have been sitting in the meeting room in the black room for the past few hours, waiting for the deadly news to arrive.

Another three hours have gone, and this is definitely not right. Though I suspect they’ll contact us at 11:59pm sharp but still, it’s quite stupid that they’re actually going to do that.

 

*CLICK*

 

The computer screen suddenly lit up. And finally, they’re here.

We expected another black screen with edited voice of a video again but this time was different. And it’s a deadly sight to all of us.

 

A girl was tied up to a chair, with her eyes wrapped in a black cloth, her legs and arms were tied tightly to the chair and she was struggling.

Nobody expected this at all, and nobody wanted to expect this.

 

“Minzy…” Ji-Yong said under his breath.