Chapter 24

Cure From The Cold-Blooded

Chapter 24: Games

 

“Are you ready?” Stephanie was standing at the door of my bedroom, leaning to the side with her arms crossed.

“Yeah.” I took my bag as I walked out of the room with her.

“Where are we going exactly?” I asked.

“Oh, to the mall down the street.” She said as she smiled.

I didn’t feel quite right, but I believe she won’t be that stupid to do something out of line. As she walked down the stairs, I stopped behind her, turning slowly to face Ji-Yong’s bedroom.

He was only back home at 2am in the morning after that mission and even though he’s not injured at all, I was still worried for him. He looked extremely tired after he came back and it really drained my energy for worrying him that much.

“Maybe he’s still sleeping." I thought to myself as I wanted to tell him where I’m going.

“Dara?” I heard Stephanie shouted from downstairs.

“Coming.” I shouted softly, not wanting to wake Ji-Yong up.

 

We were both sitting side by side in the car that Stephanie have requested from Ji-Yong. There were two guards following behind as well. It wasn’t awkward at all. Stephanie didn’t want to talk. I didn’t want to talk.

“Who are you to Ji-Yong?” Stephanie asked. I can’t deny I was a little shocked.

“House-mate.” I planned to say girlfriend, but I remember Ji-Yong wanted me to keep it a secret.

“Well, you guys seem more than that.”

I looked at her before looking back to the front. “We seem, but we’re not.”

“Whatever you say.” She said in an arrogant tone.

I rolled my eyes and then minutes later, we’ve reached out destination.

“Whatever you need to buy make it quick, I only promise to accompany you because I didn’t want you to both Ji-Yong.” I said to her.

She smirked. “Still denying you guys aren't something?” She said to me as she walked straight to the mall entrance.

“Because I owe him my life.” I said coldly as I was walking in front of her.

 

“We’ve been walking for over an hour and you still haven’t got anything yet. I thought you’re a shopping maniac?” I asked her, feeling a little annoyed.

“Well, let’s go somewhere else. I don’t like it here.”

“Are you kidding me?” I thought to myself.

“Where?” I asked.

“Down the street.” Every time she says that, just makes me even more annoyed, but I didn’t showed it on my face.

We were walking out of the mall and I headed  to the car, thinking that she doesn’t want to walk at all even though it’s just down the road.

“Oh, we’re walking!” she said to me, “And erm, you guys doesn’t have to follow us, we’re fine.” She turned to say to the guards who were behind us.

“But Miss…” one of the guards say before Stephanie cut him short.

“I said we’re fine.” I could see her gaze were dark and angry.

“We’re fine, Woon-Sung.” I said to the guard who was cut short by Stephanie.

He bowed and followed by the other as they headed back to their car.

“Wait, you guys can go home first. I didn’t tell master we were out, go home before he goes mad. And tell the chauffeur as well.” Both of them bowed as they headed to the chauffeur to inform him, and soon they drove off.

“What’s that all about?” I turned to Stephanie, wanting to understand the scene she just created.

“What? I don’t like people following me around when I’m shopping.” She said, making me frustrated, together with her arrogant face.

“And you ask me here…” I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes.

We were in a mall after a few short minutes and she was still the same. An hour had gone and she still didn’t get anything.

“I’m going home.” I said to her.

“Wait!” I turned around as I was already near the entrance of a store, “Okay, I don’t think anything interest me here. We’ll go home but let’s go to the restroom first.”

I frowned, founding her more and more strange.

I nodded, still with a frown on my face before following her to the restroom.

We were near the restroom until I saw someone familiar.

 

“Oh! Bom!” I saw Bom and TOP in front of me as I shouted, waving my hands to them.

“Dara!” Bom shouted as she unhooked her arms from TOP and ran towards me.

“What are you doing here?” she said, smiling to me.

I didn’t say a word, instead, I turned to gaze at Stephanie.

Stephanie’s face literally fell after seeing both of them, and I looked back to Bom, giving her a friendly smile.

“Well, we’re going  to go back to the mansion now, you  coming?” Bom said.

“Yeah, I’m exhausted.” I said as I turned back to Stephanie telling her I’m heading home first.

“What? But I…”

“Well, she’ coming with us and you can ask the chauffeur to drive you back.”  Bom said as she held onto my hand and head towards TOP. The next thing I know, I was already in the same car as them heading back to the mansion.

 

“Don’t you like her?” I asked Bom who were checking her phone.

Bom turned back to me, shaking her head, giving me a smile before turning back to her phone. I looked over to TOP who was driving. I think he have the similar face as Ji-Yong, no expression at all. But I found him better than Ji-Yong.

I smile to myself, knowing that I’m already Ji-Yong’s girlfriend and still, talking bad behind him. I mean, I speak the truth. He’s boring… and hot.

“Thank you… for the coincidence.” I said shyly, looking out the window. I can feel both of their gaze on me. I looked over to them, noticing TOP is looking at me through the rear-view mirror as Bom already had her head turned back to look at me.

“I mean… I really don’t know what she wants and I’m really uncomfortable being with her.” I said to them, as Bom had both of her brows raised.

“Then why are you still with her?” she asked, giving me a questioning look.

“Because if I don’t, she’ll pester Ji-Yong and that is the last thing I want her to do.”

I know TOP have told Bom about it. And even if he didn’t, she always knows everything and I don’t know how to she do it. Still, I trusted her and don’t mind her knowing about me and Ji-Yong.

We were home within minutes. I headed up to the apartment immediately after I thanked them for the ride.

I opened the main door and saw Ji-Yong sitting at the bar table at the kitchen area, having his lunch.

“Ji-Yong…” I called out to him softly.

He snapped his head towards me. I didn’t get any respond from him.

 I saw him putting his fork down as he gets himself off the stool, walking towards me.

“You shouldn’t be up that…”

I wasn’t cut short by him.

He placed his lips on mine as both of his hands were already at my waist. He pulled me closer and deepened his kiss. Our lips touched each other, savoring the taste of each other. Our tongues met as well. My legs were starting to get weaker and weaker. I immediately pull myself away from him, though the distance of our face wasn’t far at all.

“There are people here…” I said, indicating to the servants.

He smiled. “I miss you so much. I was so scared when  I didn’t see you just now when I woke up. The servant told me you were out with Stephanie.” I can see his eyebrows slowly meeting, “What were you thinking?”

I didn’t answer him back. I tip-toed and gave him a peck on his lips.

“I’m sorry. I miss you too. You got me worried sick too, please, if you’ve any mission, do it a favor and inform me before hand.” I caressed his cheeks with both my palms, “Can you do that for me, Mr. G-Dragon?” I smiled to him, waiting for his answer.

He nodded, giving me a peck on my lips once again.

“I’m going to take a nap now. I’ve to go to work later. And don’t you dare to go out today.” He nodded again before I walked up to my room.

 

It was already in the evening, I was all prepared as I headed to work. Stephanie was already home and she’s like a magnet. I’ve seen her hooking her arms onto Ji-Yong’s as both of them were on the couch. Stephanie was watching the television and Ji-Yong were closing his eyes, partly resting. I wasn’t bothered actually because Ji-Yong actually gave me a wink before I headed to work, which makes my mood lit up immediately.

 

“Thank you for your hard work, Dara! See you tomorrow!” Crystal, one of my seniors at work said to me, waving me goodbye.

I waved her goodbye as I fished out my phone from my bag.

Five messages - all from my boyfriend.

 

From: Ji Yong

I miss you.

To: Dara

 

From: Ji Yong

When are you coming home?

To: Dara

 

From: Ji Yong

I miss your lips.

To: Dara

 

I giggled and smile to myself at the same time.

“Silly.” I mumbled to myself.

 

From: Ji Yong

It’s so hard to stay at home. I miss the club too but I miss you more.

To: Dara

 

“Since when did he get so cheesy?” I thought to myself as I read the message.

 

From: Ji Yong

Quit your job now.

To: Dara

 

I was giggling to myself as I read the message. I placed my phone inside my bag and walked down the street to take the bus home.

 

“MMMMPPPPPHHHH!” I felt someone covering my mouth with a cloth. I moved my hand to the stranger’s hand, struggling and gathering all my strength to remove the person hand.

I was getting dizzy and dizzier but I didn’t give up.

 

Then, all I could were darkness.